哦.....你小朋友係咪銅纙灣校呢?你又知嘅!

22#
發表於 08-7-4 17:48 |只看該作者

回覆 #19 mattmummy 的文章

原來係咁!唔該晒我以為waiting list 都有信
Tim!

23#
發表於 08-7-4 21:56 |只看該作者
乜今年維記唔係直升,要面試?以前都唔使,包括今屆畢業生,都係根據交返留位信先後次序來分配學額,但今年搬左新校後好多學生會選擇直升,我仔仔果班都有同學排後補入唔到。

24#
發表於 08-7-5 01:05 |只看該作者

回覆 #9 maxcat 的文章

我小朋友在銅纙灣校,之前問VSA時問過waiting list letter會遲些寄,因為唔駛急,都唔明VSA點解今年P1開6班,出年開得5班?
重有楊婉儀個女,李麗姍個女,(因)子(單)個女,陳妙芝個小朋友呢!
咁mattmummy係未收到取錄信呀?

25#
發表於 08-7-5 12:10 |只看該作者

回覆 #9 mattmummy 的文章

我誤會咗你篇文原來你小朋友唔係今年k2 VSA家長,我之後問咗VSA原來我囡囡係waiting list,不過我識有個何文田維多利亞家長佢話有D學生收到confirm Letter 但都諗住放棄唔讀VSA P1

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

26#
發表於 08-7-5 13:01 |只看該作者
唔好咁擔心啦, 黎梗會有學生出去考學校, 可能遲d會揀另外既學校呢!
原文章由 maxcat 於 08-7-5 12:10 PM 發表
我誤會咗你篇文原來你小朋友唔係今年k2 VSA家長,我之後問咗VSA原來我囡囡係waiting list,不過我識有個何文田維多利亞家長佢話有D學生收到confirm Letter 但都諗住放棄唔讀VSA P1 ...

27#
發表於 08-7-5 16:37 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 maxcat 的文章

今日終於收到封waiting list letter了

28#
發表於 08-7-6 00:04 |只看該作者

回覆 #24 samelsaho 的文章

我個女都係waiting list不過未收到信!不過我諗有confirm letter嘅家長都未必入讀VSA,因為嗰D家長又會覺自己小朋友咁叻應該仲可以考名校!遲吓又會有好多位淨返D位出尼等我地消化!你銅鑼灣校D小朋友多唔多小朋友收到confirm信呢?聽講09年度P1學費會加多每月千零蚊,我諗咁多明星子弟讀維記幼兒園遲吓更加難入

29#
發表於 08-7-6 01:03 |只看該作者
我哋今日都收到wait list信... 自己同太太同囡囡都好失望... 自己聽日重要出trip, 陪唔到佢哋...

不過各位家長收到wait list信都唔好灰心! 要相信自己嘅小朋友係得嘅!維記唔收係學校嘅損失!亦要多鼓勵小朋友,唔好比太大壓力佢哋...

在此祝福各位,明天更好!

30#
發表於 08-7-6 11:42 |只看該作者
Dear all,

I also received waiting list letter on yesterday.

Cheer up!  Many parents will give up their places if they have better offer(s).  Besides, the primary allocation for Victoria kins is not bad.

31#
發表於 08-7-6 22:13 |只看該作者
I agreed totally!

My kid that he was tested in Putonghua (not Eng and Cantonese). He is not studying in the Putonghua class, and it's very unfair to him.
Some of the parents said that if you are always school volunteeers, and the mothers are housewives, their kids were being accepted. I found that it seemed to be the case.
Very disappointed with VSA's mgt and acceptance policy.

原文章由 skateboardp 於 08-7-6 01:03 發表
我哋今日都收到wait list信... 自己同太太同囡囡都好失望... 自己聽日重要出trip, 陪唔到佢哋...

不過各位家長收到wait list信都唔好灰心! 要相信自己嘅小朋友係得嘅!維記唔收係學校嘅損失!亦要多鼓勵小 ...

32#
發表於 08-7-6 23:22 |只看該作者
oh well... my daughter told me that she was tested on her mandarin as well... i would not say that it's unfair, but if the school is going to pick kids based on whether they could speak mandarin well, i'd find that totally ridiculous...  
with regards to the school considering the level of parents' involvment at the school, etc... i am afraid that's not always the case... my wife takes care of our daughter full time and she has been an ultra active volunteer at the school... helping at excursions... story telling etc... you name it... she has done it all... my daughter receives excellent feedbacks from her teachers as well every term, and yet she was put on the wait list... so what does it take to get in? little einsteins? based on the acceptance results that i see,  i find it really hard to believe that the school was picking students with a fair and just system... i am totally with you on the vsa mgmt and their acceptance policy... what a disappointment...

what irritates me the most is that some of these parents whose kid got accepted, are openly acknowledging that they actually consider vsa as a backup... i don't think they really appreciate nor believe in IB... the school should never have offered them a place...

anyway... that's life... nothing much we can do now... instead we will have to focus on finding another good school for our daughter and helping her to get ready for the interviews...

good luck to all parents!

原文章由 TomatoCat 於 08-7-6 22:13 發表
I agreed totally!

My kid that he was tested in Putonghua (not Eng and Cantonese). He is not studying in the Putonghua class, and it's very unfair to him.
Some of the parents said that if you are alw ...

33#
發表於 08-7-6 23:48 |只看該作者
VSA only announced that priority would be given to students who are siblings of children already attending VSA.  But I also found that they like full time moms and mixed kids.

34#
發表於 08-7-7 10:47 |只看該作者

我諗都未必話全職媽媽機會大D

因為我何文田都有好多全職媽媽,至少我識嗰個佢囝囝都係waiting list,我又會諗佢會收咗深灣校D小朋友先然後再睇家庭背景及家長職業(因為有錢隨時搬都得嗰頭D樓又貴)最後就係小朋友表現!甚至waiting list 都有分先後啦!所以係冇公平嘅!我囡囡由PN班讀到家吓K2咁都唔收最失望係咁!

35#
發表於 08-7-7 11:36 |只看該作者
原文章由 maxcat 於 08-7-5 12:10 發表
不過我識有個何文田維多利亞家長佢話有D學生收到confirm Letter 但都諗住放棄唔讀VSA P1 ...

放棄唔讀VSA P1 就唔好去interview 啦...阻住想讀又只得waiting list 的小朋友...做家長的真是很擔心!

36#
發表於 08-7-7 11:39 |只看該作者

[ 本文章最後由 jujuy 於 08-7-7 11:45 編輯 ]

37#
發表於 08-7-7 12:51 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 jujuy 的文章

VSA is a good school with good hardware but we couldn't deny that they're also a set of business and they do have to keep their business running well.

My kid enrolled P1 for 2008 in the 2nd round application period last year but got no luck even we studied there since PN.  Since the school promised to accept all those who applied in the 1st round application period (no interview
was needed for this group but the condition was to sign an undertaking agreeing not applying any other schools including any private, DSS or any other schools), there're not many places left for the 2nd round applicants (because they have more than 200 enrolment in the 1st round).  Finally, seems there're only 10+ places offered to the 2nd round applicant with more than 100 applications.  The children were tested by both PTH and English (and as what some parents said here, those attending the Cantonese/English class of course hardly managed the PTH test).  I consider there's no point for them to invite those children in Cant/Eng class to attend the interview (since their chance was actually close to zero).  One thing that made me very angry was actually there're a lot of parents applying in the first round went to apply some other private schools and VSA didn't have any source to track it down (maybe we should blame on our silly honest to the school).

In this thread, I see that most of you are on the waitlist and I guess no one is rejected (since they have to make sure any vacancies will be replaced from those on waitlist for making sure their revenue).  Anyway, good luck to you all!

[ 本文章最後由 hellokids 於 08-7-8 09:45 編輯 ]

38#
發表於 08-7-7 16:21 |只看該作者
似乎新措施令很多一心想升讀維小的家長失望了。  或許, 因為行IB、有靚靚新校舍, 及幼稚園多了分校的關係, 開始有僧多粥少的情況了。

39#
發表於 08-7-7 18:12 |只看該作者
this year's interview seems to put more emphasis on parents, my child said they were just playing in the classroom and prepare some drawings.

for parent's interview it is those usual questions like why you choose VSA,  what is the child's usual activities at sat and sunday, where do your family  normally go in holidays, but one friend could not answer what PYP is.

as its fee is quite high and their allocation record had been very good, there will be drop out after government's round of enrollement. so don't give up.

原文章由 hellokids 於 08-7-7 12:51 發表
VSA is a good school with good hardware but we couldn't deny that they're also a set of business and they do have to keep their business running well.

My kid enrolled P1 for 2008 in the 2nd round app ...

[ 本文章最後由 mattsmum 於 08-7-7 20:00 編輯 ]

40#
發表於 08-7-8 01:03 |只看該作者

回覆 #5 jujuy 的文章

她們唔會現在放棄,嗰萬幾蚊一定會比!
我都係全職媽媽呀!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題