搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St. Cat, 簡直不知所謂!
樓主: BJ媽
go

St. Cat, 簡直不知所謂! [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 04-11-14 06:44 |只看該作者

Re: St. Cat, 簡直不知所謂!

所謂幼稚園名校, 其實都是家長們自己做出來的, 試想想, 如果家長們無額外付出(包括時間教導和金錢參加各式各樣的課外活動), 我想就算在什麼幼稚園名校讀書, 都未必會有成果.
其實我覺得幼稚園最需要教導的不是讀書寫字, 而是要學懂照顧自己基本日常生活和學習群體生活禮貌等.   

22#
發表於 04-11-14 22:21 |只看該作者

godzillap,

其實我唔在乎,我囝囝最後入唔入到st.cat, (反而我依家覺得佢入左另一間好學校, 真係塞翁失馬), 但我覺得我已明確表示我唔會讀pm class, 佢何必重比pm class 的waiting 我? 我覺得係無被聆聽, 唔尊重我囉.

23#
發表於 04-11-15 17:44 |只看該作者

佢冇website,冇openday ,唔主動介紹佢學校、派有關資料等都係客觀事實,所以難免俾人有封閉嘅感覺,換句話說就係透明度低,當然唔係話佢冇outing,如果佢公開啲可能令多啲人知道佢有關QUALITY Education Fund事,其實我都想知佢係咪伸請批咗啲project呢?傑出學校獎或者什麼卓越成就獎嘅名單唔覺佢有名,如果有人知道可否分享吓呢?

佢會唔會積極提供渠道讓校外家長對佢增加了解,係辦學嘅態度反映同尊重

以上純屬個人意見,多多指教!
HuiTung 寫道:
Sorry, I have applied this school and I think some of the comments are not objective enough.  If you do some research, I think you can still find some info about this school.  If you've heard of Quality Education Fund,  you know they do care about their education quality.  I know they are not that 封閉 because they lead children to know the community by joining the outreach programmes held by different societies.  They also have parent workshop and updates for the child's progress.

I don't want to comment on the school fees because it depends on persoanl value system.

24#
發表於 04-11-15 18:08 |只看該作者

codaychan,BJ媽,

不要放棄! 塞翁失馬,未必壞事,我囡囡亦試過等in時同小朋友搶玩具搞到喊,好幸運得人幫忙安慰,又試過動粗打人,難得嗰位小朋友家長氣量夠兼修養好,仲幫我女講好話,自己小朋友打人內心真的很難過,雖然講哂sorry,但到底都係自己個女唔生性,如果人哋鬧我,都要dub哂頭la !

最緊要唔好受唔好嘅經歷影響,祝你哋小朋友喺日後嘅interview發揮得更好,愈見愈成功

25#
發表於 04-11-15 18:11 |只看該作者

我對你地的意見都有同感, 我有個同事又係一肚氣, 話說當日中文in但只係就英文同個囡重覆問題, 個先生就話佢出貓 佢就嬲到想走果隻, 而我自已雖然未至於, 但係真係對呢間學校冇乜好感, in 果個先生冇乜笑容, 唔識答就好似一定要做到佢識答為止, 課室細, 走廊又窄, 我即時係度想如果火災都唔知走唔走得切(論設施比好多屋村學校都不如) 地下個playground又用旗仔圍實, 慌死你入去玩, 總之真係冇樣有好感, 總算叫做去見識下, 真係貼錢都唔會讀, 都係留番比d一心只係想入名校的家長把啦  

26#
發表於 04-11-15 19:02 |只看該作者

Mrs Fong,
May I know what other school you have choose for your son ?  I'm not sure whether SC is really good or not as some says it is really good but some says it is not.
:wave:

27#
發表於 04-11-15 20:00 |只看該作者

godzillap,

Kentville.

28#
發表於 04-11-16 00:18 |只看該作者

sunmoon 寫道:
佢冇website,冇openday ,唔主動介紹佢學校、派有關資料等都係客觀事實,所以難免俾人有封閉嘅感覺,換句話說就係透明度低,當然唔係話佢冇outing,如果佢公開啲可能令多啲人知道佢有關QUALITY Education Fund事,其實我都想知佢係咪伸請批咗啲project呢?傑出學校獎或者什麼卓越成就獎嘅名單唔覺佢有名,如果有人知道可否分享吓呢?

佢會唔會積極提供渠道讓校外家長對佢增加了解,係辦學嘅態度反映同尊重

以上純屬個人意見,多多指教!
[quote]
[/quote]

Same as Kentville la!  I've applied both but have no special favour to any.  I just based on my findings to say.  Moreover, I heard Kentville does not like parents' participation in any of its activities tim!   :-x

29#
發表於 04-11-16 00:39 |只看該作者

Hi Mrs. Fong,

Many parents said Kentville is a traditional school which makes kids being under pressure if they are studying in this school.

30#
發表於 04-11-16 12:41 |只看該作者

Many famous kindergarten have no web-site.  Many kind of these kind of "famous" school are 標籤 by parents.  Those school have no advertising but why still so many people want to get a sit?!  Some people may only see the good things.  But nothing is absolute.
:-? ;-) 8-) :-P :-? ;-) 8-) :-P :-? :-P

31#
發表於 04-11-16 12:45 |只看該作者

Kentville老師都會接受家長建議,都不是一般人所講的,慢慢了解啦!

32#
發表於 04-11-16 13:32 |只看該作者

TSLiu,

其實以下都係我好個人的意見...

是活動教學, 或是傳統教學的幼稚園, 其實我都無真係讀過, 只好睇身邊有無例子, 剛好身邊確有幾位親朋的子女讀呢兩間...我真係覺得讀kentville的幾好噃, 又無話驚唔肯返學, 個個都開開心心的, 亦有規有矩呀,  最最最重要係個個寫字都好靚...

其實, 如果會在香港繼續讀書的, 接受傳統教學是遲早的事...加上, 我囝囝現在已返了2個多月學, 我都唔覺得佢好辛苦呀, 佢一樣學到好多有趣的兒歌, 舞蹈, 一樣會把在學校所學的在家中又唱又跳比我睇...,

小朋友其實真的不知什麼是辛苦的!   

33#
發表於 04-11-16 22:22 |只看該作者

Mrs Fong,
I totally agree with you.  Recently, the EMB of HK Government recommends Kindergarten to let children 'happy learning' & it does not recommend children to start writing in K1.  It also recommend Kinder to cancel all exam & test & dictation... to take away pressure on small children.  It says Kindergarten life has to make children interested in learning for the rest of their life... I understand that but it's seem the Primary Schools  of HK still teach in a traditional way ( the more famous the Primary school is the more traditional they are!! ), it will be difficult for children in Primary school if they have a too easy life in Kinder.  I'm still wondering what kind of Kinder to chose for my son (easy like Yau Yat Chuen or difficult like St. Catherine or Kentville).  Could you please give me some recommendation? Thanks.
:wave:

34#
發表於 04-11-16 22:48 |只看該作者

godzillap,

其實我真的不太懂, 基本上聽到人地話係好的我就會留意多d. 上年我替囝囝報考了2間, st. cat & kentville,我諗如果兩間都唔得, 我就會報劍鳴(聽講男仔讀都幾好, 但因為校舍較細, 所以係次選)...好坦白講在st.cat放榜前, 我發現該校的保安有少少問題(我遲了交form, 因此親身前往...當時是中午時候, 學校仍未下課, 但我在學校裏, 來來回回行了很多地方, 仍無人察覺我的存在, 我擔心會好易有一些壞人走進校園...)

當然, 當時亦有諗過傳統教學會不會令小朋友很吃力呢...但我想只要我唔比壓力佢, 相信在任何學校上學, 又有小朋友同佢一齊玩及學習, 其實都會好有趣的 所以我現在接佢放學時會問佢, "今日你返學開唔開心呀, 有什麼玩過..." 之後才問他學過什麼(因為我真係想知)...唔知對不對的, 其實佢係學生, 我都係學生(學教仔!)

35#
發表於 04-11-17 00:13 |只看該作者

上年小兒也是去 st,cat interview ,感覺一樣激氣!!
老師沒愛心,而主任也是 e.g.我當時問了句 國語一星期有多少?他便回答  我們是 st.cat 國際英文幼稚園而不是國語幼稚園你沒了解嗎!我當時立即想出去!激死? :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

36#
發表於 04-11-17 10:27 |只看該作者

Hi Mrs. Fong,

As I have heard some bad comments from other parents about Kentville, I did not go with my son to have interview last Sat. I only applied SC & Stafford. What do you think?

Thanks

37#
發表於 04-11-17 11:04 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

38#
發表於 04-11-17 11:17 |只看該作者

My son had the interview at SC on Nov 13.  Actually somebody like this kindergarten and me too, but I will not let my son to admit even they accept my son.  Coz I'm worry if the teacher will ignore my son if my son doesn't not wear some brand of clothes, pant, underwear, sock & shoes.
Although I don't mind to spend the money on my son, I don't want my son to change the quality of personality and thinking!!!

39#
發表於 04-11-17 11:53 |只看該作者

Even some comment St Catherine is commercial, parents and primary school buy their concept because:
1. good in both Eng and Chi. standard
2. they had selected parent with resources to bring up their child
3. Students are happy in school

Since the kinder is a profit making org. you may find that the child who live along their school bus route get higher chance for acceptance.  Let say, if they have BIG school bus stop at your home station, your chance is much greater.  School bus business and profit making is also part of consideration.  

I think your home address and parent's background play the main role for student selection rather than the child's performance.

I have attent the interview twice for my two child in these school for different years, both teachers are so敷衍 and made me not interested in answering their questions.  I had paid deposits for two times even I gave up finally becasue it is still worth for having it for back up.  Even parents might not like the teachers during interview, but their teacher will make your child study happily here.  

醒目開學勳章

40#
發表於 04-11-17 12:07 |只看該作者

agreed with Today!

If you fill the application form and state that you havel a plan to join the school bus service, the chance of acceptance is higher the others who do not join the school bus.  Maybe you think it's so commercial, but the school also need money to support the cost of the school service, drivers and helpers and the fuel, etc.

Good luck to all!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題