搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局蔡繼有學校 請問讀CKY每月大約開支是多少?
樓主: sundae525
go

請問讀CKY每月大約開支是多少? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 11-2-21 10:08 |只看該作者
Jerrymamimami,

i looked at the school site and they actually have tuition fee remission scheme, if your family incomes fall within a certain range (subject to # of family members being financed within the same household), you can get a certain % of tuition remitted. based on the current fee schedule (and pro-rata calculataio of grade 11/12 tuition), the total tuition (excluded instrument fee, book fee, trip fee, school bus, lunch fee), it cost around 800K to finish the 12 years education.

anyone please feel free to correct me if my math is wrong.

if the child is smart enough, they can also get scholarship and get free tuition for certain academic year (i heard it from someone, not sure if it is really genuine).

原帖由 Jerrymamimami 於 11-2-19 09:02 發表
請問到海外交流的話, 學校會有資助給有需要家庭嗎?

22#
發表於 11-2-21 13:40 |只看該作者
my kid is still too young to join the study tour, so, I can't answer that details.  I just know that parents are not required to join the tour, but most kids at year 4 will prefer their parents to go along.  When the kids grow up, they would not like their parents accompanying.

>>do you know if a child completes grade 6, are they eligible to apply  other IB school?

why not? any students (not only from CKY) can apply IB school anywhere (worldwide) as long as the school accepts them.  
Well, the curriculum of IB schools can be different, but the spirit of them are consistent.  If you are concern about the expenses, what I can say is that CKY is not expensive as compared to CSC already.

Scholarship/free school tuition?  I don't notice there is any of this in CKY.

[ 本帖最後由 cat_house 於 11-2-21 13:42 編輯 ]

23#
發表於 11-2-21 14:19 |只看該作者
Thanks for your information cat_house.
looking at the tuition fee from grade 7 and onward, CSS is much lower than CKY, of course I did not count in any miscellaneous fee.

noted about the school tour and i cannot agree to you more that older kids absolutely do not want their parents to go along with them....

24#
發表於 11-2-25 18:44 |只看該作者
FYI:

Y7 Study Tour to Singapore
2-6 May 2011
Fee: Approximately $7,900-$8,400 per student
(I think it depends on the total number of participating students)

My experience:

Y4 Tour - The School "encouraged" parents to accompany their kids.

Y5 Tour - The School "welcomed" parents to accompany their kids

Y6 Tour - The School began to "discourage" parents to accompany their kids, and the kids began to feel shame at having accompanying parents

[ 本帖最後由 kunggi201 於 11-2-25 18:55 編輯 ]

25#
發表於 11-2-26 10:25 |只看該作者
Hi kunggi, thanks for your information.

i like the way you expressed "encouraged-welcomed-discouraged"................

when you said the fee depends on the number of participants, can you tell me how many % of students (that you know in your kid's class) did not participate?

do you know anything about instrument classes? i heard kdis need to pay around 300-500 a month, do these lessons conducted during school hour?

原帖由 kunggi201 於 11-2-25 18:44 發表
FYI:

Y7 Study Tour to Singapore
2-6 May 2011
Fee: Approximately $7,900-$8,400 per student
(I think it depends on the total number of participating students)

My experience:

Y4 Tour - The School "enc ...

26#
發表於 11-2-28 14:07 |只看該作者
instrument class ~$4000 per year.  Conducted once a week.

原帖由 KiddyPrince 於 11-2-26 10:25 發表

when you said the fee depends on the number of participants, can you tell me ho ...

27#
發表於 11-2-28 23:26 |只看該作者
原帖由 KiddyPrince 於 11-2-26 10:25 發表

when you said the fee depends on the number of participants, can you tell me ho ...

The very majority of kids join the study tours every year.

In my kid's classes (Y4-Y6), only 1-2 students didn't join the tours in the past, so as other classes I believe.

Parents choosing CKY are of course in line with its vision and the way of academic development.  We appreciate the opportunities of participating in study tours by our kids, unless a few parents really cannot afford the fee or may have other reasons.

28#
發表於 11-3-1 09:57 |只看該作者
many thanks to cat-house and kunggi201 feedback.

原帖由 kunggi201 於 11-2-28 23:26 發表

The very majority of kids join the study tours every year.

In my kid's classes (Y4-Y6), only 1-2 students didn't join the tours in the past, so as other classes I believe.

Parents choosing CKY are ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題