22#
發表於 11-8-2 10:30 |只看該作者
唔該,等我睇下先‥ http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/images/smilies/default/bb3.gif
原帖由 mio8390 於 11-8-1 15:52 發表
位置在九龍塘,網址是http://hkage.org.hk/en/index.html

23#
發表於 11-8-2 12:47 |只看該作者

多謝各樓主意見,特別是leeamy

多謝各樓主意見,特別是leeamy,已查閱過兩個網址 ,其中Standford University EPGY没有適合的課程,(因課程偏重語文及數學,小兒是專注於科學),反而Center for Talented Youth有一個science課程好像適合他,但價錢稍貴,類似edb的網上課程,要再了解一下.

24#
發表於 11-8-2 16:52 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

25#
發表於 11-8-3 15:12 |只看該作者
我覺得我最需要唔係點栽培佢, 係點樣平衡佢同我既情緒行為... 佢一發癲, 我更癲....
攪到幫手湊佢既婆婆都話, 連佢都覺得自己要去見社工輔導佢....

唉.....

26#
發表於 11-8-3 15:51 |只看該作者
nicolewong58
據我所知,EPGY有一科物理科(我仔當年讀過,現在不知道還有沒有?),可能適合令郎。你打電話或親身問下先。如果有既,你可以先讓孩子預備一下,尤其是課程應該是用英文,考試都應該會用英文。記著要預備,因為機會祇會留給有「預備」的人。

很久沒有來親子王國了,因為孩子已經大了。但看見你的情形,實在為你著急,就像自己當年像熱鍋上的螞蟻一樣。

實在為你著急,因為你的孩子正當呈分試,也正當「仍可培育」的年紀。要知道,有一位家長也有說過,孩子的聰明是會隨著時間,在欠缺適合的培養下慢慢減退的。

當務之急,是好好與孩子一起「預備」。預備好自己的情緒,不要被孩子惹怒,這是對任何事都幫倒忙的。多了解孩子的情緒,例如孩子發怒可能是因為「理想主義」,對自己要求太高,可嘗試請他了解一下當下的情況,把對自己的要求降低一些....

對不起,留言太長了,如果不合你意,就當我沒說過吧,有緣再見^^

27#
發表於 11-8-3 17:28 |只看該作者

回復 1# mcc014 的帖子

Yes, they should have Physics, but I think your son need to sit for an assessment, both for Standford EPGY and Johns Hopkins CTY. As I told you before, for Stanford EPGY, they will ask you to submit a copy of the academic report when you apply for your son, if they think your son is good enough then they will ask your son to go for the assessment.

The difference between the courses in Johns Hopkins CTY and the Gifted in EDP HK (Kowloon Tong) is that the courses offered by Johns Hopkins CTY are long-termed courses, and you can always attend a course or two. Besides, they have astronomy course, biology course, chemistry course, and so forth. Please send an email to them and ask for more info.

28#
發表於 11-8-3 17:42 |只看該作者

回復 4# Shoeshine 的帖子

Don't worry about the credit. It is only for claiming the subjects after your son has taken the course, and does not want to take the same at school. Since in HK, they will not let you skip a class, so this is not useful info.

As I recalled, my son joined Johns Hopkins CTY also when he was in primary 5. And we asked his English  tutor as his proctor for doing the assessment sent by Johns Hopkins CTY.

After the test, the English tutor who acted as a proctor sent back the test to CTY, and they graded it. My son was accepted into the program. As ShoesShine said, the test I think was something like the SCAT, which includes both English and Math. Within the program, your son can take anything that is available to him.As you can see, if your son has a qualifying math score, then he can take anything in the Math section, including science. If he has a qualifying verbal score, then he can take languages. It does not matter if he does not have both, since my son did not have a qualifying verbal score. So all he did was math, from grade 6 math to pre-algebra, from legebra to geometry. And my son just finished AP Calculus AB. These courses are done from the web, and each course, CTY will assign a tutor to you to help you with the assignment.

By the way, my son has had the AP exam on Calculus AB, and he got a 5 in the result. Not bad, euh??

29#
發表於 11-8-3 23:03 |只看該作者

30#
發表於 11-8-4 00:15 |只看該作者

31#
發表於 11-8-4 10:32 |只看該作者
My son is now 15 years old, and he just finished F4. He is doing the AP courses because they are important for applying universities, any university in the world.

I think some schools will ask the kids do IGCSE exam, since we just started the 334 , and nobody will know how the exam and the result of the HKDSE will be. But I ask my son to do the AP courses.

As I said before, CTY assigns a tutor with each course. So whenever he has any problems, he will communicate with his tutor.

When my son started the CTY program, he was the same age as nicolewong58's son. So whenever he did his course or assignment, I had to be there for him. I remembered that CTY tutor assigned a white-board session each week for my son so that if my son had any problems we could talk about it. My son's English was not good then, so I had to be there sitting by the computer with my son, to do the translation and typing for my son. Now he is big enough, and his English is very good, I do not have to sit with him. But I still remind him to do his course and assignment from time to time.   

After all these years, he has been doing quite a number of courses from CTY, and these are good to be included in your profortlio when applying to universities.

32#
發表於 11-8-10 15:57 |只看該作者

想知道中學對資優兒童有何支援

唔好意思,工作太忙,所以咁遲先回帖,首先多謝各位關心,另外leeamy還在線嗎?我再查看過cty其中middle school science demo內容,覺得是一套非常好的敎材,小兒對physical science很有興趣,但覺得earth & space science 比較淺,現在他學的天文學艱深很多,(但由於没有導師,唔識只有撞答案,好有問題),故想請問leeamy 知否cty的middle school science 等於香港學校的何等程度,另貴公子是否是數學方面資優,小兒英文及數學都只是中上程度,會否在assessment上有問題。cty在香港認授性如何?
此外,也想知道中學對資優兒童有何支援,有冇一些持續性的課程,聽說也是推薦到大學上課,但是否只是如小學一樣,讀一些無持續性的貴價興趣班?或香港資優敎育學院?(是否只接受政府評估結果)

33#
發表於 11-8-17 09:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 nicolewong58 於 11-8-10 15:57 發表
唔好意思,工作太忙,所以咁遲先回帖,首先多謝各位關心,另外leeamy還在線嗎?我再查看過cty其中middle school science的 demo內容,覺得是一套非常好的敎材,小兒對physical science很有興趣,但覺得earth & space science 比較淺,現在他學 ...

Actually CTY program is administered by Johns Hopkins University of Maryland, USA. And this program is as famous (認授性) as EPGY of Stanford University. Maybe some moms/dads do not know about it, but I am sure all Universities in Hong Kong/all over the world know about it.
In the US, middle school means Primary 6 to Secondary 2, that is grade 6 to grade 8, and it is not odd for your son at the age of 10/11 to attend those courses, because in the US, their curriculum is very different. If your child's any subject at school is excellent enough, the school will let your child skip to a higher grade for that the same subject. Let's say, your child is now at grade 7, his mathematics is good, very good that he gets A+ all along. Then the school will let your child studies grade 8 mathematics, but the other subjects stay at grade 7 level, cool??
If you want, send an email to CTY program in the US, and ask what you could do to enroll. Let your son try the assessment. Actually when my son did the assessment, his English was not good, and the marks were not high. As for the mathematics portion of the assessment, the important thing is make sure your son knows his math at school. Besides, since this assessment is in English, if he learns math in English that would be fine.
In my son's Secondary school, there is not much support. We did not claim any credits from CTY, that means, my son still needs to attend any mathematics courses at school. To us, doing all those Mathematics exercises is go for training the brain, and my son agrees. So I just went to his Mathematics teacher every year, telling him that my son is doing which CTY courses.
Besides, the school will post what organization offer what courses they can enroll. But the school does not do any help. As I know even the course from the Government 資優敎育學院 offers 無持續性的貴價興趣班, not to talk about CU.
If you are looking for 持續性的課程, only EPGY (infokids in HK) and CTY (online) can do.

34#
發表於 11-8-17 10:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 nicolewong58 於 11-8-10 15:57 發表
唔好意思,工作太忙,所以咁遲先回帖,首先多謝各位關心,另外leeamy還在線嗎?我再查看過cty其中middle school science的 demo內容,覺得是一套非常好的敎材,小兒對physical science很有興趣,但覺得earth & space science 比較淺,現在他學 ...

nicolewong58,
Please check pm

35#
發表於 11-8-17 10:38 |只看該作者
hi leeamy,
很高興再次看到你的回覆,很詳盡,謝謝!我會稍後email去cty查詢,如果assessment通過的話,我打算在今年12月才開始課程,因為我希望他可以盡力考好第二次呈分試.總之,再次多謝你的幫忙,令我不致太旁惶.

36#
發表於 11-8-18 22:08 |只看該作者
nicolewong58,
Please check pm

37#
發表於 11-10-12 11:40 |只看該作者

回復 2# nicolewong58 的帖子

nicolewong58,

Please check pm.

leeamy

38#
發表於 11-10-17 11:19 |只看該作者

回復 1# leeamy 的帖子

工作太忙,很久沒有看kingdom(因我多數是在公司看),原來有朋友找我.AMY請check pm.

39#
發表於 11-10-18 11:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 nicolewong58 於 11-10-17 11:19 發表
工作太忙,很久沒有看kingdom(因我多數是在公司看),原來有朋友找我.AMY請check pm.

Yes, Nicole please check PM

40#
發表於 11-10-19 09:12 |只看該作者

Amy please check PM again

原帖由 leeamy 於 11-10-18 03:20 發表

Yes, Nicole please check PM

Amy please check PM again.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題