密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Harrow - Need some advice
樓主: bombombb
go

Harrow - Need some advice   [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-9-19 11:15 |只看該作者
yes, i had read topkidsmum the message # 6. but judging from the reply of bobbycheung message # 4, I could not blame her. After all, to say that one's statement is "bold" in this kind of forum invites criticism. Nevertheless, let's move on !!!

22#
發表於 12-9-19 11:30 |只看該作者
in replying to message #20, i did not say to "禁" his words ! if there are misunderstanding, i am willing to apologize . But this is a forum and all parents are entitle and encourage to share their opinions and feeling. If you don't like it , fine, it is up to you. But it is rude to challenge one's basis for his/her feeling, whatever it may be.

23#
發表於 12-9-19 11:49 |只看該作者
Are the teacher's qualifications different from those of Bangkok and Beijing?
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

24#
發表於 12-9-19 12:04 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-9-19 12:10 編輯

回復 Scotman 的帖子

In fact I deliberately chose to use the word "bold" as opposed to "pretentious" in order to avoid bad feeling.  How else would you describe a statement saying that "in academic way there is no comparison with the qualifications of the teachers of Harrow"?  I wouldn't call it "modest or humble", would you?   As she said Harrow's teachers are so much superior than all the other teachers in Hong Kong, I thought it's only natural that I should ask why she said so.  She could have replied saying it's her own opinion without in depth comparision as in her Message #5.  She could have even ignored my question altogether.  But I don't think I deserve Message #6 as a reply.  
(topkidmom. sorry, I don't want to bring you into this again but there is a few things that I need to clarify and I couldn't do so without reference to you)

點評

Honey917    發表於 12-9-19 22:42
acdad  Agree!  發表於 12-9-19 13:11

25#
發表於 12-9-19 12:08 |只看該作者
回復 Scotman 的帖子

Asking one's basis for her opinion or feeling is not rude.  If I say XXX school sucks, would you ask why?  If I say XXX school is the worst school in Hong Kong, would you ask why?...............

點評

Honey917    發表於 12-9-19 22:41
acdad    發表於 12-9-19 13:12

26#
發表於 12-9-19 12:35 |只看該作者
Scotman 發表於 12-9-19 11:15
yes, i had read topkidsmum the message # 6. but judging from the reply of bobbycheung message # 4, I ...

冇問題,我都係好奇

其實,ek 個個家長性格不同,有 d 好有風度
有 d 就係唔係都打一大堆公仔,又 "秒咀" ,又恥笑人
我個人就覺得真係好冇禮貌

不過,在 ek 耐,就會知網友品德性格,道不同不相為謀
我以前見到有網友資料不詳,都會問清楚 d
不過,而家精明多了,會就住問就住答
有時明知係人地  "主場",都係不出聲為妙

點評

Honey917    發表於 12-9-19 22:29

27#
發表於 12-9-19 12:46 |只看該作者
By the way, teachers' qualifications are not everything.  We will have to wait and see its results as its a new school.  It takes time for results to build up.  See the example of ISF - it's a good school and very suitable for HK students.  But the first year IB results do not seem impressive.  If it's good, it will show up in years to come.

28#
發表於 12-9-19 13:12 |只看該作者
My friend sent her son to Harrow this Sept. She  wanted to send her son to ESF but her son came from Victoria Kinder, Cat 2. He didn't even has a chance for interview and now his name was on wait list.

His mom told me not that she wanted to go to Harrow but the bottom line is he couldn't get into any IS. Her child's English is not as fluent as those you see in most IS. Her mom hopes to switch him to other IS if he has a chance to be interviewed in the future. So for now, he needs to stay at Harrow.

I have no comments about the teacher qualifications at Harrow. However I do think Topkidmom's reply was childish, rude and impolite. Bobbycheung didn't challenge you at all, instead he just asked you based on what data or information lead you to make your conclusion. It was very rational and relevant. Why would you get overacted, sensitive and said you didn't want to attract cyber bullying while your words did the opposite way? I'm so puzzle.

點評

Honey917    發表於 12-9-19 22:31
acdad  Agree!  發表於 12-9-19 13:14

29#
發表於 12-9-19 13:27 |只看該作者
Why didn't your friend choose Victoria primary school instead?  It's much cheaper and runs the IB system.  It'll save a lot of money and won't need to switch schools.

30#
發表於 12-9-20 01:21 |只看該作者
大家都系討論下, 唔好咁激動. 我個囡入左佢地Y1, 基本上學校新, 所以行政上可以話系亂. 但系睇得到佢地改善得好快. 而佢地有個好處就系成日用email同家長溝通, 今個term會點會點, 功課又會點, 樣樣....有一樣野明顯既系阿囡既英文講得好左好多......雖然阿囡一路都系讀國際幼稚園...系屋企都系講英文....可能佢果班小朋友唔系多, 定系我錯覺....我覺得佢既英文系好左好多.

31#
發表於 12-9-20 17:55 |只看該作者
to 24112006:  May I know if you have bought debentures from Harrow or if you have paid the non-refundable capital levy of HK$50,000?   I am told that their debenture first batch are sold out and have no idea when will issue the second batch...   I am thinking about enrolling my son to their Year 1 but I think I will have to ask if there are any 'vacancy'...   

32#
發表於 12-9-21 13:25 |只看該作者
I paid capital levy $50,000

33#
發表於 12-9-21 17:26 |只看該作者
I see. That's a lot more 'affordable' for normal people  

34#
發表於 12-9-22 12:40 |只看該作者
In reply to Bobbycheung # 26, no. I wont ask you "why" . You must have your justification for saying so and I will respect your views and I will not ask you how and why and on what justification to made such bold statement. As a matter of fact, I will not expect a short answer from this forum and I do not believe I will get a objective answer from any participant here because we are human, after all. you. You see everybody is entitle to his /her own views and this is a forum to share one's feeling. And if you want to  seek clarification or classification from anyone here, yes , you may ask but not to , say, cross examine and challenge one basis for such opinion. If you needs this, yes, go and do a research on your own. ! But to imply that those who airs his /her opinion here , must be objective is too much to ask for. After all, I  believe all participant in this forum has the ability to know what is a personal opinion and what is not. So , no. I will not ask you why !

35#
發表於 12-9-22 13:47 |只看該作者
回復 Scotman 的帖子

Agreed. This is not newspaper here and we are not reporters. How can one expect another to prove his/her opinion (not fact) with facts or statistics in this kind of forum? I may ask why though, but it is more than sufficient to tell how you feel or what you see that lead to your conclusion (opinion). I won't expect to see any research paper here!

36#
發表於 12-9-22 20:08 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 bobbycheung 於 12-9-22 23:24 編輯

回復 Scotman 的帖子

There are so many obvious faults and mistakes in what you said in #35...............!!!!!!

37#
發表於 12-9-23 00:44 |只看該作者
回復 Scotman 的帖子

I don't see how it is a way to respect others by not questioning their statements or basis of opinions. I would have thought one should ask questions and probe since this is the way we, and our kids, are supposed to learn.  Be respectful by being courteous, giving others benefit of the doubt and accepting that there will be differences of opinions and perspectives.  But not to question?  Don't see how that is a way forward.
Flippant remarks, on the other hand, are uncalled for.

38#
發表於 12-9-23 00:47 |只看該作者
回復 Scotman 的帖子

BTW, I am questioning your statement "they want their children to get a job in Hk after graduation and they think US system is different from HK system and so they dont sent their children to USA" in another thread.  Care to explain on what basis are you forming this judgement?

39#
發表於 12-9-23 12:21 |只看該作者
HKTHK 發表於 12-9-23 00:44
回復 Scotman 的帖子

I don't see how it is a way to respect others by not questioning their statemen ...

其實,我都唔明 bobbycheung 有幾唔禮貌

有人話 harrow 的師資比其他學校好,bobbycheung  問下佢點得出呢個結論
如果真係有根有據,點解唔敢答?
結果唔答不特止,重要出 "藐咀公仔"
到底邊個先唔禮貌

最好笑係有人撐,話 bobbycheung 唔應該咁問喎
真係莫名其妙

最好笑,係而家有人 delete  晒 d  message
不過好采我呢個 ek/bk  舊人知道好多人中意改/delete message
一早在 #19 做晒 quote

你可以 delete  晒原 post 的 "藐咀公仔" ,但係 delete 唔到我 quote 了的 post
你咁冇禮貌,不單幫唔到自己仔女間學校爭取正面形象,反而係比了負面的感覺