用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 各位小學家長:請問邊間幼稚園你哋既子女讀過覺得 ...
樓主: cherly
go

各位小學家長:請問邊間幼稚園你哋既子女讀過覺得好滿意、好值得推介的 [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-10-20 22:47 |只看該作者

Re: 各位小學家長:請問邊間幼稚園你哋既子女讀過覺得好滿意、好值得推介的呢?

agree !!!             

CD 寫道:
St. Catherine

Good English Standard
The teachers are very nice
My son enjoys the school life very much

22#
發表於 05-10-20 23:47 |只看該作者

其實要睇下你係要o的乜o既父母, 如果你要小朋友適應讀書壓力, 習慣做功課/默書, 根德園/st. catherine, 幫到你.  但假如你希望小朋友有耐力, 懂得自我搜集資料/有自信/肯發問/懂得投票, 願意小數服從多數, 自組小組做課題研討, 聖三一中心是值得考慮的幼稚園.  雖然不少家長話佢貴(4000-全日制), 但朝8晚6, 5天半托兒式教育, 較半日制的學校超值. <每位老師均穿圍裙教書, 目的是圍裙前有兩個袋, 一個盛筆記本, 另一個袋筆, 記錄不同小朋友在不同時間說了一些甚麼說話, 然後家長會在每年3 個學期厚厚的課題研習中知道自己小朋友曾經說過些甚麼說話, 語氣態度栩栩如生, 一一筆錄, 見證自己小朋友的成長.  這個我在其他幼稚園未分享過!>       

23#
發表於 05-10-21 13:23 |只看該作者

victoria nursery,
all of my friends living in hk island choose this one, very strange.

for me, i has no hesitation to let my younger son there.

24#
發表於 05-10-21 13:28 |只看該作者

Re: 各位小學家長:請問邊間幼稚園你

Totally agreed. My daughter attended Ling Liang Church Kindergarten (Lam Tin). Teachers and Principal Tsang are very nice and caring. It just like a big family. My daughter love all the teachers there and loved to go to school. Parents can participate a lot of school activities, both organized by PTA and school.

didima 寫道:
i recommend Ling Liang Church kindergarden(causeway bay)
happy, less homework and creative school(like a America approach)
didima     

25#
發表於 05-10-21 14:43 |只看該作者

easy 寫道:
完全同意。
好快適應小學生活。[quote]
adacheng0610 寫道:
根德園,考試默書佢地自己可應付,老師教授佢地自理能力好好,家長唔洗擔心.
[/quote]

agree!
重有, 小朋友一早適應咗又明白到讀書,做功課係佢嘅責任, 已習以為常, 唔會覺得有大壓力, 每日返學都好開心.

26#
發表於 05-10-21 15:34 |只看該作者

may22999, Wnnieng, yoyo-mother, CD

我都好想個仔讀St Catherine,但系我住o系銅鑼灣,會晤會太遠呢?  你地d小朋友o個班有無人住香港區?佢地點返學?

唔該哂。

Chole

may22999 寫道:
我囡囡非常想念St. Catherine
現就讀小一D中英數都冇問題,由其D英文對她來說          (so easy)
   [quote]
CD 寫道:
St. Catherine

Good English Standard
The teachers are very nice
My son enjoys the school life very much

[/quote]   

27#
發表於 05-10-21 17:12 |只看該作者

I would like to ask about St.Catherine. Do the kids speak English at school?

Thanks!

28#
發表於 05-10-21 17:15 |只看該作者

根德園。

雖然無native teacher教英文, 但佢o地好注重發音, 而且並非傳說中傳統, 囡囡讀得開心又學到好多o野。
:idea:

29#
發表於 05-10-21 18:10 |只看該作者

My son had been studies at Ling Liang Church (main campus at Causeway Bay) for almost two years and left at April this year to YMAC International Kingtergarden.

The reason for such change is that I recognized that the actual situation at Ling Liang Church could not meet my expectation. Although Ling Liang Church has a very good education philosophy and action plan but due to limited of resources, the teachers could not implement the plans effectively. For example, there is only two teachers to take care of a K2 class with almost 40 students. In fact, only one teacher performs the main teaching function while the other just provides limited support because the two teachers have agreed to split the main teaching responsibilites, one for the morning class and the other for the afternoon class.  Individual attention to students is very limited. How can a teacher to take good care of almost 80 students. Besides, the teachers are very busy in preparing various types of teaching materals and they work very hard and very late because there is enough resources to employ more teaching assistants in helping all these teaching materials.

YMCA is totally different. At K2 there are three teachers to handle a class of less than 30 students and no afternoon class such that each teacher can really take care a small amount of students. At K3 there are two teachers to handle a class of less than 20 students. Please note that YMCA is an international kindergarten and most of the students will leave YMCA after K2 and go to international priminary school.

Furthermore, the most impressive is the full day curriculum offered at K2 & K3. The morining session will be normal school while the afternoon seesion will focus of various activities including swimming class, gymastic, golf practicing, cooking, art & craft, etc. Most of the activites are conducted by external professional coaches but not the kindergarten teachers. This type of curriculum can give your child a vey well-balanced developed.  

Aftering attending the third term of K2 and the first week of K3, my son was successfully admitted by Quarry Bay School (QBS) (an ESF international priminary school) and he is now studying for P1 at QBS.

Some of the old classmates of my son at Ling Liang Church also changed to study at YMCA after seeing the amazing improvement and progress of my son's development for having only 2.5 months study at YMCA.  

30#
發表於 05-10-21 20:39 |只看該作者

hi kklee:
your kid class have 40 classmate?
so many  wor
my kid only 26 when he study in Ling liang
i know they actually have 2 teachers in class, one is the class teacher and the other is assistant
Is YMCA is whole day school?
because Ling Liang  is seprate am and pm class
so all  ETC held  after school and saturday
Happy  to know that your kid enter QBS
my kid graduate in Ling Liang (causeway bay),i am grateful  miss  Tsang  give a chance to my kid to study Ling Liang, he  finally can get a seat such as La Salle , Logos and  DBSPD.

didima

31#
發表於 05-10-21 21:30 |只看該作者

ChunMaMa

我同事的女兒曾讀St. Catherine K1 至K3
現就讀九龍塘嘉諾撒聖家小學P2
因St. Catherine 是英文幼稚園 每班1個英文1個中文老師
英語聽 讀能力 確實高 也很喜歡閱讀
但因幼稚園屬活動教學 功課少
上了 九龍塘嘉諾撒聖家小學後
該小學是九龍塘名校 屬傳統教學 功課較多
小孩不能適應 故成績只一般

故當你為bb選幼稚園時
須考慮將來讀的小學是否適合她
ChunMaMa 寫道:

Thanks!

32#
發表於 05-10-22 00:21 |只看該作者

Yes, when they talk to the native English teachers.  The school can facilitate both academic and personal development of your kids.  
For me, I want my child to have a happier school life rather stuff with homework and writing.  Actually when they go to primary school they'll need to start they school life in doing homeworks and dictation ! I believe they'll adapt to and easily manage it..
------------------------------------------------------
ChunMaMa 寫道:

Thanks!  

33#
發表於 05-10-22 00:37 |只看該作者

Hi didima

Thanks for your sharing!

Different people may have different impressions on the same thing.

I agreed that Ms Tsang is a very good principal and she has tried her very best to maintain and build up the school's reputation. However, from my understanding, Ling Liang Church's reputation is degrading recently and there are many parents like me decided to leave the school to another kindergarten. I think that your kid's class got only 26 because of this reason. Isn't it?

I remember that when my kid was in K1, there were about 38 or 39 in his class. Then when he was in K2, some of his classmates had left but the class size was maintained almost the same as K1 because some pm students were transferred to the am session. From my understanding, some of the pm class in K2 & K3 only had 20+ students because of many drop-outs or being transferred to the am class. I haven't checked with the school on this point so I am not very sure whether it is corrent but I really heard from many pm parents.

Anyway, Ling Liang Church can still educate some good students like yours.  However, in my case, my kid is a "young-boy" as he was born in November and early birth for 7 weeks. Such a "young-boy" needs extra attention from the teachers.  Having a high teacher to student ratio is very important to this type of young kids. That's why my boy could show significant progress when he was transferred to YMCA of which individual attention could be offered to students.

For your information, K1 of YMCA is half day only. For K2 & K3, you may choose either half day or full day. Of course the fee for full day will be much higher.

Best regards

kklee

醒目開學勳章

34#
發表於 05-10-22 10:11 |只看該作者

Chole:
你住系銅鑼灣,當然選擇香港區D幼稚園,聽聞維多利亞都好好不必到九龍返學大太遠啦!   

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

35#
發表於 05-10-22 11:35 |只看該作者

kklee
以前都聽過好多關於靈糧堂既好comments, 最近, 發現有個朋友, 同你一樣又係讀完k2走左, 去左杏花村讀(唔記得校名), 奇在我朋友係住o係靈糧堂附近, 我即刻問佢點解, 佢既reason係同你一樣: 一班40人, 基本上老師睇唔晒咁多學生, 亦無時間俾到學生, 佢個仔試過好多次同老師想傾下計, 老師係答"我而家唔得閒, 遲d至同你傾啦"
佢於是決定轉走喇...而家仔仔開心好多
攪到我都唔知第二時仔仔報唔報好(純粹貪佢名氣, 考小學好似幾好咋)

36#
發表於 05-10-22 11:58 |只看該作者

Thanks! HKQQbaby

I would like to choose a kindergarten for my kids which can provide good English environment - not just writing and reading, I think speaking in English is the weakest part to HK students. I know International kindergarten can provide this environment but I also want my kids to learn Chinese. So do you think St. Catherine can encourage kids to speak English - not just to foreign teachers but also between kids?

And I like my kids to study at 活動教學, so I will choose this kind of primary school to them.

HKQQbaby 寫道:
ChunMaMa

我同事的女兒曾讀St. Catherine K1 至K3
現就讀九龍塘嘉諾撒聖家小學P2
因St. Catherine 是英文幼稚園 每班1個英文1個中文老師
英語聽 讀能力 確實高 也很喜歡閱讀
但因幼稚園屬活動教學 功課少
上了 九龍塘嘉諾撒聖家小學後
該小學是九龍塘名校 屬傳統教學 功課較多
小孩不能適應 故成績只一般

故當你為bb選幼稚園時
須考慮將來讀的小學是否適合她
ChunMaMa 寫道:

Thanks!
[/quote]

37#
發表於 05-10-22 12:06 |只看該作者

Thanks! CCheng

I agree that kids can adapt to and easily manage the primary school.

So a kindergarten which can provide happy and English environment, teachers love kids, encourage kids reading and have good quality of teaching will be my choice.

Just read from mums here, it seems that St. Catherine is a choice.

38#
發表於 05-10-22 12:27 |只看該作者

hi kklee:

i think your kid is  in am class, right?
my kid is pm class , in k1 is about 32 kid,  and in k2 and k3  only 26 kid, so  in my obervse , teacher can take care the kid
i think 40 kid  is too much in one class  too
so if i were you , i also consider to change school

didima

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

39#
發表於 05-10-22 12:48 |只看該作者

didima
My friend also highly recommend PM class to me (because of the no. of students in the class). She says PM class students are much happier due to lower teacher-student ratio.
Maybe I should think about this

40#
發表於 05-10-22 17:08 |只看該作者

didima,

Would you pls tell  me which primary school your kid is studing?  Thanks.
a :hammer: :yawn:
‹ 上一主題|下一主題