教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 St Paul's Convent Primary School
樓主: MARSHMELLOW
go

St Paul's Convent Primary School [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-5-18 16:40 |只看該作者

Re: St Paul's Convent Primary School

Hi Marshmellow,
Many thanks for your information and comments. Sometimes I think that so many people fight for St. Paul's Kindergarten and Nursury as they are confused that these two schools are related to St. Paul Co-edu. Am I right ???!!

By the way , have you received acceptance letter from SPN??? if yes, do you know what we need to do on 5/27 registration date.

22#
發表於 06-5-18 18:54 |只看該作者

都聽過有人轉去國際學校既. 除咗DGS, St Paul's Coed, Maryknoll和Marymount, 真係好似無乜聽到人轉去其他學校喎!

讀SPN或SPK好大機會直上中學喎, 實在太吸引嘞!

23#
發表於 06-5-18 21:03 |只看該作者

St Paul's Convent and ST Paul's CO-Ed are not related in anyway. I think St Paul's CoEd is a Christian school whereas St Paul's Convent is of course a Catholic school so it is very unlikely that they are related. Actually I prefer St Paul's Convent as the students there enjoy a very happy student life whereas I have heard that St Paul's Co-Ed is very competitive and the students can be very materialistic as their parents are very rich. Someone told me that her daughter who was studying at SPCoEd asked her to buy a new pair of shoes every week just like her schoolmates

24#
發表於 06-5-18 21:05 |只看該作者

lammimi: yes I have received an offer too :) I rang the school today and they told me that we do not need to bring anything on the 27th unless the letter tells you to (my letter does not ask me to bring anything). They will tell us about the school bus, uniforms, what we need to prepare etc...before school. Do you mind if I ask you where do you live and how do you intend to take your daughter to school?

25#
發表於 06-5-18 23:22 |只看該作者

Marshmellow,

I live in Tsim Sha Tsui.  For me ,there are two options : by school bus or take her by my maid .
Actually , I am quite worry to use school bus , beside the safety concern, I feel it's too curel to leave such small girl go to school alone .. any comments ??

26#
發表於 06-5-19 08:48 |只看該作者

as there is no official school bus that picks up students from Kowloon side, you will need to use the private "bo mo" mini-buses - like you, I am concerned about their safety and also, their pick-up times are very early! Do you mind if I pm you about this

27#
發表於 06-5-19 09:59 |只看該作者

If possible, the parents should take the kids back to school by their own. It is very convenient to take MTR or Bus back to Kowloon.

28#
發表於 06-5-19 12:06 |只看該作者

mama2000: thanks. May I ask you where do the buses from outside the school go to in Kowloon?

29#
發表於 06-5-19 21:06 |只看該作者

TWEETYPIE,
Yes, please PM me the details, tks!

[email protected]

30#
發表於 06-5-20 00:32 |只看該作者

Hi all moms

Can you share the chance to get a seat in St Paul Covent primary if my daughter is not studying in SPK or SPN?  Is the chance very slim?  Pls advise!

31#
發表於 06-5-20 02:39 |只看該作者

若不是SPK or SPN, 基本上St. Paul's Convent 冇對外收生的, 人人都係靠寫信去apply 和勁多人靠人事入的.  今年較利害千禧年效應就算靠人事都好微.   

32#
發表於 06-5-20 02:46 |只看該作者

St Paul's Convent is a good school. But of course, if the girl is being accepted by DGS, SPCC, MCS, most parents will let them study in these schools instead. Reason? I don't know, all depends on your likings. I don't think school fee is a problem for these parents since they are already prepared to pay this amount. I personally like an all-rounder school ie not just strong in academic result but also other activities and their communication strength. In such case, i will rank as follows:
Diocesan Girls
Maryknoll Convent
St Paul's Co-ed
St Paul's convent
St Mary Canossian
I agree with MARSHMELLOW that it is difficult to compare because they all have different pros and cons, but the first two (DGS/ MCS) are still my favourite as they excel not just in academic field but quite an all-rounder (students are SMART!)

33#
發表於 06-5-20 09:31 |只看該作者

I think everyone would put DGS because as you say the girls there are very clever and all-rounded. However, I also worry about the competitive atmosphere and the pressures upon the girls and their parents to do well in everything, their studies and their musical and sports achievements etc.. I think as a parent, we need to understand our child's strengths and weaknesses and their personal character. Not all children will be all-rounders no matter which school they go to..and personally, I dont think they have to be so long as they are happy, self-confident and healthy. Also, some children cannot cope with the competition and in fact, it has an adverse effect on them rather than make them work harder. Therefore, my "plan" is to see how many daughter gets on at SPN, if all goes well, I will let her continue to study there altho I will probably apply also to the other usuals and take it from there.

34#
發表於 06-5-20 15:12 |只看該作者

我從冇諗過或從不考慮DGS 的, 因為DGS 在kowloon side, 我考慮的因素會顧及是否在屋企附近範圍的.  

35#
發表於 06-5-20 16:33 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

36#
發表於 06-5-20 16:55 |只看該作者

你仔今年九月先搵學校,出年先讀k1,唔駛擔心,仔好少少,除左今年搵既學校外,有d名幼稚園係由k2開始的

你係度睇多d,你實知點做架啦

睇住呢個先啦
幼稚園概覽

DaddyX 寫道:
我覺得我真係一個失職Daddy,我完全冇其他人咁熟同佢plan,升學, 我個仔而家2歲一個月,我想plan佢將來入傳統名小學,我唔係要佢好top., 但好想佢有一個好的學習環境...我唔要D國際學校過D, 請救救我教我怎做?

有冇人可打電話被我指點下我,我對所有教育升班係完全唔明...

help please !!!

my email: [email protected]

37#
發表於 06-5-20 17:33 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

38#
發表於 06-5-20 19:15 |只看該作者

你一係入下chartroom啦,佢地日日都係度開家長會架

DaddyX 寫道:
Thanks Sindy !!

我識D朋友都係單身 , 冇識人有仔女的,

有冇一D 己入小學的家長gathering 我可以join 架

><"

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

39#
發表於 06-5-20 20:36 |只看該作者

DaddyX
唔好話自己失職, 我個男同事, 日日俾我地呢d專業師拉"哦"住, 都係攪唔明既
2歲一個月, 唔遲丫, 同我細仔一年, 應該黎梗暑假開始留意考k1日期, 而家搵料, 唔遲
當然, 如果想搵nursery, 而家係遲左小小, 不過k1仲有機會嘛
首先, 唸下自己target邊間中/小學, 間間學校學習模式唔同, 人人話好既學校, 未必一定係你既心頭好, 至於學校既資料, 官方既有: <中小幼概覽- click here>
唔官方既, 就要靠天書, 同靠八喇

有心儀小學, 再去八下讀邊間幼稚園最so, 有d小學(eg st paul convent, 真光等等)係包幼稚園生直升既(or幾乎全部直升), 有d小學無直屬幼稚園, 不過寧捨鍾意某d幼稚園生(例如spcc對

40#
發表於 06-5-22 17:16 |只看該作者

Marshmellow,

There is a bus stop in front of Central Library. You can take bus such as 102, 103, 106, 112 etc  back to Kowloon.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題