教育王國 討論區 嘉諾撒聖瑪利學校 派到St.Mary的家長互相交流一下吧
樓主: timaliceching
go

派到St.Mary的家長互相交流一下吧 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 07-6-22 21:36 |只看該作者

Re: 派到St.Mary的家長互相交流一下吧

jj's,

Yes, they can do their homeworks in the last sesson sometimes. Chin and English dictation every 2 weeks. Don't worry, I don't think they need to review books everyday. I guess science is the hardest subject for P1 student. As they didn't know it before.

eirene

42#
發表於 07-6-22 23:40 |只看該作者

派到St.Mary的家長互相交流一下吧

Hi eirene,

so even in upper primary like P4, homework wordload is not that heavy? I am very concern
since I know lower primary has not much homework because of active teaching but upper
primary will back to traditional teaching to prepare for secondary.  
I have one more question. Since st mary is a chinese primary school, what is your comments on the student's oral english and putonghua standard? I have no doubt on their writing skill but oral is also very important nowadays. This is important to me.
Thanks.

醒目開學勳章

43#
發表於 07-6-25 11:42 |只看該作者

My daughter is currently at P.1 and going to P.2 in Sept.

The test will be on Chinese, Maths & Eng.  According to my daughter, those were not very difficult.  It is a way for the school to identify pupils who need extra support on certain subject(s).  For example, if she needs extra support on Chinese, then she will join the "中文加一班" instead of the normal Chinese class.  As per the mum of my daughter's classmate, the special Chinese class is intensive and covers more chapters than the normal class (for the normal class, they will select several chapters to teach and of course test/exam will cover those chapters only).  The mum even requested the teacher to let her daughter to stay with the special class when she was being told that her girl could return to the normal class.  As she thought her daughter could improve her Chinese a lot faster.

So take it easy, just to let your girl shows her strength

ChloeMa
該用戶已被刪除

44#
發表於 07-6-25 19:19 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

45#
發表於 07-6-25 19:22 |只看該作者

ChloeMa,

Hi, 小女今年9 月入讀,請問普遍同學的成績是怎樣?小一的功課是否很多,據我所知,有些小學學生的各科成績都要在95分或以上才算不錯,低過90分的已經很差,班主任要打電話通知家長,給予家長很大壓力。請問St. Mary會否「谷」成績?尤其在英文科方面。謝謝。
該用戶已被刪除

46#
發表於 07-6-25 19:34 |只看該作者

醒目開學勳章

47#
發表於 07-6-25 21:42 |只看該作者

timaliceching, in my opinion, I didn't feel any pressure from school thus far.  Even when I met with her class teacher and asked whether the school is keen on extra curriculum that the girls attend, she showed very puzzled.  She said since the school has changed to full day class, the girls are tired after school.  Seemed that she doesn't agree to keep the girl too busy.  Not sure if that's the perception of my girl's class teacher only.

As other parents mentioned, St. Mary uses P.2 English book for P.1.  Well, from the very first beginning they use P.2 book, so we can't tell whether it's difficult.  They use a gradual approach ... first it covered what kids have learnt in kindergarten, name, class, numbers, colors ... until present continuous tense.   

Frankly speaking, sometimes my daughter's test result was not good but never received any call from school.

With regard to homework, it's really surprised to find that they didn't have too much homework; say 1-2 or max 6-7.

I remembered when we had the orientation conducted by Sister Wong (retired in July 06), she said "people always said St. Mary is a conventional school, you can tell it yourself when the school term starts."  After a year's time, I really feel that St. Mary is a good school which do not put too much pressure on parents.  Of course, you will still find pressure during exmination period but that's normal, you'll find that in any school, right?  If you are not aware, there're 2 exams in St. Mary.

Hope this helps!

ChloeMa

48#
發表於 07-6-25 21:49 |只看該作者

醒目開學勳章

49#
發表於 07-6-25 21:56 |只看該作者

Hello jj, the girls will stay in the classroom for 2.5-3 hrs while parents attending the orientation at the Hall.  Actually, the test will only last for an hour or so; I didn't remember what they will do next... reading books, drawing or playing some games???  But during that time, the teacher will correct the paper.  If the paper is not doing OK, the girl will be asked to bring their parents to see the teacher after the orientation (of course, in a tactful way not to hurt the kid).  For the other girls who pass the tests, teacher will give them stickers.  Therefore, if your daughter doesn't ask you to stay on after the orientation, then she passes.  Good luck!

ChloeMa   

醒目開學勳章

50#
發表於 07-6-25 22:01 |只看該作者

phyonna, the whole book list is too long, I hope you didn't ask for it .  For English, they use Longman.

1. Textbook: Longman Welcome to English 2A, 2B
2. Grammar Practice 2A, 2B (Longman)
3. Pre-Task Language Practice 2A, 2B (Longman)

51#
發表於 07-6-26 03:06 |只看該作者

hello ChloeMa,

見到Sister Wong 原來在去年己經退休,今次慘啦,我send D 叩門信全部都給她的,想請問現任校長姓名!
唔該晒你!!!

vivi

52#
發表於 07-6-26 09:12 |只看該作者

嘉諾撒聖瑪利學校署理校長
張惠儀

黃佩玲修女(校監)
該用戶已被刪除

53#
發表於 07-6-26 13:05 |只看該作者

54#
發表於 07-6-26 19:16 |只看該作者

ChloeMa

感謝你的分享

55#
發表於 07-6-26 19:21 |只看該作者

hello chu88chu88,

ths alot!

vivi :

56#
發表於 07-6-26 22:37 |只看該作者

57#
發表於 07-6-27 23:13 |只看該作者

Hi ChloeMa ,

我囡囡也是今年叩門小一, 但還未收到回音.
請問數學是教中文還是英文數書呢,可否告知那間publisher.

yymum

58#
發表於 07-6-28 01:48 |只看該作者

I am St. Mary's old girl.  I've only got 20 marks since I am not a Catholic.  Do u think my daughter could get into St. Mary's in the 1st round i.e.自行分配?

醒目開學勳章

59#
發表於 07-6-28 20:47 |只看該作者

Hello yymum, Maths is in Chinese, publisher is 新亞洲.  Other than Eng subject itself, only Science is conducted in  Eng.

Good luck!

ChloeMa

醒目開學勳章

60#
發表於 07-6-28 20:59 |只看該作者

leemeijienny, I'm not dare to say but the fact was throughout these years not all the 20 marks could get a seat.  Most probably, you could enter a draw in the 1st round.  Luck is more important than anything else!

ChloeMa

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖