用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 有冇人試過俾小朋友讀完低班就轉去國際小學讀一年班呢﹖ ...
樓主: 齊悅
go

有冇人試過俾小朋友讀完低班就轉去國際小學讀一年班呢﹖ [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 08-1-16 18:20 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

42#
發表於 08-1-16 18:22 |只看該作者
原文章由 ChiChiPaPa 於 08-1-16 17:08 發表

講左咁耐,如果K2升讀國際學校,有邊間好的國際學校介紹。

The choice of international school, in my humber view, would highly depend on where you live and how much you can afford. Then you need to decide what cirriculum you like/prefer. British, Canadian, American, IB, etc. I would also consider whether they have a secondary section.

You will note that I have put fees and geographical location before cirriculum. Unfortunately, international school education has never been and would never be something affordable to most people. And money is one big concern.

It is the general understanding that the better international schools are mostly on the Hong Kong Island. For example, GSIS, HKIS and CANIS are all good. If you are talking about Kowloon or New Territories, my choice would be AUSIS in Kowloon Tong and ESF schools. In fact, generally, all ESF schools are good choices. If you are talking about upper secondary, the Lee Po Chun World College is probably the best IB school at diploma level in Hong Kong. However, they only provide education at IBD level (equavalent to Form 6 or 7) and their reputation is so good that they have attracted a lot of top students from many other countries (Asian or western) and it is extremely difficult to get in. However, once you are there, you can almost be sure that you will have no problems in getting offers from top universities around the world.

43#
發表於 08-1-16 18:38 |只看該作者
原文章由 JennyL 於 08-1-16 18:22 發表

The choice of international school, in my humber view, would highly depend on where you live and how much you can afford. Then you need to decide what cirriculum you like/prefer. British, Canadian,  ...

本地學校開始行小班。雖然這可減輕殺校和超額教師的問題,但是好學校的學位就越來越少。一些出名的學校現在的統一派位學額已因為太多世襲位,而大幅減少。小班後,將會更少,甚至不可能入讀。

都係要考慮下國際學校,因為入讀本地的好學校都不容易。

講開學制,我知澳洲的學制是第十班就可以升讀IB文憑第一年,如果讀AUSIS,是不是可以升讀澳洲當地的IB課程?

44#
發表於 08-1-16 18:40 |只看該作者

Rich man being unwise?

wisekid,

There are really diff types of people, rich or not.  I'd never say a rich parent enrolling his kid to local school is unwise.  In fact, I know quite some of them - most of them have been educated in IS and/or overseas, mostly in high schools/colleges and universities.  Mind you that those are really top-notch ones  - those I would love my kid to go if not for the price tag.

Nonetheless, they still "prefer" a local primary school.  They do have more choices as money is not a concern.  And they do put kid's education on top of their priority list.  I'd say they have made "informed decision" instead of simply being stupid or lack of knowledge of the so-called beauty of IS, etc.

From my observation, they "choose" a route like: local primary till upper prim or lower sec; then IS in HK or overseas; then overseas universities.  In fact, it's kind of similar route they have gone thru - meaning they 'personally' know it's good or bad, ruling out the second-guessing of "they don't know".

I wouldn't be that unwise to conclude rich people "should" choose an IS (esp for primary schooling).  Most of them certainly have had a thought-thru before deciding on their kid's education path.

45#
發表於 08-1-16 18:44 |只看該作者

回覆 #26 wisekid2007 的文章

银行CEO/大学正教授=真正中產的專業人士,

他們可被炒, 失去工作.不是真正富有的人.

46#
發表於 08-1-16 18:50 |只看該作者
原文章由 ChiChiPaPa 於 08-1-16 18:38 發表

本地學校開始行小班。雖然這可減輕殺校和超額教師的問題,但是好學校的學位就越來越少。一些出名的學校現在的統一派位學額已因為太多世襲位,而大幅減少。小班後,將會更少,甚至不可能入讀。

都係要考慮下國際學校,因為入讀本地的好學校都不容易。

講開學制,我知澳洲的學制是第十班就可以升讀IB文憑第一年,如果讀AUSIS,是不是可以升讀澳洲當地的IB課程?

Basically if you are with AusIS, you are following the Australian cirriculum and you should have no problem with going to Australia to study. With this assumption, I would think that you should have no problem in going to IB school in Australia.

You can also consider some of the DSS. So far, I have heard mostly positive comments on PLK CKY and Pui Kiu. In fact, I know that many students from local elite schools have eventually chosen to go to these school instead.

47#
發表於 08-1-16 19:10 |只看該作者
原文章由 JennyL 於 08-1-16 18:50 發表

Basically if you are with AusIS, you are following the Australian cirriculum and you should have no problem with going to Australia to study. With this assumption, I would think that you should have ...

CKY是私校,不是DSS。CKY是採用IB文憑升大學,而不是本地學制。CKY的IB成績會否比國際學校好?更重要的是國際學校在升大學時給予學生的支援,CKY是否能在短期內掌握到這些支援的做法。

培橋是DSS,相信將來還是要應付本地的高中考試。在本地的考試上,是要和傳統名校作比拼的。

它們都很好,只是有些風險。

48#
發表於 08-1-16 19:37 |只看該作者
CKY是私校,不是DSS。CKY是採用IB文憑升大學,而不是本地學制。CKY的IB成績會否比國際學校好?更重要的是國際學校在升大學時給予學生的支援,CKY是否能在短期內掌握到這些支援的做法。

培橋是DSS,相信將來還是要應付本地的高中考試。在本地的考試上,是要和傳統名校作比拼的。

它們都很好,只是有些風險。

Thanks for pointing out. I have always thought that CKY is DSS.

You have also raised some very good points for consideration.

In any case, they are, still good alternatives to international schools and local elite schools.

49#
發表於 08-1-17 09:09 |只看該作者

50#
發表於 08-1-17 09:14 |只看該作者

51#
發表於 08-1-17 09:15 |只看該作者

52#
發表於 08-1-17 10:32 |只看該作者
原文章由 wisekid2007 於 08-1-17 09:09 發表
Hi papa_pop

I think you and chichipapa and some others misunderstood my postings.

I don't say that "a rich parent enrolling his kid to local school is unwise."  There are three major reasons for the ...

我相信他們不認為有 sacrify the quality of their kids' education,因為他們對 quality 的看法未必和你一樣。

可不可PM我你建議的國際學校。謝謝!

53#
發表於 08-1-17 11:11 |只看該作者

54#
發表於 08-1-17 12:15 |只看該作者
From the point of education, only those international schools or some new schools adopting the IB curriculum can provide a REAL education to the kids (i.e. whole child development with critical thinking and self-learning ability but not to be high mark low capability exam machines).

根據那些事實可下定論:
1.不採 IB curriculum 的學校便不能提供 "REAL education"  
2.非 "international schools or some new schools adopting the IB curriculum", 便一定 "to be high mark low capability exam machines"?

On the other hand, only those highly capable children would be less damaged by the poor style and approach of the local education system.  I believe that if they were educated under the IS style of education, their final achievement would be much much higher.

我認識不少讀 Local School 的孩子, 不僅應付課業游刃有餘, 還可兼顧其他嗜好及興趣, 我一樣無法也不能推論他們是否選擇讀 IS 便會 "their final achievement would be much much higher".

The only trade-off would be:
- the proficiency in Chinese literacy
- the expensive fee required and it is miserable that most of the ordinary families would not be affordable

我認為至少還會考慮
1.對自己身份及文化的認同
2.東西方價值及倫理觀的差異

[ 本文章最後由 TWMa 於 08-1-17 17:03 編輯 ]

55#
發表於 08-1-17 12:27 |只看該作者

56#
發表於 08-1-17 13:51 |只看該作者

回覆 #1 wisekid2007 的文章

港島區有什么官津小學是小朋友一樣可以讀得幾輕鬆架?

[ 本文章最後由 mattsmum 於 08-1-17 13:52 編輯 ]

57#
發表於 08-1-17 17:09 |只看該作者
原文章由 ChiChiPaPa 於 08-1-16 18:38 發表

都係要考慮下國際學校,因為入 ...

ChiChiPaPa,

這幾年來,香港之歐美人口正在下降,但看報紙,好象是說現時國際學校學位緊張,看來,越來越多本地人進入國際學校,也即是說,國際學校越來越本地化。至於為甚麼越來越多人進入國際学校呢,其中原因為二,一為學好英文,二為找不到好的本地學校,我有一同事就是因進不了SPCC又不願大抽獎而進入國際校的。但以我所見,正如papa_pop所言一樣,很多人都是小學初中本地,然後才出國,我也認同此為上策。我建議你都係以本地的直資私校為首選,等孩子讀完初中才考慮國際学校或出國留學未遲。我所持之理由有四:

1. 你以往之留言,得悉你很着重英文教育,並和eviepa等人熱切討論,但我認為,討論是多餘的(除非目的是家長教育),你等仔女的英文一定會好:父母重視,多看書,加上學校每星期大約8小時英文,不好是無可能的。所以為學英文入國際校大可不必,且此等人在國際学校是質素較低之一群。

2. 正如之前提出,我認識的就讀國際校的孩子中,無一中文過關的。

3. 你孩子就讀私小,質素如何自然知道。我想和你分享直資之情况:阿大就讀的直資,這幾年來招收多了很多教師,師資質素是越來越高,也更多元化,老師不再是以往那些大學剛畢業的又"熱切燃燒自己照亮他人"的熱血青年,而是各行各業的,有的是外國大学教緊英文的,有的做緊會計師,有的是廣告公司之高層。總之,在可見之將來,隨着直資越run越順,質素之提高是可期的。

4. 孩子能否讀成書(中小學),和父母之遺傳和財富有莫大之關係。國際学校學生英文好,很大程度在於其家庭背景。在"古怪經济学"一書中,作者收集美國一州之data作研究,發現孩子之學習,受先天性的影響很大,相反和父女母後天之努力沒太大之關係:例如,經常帶孩子到圖書館對孩子沒有大帮助,反而,家中藏書多的孩子大多表現優秀。

最後,我一直都認為好的學校是提供一種氣氛,一種文化。最近有同事想為就讀於國際學校孩子轉到傳统直資,就是認為其孩子在校之行為鬆散,沒有傳统学校學生之拚博精神。

58#
發表於 08-1-17 17:11 |只看該作者

回覆 #35 wisekid2007 的文章

WISE ....???!!??... Kid,

Kingston kinder is not a good kinder..anymore...reserve your comments to GSIS or others that you have Current Experience on.

I can make such comment because I have a child there, now.

59#
發表於 08-1-17 17:13 |只看該作者

The only trade-off would be:
- the proficiency in Chinese literacy
- the expensive fee required and it is miserable that most of the ordinary families would not be affordable  

我就覺得咁嘅trade-off極之低能(別問我低能之定義,有幾低等)?

[ 本文章最後由 judy 於 08-1-17 17:48 編輯 ]

60#
發表於 08-1-17 17:43 |只看該作者
原文章由 judy 於 08-1-17 17:13 發表

我就覺得咁嘅trade-off極之低能(別問我低能之定義,有幾低等)?

嘿! 那段什麼 trade-off 結論不是我寫的, 不要 Quote 錯!!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題