密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 插班入RC
樓主: maxwcc
go

插班入RC [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 08-5-15 12:16 |只看該作者
Anyone received email from RC that your kid has passed the assessment test and is on waiting list for interview accoridng to date of application?  Is this just a polite way of rejecting the application?

原文章由 jjd 於 08-4-29 18:59 發表
Wingba & almom,
Thanks a lot for your valuable advice.  I really like the teaching philosophy in IS and also hate the idea of a packed schedule for young children.  That's why I have always planned to ...

42#
發表於 08-5-15 18:11 |只看該作者
Don't worry, that means your kid had really passed the test.  The deadline for current students to reserve the place for 2008-09 will be June 2.  I think the school is waiting to confirm how many places will be vacant for new students.  Normally, the pass of the assessment test is valid for the whole academic year.  In the case no place is available for your kid from the start of the year, there is still a chance to give you the offer if any student quits any time within the year.

原文章由 MeiWong 於 08-5-15 12:16 發表
Anyone received email from RC that your kid has passed the assessment test and is on waiting list for interview accoridng to date of application?  Is this just a polite way of rejecting the applicatio ...

43#
發表於 08-5-23 16:32 |只看該作者

RC School Fee

Any RC parents know the primary school fee what will be for 2008-2009?  According to the Discovery College Newsletter their 2008-09 school fee will be HK$68400 with the principal of DC indicating that this will align with RC fee.

My son will be joining RC next year but we will not be returning to HK until August.  Do anybody know if the college shop will be open during during the school holiday?

Thanks a million

44#
發表於 08-5-24 16:46 |只看該作者

my girl is going to 4.5-y-o in sept

does she has change to enrol P1? Or they will not consider her age at all? thanks

45#
發表於 08-5-26 23:50 |只看該作者
原文章由 Twolovelyboys 於 08-5-23 16:32 發表
Any RC parents know the primary school fee what will be for 2008-2009?  According to the Discovery College Newsletter their 2008-09 school fee will be HK$68400 with the principal of DC indicating that ...

School fees of RC for the 2008-2009 Academic Year

Primary - HK$6,840 x 10 months
Secondary - HK$9,240 x 10 months

46#
發表於 08-5-27 20:09 |只看該作者

Hidden Fees

Thanks yeung2212

My friend, who's daughter goes to Discovery College, indicated that although the fees was HK$67000 (for the year 2007-08), there was lots of hidden charges or extra activities and that  we should add an extra HK$10000 to the final sum.  Would parents agree with this.

As we have two sons this can put a strain on our finances.  Has any parents in similiar situation consider putting siblings in different schools (i.e. one in IS and the other in Local)?

I just hope my salary goes up at the same rate as the RC school fee in the next few years and I do not have to consider this option.

47#
發表於 08-5-27 20:09 |只看該作者

Hidden Fees

Thanks yeung2212

My friend, who's daughter goes to Discovery College, indicated that although the fees was HK$67000 (for the year 2007-08), there was lots of hidden charges or extra activities and that  we should add an extra HK$10000 to the final sum.  Would parents agree with this.

As we have two sons this can put a strain on our finances.  Has any parents in similiar situation consider putting siblings in different schools (i.e. one in IS and the other in Local)?

I just hope my salary goes up at the same rate as the RC school fee in the next few years and I do not have to consider this option.

48#
發表於 08-5-28 09:46 |只看該作者
The hidden fees for primary students would probably be as follows:

School lunch : $25 x ~20 days = $500 p.m. (optional)
School bus : ~$800 p.m. (optional)
School Staionery fees : $2xx p.a.
PTA Membership fees: $200 p.a. (optional)

*RC parents pls correct me if I missed any items.

Many parents would send the kids to take Chinese (PTH) lessons.  There are also some expenses for out-of-school activities like fees for learning musical instruments, other languages or sports.  If you add up all these expenses together with the school fees, it really costs up to $10000 or more p.m.  But these fees are not charged by RC.

RC emphasizes a lot on caring for people all over the world.  The school raises funds a few times a year.  Students may make zero donations or from a few dollars up.

原文章由 Twolovelyboys 於 08-5-27 20:09 發表
Thanks yeung2212

My friend, who's daughter goes to Discovery College, indicated that although the fees was HK$67000 (for the year 2007-08), there was lots of hidden charges or extra activities and t ...

49#
發表於 08-5-28 11:48 |只看該作者
Some more.....

Chinese text books: a few hundred dollars
Secondary school text books (excluding Chinese text books): ~$1200
Primary swimming (PE): a few hundred dollars for one year, for hiring additional life guard or instructor because of safety reasons (as per parents' request)
School uniforms: ~HK$1000
Government dental care program: $50 per year (optional)
Snacks money: (optional)

In addition to Saturn's list, these are probably what I have paid so far. Parents may want to judge on your own whether the money really goes to the school. In any case, depending on the money spending habit of individual family, I agree that it is fair enough if someone says you need to spare an additional amount of HK$10000 for each child per year.

50#
發表於 08-5-31 02:19 |只看該作者
If you sum up all the expenses caused by a child, (such as hire a domestic helper, breadfast, lunch, dinner, tea, sweet, milk, clothes, medical treatment, etc), then you should prepare at least 4 million. It is what 李麗珊 said.

原文章由 almom 於 08-5-28 11:48 發表
Some more.....

Chinese text books: a few hundred dollars
Secondary school text books (excluding Chinese text books): ~$1200
Primary swimming (PE): a few hundred dollars for one year, for hiring addit ...

51#
發表於 08-5-31 18:32 |只看該作者

回覆 #2 almom 的文章

I think budget should be allowed for camp or tavel. said $8000.

I noted oversea summer camp, mostly for local school student,  is aleady $29000 for learning english for three weeks.

52#
發表於 08-6-1 15:04 |只看該作者
原文章由 Twolovelyboys 於 08-5-27 20:09 發表

Dear Twolovelyboys,

My elder son is already studying in RC.  My young one will go to kinder soon.  I'm not sure whether 弟弟 will follow哥哥's path.  If I choose RC for 弟弟,he will skip K3 and go to Grade1 after K2.  Is he still eligible to take part in Gov't's 小一派位?

Fishfishma

53#
發表於 08-6-2 17:27 |只看該作者
Thanks for all the information.

My younger son will be 2yo in September and we've been searching kindergarten in the MA On Shan area.  We've still to decide where to send him (IS or local).  As I have alway studied in the UK I am not sure of the local HK education system and therefore unable to give any comment.  Maybe some of the other parents can comment?

My ideal situation would be to send them both to IS school, if I can afford it.  My main reason for wanting this is that the short time I've worked in HK, I found that the majority of HK Univisity graduates are very bright technically but are often let down by their standard of English.  

BTW, does any parents know what kindergarten I should consider in order for him to progress to RC.

54#
發表於 08-6-7 15:04 |只看該作者
Did anyone attend written test held yesterday and have got invited for an interview?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題