樓主: jennachan
go

Anfield internation kindergarten [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 07-3-24 23:03 |只看該作者

Re: Anfield internation kindergarten

Hi Elizatyy,
sorry, no different...
from 1 yr 6 mth to 2 years old : they called play group.

from 2 yrs 3 mth to 3 years old : they can pre-programme class.

Jenna Mom

42#
發表於 07-4-3 22:14 |只看該作者

I might join their playgroup ...

43#
發表於 07-4-4 14:14 |只看該作者

elizatyy,

Hi, you would join the playgroup on Sat?  I would continue to join their program from mid april.  And I would try the 3 days prep program.

Anfield is an ideal place for playgroup.  First, I joined the playgroup on Sat for 2 terms.  My boy was shy and timid.  At that time, my boy was 18 months.  It's a start for schooling.  Then the 2-days playgroup.  He enjoyed this term so much and could perform well in the class.  Great improvement! (Since there is a report from the class teacher, you could have a very good reference.)

So I decide to join their 3 days prep program to make a better prepartation for the coming fall.  (my boy will be in K1 at another KG)

Radiomama

44#
發表於 07-4-4 22:20 |只看該作者

I will send my baby to attend the playgroup at 18 months and then send him to local nursery school when he is 2 years old.  The English activity chest seems good too.  

45#
發表於 07-4-5 16:00 |只看該作者

elizatyy,

Just half year playgroup in Anfield?  One day per week or other choice?
What's your target?  If you want to train your kid to speak Eng and adopt the social life, it's too short.  The environment in Anfield is absolutely good for english and discipline (lining up, saying prayer, washing hand etc.) training--environment including teachers, classmates, and parents.
I would choose local kg too but it's also worth to spend the time and money in Anfield to build a good foundation for kid.
OR you've already found a good nursery for your kid?  Sorry for my rude speaking.

Happy Easter Holiday.

Radiomama

46#
發表於 07-4-5 17:56 |只看該作者

I'm just afraid of not be able afford the school fees if I send my baby to pre-school or 5 days playgroup programmes.

47#
發表於 07-4-7 15:35 |只看該作者

Would u please tell me the school fee of K1 am in Anfield, thanks!

48#
發表於 07-4-7 15:37 |只看該作者

autest_baby,

For half day, the school fee is $50000/year.

Radiomama

49#
發表於 07-4-7 15:48 |只看該作者

Radiomama,

Thank's for your info., but it's too bad that the am K1 class for the coming year is full already, and i won't consider pm class as my girl need a afternoon nap.

Autest_baby

50#
發表於 07-4-18 13:36 |只看該作者

My child has started the weekday playgroup and if compared with the Sat playgroup, there are differences:
1)More foreigners e.g British, Japanese, Indian (when I join the Sat playgroup, all of them are Chinese)
2)Those children of foreigners are accompanied by their mother, while those of Chinese are accompanied by maid.
3)Some will continue to study in K1
4)Additional activities is added e.g. musical time (go to the gym room and a musical teacher is there for teaching the musical tools and let the child play the tools)
5)The classroom is really communicated in English as for Sat playgroup, the parents may communicate in Cantonese.

Moreover, I have noticed the performance of K1-K3 students; they are all in good discipline. When the bell rings, they all queue up in line in front of their teachers.

51#
發表於 07-4-19 00:28 |只看該作者

You mean that weekday playgroup is better than Sat playgroup.  The teacher is not allowed the kids to walk around the classroom?  Most of the time are sitting down to listen during the playgroup?
It sounds great.

sks 寫道:
My child has started the weekday playgroup and if compared with the Sat playgroup, there are differences:
1)More foreigners e.g British, Japanese, Indian (when I join the Sat playgroup, all of them are Chinese)
2)Those children of foreigners are accompanied by their mother, while those of Chinese are accompanied by maid.
3)Some will continue to study in K1
4)Additional activities is added e.g. musical time (go to the gym room and a musical teacher is there for teaching the musical tools and let the child play the tools)
5)The classroom is really communicated in English as for Sat playgroup, the parents may communicate in Cantonese.

Moreover, I have noticed the performance of K1-K3 students; they are all in good discipline. When the bell rings, they all queue up in line in front of their teachers.

52#
發表於 07-4-19 13:10 |只看該作者

Hi LittlePigmom,

For my own feeling, weekday playgroup seems better than Sat playgroup,

However, as you know, Anfield is IS, it is free as compared with local.

The child are requested to sit only during the circle time.

53#
發表於 07-4-19 15:16 |只看該作者

sks,  

Thanks for your info.  As my kid is very active and cannot stop to walk and play, I am just afraid that Anfield required them to sit to listen only.   My kid don't like this.
Do you know when they start the application for next term.

54#
發表於 07-4-19 16:05 |只看該作者

I intend to send my baby to Anfield's playgroup when he reaches 18 months.  Money apart, how should I determine how frequent he should attend the course?  would 3 days/week be too much for an 18-mth old??

55#
發表於 07-4-20 13:20 |只看該作者

LittlePigmom,
I don't know when they start the application for next term. You could call the general office for information.

In addition, I'm not sure if the feeling for summer term be the same as the normal school term as some of the teachers may take leave during summer break.

However, the teachers are experienced and stable in general.

AnpanBaby,
From my opinion, you could add the frequency gradually as it is enrolled termly, for example,
1st term : 1 days (you could try and observe if it is fit your requirement)  
2nd term: 3 days;  
and if your baby is big baby, you could enrol pre-K(which is 5-day course, but must enrol as early as possible, as it is really full)

56#
發表於 07-4-20 15:09 |只看該作者

Hi AnpanBaby,

You can try 2-day playgroup (i.e. 2 weekdays) if you can accompany with your baby. I agree with sks that weekday's programme is much better than weekend's. If your want 1-day programme, you can only choose the one on run on weekend.

57#
發表於 07-4-20 15:19 |只看該作者

Thanks to jclee and sks for both of your advice!!

may i ask if the involvement of the adult is great for the playgroup??  the reason that i ask is becos i need to work during the week and could only accompany my son to the playgroup on Sat.  But as it is pointed out that the weekday's programme is much better than weekend's, i would give some thought to it if the adult invovlement is quite minimal (as i will need to depend on my maid to take my son there).  

58#
發表於 07-4-20 16:20 |只看該作者

Most of them also said that weekday is better than weekend.  
Any parents can inform me whether your kids can speak English before K1 after joining the playgroup or pre-K class.

59#
發表於 07-4-20 23:15 |只看該作者

If the tuition fee is not a concern, then you can try to enroll 2day (weekdays, usually Tue & Thur) plus 1day (Sat). They will charge you the same as a 3-day programme. I also needed to work. So usually it was my maid who attended the weekday's class with my kids, and I attended the Sat one. But whenever I had holidays, I would attend the weekday's class. And you can find the differences between weekay's and weekend's.

AnpanBaby 寫道:

may i ask if the involvement of the adult is great for the playgroup??  the reason that i ask is becos i need to work during the week and could only accompany my son to the playgroup on Sat.  But as it is pointed out that the weekday's programme is much better than weekend's, i would give some thought to it if the adult invovlement is quite minimal (as i will need to depend on my maid to take my son there).  

60#
發表於 07-4-24 12:01 |只看該作者

Anfield playgroup summer uniform:
1. T-shirt, blue color
2. school bag
Sell at $30 for both.  Pls PM me if you interest.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題