61#
發表於 07-10-26 20:47 |只看該作者
Appreciated for your touching sharing.

62#
發表於 07-10-26 22:50 |只看該作者
係咪11:30果個session, 我仔話佢班房度有個喊得好棲涼

原文章由 SheungNgorNO.1 於 07-10-26 17:15 硐表
很同意 KaWo 的說法。

今早九龍某考場的班房傳來極之淒厲的哭叫聲 (我要媽媽、我要媽媽 ......),整個校園都聽到,慘在該批所有家長都被驅逐下山,無人營救,早一批等接仔的超過百多位家長就清楚聽到。
真係聞者心酸,又何必 ...

63#
發表於 07-10-27 00:16 |只看該作者
無錯 ! 係 11:30 果個 session,估計係一些面試經驗不足的超細仔。因本人於 11:50am 左右揍走了仔仔,故不知後來怎樣收科。唔知校方有無急 call 其家長接走他,還是安撫了他。

Anyway,實在很慘情 !

原文章由 gordon 於 07-10-26 10:50 PM 硐表
係咪11:30果個session, 我仔話佢班房度有個喊得好棲涼

64#
發表於 07-10-27 00:20 |只看該作者
This morning, both my son and I felt so tired and arrived
quite late at 8:55 am (the reporting time is 8:30 am!) When I arrived, the long queue was amazingly long. To my surprise, I saw some Japanese and some like westerners. And some Putongua speaking parents. This is the only interview ( I attended 4 in total) that I met such foreigner candidates and experienced such systematic crowd control!

Yes, I kept stressing to my son that the interview would only be an interesting game for good boys of 5 in HK!! Then he felt relaxed and smiled all the way long. When I fetched him after the interview, he said the whole process was very funny and exciting. Believe it or not, he claimed he had answered all the questions correct except that he could not manage to finish the drawing!! He even shared with me that he had met some classmates during the interview.

I am glad that this is the last interview for him this year. In fact, I have already felt quite fed up with this game and will only take any chance for 2nd interview as our bonus.

I felt sorry for the crying kid in the 1st batch (9 am) this morning. His parents could not calm him down and must feel very upset for this happened. During the interview, the school only addressed every kid by a number, not their names. I then sighed (I did not feel like that in the last 3 interviews!) that my son is just too young and helpless to participate in this very difficult competition.

Just sit back and relax again, this is a game only!!

原文章由 Tatama123 於 07-10-26 19:19 硐表
Hi BillieBug,
今早interview 順利嗎? 我就下午in, 今次心情最平靜, 只當去玩, 昨晚亦沒有同仔仔訓練面試, 用平心去應付, 因為實際都係陪跑!!
终於全部面試完畢,接下來又要過下一關, 好慘! ...

[ 本文章最後由 BillieBug 於 07-10-27 00:26 編輯 ]

65#
發表於 07-10-27 00:23 |只看該作者
我和仔仔登記完後,就被 prefect 哥哥帶領下自己一個人在等,然後見他兩頭望,那刻我真的不捨得放下他,放他在一個他完全陌生的地方。慶幸仔仔沒有喊,否則我便會帶他離開。

66#
發表於 07-10-27 01:09 |只看該作者
或許校方認為這是考驗人仔醒唔醒既好方法,但坦白講,對於 5 歲不夠的人子來說,實在好瘧待 !! 好瘧待 !!!

原文章由 Sue^_^ 於 07-10-27 12:23 AM 硐表
我和仔仔登記完後,就被 prefect 哥哥帶領下自己一個人在等,然後見他兩頭望,那刻我真的不捨得放下他,放他在一個他完全陌生的地方。慶幸仔仔沒有喊,否則我便會帶他離開。 ...

67#
發表於 07-10-27 14:13 |只看該作者
聽你們講關於interview的情況,對小朋友來說,真的不易應付,我個仔的適應力不高,因此我都沒有幫他報直資及私校,我只是想替他選擇一間適合他的學校,希望6年的小學生活是開心的,我和他都不用面對太大壓力,幸好心儀的學校是在區內,也因為有宗教分,被獲取的機會也很高,希望各家長不用太緊張,每一位小朋友都能入讀合適的學校。

68#
發表於 07-10-27 17:54 |只看該作者
I also found addressing little kids by numbers is rather pathetic, they are not little prisioners, they are our little darlings. Anyway, my son said he has never seen any teachers so 'fierce' before, he told me one littlle boy who tried to climb to a cupboard got told off real hard by those teachers. But he said the interview was fun even though he did not know how to answer most of the questions.

原文章由 BillieBug 於 07-10-27 00:20 硐表
This morning, both my son and I felt so tired and arrived
quite late at 8:55 am (the reporting time is 8:30 am!) When I arrived, the long queue was amazingly long. To my surprise, I saw some Japanese  ...

69#
發表於 07-10-27 18:16 |只看該作者
which school was the child crying?

70#
發表於 07-10-27 21:28 |只看該作者
但我仔仔話沒有老師問他問題,只係看完 movie 就走了。
請問有無人係 same case 呀?

But he said the interview was fun even though he did not know how to answer most of the questions.

71#
發表於 07-10-27 21:33 |只看該作者
are we talking about the same school? I mean DBS, they asked so many questions...............

原文章由 Sue^_^ 於 07-10-27 21:28 硐表
但我仔仔話沒有老師問他問題,只係看完 movie 就走了。
請問有無人係 same case 呀?

72#
發表於 07-10-27 22:26 |只看該作者
Yes DBS, i was so puzzled, no questions were asked.
Perhaps my son fool me around , or disqualified before intrview .

原文章由 gwan 於 07-10-27 21:33 硐表
are we talking about the same school? I mean DBS, they asked so many questions...............

73#
發表於 07-10-28 13:13 |只看該作者
I think your son just didn't want to tell you, my son is also like that, but after a while he would disclose little by little, I only know he said it's difficult, so I did not ask any further. I just told him as long as he has tried his best, he has scored full points from me!

原文章由 Sue^_^ 於 07-10-27 22:26 硐表
Yes DBS, i was so puzzled, no questions were asked.
Perhaps my son fool me around , or disqualified before intrview .

醒目開學勳章

74#
發表於 07-10-28 18:08 |只看該作者
既然大家都面試完,算可以鬆一口氣啦.
至於小朋友得唔得,答唔答岩問題
個人認為唔係校方主要選生結果.
所以大家都唔好太執著.只要小朋友肯參予/合作,
已經好好嫁啦,我記得當日仔仔面試完畢,
daddy提出我地一家三口去食左個豐富的午餐,
我地話比仔仔知,因為佢可以好合作,
好大方咁應付到呢d”大場面”
我地好以佢的表現為榮,
至於入唔入到圍,已經唔再重要.

希望大家都能以平常心等待結果啦!
始終>1700選300 2nd-in,唔係易事.
而總相信神會有祂的安排

75#
發表於 07-10-29 12:22 |只看該作者
原文章由 t421316 於 07-10-26 17:39 硐表
...今早九龍某考場的班房傳來極之淒厲的哭叫聲 (我要媽媽、我要媽媽 ......)(but, is it a good experience for the kid who cried? horrible episode: separation, despair. hope my kid won't experience this tom ...

我問了一個十歲的小朋友,記不記得小時是怎樣面試?
他説: 己不記得

76#
發表於 07-10-29 13:05 |只看該作者
At my school age, I learnt that early experiences can be stored sub-consciously (ie we can't recall the experiences at normal circumstances). They affect our behvariours and temper at later ages of our lifes sub-consciously. Hence, we sometimes don't know which experiences (and their details) influence which of our behaviours.

The simpliest way to illustrate this is to recall those mad killers in films. Some of those screenwriters may be based on the fancy theories that mad killers are affected by earlier tramatic experiences, without remembering those experiences (through self-defence mechanism like denial, subpression, etc.). Of course, they're extreme dramatic cases for entertaining film watchers.

And the more intensive the feelings aroused by the experiences, the easier the kid can recall the experiences later. Being unable to recall may be because the interview experience did not arouse intensive feeling, probably the kid crying to die doesn't fall into this category.

To cure the psychological trauma, some psychological schools use psycholanalytical methods, some use Rogerian, etc. To explain completely, I need to review my dust-covered old textbooks. The point is, I found these fancy theories sometimes really work, explain something, and solve something.

In short, that's why parents stress on happy school life; unhappiness reduces kids' interest to learn, and is not good to kids' healthy personality development. Last Sat, I asked my kid whether he likes the interview of this school or not. He nodded. Then I suggested we come here again to play the interview again. He said no repeatedly. Then I asked him which of the 2 schools he attended interviews he wants to go, he said the other school. The process of interview has affected the kid's interest. And I'd some idea which of the 2 schools created more happy experiences to my kid in the future 6+ years. My kid's answer is not surprising, consistent to the experiences of the crying kid, and my experiences with this school.

The above are just my immature thoughts, which are not necesarily correct, nor applicable to others' situations.

原文章由 KaWo 於 07-10-29 12:22 硐表

我問了一個十歲的小朋友,記不記得小時是怎樣面試?

[ 本文章最後由 t421316 於 07-10-29 13:34 編輯 ]

77#
發表於 07-10-29 14:17 |只看該作者
原文章由 yiyuema 於 07-10-26 09:56 硐表
Very tourching! 010 , 你實在道出我們這一代父母心聲,雖然我的小朋友現在才k2, 出年先interview, 但我都好緊張去問人, 做資料搜集, 壓力很大, 有時真的很想大喊! ...

yiyuema, same as you, I also see the information at my
son K2.  But at this year, I also very afraid.

78#
發表於 07-10-29 14:47 |只看該作者
Advice for K2 parents: according to my experiences, try to prepare children for chinese reading, english reading, simple calculation, story making, in K2. Many DSS, private schools seem to focus on these aspects.

Yes, the process is very exciting/scaring, and lasts from May - Sep (more than a year). I started searching at the beginning of K2, having started applying since K3 Sep, once found a relative satisfactory school place in coming Jan, lost the place in the following May, intensively knocking schools' doors since June, found another relative satisifactory in late Aug. The mood is like roller coaster, scaring to death. More excited than watching thriller movie, similar to playing the heartbreaking machines in  Ocean Park or Disney. I almost couldn't concentrate on work between May-Aug. I guarantee weaker mami's tears would run out during the process. My tears ran out a lot during this period (mine would last for over 3 years). And it's an in-depth lesson for life education. If you're tough enough, you'd die and be re-born, mentally.

原文章由 KaWo 於 07-10-29 14:17 硐表

yiyuema, same as you, I also see the information at my
son K2.  But at this year, I also very afraid.

[ 本文章最後由 t421316 於 07-10-29 15:59 編輯 ]

79#
發表於 07-10-29 15:01 |只看該作者
原文章由 KaWo 於 07-10-29 12:22 硐表

我問了一個十歲的小朋友,記不記得小時是怎樣面試?

Opposite to you, my kid at 11 still remember her interviews at 5 years old though at that time she seems not able to tell in details the interview questions and answers.

Personally I think that applying too many schools (some apply 8 or even over 10) is some kind of torture for a 5-year-old kid, which becomes part of their childhood memory in future.  It is really unnecessary.

醒目開學勳章

80#
發表於 07-10-29 15:38 |只看該作者
其實我自己都是由K2開始,
就替孩子留意心儀的小學.
從幾個校網的選,到選定心頭幾間.
到決定從一而終...經歷超過一年的時間.
(究竟甲校好定乙校好?
究竟選甲校會開心D定乙校成績好D?
丙校校風好似差D,千其咪一個唔好彩中奬...
跨區究竟搏唔搏好呢?...
這些我都一一感受過.)