密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 英華 vs 聖瑪加利 ?
樓主: ChapmanMa
go

英華 vs 聖瑪加利 ? [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 08-9-28 01:15 |只看該作者
要教好佢地中文, 身處係中國人社會, 成日有得聽有得講有得睇, 我自己一D都唔擔心, 所以就算SMC中文可能比外面小學弱D都唔係大問題.  反而英文, 要學得好, 光靠屋企(除非父母英文都好好)係好難做得到, 一係就出去補習, 要學得好仲可能要搵外籍老師教, 一星期要補好多堂先有成效.  其實好多名校, 佢地英文好都係學校比壓力學生, 跟唔上自己出去補到識, 學生係要加倍時間, 加倍努力先可以跟到進度.

相反我自己見囡囡係SMC係好輕鬆就學得好英文, 功課壓力唔大, 夜晚我地仲有時間可以睇下書, 我通常會同佢睇中文書, 希望可以提高番佢中文水平.

都係果句各人有各人要求, 我自己會重視質量多過數量, 我希望小朋友吸收知識唔係"硬塞", 唔係"短暫記憶", 而係係愉快過程中消化, 理解, 吸收, 然後再懂得運用.

62#
發表於 08-9-28 08:28 |只看該作者
WD40 and G-Ma,

I am very happy that we (like most of the SMC parents) share the same view.

I have compared the homework (both the load and style) of SMC to YMT Catholic - SMC has less writing and copying but is rather creative and interesting.

My boy just finished the Maths project - which was to find out animals / insects with different number of hands and feet; select the best type and create your own wish.  During the process, my boy has learnt and was directed to think about the purposes of different number of hands and feet before he chose the best type.

63#
發表於 08-9-28 23:02 |只看該作者
要做到 "愉快學習" 中的 "愉快" 是很容易.
但要同時做到 "愉快" 及 "學習" 就不是容易.
不知SMC是否做得到後者? (不是SMC做不到,是我不知)

舉一個例子,若小一至小三在是沒有默書,他們能否串到1-20的英文?

我喜歡有一個英文的環境,但不太認識這鬆散的課程.

64#
發表於 08-9-29 08:50 |只看該作者
SMC 開學至今已Dictation one time, this friday will be 2nd dictation. Each time is 20 words. (i.e. tradition, extended, wardrobe,...). Religious Study (宗教科) 需寫篇英文短文多謝God & 寫寫my hope this year.

故不清楚SMC 的可直接到 "小學一覽"內SMC 專欄內看看, 不要無憑猜測.

[ 本帖最後由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-29 08:53 編輯 ]

65#
發表於 08-9-29 09:28 |只看該作者
原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-29 08:50 發表
SMC 開學至今已Dictation one time, this friday will be 2nd dictation. Each time is 20 words. (i.e. tradition, extended, wardrobe,...). Religious Study (宗教科) 需寫篇英文短文多謝God & 寫寫my hope this  ...

已在 "小學一覽" 問了
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1668586&extra=page%3D1

No one told me the answer like yours.

我不是無憑猜測

[ 本帖最後由 kls12 於 08-9-29 09:33 編輯 ]

66#
發表於 08-9-29 09:36 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby ,

讀直資或私校其中要買的,是學生的質數,出名的學校會吸引到好的學生去讀,SMC的英文環境很好,但學生的質數如何?
有沒有默書測驗考試?
有沒有人留班?
成績表是什樣編排?

Thanks for your comment

67#
發表於 08-9-29 10:28 |只看該作者
SMC係有默書, 中文大概係兩星期一次, 英文大概一個月一次.  

1-20係唔需要默, 因為係math既運用時候已經常常要寫, 就算hundred, thousand, 呢d字佢地已經成日要寫, 又點會唔識串.  學生字唔一定要從默書去迫佢地學, 係運用過程學會更有效同入腦.  

無錯愉快係好, 但學習都好緊要.  有d家長覺得交咗個小朋友比學校(特別係名校), 就以為佢自自然然成績就會好, 其實幾好既學校, 除咗學校本身既教學方法之外, 小朋友既能力同投入感, 家長肯付出既時間同引導方法都會直接影響學生學習既成效.  所以唔同既人係同一間學校出嚟會有唔同既成績.

sm既好處係, 佢本身壓力唔大, 雖然佢既課程同外面學校一樣, 但學校唔會好"谷", 而且學校係用鼓勵方法, 所以只要學生上堂肯專心, 家長返屋企加以輔導, 大部份同學都可以好容易吸收到.  當然如果家長完全放哂手, 唔理小朋友既進度, 而小朋友本身又唔專心, 咁就梗係只有"愉快", 無"學習".

68#
發表於 08-9-29 14:08 |只看該作者
其實我想講句, p 1-3 無默書, 唔係smc, 係第二間.  其實e+好多優質私校都好少功課.像私小APS, 九龍塘小學.... , 他們學術成績都不比功課多既私小(SFA)"遜".
禮賢小學係p1-3係活動教學(愉快學習), 學生做主導, 每人中文堂要剪報, 抽學生出來做報導新聞.係 two way communication
傳統係one way 老師講完書走. 其實津校都有,但少d.  

原帖由 kls12 於 08-9-28 23:02 發表
要做到 "愉快學習" 中的 "愉快" 是很容易.

我喜歡有 ...

69#
發表於 08-9-29 14:46 |只看該作者
如果不認同學校的理念,請不要選擇那間學校了。否則,家長會經常質疑學校的教學法,對老師及學生本身也不是太好!

如果你認為默書就是教育,又或者學習必須要辛苦, 那麼,傳統教育真的很適合你!有這麼多傳統學校適合你,為什麼還要考慮其他不合乎自己理念的學校呢?其實你應該很慶幸,香港真的有很多學校適合你!

就是因為我由小到大都不喜歡默書,寫字,及做功課! 所以我才會讓女兒選擇校風較自由的學校!其實我也覺得自己很幸運,因為在這年頭能有多元化的學校讓我選擇,亦慶幸自己可以選擇付錢買到自己想要的教育!

我覺得傳統教育有很多長處,也不會質疑別人的選擇,只是各人有各人的喜好, 不能作出任何比較.

原帖由 kls12 於 08-9-28 23:02 發表
要做到 "愉快學習" 中的 "愉快" 是很容易.

我喜歡有 ...

70#
發表於 08-9-29 18:31 |只看該作者
kls12,

You are correct "出名的學校會吸引到好的學生去讀" like Cambridge, Oxford...  However, not all the applicants are fit for Cambridge, Oxford...  Those fail to get into Cambridge, Oxford have to find a school also.  Whether a school is good or not depends considerably on whether it fit your kid.

It is not easy to find you an answer on "學生的質數" as there is no generally accepted quantitative criteria to make such judgement.  Just a simple thought - parents of SMC have to pay some $30k a year.  Hence, they all would expect something from the school and also on their kids.  In this regards, the quality of the students would not be bad.

默書測驗考試 - the school told us "officially" that there would not be any formal test nor exam for P1.  However, we find there are dictation, quiz and tests during the class.  I think this is primarily for the teachers to test the standard of the students and adjust the pace accordingly.  HKQQbaby has replied to you on this already.  Starting from P2, there are 3 term exams a year.  It is not much different from traditional schools except that SMC has less writing and copying.  If you think writing and copying are the key elements for your kids to learn, SMC may not fall in your category then.

In respect of 成績表, I think it is quite similar to all schools - reflection of the exam results.

I am not sure whether you are interested in SMC or you just want to make a challenge on the teaching style of SMC.  Anyway, I am happy to share what I know and hope this would help.

原帖由 kls12 於 08-9-29 09:36 發表
HKQQbaby ,

讀直資或私校其中要買的,是學生的質數,出名的學校會吸引到好的學生去讀,SMC的英文環境很好,但學生的質數如何?
有沒有默書測驗考試?
有沒有人留班?
成績表是什樣編排?

Thanks for your comment ...

71#
發表於 08-9-29 18:40 |只看該作者
After referring to monkeydad's comment, I am sure I know what kind of school I am looking for.  That is SMC (if I am lucky).  For those parents who have different opinion, no need be so angry, as we just want to share our own opinion.  Different points of view will be supported by different persons.  Anyway, thanks all the comment.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-29 18:31 發表
kls12,

You are correct "出名的學校會吸引到好的學生去讀" like Cambridge, Oxford...  However, not all the applicants are fit for Cambridge, Oxford...  Those fail to get into Cambridge, Oxford have to f ...

72#
發表於 08-9-29 22:45 |只看該作者
原帖由 sara 於 08-9-29 14:46 發表
如果你認為默書就是教育,又或者學習必須要辛苦, 那麼,傳統教育真的很適合你!有這麼多傳統學校適合你,為什麼還要考慮其他不合乎自己理念的學校呢?其實你應該很慶幸,香港真的有很多學校適合你!

就是因為我由小到大都不喜歡默書,寫字,及做功課! 所以我才會讓女兒選擇校風較自由的學校!其實我也覺得自己很幸運,因為在這年頭能有多元化的學校讓我選擇,亦慶幸自己可以選擇付錢買到自己想要的教育!

首先,並不是每個人都會覺得默書是辛苦的,有的覺得很容易.

第二,有很多喜歡SMC的家長都說"不喜歡默書",所以給我的錯覺是沒有默書的.我覺得適當的默書是好的.

第三,我覺得SMC是成功的,最少吸引到很有質量的家長.

我有朋友的子女讀得很辛苦,我都是想了解多一點來給他們多一些選擇吧!

[ 本帖最後由 kls12 於 08-9-29 22:46 編輯 ]

73#
發表於 08-9-29 22:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-29 18:31 發表
kls12,

You are correct "出名的學校會吸引到好的學生去讀" like Cambridge, Oxford...  However, not all the applicants are fit for Cambridge, Oxford...  Those fail to get into Cambridge, Oxford have to f ...

Thanks for you share.

74#
發表於 08-9-29 22:58 |只看該作者
原帖由 catcatmom 於 08-9-29 14:08 發表
其實我想講句, p 1-3 無默書, 唔係smc, 係第二間.  其實e+好多優質私校都好少功課.像私小APS, 九龍塘小學.... , 他們學術成績都不比功課多既私小(SFA)"遜".
禮賢小學係p1-3係活動教學(愉快學習), 學生做主導, 每人中 ...

我有個同事的囝囝是讀禮賢幼稚園的,老師建議他不要讀傳統小學,讀了基督教臻美黃乾亨小學暨初中學校,這間比禮賢小學更活動吧!

75#
發表於 08-9-30 00:13 |只看該作者
禮賢小學只有幾十個位給幼稚園部, 小學一級只收8x人, 而禮幼係好多學生(130人), 小學部會選邊類型禮幼生? 假設有賢幼生係好活躍, 上堂好嘈...  最好讀國際學校.
樓主提到一所學校,唔只活仲好自由. 係一間中國式國際學校.

禮小本身p1-3 活動教學, 行了十多年,  禮賢p4就轉傳統, 活完再轉傳統, 係好work, SMC都係一樣, 兩個校長唔知係咪識既?  
禮幼唔同培正, 不會全收自己幼生, 會選番d top 既學生,佢收唔曬, 咪提議d學校比家長參考吓. 老實講小朋友係好smart & 活躍型, 只要守規則, 禮賢都自己收番.   

其實讀傳統學校, 好多時唔係小朋友讀唔到, 係大人讀唔到, 唔冼find out 個原因. 道理一字之淺.  

原帖由 kls12 於 08-9-29 22:58 發表

我有個同事的囝囝是讀禮賢幼稚園的,老師建議他不要讀傳統小學,讀了基督教臻美黃乾亨小學暨初中學校,這間比禮賢小學更活動吧!

[ 本帖最後由 catcatmom 於 08-9-30 00:32 編輯 ]

76#
發表於 08-9-30 04:45 |只看該作者
I was once fancy the beauty of happy learning and picked a happiest school for my boy in Kinders..and beleived the continue happy learning in Primary and Secondary.

Altought he has 1-2 homework a week and appeared very happy learning.  I have no problem.

The Kinder-Primary-Scondary school are joined and supposed to be through train.

During P.1 interview, the P.1 school teacher asked the English name of the kinder..(it is a long university name).  My son could not answer.

This is an example to the real world.  The beauty of happy learning is not widely recognized.  Most Primary school prefer to pick difficult Kindner starting handwriting in K.1.

This is called quality and benchmark.

I then realize what I was wanting is just a dream.  This is the standard in HK unless you can find another standard to fit your kid(study oversea??).  

Moreover, I might strip off my kid's right to learn/tolerate/suffer in school if I insist happy learning.  Study in tougher school is also part of learning and living.

I remember I have read somewhere that "If you don't boost the kid when they are young, they will eat grain in future"(in Chinese )

I still fancy happy working..but who care

I don't mean to spark off any flame here.  Parents have their perference and belief.  There is no absolute answer for what school comparing to others.  The English environment in SMC should be better than YW.

In YW, apart from ordinary English classes, two NET classes a week.  Other subjects are delivered in Chinese or Mandarin.

[ 本帖最後由 smartcar 於 08-9-30 04:55 編輯 ]

77#
發表於 08-9-30 09:36 |只看該作者
Dear smartcar,

愉快學習祇是一個口號,學校參與這個遊戲,應清楚解釋這個遊戲背後的真正理念,家長要有肯參與及肯付出的心,這個遊戲才會有滿意的成果。

小兒的學校也是一間標榜愉快學習的學校,校長清楚講解學校會較少功課、少壓力,原希望家長能每天騰出時間與孩子閱讀,多帶孩子看世界,及無時無刻教導孩子。家長應不需物色補習老師,因為最好的補習老師應該就是父母自己(當然若父母學識不足,真的幫不了)。愉快學習並不等於程度淺易,學校用的英文練習,應該與外國看儕的,孩子要成龍成鳯,主要是靠自己,要有自學的心才是最重要。

原帖由 smartcar 於 08-9-30 04:45 發表
I was once fancy the beauty of happy learning and picked a happiest school for my boy in Kinders..and beleived the continue happy learning in Primary and Secondary.

Altought he has 1-2 homework a wee ...

78#
發表於 08-9-30 09:51 |只看該作者
kls12,

對不起,我個人不喜歡默書不代表很多smc家長不喜歡!
這是我的個人問題!希望你不要以概偏全!

原帖由 kls12 於 08-9-29 22:45 發表

首先,並不是每個人都會覺得默書是辛苦的,有的覺得很容易.

第二,有很多喜歡SMC的家長都說"不喜歡默書",所以給我的錯覺是沒有默書的.我覺得適當的默書是好的.

第三,我覺得SMC是成功的,最少吸引到很有質量的家長.

79#
發表於 08-9-30 10:33 |只看該作者
好同意kyliema2006所講.  家長要有肯參與及肯付出的心,愉快學習才會有滿意的成果。

smc教學既程度係同外面一樣, 只係係過程當中, smc唔會好"谷"小朋友, 唔會比好大壓力小朋友, 抄寫功課較少, 反而寫作功課會多d (其實呢d都係練寫字既方法, 只係佢地唔係要小朋友重覆寫某d生字, 而係隨意創作) 多咗既空餘時間, 父母係應該引導佢地去睇多d課外書, 可能睇一D有教育意義既電影/電視, 吸收多d其他既知識, 咁先會達到愉快學習既理想成果.  因為學習唔應該只係有書本知識, 仲有德育, 社交, 領導才能, 組織能力, EQ, 團體精神, 助人精神等等......仲有好多好多.  所以如果家長懂得利用時間, 肯付出時間引導小朋友, 咁愉快學習先會有理想效果.

當然係傳統學校, 同樣地家長肯付出時間, 都可以達到同樣效果, 只不過係因為功課, 考試壓力大, 好多時家長同小朋友都未必有時間再去想其他, 只可以集中先攪掂學科上既野.

原帖由 kyliema2006 於 08-9-30 09:36 發表
Dear smartcar,

愉快學習祇是一個口號,學校參與這個遊戲,應清楚解釋這個遊戲背後的真正理念,家長要有肯參與及肯付出的心,這個遊戲才會有滿意的成果。

小兒的學校也是一間標榜愉快學習的學校,校長清楚講解學校會較少功課 ...

80#
發表於 08-9-30 11:03 |只看該作者
你間kinder, 我朋友個仔讀了一年, 無鞋挽屐走! 愉快教學唔係o甘既 ! 我一早收曬"風".   

原帖由 smartcar 於 08-9-30 04:45 發表

Altought he has 1-2 homework a wee ...

[ 本帖最後由 catcatmom 於 08-9-30 11:05 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題