發表於 09-9-4 17:14 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

62#
發表於 09-9-4 17:28 |只看該作者
61#

請問這是你觀測得來的結論,還是你是喇沙的家長?

63#
發表於 09-9-4 21:35 |只看該作者
An important difference between the two primary schools is the mechanism of students intake. LS students will largely be the associated kids (brothers, alumni's sons) and other lucky kids. YW students are all interviewed by the teachers and the principal. Based on the number of applicants up to 22xx, the school has an access to those kids of acceptable academic capability and above-average conduct, in addition to enthusiatic parents. YW has a higher degree of freedom to tailor its curriculum than the aided schools. The teachers can be as ambitious as they can imagine, given the quality of the new DSS students.

Here I don't imply LS students' quality is inferior. Instead, they are among the top elites given their family background (from old boys / living in POA Net 41).

To pick the right school, the parents should understand the philosophy of education in their target schools. Attend the briefing sessions, listen to the principals, see what they believe in, what their approaches are, how their ideas are executed.

[ 本帖最後由 Kanba 於 09-9-4 21:39 編輯 ]

64#
發表於 09-10-2 14:37 |只看該作者

回覆 1# Kanba 的文章

點解唔會講中學呢?
如果呢兩間小學無中學,又或者係Band 3中學,可能好多以成績為主的家長寧願揀聖方濟各都唔揀佢地。可能咋!唔好插我。

65#
發表於 09-10-2 16:17 |只看該作者

喇沙小學 vs 英華小學

I am also apply both schools.  My son attend 2 interview at YW and I got 20pts to submit the lucky draw at LS.  I just live behind YW and I got two sons.  For me both school is good school, I pefer LS because I am Catholic.  My son said he want to study at LS because LS has swimming pool.  He attend the Sunday class at my chruch weekly and alway ask me the religous question.  I wish he can admit LS which will help his religous life.  He has attend the interview at YW.  He said he can answer all the questions.  I don't know the result yet.  To my understanding, YW will inform the result at mid of Dec and just after 23/11 at LS.  I think I will choose LS if LS admit my son.  How about other catholic mother's choice?

66#
發表於 09-10-2 17:31 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

67#
發表於 09-10-2 17:55 |只看該作者

68#
發表於 09-10-2 22:49 |只看該作者
簽名被屏蔽

69#
發表於 09-10-4 19:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 kikispider 於 09-10-2 22:49 發表
YW is not so traditional when compare with LS.

Competition should exist in the famous school. You can think it positive (drive the student pay hard) or not.  I believe it should exist in LS, too. Not ...

My son also has a Church peer studing in LS..  YW boys also were buried in HW.

DSS gives YW lots of room to play..and seen talior editing syllabus for those DSS boys..commensurated to their standard.

Doubtless kids are selected in the same group with similar dynamic in learning, the pace of teaching/learning is really fast.

70#
發表於 09-10-4 20:46 |只看該作者
原帖由 VKwan 於 09-9-4 09:08 發表

首先聲明,我冇任何立場,我只係想講,每次有這些topic出現,睇睇下我就會迷失。

我唔明,點解唔係小學同小學比?唔明點解講講下就講到去中學既公開試成績。其實諗真,即使A校公開試全港之冠又點?唔代表自己個仔讀A小學讀得掂,你讀 ...

中學生同輩影響會愈來愈大, 而LS 中學有較多top students, 因為由小二至中一都收了不少頂尖外來生!

71#
發表於 09-10-5 14:43 |只看該作者
听闻现在英华小学非直资收生的那些年级学生,有很多(一些)都因为及不上要求,(可能?)上不了英华书院。而现在1,2年级,程度都相当深,绝对拍得住其他一线的小学,要继续survive都不是容易,家长学生都需要有心理准备面对。
我太太听到一位英华家长的报料后,都觉得困难程度超过预期。

原帖由 Planet 於 09-10-2 17:55 發表
唔明點解英華會適合較active學生than喇沙 ? 英華內部competition好大, 小朋友讀得唔辛苦點可以係上游呢?

[ 本帖最後由 猴子爸 於 09-10-5 14:46 編輯 ]

72#
發表於 09-10-6 13:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 猴子爸 於 09-10-5 14:43 發表
听闻现在英华小学非直资收生的那些年级学生,有很多(一些)都因为及不上要求,(可能?)上不了英华书院。而现在1,2年级,程度都相当深,绝对拍得住其他一线的小学,要继续survive都不是容易,家长学生都需要有心理准备面对。
我太太听 ...

For the Education Department primary school standard on Chinese, English, Math and General Knowledge, I am sure the school will cover them all very early.  Student manage all pass could advance to S.1 direct(Principal said).

becoz DSS is rather new in YW, I got the impression that school is testing the ability of student and would deliver more difficult materials to student, especially in English.  I have compared the examination materials with LS and YW..YW is quite challenging..for both parents and students.

73#
發表於 09-10-6 13:54 |只看該作者

74#
發表於 09-10-6 14:20 |只看該作者
wunma讲得有道理。smartcar,你觉得YW有没有办法同时提高学生的水平呢?向我太太报料的那位家长说,很多时老师都叫低分(80+/-)学生找补习老师,当然,这不是奇怪的事,因为很多其他学校学生都是这样。

原帖由 wunma 於 09-10-6 13:54 發表
我覺得一間小學的課程比人深, 對提高水準幫肋不大, 反而老師的教學方法和用的教材更緊要. 有些學校的課程教高一級半級, 水準又不見得高了, 就是這個原因.

喇沙小學不是英文小學, 數學課程也絲毫沒有教高, 但英數水 ...

75#
發表於 09-10-6 17:39 |只看該作者
I have no knoweldge on YW but know a lot of lsps and lsc boys. Some statements here is not correct:
1. Maths-lsps need to learn 1/2 P2 Maths in P1 and so on. Good one are selected for special training after school and this is why it get most ofthe prize in HK.
2. English -lsps use standard english books but they arevery demanding on readers which is 2 grade higher than other school (P2 use P4 books). They have unseen dictation in 2H of P1 while other school still need to dictation on  20 words in P4.
3. Chinese - need to start to write diary in P1 for 50 words and P2 for ~ 100 words+ unseen dicitation.
It is interesting to know that still have a lot of boys can spend 3-4 days in after school activities such as sports, musical intrument.
4. Grade - only get in top 1/3 if average marks get 90marks & 2nd 1/3 if average marks get 80 marks. In lsc, all the top one are from lsps (those scholars get 9A and 10A). Most of the outsider fail in the unseen dictation in their first month in F1.

To my understanding YW has changed to DSS and there are a lot of changesand cannot be compare with the output in the past.

It is lucky to get in either school as both school are quaity schools in HK.

原帖由 wunma 於 09-10-6 13:54 發表
我覺得一間小學的課程比人深, 對提高水準幫肋不大, 反而老師的教學方法和用的教材更緊要. 有些學校的課程教高一級半級, 水準又不見得高了, 就是這個原因.

喇沙小學不是英文小學, 數學課程也絲毫沒有教高, 但英數水 ...

[ 本帖最後由 matthewdad 於 09-10-6 17:49 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖