用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 York vs Creative Primary KG ~你地點揀呀?
樓主: LamSaSaBB
go

York vs Creative Primary KG ~你地點揀呀? [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 09-12-9 13:05 |只看該作者
Thank you ah........!! Too worry about the interview, cos my hsb not willing to choose kinder in kln tong. He always said my expectation is too high. Before I registered Yew Chung, then Anfield. He refused my choice & refund the school fee.
原帖由 LamSaSaBB 於 09-12-9 12:43 發表

Hi  little-noon
No worries! As the interview is quite relaxing and they gave me a good impression as the teacher/staff will give you a brief concept about their school when you walk from the waitin ...

62#
發表於 09-12-9 13:15 |只看該作者
原帖由 little-noon 於 09-12-9 13:05 發表
Thank you ah........!! Too worry about the interview, cos my hsb not willing to choose kinder in kln tong. He always said my expectation is too high. Before I registered Yew Chung, then Anfield. He re ...

Don't worry. The interview should be much more relaxing than other standard interviews.

63#
發表於 09-12-9 18:44 |只看該作者
原帖由 little-noon 於 09-12-9 13:05 發表
Thank you ah........!! Too worry about the interview, cos my hsb not willing to choose kinder in kln tong. He always said my expectation is too high. Before I registered Yew Chung, then Anfield. He re ...

Hi little noon,

When my little boy went for the interview... he was really tired and sleepy too, but he performed really well (in my opinion.. haha) cos the teacher who interviewed him was really nice and cheerful.

For his interview...
The teacher gave him a shape sorter (disney one) and asked him to put the shapes into the correct holes, and because it was a disney one, she asked him the name of mickey, minnie etc..... which he knows cos we watch disney channel sometimes.

Then she opened a dragon book, and asked him what animal it is at the frontpage.  Then ask him how many apples are in the book- he didn't really understand the question, so i had to guide him by saying one and point at apple, and he continued to count the apples to 5.

So i think if you little one is not sure or shy to answer any question at the interview, i think it's ok to point him/her to the right direction.

The teacher didnt ask him any colours... which is a relief as he doesnt know them yet....

Then teacher asked me and my husband (both of us are allowed into interview) how we feel about the school etc...

The whole interview was really relaxing, so i think you don't have to worry too much.  Don't give yourself or your little one too much pressure, and i think if you express how keen you are to get into their school, then it should be ok :)

Good luck!!

64#
發表於 09-12-9 23:19 |只看該作者
HI Hi Share 123,

One more question! What do u think about the big difference between St. Cat and CPSK? other than the language, homework.  Do u think any thing which St. Cat is better than CPSK?

65#
發表於 09-12-10 00:38 |只看該作者
原帖由 LamSaSaBB 於 09-12-9 23:19 發表
HI Hi Share 123,

One more question! What do u think about the big difference between St. Cat and CPSK? other than the language, homework.  Do u think any thing which St. Cat is better than CPSK?

To be frank, the only advantage is fame. If I tell other people my kid is studying at SC, everybody knows. If I tell them CPSK, I need to explain it is not the Creative Kindergartens located in many places in HK. It is the one with the primary school in Oxford Road. But if u work in educational sector, you will know CPS is a very famous school in applying child-centred and inquiry approach in teaching. CPSK is also using the same approach. For example, I will do the 超級市場大搜查 with my kid. We'll try to see what kind of things are sold in a supermarket. She'll learn something from the surroundings, not only from books or pictures. Since she's not given the answer at the beginning, she will have to investigate and find out what are in the supermarket. She enjoyed this assignment very much. Recently, in K2, she was learning different countries in the world. She was asked to check the country of origin of the rice. So, she'll have some ideas about Thailand, China, Japan, etc. Plus the following two topics about Thanksgiving and Hello to the world, she knows quite a lot of countries and the main characteristics of those countries la.

Perhaps I say too much la. This is their intellectual property...haha.

66#
發表於 09-12-10 13:50 |只看該作者
me also struggle between CPSG and SC as both seems attractive...
SC is famous.. difficult to get in
CPSG i really like the teacher and enviornment
but their primary is too expensive sure i can't afford
but SC also no guranteed primary
difficult... :(

67#
發表於 09-12-10 15:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 fatma2222 於 09-12-10 13:50 發表
me also struggle between CPSG and SC as both seems attractive...
SC is famous.. difficult to get in
CPSG i really like the teacher and enviornment
but their primary is too expensive sure i can't affo ...

其實大家唔好以為揀左間幼稚園就得,如果要考最top既私校,更重要的其實是(1)閱讀(2)獎項(3)其他課外活動.這些都不是學校提供的,家長要放好多資源同心機先會做得好.

所以,我反而覺得,揀幼稚園方面,只要是差不多級數/approach,揀邊間都ok,反而係計畫下點樣裝備個b考小學.

68#
發表於 09-12-10 15:21 |只看該作者
在閱讀同課外活動方面, CPSK會唔會有咩優勢? 佢地既語文(英和普)係咪真係好好呢?

小學既情況又係點呢?

唔該晒

69#
發表於 09-12-10 16:58 |只看該作者
BBhome,

閱讀方面,配合學校的課程,每星期有一本phonics書仔,派番黎佢已經識讀曬.中文書每個月派一本.學校無借圖書比學生帶返屋企. 其實我既意思係,家長要陪孩子去圖書館借書,或者自己買graded reader,同孩子培養閱讀的習慣,這個基本上是家裡做,學校不可能天天都可以做架.

課外活動方面,佢地會在課堂加插英詩朗誦,搵專人番黎教.剛開左幼童軍,但我地無參加.這個階段好多課外活動,都係家長安排比小朋友,唔係學校提供架.

我講果3點,係家長要自己搵時間搵resource做既野,不是學校提供的.我發現,無論去邊度參加活動,撞口撞面都係讀SC, KV, Victoria等學校.好多人放學仲忙過返學添.所以,我好相信,就算入左KV, SC等,如果什麼都不參加就想考到超級名校,其實都好困難.

CPS小學方面,佢地係教育界出名係好學校,主要是啟發學生思考,自己尋找答案,培養他們主動學習的興趣,同傳統學校灌輸知識的方式很不同,應該說是接近國際學校果套多d.

70#
發表於 09-12-10 18:05 |只看該作者
上次interview cpsk 時, 個老師話一班有30人喎, 但會有3個老師一齊上堂, ratio 係1:10.

原帖由 share123 於 09-12-8 11:07 發表

20幾人,有班主任和副班主任,一個NET和一個普通話老師.班主任和副班主任應該係長期留守.普通話老師每天大概半小時,其餘時間是NET + 本地老師一齊或者分組學習, 師生比例一定無問題. 老師會按學生的興趣回答一些較深 ...

71#
發表於 09-12-10 22:53 |只看該作者
原帖由 JackieEE 於 09-12-10 18:05 發表
上次interview cpsk 時, 個老師話一班有30人喎, 但會有3個老師一齊上堂, ratio 係1:10.

max係三十,但我兩年都係二十幾人咋。三個老師係肯定既,班主任同副班主任係香港人,會長駐班房。另一個應該係普通話or英文老師。

72#
發表於 09-12-11 00:39 |只看該作者
Hi Share123,

I have got a question for you...
I am wondering, because I cannot speak mandarin, my son does not know any mandarin at all.  He has never heard a word in mandarin, so I am wondering whether I need to get him used to mandarin before he starts k1 next year?

Or do the teachers assume that they have 'zero' background, and teach from scratch?

Thanks!!

73#
發表於 09-12-11 00:43 |只看該作者
They're so efficient, call me to hv interivew on next week. Hope everything smooth, coz my son is quite shy when facing to teacher.
Do you know after K3 will 100% to primary school?
原帖由 kenoism 於 09-12-9 18:44 發表

Hi little noon,

When my little boy went for the interview... he was really tired and sleepy too, but he performed really well (in my opinion.. haha) cos the teacher who interviewed him was really  ...

74#
發表於 09-12-11 09:08 |只看該作者
原帖由 little-noon 於 09-12-11 00:43 發表
They're so efficient, call me to hv interivew on next week. Hope everything smooth, coz my son is quite shy when facing to teacher.
Do you know after K3 will 100% to primary school?

Hi Little-noon,
Relax, as the teacher is really nice.  No worries! Don't forget to do some 'homework', get the info as much as you can from their web-site.  One more tips! Last time, my husband looked around their waiting room, actually there are so many artworks/chart etc. then I think u can talk more about this to show your observation.

Good luck!!!!  Hope our kid can become a classmate!

75#
發表於 09-12-11 09:39 |只看該作者
Dear kenoism,

K1教普通話由唱歌+做動作開始,好容易學的,放心吧.後來會開始朗誦歌詞和重點詞語.依家K2有書.

76#
發表於 09-12-11 14:59 |只看該作者
Hi Share 123,
So.. do you mean it's ok not to teach him any mandarin until he goes to school?  I mean, obviously knowing mandarin first would be an advantage so at least he can understand a little bit when he goes to school.  But only my husband speaks proper mandarin, and he for some reason, is reluctant to speak mandarin with my son... sigh......

Hi little-noon,
That's really good news!!!  Good luck for the interview!!  Yeah...go to their website and have more understanding, and if you believe in the same things the school offers, then i think it should be ok :)  Just relax and have fun at the interview.

77#
發表於 09-12-11 17:08 |只看該作者
[quote]原帖由 kenoism 於 09-12-11 14:59 發表

學校係教小朋友既地方,大家因為interview要提前練到七手八臂先甘辛苦,既然都收左,就等學校教先,你同佢溫下書咪得Lor,我一直都無同個女溫書,都一樣ok呀.佢今日對住我講,水太凍會變成冰,我問佢,如果並放入檸檬茶度溶左,檸檬茶會熱左定凍左?佢識答,仲話係K1個老師話俾佢聽既. 要小朋友主動學習,參與學習過程,印象會深刻d,所以佢依家都記得.

如果你得閑,可以買d普通話兒歌CD同佢聽/唱,聽得多自然識唱,好似我地學國語歌甘遮

78#
發表於 09-12-17 01:55 |只看該作者
My son attended the interview today, but I'm quite depress & disappointed, (I cried seriously after back to home.)coz he've just concentrate to play all the toys, insist to get more toys from other table. After he moved all and sat down, did't answer his name to teacher, refuse her eye contact even she try to lead him to answer her question & look at her, but my son just continue to play shape sorter......, so I thought he must fail this interview. Do you know how long will receive their letter after interview? Many thanks for all of you give me tips & advice. But ...........
原帖由 kenoism 於 09-12-11 14:59 發表
Hi Share 123,
So.. do you mean it's ok not to teach him any mandarin until he goes to school?  I mean, obviously knowing mandarin first would be an advantage so at least he can understand a little bit ...

[ 本帖最後由 little-noon 於 09-12-17 01:56 編輯 ]

79#
發表於 09-12-17 02:15 |只看該作者
You will receive the result tomorrow or Friday.  I went to interview on a Saturday and then I received the offer on the following Monday.  Don't worry too much, they may still give you an offer as the competition is not so high in this KG.

原帖由 little-noon 於 09-12-17 01:55 發表
My son attended the interview today, but I'm quite depress & disappointed, (I cried seriously after back to home.)coz he've just concentrate to play all the toys, insist to get more toys from other ta ...

80#
發表於 09-12-17 02:33 |只看該作者
Receive tomorrow? Why the interviewer said that thh result will sent out with in one month? If accept, they will call me or send a letter?Many thanks for your reply.
原帖由 sansan2008 於 09-12-17 02:15 發表
You will receive the result tomorrow or Friday.  I went to interview on a Saturday and then I received the offer on the following Monday.  Don't worry too much, they may still give you an offer as the ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題