DGJS 與 CKY [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 10-3-8 16:44 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

62#
發表於 10-3-8 17:04 |只看該作者
此言差矣!當你看到孩子看到自己作品刋登於那些書刋後所得到的自信,又或是看到同輩作品後所得到的鞭策及啓發後,你就不會這樣說了。

原帖由 wunma 於 10-3-8 16:44 發表

學生每件作品在家長心目中都有價值, 還有:中文硬筆書法, 毛筆書法, 英文書法, 英文草書法, 周記, journal, 常識科project, 宗教科金句創作, 德育科做好事分享, newspaper cutting, 新聞分享..................全部 ...

63#
發表於 10-3-8 17:19 |只看該作者

64#
發表於 10-3-8 22:02 |只看該作者
其實每個人對學習的價值觀都不同,CKY的學習理念是希望學生多看書和自學,刋登出來的作品都有它的學習價值,由其是遊學團各學生的感受。印成書本是方便學生可隨時隨地拿來閱讀。
小女曾入讀小一,因私人原因而離校。雖然各書刋沒有小女的作品,但她卻常常拿出來和我一起閱讀,亦非常懷念在CKY的學校生活。

65#
發表於 10-3-9 01:43 |只看該作者
_---------

[ 本帖最後由 penguin_chick 於 10-3-9 01:50 編輯 ]

66#
發表於 10-3-9 02:03 |只看該作者
My child still keeps all those books (published by the schools) she got from P1 and P2.  She said most of her classmates still keep them too.  
She also said to me, "lease don't throw them away,  I really like to flip and read them when I feel like it."

I don't know why parents are comparing CKY to DGJS.  Their teaching methods and approaches are different.   

My child wrote these repetition poems for homework by herself.  I like reading them again and again. Hope you enjoy reading them too.

(1)
A hunter caught a deer deer deer.
And wrote a letter to his dear dear dear.
To tell her he caught a deer deer deer.
So he would marry his dear dear dear.

(2)
"Brush your teeth!" I say no no NO
"Eat more fruit!" I say no no NO
"Sleep early!" I say no no NO
These good habits I must know know know

67#
發表於 10-3-9 10:04 |只看該作者
就算無自己的作品, 亦有同學仔既作品, 而且多是平時的習作, 內容很多關於學校的生活, 小朋友/家長睇起都好有共鳴.

68#
發表於 10-3-9 11:12 |只看該作者
I don't agree that the issue at stake has anything to do with 平民同貴族學校 (that is likely to draw another round of heated debate if I dare to say CKY is 貴族學校 and elite schools are 平民學校). The dispute stems from the difference in the school's learning atmosphere - whether it encourages appreciation or only competition. Well, parents' attitude certainly plays a role in shaping the child's values. Perhaps we parents need to be more appreciative of our children and others.

原帖由 wunma 於 10-3-8 17:19 發表

當你見到每本都冇自己或自己仔女作品時, 你也不會這樣說了.

始終都要家長受果套學校先做嘅, 我等平民同貴族學校的觀點角度很不同, 不過分享下亦無妨. ...

PS. wunma, I somehow agree that the school could consider other publishing options or cut down the print quantity, eg, encouraging 'returned copies'. This would be more environmentally friendly. But I guess the school has made a saving in printing 'drilling exercises'.

[ 本帖最後由 papa_pop 於 10-3-9 11:44 編輯 ]

69#
發表於 10-3-9 12:23 |只看該作者

70#
發表於 10-3-9 14:47 |只看該作者
Dear Parent,

There is no point to keep on arguing. For CKY, it is the fact it cannot provide  track record for public examination result. Regarding the expenses, CKY is still much lower than that of real IS. For language issue, Chinese (PTH) must better than IS, English is in between of IS and local school. Whether English standard is higher or lower than the traditional elite school is up to individual student. I would say CKY already done quite well. For teaching approach, I don't think it should elaborate more. For student chance to practising any kind of presentation, I feel it is fair and school already try their best. For DGJS, I have no idea so can't make any comment and may be some DGJS parent can provide the necessary information.

ps. I had two kids studying in CKY,  you may think I am biased, but that's my feeling and hope it can help those parent who are interested in CKY.

71#
發表於 10-3-9 14:59 |只看該作者

回覆 30# WYmom 的文章

Dear WYmom,

Currently,
For Pri. school fee is 55,000 pa.
For Sec. school fee is 73,480 pa.

No one can say how much it may increase but I do feel the coming academic year they will raise it.

I do think no matter is pri. or sec., per child adding up the school bus, lunch, some ECA, it may cost you $2-3K pm depending on your location and selection. Hope it helps.

72#
發表於 10-3-9 22:13 |只看該作者

回覆 12# Blessings 的文章

dgjs 和 cky???
我會選 cky!!!
dgjs 自己介紹自己, 都只強調力爭卓越, 成功. 當然, 喜歡成功的小朋友便ok. 但會有很大壓力, 跟不上的, 便會被忽略了. 很多學生都給人競爭性很強的感覺.
Cky 著重語文能力, 效果很好, 能培養學生的閱讀興趣和以做project的方法去教學, 其實這兩點興SPCC一樣. 我很喜歡.

73#
發表於 10-3-10 09:33 |只看該作者
為何認為在分享的家長們是吹噓學校的學術水平呢?
是你個人一貫思維或是一貫行為?
在朋輩間,小朋友在不同學校就讀,大家分享學校的教學,有好的有不好的.
總結一下大家對教育的期望.
按你所說,那香港只應有一間DGS,其他的都是次貨,不應再有創新.那由第一天開始就應該只有MSOS, Steve Jobs所做是多餘的?
我們看事物是那麼膚淺嗎?

原帖由 edexp 於 10-3-8 10:55 發表
聽聞很多學生都要補習http://das.baby-kingdom.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=37&bannerid=117&cb=11224484&n=a136fd24

難度CKY啲學生沒有補習http://das.baby-kingdom.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zoneid=37&bann ...

[ 本帖最後由 lui 於 10-3-10 14:02 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題