搜索
教育王國 討論區 課外活動 3歲小朋友應該參加乜野課外活動好??
樓主: francischoi82
go

3歲小朋友應該參加乜野課外活動好?? [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 10-5-19 15:26 |只看該作者
hi, ohmygosh
my girl is only 2yr & 9 months, is it better to start with TL's Music Toddlers? or just jump to MW?
she has been learning Orff Music for almost 6 months. continue the Orff Music or join TL and Yip's? pls comment

62#
發表於 10-5-19 17:44 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

63#
發表於 10-5-19 18:21 |只看該作者
I should say $16K for 18 private and 18 group lessons in 18 weeks for piano, violin, viola or cello.
No, not 2.5 yrs old but 3.5 if the kid is capable after assessed by the teacher.  
I don't think I can afford the instrumental classes but consider its Prelude ECE classes for younger children.
原帖由 wootaitai 於 19-5-2010 14:55 發表
$16k for 18 lessons in piano - this is KinderU?

2.5 yr old girls can start violin ga lar... a bit too young for piano I think

64#
發表於 10-5-19 18:23 |只看該作者
Can you share any comments about Orff Music?
原帖由 fifi8844 於 19-5-2010 15:26 發表
hi, ohmygosh
my girl is only 2yr & 9 months, is it better to start with TL's Music Toddlers? or just jump to MW?
she has been learning Orff Music for almost 6 months. continue the Orff Music or join  ...

65#
發表於 10-5-19 22:44 |只看該作者
the suzuki music my son went to is different from Kinder U.  He is going to HK Suzuki Talent Education Center.  They have schools in Prince Edward and Tai Wai.  I can't remember exactly how much I paid, but i think is roughly $200/lesson.  The director there is quite organized and does have a passion for music.  He teaches in English and there is about 10 couples.  My son hasn't started real piano yet, I think later they will start individual class, but he does learn to bow before he sits on the piano and is learning how to use his fingers, not only on the piano but ring bells, nose, tummy...etc.  We have home work each week, very easy just a list of task and you are just suppose to tick each day if you have reviewed the task.  He is now 3, but I think he is actually learning something rather than music playgroup.  I had been to Orff too, which I think is fun, playgroup style which exposes the kids to songs, instruments such as drums and other percussion instruments.  I also visited the Suzuki in Wanchai which is only for Violin.  I think they are too expensive though!
原帖由 ILBC 於 10-5-19 18:23 發表
Can you share any comments about Orff Music?

66#
發表於 10-5-19 22:57 |只看該作者
Hi, Ohmygosh,
Actually I was living at Po Lam be and now moving to the Lohas Park.. my girl is also going to Po Lam (greenville) for N Class... actually, I get the seat from both GH and KV, but I am consider to be stay at greenville too due to I like their complex educational system and they can offer whole day school for my girl. By consider to be going to KV, I will then need to found some good english + mandarin courses for my girl then... am still can't making my final decision upto this moment... Ai.....
Anyway, why you have blacklisted Gracful hands, I did joint their easter playgroup which seems to be ok and I will also joint part of their summer course too.
In terms of Shine Kids Studio, do you means the one at La Cite noble (the small shop near enopi) ?? that shop seems to be so small by compare of explorer island...Any other good recommdation of english course at TKO area ?
besides, did you know A+ at Po Lam,I do call them today by checking their summer course schedule.. but the attitude of the receptionist was pretty bad...  so I might not consider this shop too.

原帖由 ohmygosh 於 10-5-19 01:21 發表
I've blacklisted 'Graceful Hands' after hearing quite much...about it from other BK moms.

Do you live near Po Lam? We live at Hang Hau. I am quite interested in the Trinity and Cambridge English cour ...

[ 本帖最後由 maewmaew 於 10-5-19 23:17 編輯 ]

67#
發表於 10-5-19 23:00 |只看該作者
Hi, ohmygosh,

My boy is now 3.5 years old.  He has been attending Yips' music class for almost half year and he enjoys the class very much.  Now, he wants me to let him learning piano. I just wonder where I should send me to.  Tom Lee, parsons, or Greenery music, which one is better for a young kid to start?

BTW, do u know about this music school?

http://www.hkppea.com/

68#
發表於 10-5-19 23:08 |只看該作者
just found my receipts $6480 for 24 lessons, but have 15% discount for some reason.

69#
發表於 10-5-20 00:36 |只看該作者
dch_07 ,

Thanks for your sharing. But the transition from playing by ear to reading the dots on the page can be quite a headache. And learning to read the score itself doesn't exploit the child's listening skills and music appreciation. On the contrary, it can even enhance those skills and improve the child's self-confidence! That's all from my teaching experience - there're so many real cases in my studio.

原帖由 dch_07 於 10-5-19 14:04 發表
Hi ILBC, sorry if I had intruded, but I just want to share.  I do have piano training (all the way), my son is now taking Suzuki at Prince Edward.  I realize they learn more to play by the ear, and pe ...

70#
發表於 10-5-20 00:39 |只看該作者
Concerning ear training and music appreciation, the Yamaha Music Education System is very highly recommended, too.

原帖由 ILBC 於 10-5-19 14:27 發表
Thanks for your sharing!
I learnt one parent here saying it's good so I just wanna know more about it.  I'm checking the KinderU Suzuki centre in Wan Chai.  Don't know if they're the same?
The piano c ...

71#
發表於 10-5-20 01:08 |只看該作者
Thanks for your comments, dch_07 and ohmygosh!
I think I may let her enjoy some other cheaper music and movement classes at this stage (as she's just 2), then join Tom Lee's MW/Yip's when she's 3.
Does it sound more rational?

72#
發表於 10-5-20 01:19 |只看該作者
其實我當初係見好多bk媽咪討論邊種phonics好﹐看了許多留言﹐最後自己便相信Hooked On Phonics應該很不錯﹐是上上之選。見新都城Parsons有﹐報名也沒怎麼理會價錢﹐但後來計下條數﹐tuition+materials每堂要成三百蚊﹐好似貴左d﹐有想過轉學其他phonics。但因為不想個小朋友從頭學過(問過其他centres話要)﹐而且我個仔真係學得好好又開心﹐記得'sai' 所有教過的 letter sounds﹐仲識得運用於日常生活﹐老師(男性﹐美國白人)也很好﹐富經驗﹐教學又有系統﹐所以我都決定讓他繼續學下去﹐除非有日我捱不住啦。

不過我覺得學呢d課程﹐其實都真係未必需要學得0甘貴。

等我有機會都去explorer island 度望下先。

原帖由 candykiki123 於 10-5-19 15:10 發表
佢地(explorer Island) 既 phonics 係用Letterland 既教材(我prefer letterland 既教學多d ) 星期一至五 $160一堂, 而星期六,日就 $180, 佢有補堂, 補堂可以單對單教, 教既過程係睇左 (當日要教既字母) Letterland  ...

73#
發表於 10-5-20 11:22 |只看該作者
My son learnt Kindermusik, The Music Class, Handbell and Orff Music before 3. Don't bother changing if you think your child's still learning something from the current playgroup. You can go straight into MW later (at 3y2m). Music Toddlers is not in the Yamaha Music Education System - just a music playgroup created by Tom Lee themselves. However, if you prefer small class size, more interaction with the other coursemates, want the child to attend the class independently, or our child can hardly be settled on a piano stool, MW would not be your cup of tea.

原帖由 fifi8844 於 10-5-19 15:26 發表
hi, ohmygosh
she has been learning Orff Music for almost 6 months. continue the Orff Music or join  ...

74#
發表於 10-5-20 11:24 |只看該作者
And you may enroll your girl with Yip's at 3 years.

原帖由 fifi8844 於 10-5-19 15:26 發表
hi, ohmygosh

75#
發表於 10-5-20 11:30 |只看該作者
KV, GH or Greenville?... hmm... how about your target primary school? That might give you the direction, I suppose.

Never tried Shine Kids Studio. I don't mind if it's small - more concerned of its course content. Hope some parents can share at here.

原帖由 maewmaew 於 10-5-19 22:57 發表
Hi, Ohmygosh,
Actually I was living at Po Lam be and now moving to the Lohas Park.. my girl is also going to Po Lam (greenville) for N Class... actually, I get the seat from both GH and KV, but I am c ...

76#
發表於 10-5-20 11:41 |只看該作者
Better start individual instrumental tuitions at 4.5-5. Don't rush it. My humble opinion and from my real teaching experience: at 3-5, let your child grow up in some quality music classes, sing in a choral group/choir, take him to concerts and variety shows weekly/fortnightly, foster his positive attitudes towards learning anything, sense of responsibility and discipline!

Regarding individual tuitions, the background, qualification, experience and personality of that particular teacher is much more essential than which particular studio/shop it is.

原帖由 lingling06 於 10-5-19 23:00 發表
Hi, ohmygosh,

My boy is now 3.5 years old.  He has been attending Yips' music class for almost half year and he enjoys the class very much.  Now, he wants me to let him learning piano. I just wonder ...

77#
發表於 10-5-20 11:44 |只看該作者
Yes! I support that!

原帖由 ILBC 於 10-5-20 01:08 發表
Thanks for your comments, dch_07 and ohmygosh!
I think I may let her enjoy some other cheaper music and movement classes at this stage (as she's just 2), then join Tom Lee's MW/Yip's when she's 3.
Doe ...

78#
發表於 10-5-20 17:16 |只看該作者
yeah!  I think the teacher is very crucial.  that is why recommendations are always good.  Choir any good, what does one expects to get out by joining choir?  (my son wants me to put this giggling face here!)
原帖由 ohmygosh 於 10-5-20 11:41 發表
Better start individual instrumental tuitions at 4.5-5. Don't rush it. My humble opinion and from my real teaching experience: at 3-5, let your child grow up in some quality music classes, sing in a c ...

79#
發表於 10-5-20 21:42 |只看該作者
Hi, Ohmygosh,

Parson at 新都城學Hooked on Phonics, 係咪即係柏斯? 乜柏斯唔係淨係學Music and Ballet嘅咩??
Besides, I still can't make my mind... I like Greenville 的全面but regret GV is only wellknown at TKO, in terms of the brand, they can't compare of Kentville and GHS.. GHS is really attractive by they can provid me a back up..
Under the high competition, shall I really take GHS and give up KV ?!!

原帖由 ohmygosh 於 10-5-20 01:19 發表
其實我當初係見好多bk媽咪討論邊種phonics好﹐看了許多留言﹐最後自己便相信Hooked On Phonics應該很不錯﹐是上上之選。見新都城Parsons有﹐報名也沒怎麼理會價錢﹐但後來計下條數﹐tuition+materials每堂要成三百蚊﹐好似貴左d﹐有 ...

80#
發表於 10-5-20 21:59 |只看該作者
http://www.polyedhk.com/default.asp

Parsons 是其中一個Hooked On Phonics 課程的課堂地點。

我已決定一定只會讓我的孩子讀港島東區的基督教津校﹐所以已沒有選擇九龍塘/將軍澳區幼稚園的煩惱了﹐只是讓孩子唸近家的基督教並課程也不錯的學校。寧願多給他參加課外活動。

原帖由 maewmaew 於 10-5-20 21:42 發表
Hi, Ohmygosh,

Parson at 新都城學Hooked on Phonics, 係咪即係柏斯? 乜柏斯唔係淨係學Music and Ballet嘅咩??
Besides, I still can't make my mind... I like Greenville 的全面but regret GV is only wellknown  ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題