用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Which Int. School is better?
樓主: ukodelechan
go

Which Int. School is better? [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 10-6-8 11:50 |只看該作者
jedi,

I guess you should not mislead other people. Yes. There are lots of rankings done scientifically elsewhere. Those rankings provide details of how they rank a school. And yet those rankings are all different.

Further, there is as yet no scientific ranking list of international schools in Hong Kong, except those compiled by individuals. I would say such so called rankings are quite meaningless, since they only show individual preferences.

PS. May be you should listen to the wise woman at home and stop being so silly.

[ 本帖最後由 nintendo 於 10-6-8 11:54 編輯 ]

62#
發表於 10-6-8 11:58 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

63#
發表於 10-6-8 12:03 |只看該作者

64#
發表於 10-6-8 12:04 |只看該作者

65#
發表於 10-6-8 12:15 |只看該作者
[quote]I have read a detailed report conducted by a respective body about the comparision between A-level and IBD.{/quote]

You mean the report ordered to be compiled by the senior management of GSIS a few years ago?  Good heaven. You are so funny.

66#
發表於 10-6-8 12:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 jediknight 於 10-6-8 12:04 發表
I really have to go now and I will later come back to rebut your silly arguments.

May the force be with you.
Do what ever you want.
No further interests in reading your messages.

67#
發表於 10-6-8 12:26 |只看該作者
League table are useful if based on factual findings such as GCSE & A-level results rather than impressions & heresay.
But foreign parents are just as keen as local ones to compare schools!

[/quote]

[ 本帖最後由 mow-mow 於 10-6-8 12:30 編輯 ]

68#
發表於 10-6-8 15:16 |只看該作者

69#
發表於 10-6-8 15:23 |只看該作者
The reasons why IBD students can't take more than 2 science/ humanity subjects are that IBO wants them to keep a balanced and broad course selection and it is hard for one to take three science subjects in IBD because of the difficulty of IBD studies. (It is NOT GCE A level) You mentioned that "some curriculum of some univeristies would not accept to have only 2 science subjects.". Can you cite us some examples? Like what universities only accept students who take three science subjects? In US, UK, Canada, HK or other countries? Since amongst the universities that I know, there is no limitation of subject choice for IBD students(sometimes they do for GCE A level students). They only require IBD students to get a certain score(e.g. 38/45) as the basic entry requirement. Universities look at IBD as a curriculum that can only be completed by a broad and balanced selection in subject choice, not specific studies in a certain field/area like GCE A level.

And how am my knowledge in IBD 'so limited'? This is pretty interesting as we don't really know each other, how could you possibly know how much I know about IBD? Where did you read that 'detailed report'? And by what 'respective body'? And what do you get from that report makes you think that my comparison between difficulty of IBD and other curriculums is doubtful? If you have the link of that 'detailed report by some respective body', please do post it here. It could be a very good source for parents' reference.

I do agree that GCSE and GCE A level are flexible but if the school doesn't allow students making a free choice in subject selections or taking more than a certain number of subjects, what can students/parents do about it? Honestly, most of the schools don't allow the above conditions. It IS the school's problem but at the same time, it IS reality. You can complain about how the school is being ridiculous not letting students do that but if the school doesn't allow, you just can't do it, no matter how nice and flexible GCSE/GCE A level may sound. Say like your son wants to do the exact same thing but the school doesn't allow him. What could you do about it? You can't drop him out of the school but to follow the policies!

And actually, I think we are digressing from the topic. It was first 'Which intl' school is better?", then it's about GSIS adapting IBD, now its the comparison between GCE A level and IBD, and even GCSEs. I really think we are going a bit too far.

原帖由 jediknight 於 10-6-8 11:58 發表
From your previous postings, I have already pointed out a number of factual mistakes given by you. It seems that you in fact do not have much knowledge about education.

In my opinion, the two year po ...

70#
發表於 10-6-8 15:25 |只看該作者

71#
發表於 10-6-8 15:35 |只看該作者
Seems that my guess is correct - you are relying on that infamous GSIS's report (lucky that the majority of the GSIS's parents were not dummies and voted for IB instead).

As your son wants to be a doctor one day, here is some info for your.  You DON'T need 3 science subjects to do medicine in the UK.  See that?

[ 本帖最後由 delusionist 於 10-6-8 15:36 編輯 ]

72#
發表於 10-6-8 15:42 |只看該作者
Please open and view the attached image file in a separate tab/windows.

73#
發表於 10-6-8 15:55 |只看該作者

74#
發表於 10-6-8 16:50 |只看該作者

75#
發表於 10-6-8 17:05 |只看該作者

76#
發表於 10-6-8 17:06 |只看該作者

77#
發表於 10-6-8 17:13 |只看該作者

78#
發表於 10-6-8 17:23 |只看該作者
As you have turned off the NIS (naive, ignorant and stupid) mode, I shall entertain your questions.

Even though it may be, I still have doubt as my most preferrable universities do not exactly provide a possible view but just ask you to contact the university. So far I feel that they don't share the same view on IBD results.

Oxbridge never make it clear to the public what they want. It has been their way of doing things since the beginning of the universe. Their official reply to UCAS always is: Each application will be assessed separately.  It's doesn't matter whether it is IBDP or AL, they won't tell you how many As in AL they want.  One thing is clear, they do not require 3 sciences in IB. Never.

By the way, please note that you are only true that the average GSIS' parents voted for IB but I can say that those are really dummies.

I know you will say this. You are you. You'll never learn or change.  If someone take a different view, it's only because they are dummies.

Do you know the distribution of votes among the parents on the IB issue? Do you know the majority of votes from the teachers and top management?

Of course I know. I also know that the school, the teachers and the secondary school parents have a vested interest in AL.  Do you know that some of the teachers will have to have at much as 120 hours of retraining to properly call themselves IB teachers?  Do you know how much the school will have to invest in the teachers and the new curricula?  Believe it or not, finance is a big concern.

On the other hand, I really want to confirm whether the fact sheet provided by Delusionist is specifically for applying medical schools in UK.

The answer is yes.  One qualification: it is for the year of 2008.  The relevant figures for 2009 will be released in Aug or Sept.

79#
發表於 10-6-8 17:28 |只看該作者

80#
發表於 10-6-8 18:06 |只看該作者
原帖由 jediknight 於 10-6-8 17:05 發表
There is no so called really scientifically ranking in the world. Don't be fooled and believe in those findings without question!

Hello? Anybody home?
You are losing all the logic.
I am so disappointed. You cannot even understand what I was trying to say.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題