搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 YORK見親都收?
樓主: Wingmum
go

YORK見親都收? [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 05-10-22 00:28 |只看該作者

Re: YORK見親都收?

what is your definition of tier 1 schools?

62#
發表於 05-10-22 13:15 |只看該作者

yoko1 寫道:
Alanhoky .kachunma
因我支出有限,所以不想浪費金錢....給留名費..........
如果到最後啟思/york都收我個仔的話.我都是選........
york  
我想有人支持我姐........
因我姑奶話啟思好.  攪到我心大心細

咁我一定支持妳.

妳个Kid係咪大仔大女呀?
佢地January有 Pre-Nursery class比大仔/女讀.
有机會咪比仔女試半年lu!
我个女last year  讀, 共15 students, 14 个 留低York 升K1, 1个聽講吾啱taste, 轉左去Kent!

Kent 又吾收我个女, 無得諗轉吾轉!

Alan

63#
發表於 05-10-22 15:15 |只看該作者

我個仔8月出世,我昨晚我mame說:佢的朋友說york間非常
差....我本打算今日去報啟思,但今早我老公話:個仔york已收,可需再去啟思見,好不好是小朋友的資質   
所以我打消念頭........

64#
發表於 05-10-22 15:22 |只看該作者

Alanhoky:
你個女返學情況如何.可否說說.......
學校老師對小孩太度如何.......

65#
發表於 05-10-23 10:47 |只看該作者

yoko1 寫道:
我個仔8月出世,我昨晚我mame說:佢的朋友說york間非常
差....我本打算今日去報啟思,但今早我老公話:個仔york已收,可需再去啟思見,好不好是小朋友的資質   
所以我打消念頭........

Sorry, no Chinese input at hime.

I aware that many people 'bad-mouth' York.  At the beginning, I also by myself have not much confidence on them.  

But due to limitation of choice (Rosaline was only admitted by YMCA Int'l & York), we sent Rosaline to York's Pre-N last year to have a trial.  The result was upto my satisfaction, thus we decide to remain my daughter there for another 3 years.

Your kid is a small one, that means that he/she can't go to their Pre-N.  

I have to say that the standard of York is relatively high, though they never pressurize your kid, if you want your kid to follow their standard closely, I believe you have to send your kid to some Pre-N courses/playgroups.  

I believe your husband's thinking is wrong.  It is not the 'talent' of your kid that make the differences.  It is the parent's input that make your kid better than the others.  

I found the famous schools never focus on your kid, they focus on the parents.  During the interviews, they have tests to check if the parents can assist in devloping the kids.  

With your husband's thinking (he is not wrong,  but does not fit requirements!) your family will be under high pressure should you kid be admitted to some tier 1 kidergardents such as Kent & SC etc.  

Last year, when I found all the other 4 schools wwhich included Ken/SC/SRK/SPK did not accept Rosaline, I was very frustrated.  Now, what I am in mind is that 'we're lucky!'  Because I depend much on the kindergarten to develop my kid but these schools, in turn, don't want us to relie on them!

York is different.  The parents' meeting yesterday reinforce my thinking.  

They have a set of programs to develop/equip your kids for the primary studies.  If you have no idea regarding how to do so, follow their program, sit back & relax.  

The most common 'bad mouth' regarding York is their 'cost items'.  But these 'cost items' are part of their programs.  These 'cost items' are to replace the extra-curriculum activities (eca) that parents usually subscribe for their kids.  If you have no idea what kind of (eca) for your kids, then follow them.  Rosaline is used to have daily (eca).  She is going to abandon some and to take the (eca) offered by the school now.  

Finally,if SC/Kent admit your kid and you do know how to do so, then these schools are good choice also, because the other parents will admire you/your kids which make you happy!  If not, let York do the rest.  

No matter what your kid will do next year, hope he/she can have a happy child-hood.

But remember to input much more in developing your kids for his/her future.

Alan

66#
發表於 05-10-23 22:02 |只看該作者

林嬌嬌,
我諗你誤會我意思....我只以家長/前幼師身份告訴各位,有d家長以為小朋友叻或考到名小學係因為學校(不只說york),年頭出世....這是錯誤觀念......home schooling意思並不只是書本上的...如:秋天topic會帶bb去行山感受天氣轉

67#
發表於 05-10-23 22:53 |只看該作者

thanks! but comparing York and SN, will SN also ask parents to issue cheque to xxx company ? as i know though they are sister school, the admin is different.

Saw your ranking, Victoria is higher than SN, but someone said Victoria is happy school, and the overall program will not be so difficult, so i am concern it can well be connected to primary school, especially if applying the private /DSS primary schools, will those school prefer SN students or Victoria students?

68#
發表於 05-10-23 23:02 |只看該作者

monmantong,
SN不太清楚~~只知行政上york係AB合伙,A管....SN係AB合伙B管...Stafford係AC合伙,請人管....AB早已好分歧下.....阿A比較緊張新發展...(唔知係明唔明)...之前俾B知道阿A

69#
發表於 05-10-23 23:41 |只看該作者

Thanks again, as feel a bit confused but understand you cannot state too clearly in the web.
However, don't understand "rank Victoria>SN因為該媽咪以升小為目標..  do you have any comment abt Victoria?

Re SN- "早2日聯絡過舊同事,佢意見係SN今時唔同往日", please explain, for partents' point of view, can it achieve my following needs

1/ high English level
2/ Good teachers and clear directions
3/ good reputation for entering private, or DSS primary schools
4/active approach for students.
5/can lead students to be interested in studies without too hard pushing.

re your target, is SH = s.heart ?

70#
發表於 05-10-24 00:18 |只看該作者

monmantong,
Victoria比SN出名,考私校較有利...而victoria私小亦比york primary好好多...所以victoria>SN,但考私小都好講bb本質架下

其實SN內部真係唔熟,以前SN D homework大部份同york一齊印,有以下comments:
1/ high English level-yes,但都好睇家長幫唔幫到.
2/ Good teachers-I dont know
and clear directions-yes
3/ good reputation for entering private, or DSS -primary schools-都係

71#
發表於 05-10-24 00:32 |只看該作者

Hi,

York 不是見親都收,我侄子不收他在1998那年。

祝妳們能入到心儀的幼稚園。Good Lucky.

72#
發表於 05-10-24 09:39 |只看該作者

5354 寫道:

Alanhoky
你bb join咩activity?? 有無join體操??我friend話好正~~小小小年紀直係打到前手翻...好想睇~~

Rosaline is used to have the follwoing activities:-
1. KUMON for weekly 3 days
2. Ballet weekly 1 day
3. Bear Choir weekly 1 day
4. Phonics weekly 1 day
5. Drawing weekly 1 day
6. Cooking weekly 1 days
7. Piano weekly 1 day
We doubt it is too busy for her.  Thus, she has recently cut drawing and then shift to York's drawing class.  I find the drawing class is better than our existing one.  Her mami wants her to cut phonics & cooking also.  We are also considering to cut the piano class and join York's music class.  What's your opinion? We prefer Ballet to Gym that's why we have no intention to join York's Gym.  

Let's adopt an open mind and continue to talk.  Others' input can help us to refine our thinking.  What we have in mind is the same i.e give our children the best under the restricted environment & limited resources.

By the way, do you mean s. heart as Sacred Heart?  The one in Robinson Road?  If yes, I don't prefer it.  We also took an application form last year but finally abandon it because of its bad environment and inconvenient transportation.  Besides, I aware that the am/pm sections of their primary school are under seperate administration.  The AM section is known far more better than the PM section.  

Alan

73#
發表於 05-10-24 10:12 |只看該作者

but SN primary school is no longer running...
anyway, let's see which kindergarten will accept him finally..

BTW, if you mean SC= ST.Cat or ST.Claire, as i saw most of your target kindergartens are in HK side.

When selecting Kindergartens, actually most of the partens ( including me ), will only focus:

1/any native speakers teaching English
2/any Mandarian courses?
3/ many homeworks?
4/ is it using active approach?...

but of course we don't know what is the actual inside the schools, unless we know the teachers working there..  so have headache on this.

74#
發表於 05-10-24 10:17 |只看該作者

BMW 寫道:
5354、
講得好!!!!
話時話,我都未収到York Interview既Letter!!
真係...会吾会収O西大仔,有位先再収細仔??

你好呀....記唔記得我呀?你囡囡仲有無讀PG?你仲有報邊間幼稚園呀?

75#
發表於 05-10-24 10:38 |只看該作者

Hi 5354,

如果我心儀的小學是聖方濟各 & 九龍塘宣道 等學校,這些學校往年多接收 SJC 的學生嗎?你知 SJC 的學生英文水平如何呢?SJC 質素跟 St.Cat & Kent. 比相差遠嗎?我心儀全日幼稚園所以選SJC & Staffard 等校,你覺得值得因為 St.Cat / Kent. 放下這個要求呢?我想聽聽你的意見!Tha nk you!!  

cherly 寫道:

Thank you very much!

我未睇過 SJC 校舍,學校話 interview 時先有得睇,但經過一年時間向 SJC 家長查詢,覺得此校唔錯,幾啱我的要求 ~ 全日班、强英語有外籍老師、有不少課外活動、有聖經科、學術程度算高、有口睥等。
而 St.Cat & Kent 均歷史悠久,有口睥,感覺是信心的保証!
所以真難選擇!

[quote]
5354 寫道:
cherly
俾下意見咋~~
My ranking (方便升小)
SJC, St.cat, Kent., Staffard

My ranking (唔諗小學)
St.cat,Kent.,SJC,Staffard
你有冇睇過SJC (kindy)環境架?
我叫伯謙 - 媽咪叫我Bebe,我係2003年10月23日出世,依家有28磅、89cm高、啱啱2歲啦!! ***** Singapore trip ******* SINGAPORE TRIP PHOTO - LOT 2

76#
發表於 05-10-24 10:56 |只看該作者

5354, 我都想問你意見:

KM (my son is now studying nursery), York, St. Nicholas and Kent. (int. next week).  你會點排?
知足知不足, 有為有不為

77#
發表於 05-10-24 12:31 |只看該作者

yoko1 寫道:
Alanhoky:
你個女返學情況如何.可否說說.......
學校老師對小孩太度如何.......

其实 York 係勁commercialized, D小朋友和家長係佢地客户, 老師係customer service officers, 又驚無生意, 又驚比人投訢, 所以態度好好.  Frankly speaking, D 老師其实好有愛心.

Rosaline 每日有中英文課, weekly 两次Putonghua, 勁多唱遊.  好似好开心.

最开心係月月有主題.  月初fashion show 行cat walk巳经开心个几week, 月尾又有Halloween party, 两母女又有得発揮.  

27 号 又話交換玩具, 下个月頭UNICEF又筹款, 月尾又公益金賣flags, 亲子activities一浪接一浪.  

平時又有兴趣班.  边有日free.  正一睇notice都未睇得切.  
心諗同个女咁樣玩几年, 真係不枉此生.  如果咁樣都教吾叻个女, 真係無話可說, 吾關人事.  要睇下相前世係咪做得bad事多, 个女係来討債.

Alan

78#
發表於 05-10-24 21:54 |只看該作者

Joannes現在讀York N1,入讀這學校的過程有點曲折,希望在這跟各位明年入讀K1的家長分享一下。

眨眼間已一年,去年這個時候正開始四出寄報名表和面試,差不多每個週末都要見,報了十間左右,最後取錄的有牛津道啟思,York,培道(以上是上午班)及St Cat和德信(這兩間是下午),我們交了啓思和德信的留位費,當時並沒有選York,因為覺得它太商業化。到今年年中我們選了啓思,因為我喜歡它的校舍,另外Joannes是早睡早起(平均五點半!),讀下午班會很辛苦。

但越來越近八月,我們就越担心究竟有沒有選錯,因為聽說啓思程度淺,而我們不打算讓Joannes真升啓小,担心將來報小學會吃虧。到七月底交學費的最後限期前,我們還拿不定主意。

到八月初,太太把心一橫,寄信到York重新申請,因為起碼英文是York的強項,結果很快就收了,怱怱忙忙就在八月中開學了,連預備課都沒有上。

Joannes在這兩個月內,已適應了學校生活,也不抗拒返學。前天見家長,我第一次接觸他的班主任和助教,也感到她們很親切和關心學生,暫時我對放York的教學模式是滿意的。有一天Joannes忽然會用普通話說一至十,發音還挺標準!唯一的問題是他的專注力有限,做功課有時會令媽媽很激氣!

在bk討論區見到很多York家長的分享,大部份都頗滿意,令我對它更有信心。當然有人會不喜歡York,但只要自己孩子喜歡,能學到有用的事物和增廣見聞,我認為做家長的已經很滿足,不用太介意別人的評語。

79#
發表於 05-10-24 22:15 |只看該作者

joannespapa

80#
發表於 05-10-25 12:23 |只看該作者

joannespapa,

其實我都有打算替囝囝報"德信", 請問點解當初會選擇此校, 但收了卻沒有報讀呢? 但本人對此校不是太清楚, 希望能幫我多些了解德信.

多謝   
‹ 上一主題|下一主題