搜索
教育王國 討論區 滬江維多利亞學校 希望學校做好
樓主: carna
go

希望學校做好 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 11-6-23 11:48 |只看該作者
Hi Annieyy,

其實好早妳已plan左小朋友出國,Y5,Y6己準備去,但点解會甘放心,正所謂甘細同埋人新路不熟,同埋吾知妳系咪一齊去,如果吾系,又會吾會吾捨得,不知妳是否一個小朋友。

原帖由 ANNIEYY 於 11-6-22 23:17 發表
其實一早就决定出國,而且在上個暑假Y5己去紐西蘭Auckland讀左六星期 IB middle school(個仔自己去),原先打算讀完Y6中學在Auckland讀,因為有朋友同民風純D,Y4暑假也去左學校,但經過六星期觀察發覺個仔重未知自己要 ...

82#
發表於 11-6-23 12:23 |只看該作者
本人剛開户口,因實在覺得不吐不快:

1. 2010-11年IBDP學生大部分是VSA自己一手自幼稚園/小學凑大,作為小學家長的我亦十分關注成績。VSA DP 參加IB五月份考試,最後一科剛在5月23日完成,最後成績仍未有,現在就下判斷學生成績見不得人是否太快?

2. 本人不熟悉外國大學,或者其他家長可提供意見offer list上的學校排名/質素如何。

83#
發表於 11-6-23 12:42 |只看該作者
再補充一點,現在VSA學生已收大學offer是基於他們校內功課和assessment,IB制度下功課和assessment有IB moderation,不是單憑VSA自己評估。

84#
發表於 11-6-23 13:02 |只看該作者
其實而家對国際學校都有D介心,好似Kingstxx甘,失驚無神又話收十万八万乜費物費,真系好似搶甘。或者好似有講讀得就預左,祈實甘冇control,發展下去,真系吾知点,正府又好似對国際學校愛理不理。而家返而吾知維紀Lee方面方向点行。

85#
發表於 11-6-23 13:03 |只看該作者

回復 81# Ving 的帖子

我個人覺得讀VSA最後出路都係去外國,想在香港入到大學机會渺茫.我得一個仔,而去紐西蘭既原因係有好多朋友在那邊,其中一個係做外國學生寄宿家庭,眼見大多數係中學就過去讀三四年,再轉去英国,澳州讀大學個個都讀得好好,如果到中五,中六既青少年吾會鐘意紐西蘭,因為太悶由其香港青少年日日上網打机,我個仔可以自己座机過去,因為先後去過五次都好獨立,而且紐西蘭近過英國,美國又冇嘢玩只有大自然,係一個讀中學既好地方,平過係VSA呀!!因為個邊冇人要補習:D

86#
發表於 11-6-23 13:15 |只看該作者
ANNIETTY

我真系要俾個叻妳,可以train到個仔甘獨立,自己坐機都得。甘祈實佢响边樹讀都應該OK

87#
發表於 11-6-23 13:19 |只看該作者
VSA DP 學生可經non-jupas 途徑申請本港大學,根據SCMP本星期一的IB special resport,本港大學收non-jupas學生比例不算低:

港大商科 - 2008 (36%); 2009 (46%)
科大商科 - 2009 (25%)
中大醫科 - 2009 (31%)
港大醫科 - 2009 (30%)

當然non-jupas包括所有不是考本港A level 學生。

原帖由 ANNIEYY 於 11-6-23 13:03 發表
我個人覺得讀VSA最後出路都係去外國,想在香港入到大學机會渺茫.我得一個仔,而去紐西蘭既原因係有好多朋友在那邊,其中一個係做外國學生寄宿家庭,眼見大多數係中學就過去讀三四年,再轉去英国,澳州讀大學個個都讀得好好 ...

88#
發表於 11-6-23 13:22 |只看該作者
不過俾我就未必捨得,話晒都有六、七年吾同佢一齊生活,妳祈實有冇想過會點克服

原帖由 ANNIEYY 於 11-6-23 13:03 發表
我個人覺得讀VSA最後出路都係去外國,想在香港入到大學机會渺茫.我得一個仔,而去紐西蘭既原因係有好多朋友在那邊,其中一個係做外國學生寄宿家庭,眼見大多數係中學就過去讀三四年,再轉去英国,澳州讀大學個個都讀得好好 ...

89#
發表於 11-6-23 13:27 |只看該作者
祈實有冇數據顯示VSA幾多學生入讀本地大學而又讀緊乜科

90#
發表於 11-6-23 16:12 |只看該作者

回覆 87# poonseelai 的文章

我聽朋友講ESF全部DP畢業生入本港大學讀都只不過幾個%,我真係對現在VSA既成績有所保留,由其經讀緊中學部家長口中所知既消息,真係吾想再試啦!  都係個句有叻人吾多,玩既風氣太大:(

91#
發表於 11-6-23 16:36 |只看該作者
Ving   獨立同讀書係兩回事,其賣十二,十三歲都吾算早啦!有D公務員子女 九,十歲就去英國,現今有Skype又有FaceTime每日見到面,再加長Term Break返香港,短Break我過去,我計過平均三個月吾到就見到,如果讀得好當然吾洗去外國啦!!

92#
發表於 11-6-23 16:43 |只看該作者
其實撇除吾講讀書成績,D學生在探究學習,主动學習又点呢?同埋校外比賽如校際朗誦、音樂或者学界体育吾知成績係点?不過我更加關心品德方面的教育,吾知會吾會較其他學校好?

93#
發表於 11-6-23 18:31 |只看該作者
Ving,

[Accordingly, it seems that VSA parents attitude is "only believe and don't ask".]

That is not what I've said! I wonder if those parents actively writing posts on this topic have spent the same time in sharing their views (as VSA's stakeholders) with the school management. Writing posts here is not going to bring any changes to the school.

[And it seems that there are still many changes ahead for VSA, whether good or bad, but parents are paying high school fee and test for those changes with their children. Is it worth doing so?]

I can't think of any school, from the old and famous to the new and mediocre, which does not change. The question is whether such changes can bring improvement to the school.

[Another point that I don't really understand is that why the school fee is still increased by almost 10% per year provided that the school premises have been already relocated and settled for several years ago. What are the reasons from school management? Inflation or just profit?]

First thing first, I notice that there is another post here alleging that VSA is 一間商業機構 which is simply not true. The fact is that VSA is a non-profit organisation, the status of which is a pre-requisite required by the Government before it could bid for the land where its campus is now located. I do share the sentiment against the ever rising school fees. Its a pity that VSA does not receive any subsidy from the Government and I understand that it is under pressure in retaining its teaching staff. All in all, VSA's school fees are still not categorically higher than other IB schools without subsidy from the Government (re: ESF schools are receiving subsidy from the Government). Nevertheless, financial assistance is available to those who are qualified to receive it.

原帖由 Ving 於 11-6-22 16:09 發表
Slamai,

Accordingly, it seems that VSA parents attitude is "only believe and don't ask". And it seems that there are still many changes ahead for
VSA, whether good or bad, but parents are paying hig ...

94#
發表於 11-6-23 19:58 |只看該作者
Annieyy,

Before your post below, it seems that my posts are the only ones giving balancing views on this topic. Regarding your comment on 亞Q精神, I do want to share some more thoughts here.

A 'Band 3' school can be a good school and suitable for the child if it adds 'value' to the child's education whose achievement on entry is also at Band 3 level. A 'Band 1' school may be a bad school and not suitable for the child if it adds little 'value' to the child's education whose achievement on entry is already at Band 1 level.

In comparing their children with those in local schools, parents are comparing apples with oranges. The emphasis of IB education is not the same as local/traditional education. If parents use the criteria of local/traditional education and assess the achievement of IB education, they'll be unhappy.  If they do want these 'achievements' from their children, they should have put them in local schools instead.

I have been giving my views as objectively as possible like I'm a third party. If I have anything to complain about the school and/or share my views, I'll talk directly to the school management rather than writing posts here. Why I am still writing this post is that the views are so distorted and misinformed surrounding this topic. My credibility is even questioned here. I have already said at the very beginning that my kids are studying under PYP, MYP and DP in VSA. I've found that the school can add 'value' to them and they are doing fine. Those in the secondary are very independent and they don't need any tutors. I'm surprised that top students from famous schools also go to tutors after school. I don't compare my kids with those in local schools because it serves little purpose. The only thing I'm concerned is whether my kids can go to good universities choosing a programme of their choice. At present, I can't see why it is a problem.

One thing I should also mention is that IB (DP) is very demanding, in particular the language requirements, and not suitable for marginal students. Some students in VSA do have difficulties in their studies but the blame should not be put on the school.

原帖由 ANNIEYY 於 11-6-22 16:49 發表
未讀過VSA既人吾會明白,重要讀三四年先得清楚,知道味道,還有好多亞Q精神明明吾好都話好,我自己以前都係,我所認識既家長超過一半都有同一句話不過今年Y6真係好多人話吾讀, ...

95#
發表於 11-6-23 21:03 |只看該作者
Slamai,

忍左你好奈啦! 吾好再廢話一大篇!請你離開呢度啦! 呢度係給我地家長入黎自由發表意見既地方,吾係給你做槍手隊番我地轉頭. 我地係消費者., 請你行開一邊啦!

丁校監,孔校長,你地聽吾聽到我地真真正正家長既大聲吶喊,強烈不滿, 做為家長, 梗係想自己子女在一間好學校讀書啦!我地真係希望學校做好,改革非常迫切,而改革既第一步妳地一定知道就係撤換小學校長!!!!!請你地做出明智決定!!!!

96#
發表於 11-6-23 21:47 |只看該作者

回覆 9# poonseelai 的文章

When can I find this scmp report?

97#
發表於 11-6-23 22:12 |只看該作者
The report is part of this Monday (20/6)'s SCMP.  Do you have the newspaper?  

原帖由 mattsmum 於 11-6-23 21:47 發表
When can I find this scmp report?

98#
發表於 11-6-23 22:23 |只看該作者

回覆 1# cherubic 的文章

i need to check our library, but can that be found in the internet? typing mistake, I mean where not when.

99#
發表於 11-6-23 22:40 |只看該作者

回復 98# mattsmum 的帖子

Not sure whether you can find it from internet, perhaps you may look up at the library.

The report is at pages C8 and C9 of 20 June's SCMP.  It is a special report on IB Programme.  On page C9, it is an interview with Emma Charnock, who is the regional director for Hong Kong and China of international recruitment firm Hays.

I have the Newspaper, pm me if you really want to read it.

100#
發表於 11-6-23 23:40 |只看該作者

回覆 92# Ving 的文章

是否主動學習係好個人間題,學校方面吾會理你學吾學到嘢.運動,音樂你有冇聽過VSA在比賽中獲獎,相信係冇!品德就小學好D,大部份都好純好天真,中學就差左好多由其外來生:D
‹ 上一主題|下一主題