go

St.Paul Boys vs Ying Wa [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 11-12-19 17:10 |只看該作者
回復 wallpaper... 的帖子

請問spb你第一次面試參加左邊個session有十八人?好似每一㳄 都得六個學生在課室面試,請不要誤導。

82#
發表於 11-12-19 17:16 |只看該作者
no, i wanna ask you, which session were you in , with only the count of 6 kids in a group...

83#
發表於 11-12-19 18:25 |只看該作者
Would u like me to spell it out for you. Let me clarify that my main point there is: from my very own observation, YW is rather more serious in terms of examining the academic ability of its applicant over SPB's brief interview settings. Period.

84#
發表於 11-12-19 21:22 |只看該作者
回復 wallpaper... 的帖子

Would you mind telling me whether you got the offer from SPB ?I believe only 6 person in a group of each interview session during the first in.  
Would you mind sharing which session your son attended with 18 person?

85#
發表於 11-12-19 22:46 |只看該作者
Sour grape wallpaper?

86#
發表於 11-12-19 22:56 |只看該作者
如 topic 所題,Wallpaper 只係講佢嘅觀點啫,佢亦有道理,有冇必要串人?係咪要個個讚 SPB 好才是中肯?

87#
發表於 11-12-20 09:23 |只看該作者
flyda 發表於 11-12-19 22:56
如 topic 所題,Wallpaper 只係講佢嘅觀點啫,佢亦有道理,有冇必要串人?係咪要個個讚 SPB 好才是中肯? ...

對,佢亦要佢道理.  SPB的面試的確好像不太重學術, 但這亦反映他們不會為保學校名聲或學校可以省力而先挑選這類學生(或家庭), 收生較寛鬆但要保持相當水平, 學校便要更用心培育教導, 這反而是我欣賞的.  

不同人不同取態, 甲之熊掌乙之砒霜...多點討論多點資料讓大家自由取捨總是好的.

88#
發表於 11-12-20 10:35 |只看該作者
如果有去DBS interview 就知道,吾同組吾同題目,我小朋友嗰組叫畫,講兩幅畫,跟住答條簡單常識題,全中文,冇英數題,跟住睇完video就叫走,結果冇second in ,如果好似樓上講法,DBS就系stupid stupid stupid school,因為冇考academic 就reject 左佢。但我冇錦想,第一,玩得考小學遊戲,機本上要識得尊重人地學校,吾考咁多academic可能想考你小朋友manner,禮貌,反應,可能你小朋友academic好但品行差,EQ差,也不是學校杯茶。第二,樓上似乎只是base on SPB 第一次面試的經歷就話人地考小學的interview setup好stupid,似乎又吾知人地second interview 問乜就話人地stupid,系咪過於武斷?如果英華第三次interview(假如你有的話)祇問你簡單問題,吾通你又話人stupid。我的重點是,不同學校focus不同重點考不同題目,如果那麼基本都不理解,不曉得尊重,錦索性吾好去考小學,等大抽獎。

89#
發表於 11-12-20 10:37 |只看該作者
In fact we just want to know more which session interviews 18 kids at a time

90#
發表於 11-12-20 11:18 |只看該作者
Ving: 請問你囝囝去 DBS interview 時係咪曾經轉過時間?

91#
發表於 11-12-20 11:21 |只看該作者
DBS interview 冇轉過任何時間

92#
發表於 11-12-20 12:37 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 hkqmark 於 11-12-20 12:39 編輯

SPB first interview 係考小朋友禮貌, 專注, 表達能力等等. 每間學校都有自己一套選小朋友的方法. 雖然SPB first interview好似好簡單, 其實都可以睇到小朋友好多嘢! second interview更加係無得train, 好公平, 好透明, 家長完全知道小朋友的表現!  

醒目開學勳章

93#
發表於 11-12-20 13:00 |只看該作者
hkqmark 發表於 11-12-20 12:37
SPB first interview 係考小朋友禮貌, 專注, 表達能力等等. 每間學校都有自己一套選小朋友的方法. 雖然SPB  ...

agree!

94#
發表於 11-12-20 13:21 |只看該作者
Actually, SPB has 160 yr history. During these 160 yr, there are some good/bad graduates, and I am for sure some acadmeic good, some academic bad, some manner good, some manner bad. And the school managment has a clear selection process and criteria.
In fact, SPB would still like to select boys with "Good manner, politeness and good EQ" rather than "academic good only " should have his own reason, SPB don't want to select so called "HK type children" that is difficult to teacher (maybe the children is very very smart).
In fact, some people think academic is everything. I would respect on it as that's your view. But if other people/school would think "Manner, Politeness" is more important, then you should also learn to respect instead of saying, insulting others "Stupid". And I firmly believe that what kind of parents have what kind of children.

95#
發表於 11-12-20 14:17 |只看該作者
Talking about DBS interview, I think that they had a target group of candidates. They included 1. alumni/connected, 2. super-rich people who might donate tons of money (I know it because my friend suggested me not to apply for DBS unless I could buy its bonds or something. His boss donated tons of money to the school.), 3. privileged class, 4. applicants from famous kindergarten, and 5. candidates who could demonstrate very exceptionally talents like the Olympics game players or talking like a president. For points 4 & 5, DBS would only take a look at very limited number of boys. The rest, like most of us, were just there to 陪跑. A relative of mine has son & daughter go to DBSPD & DGJS resp., but they applied when there were not so many applicants like nowadays. However, in interview like this, DBS would surely miss out some talent like Steve Jobs, who was treated like an orphan when he was small. This kind of talent might contribute back to school tremendously in terms of reputation & donation in the long run. But would the admission officers care about the long run? Of course not; they cared how much you could contribute at the spot.

I have these insights not due to sour grape since this is only my 2nd choice compared to YW, which treats parents & applicants w/more respect. My son is good at both academic & manners because I have nurtured him full-time since he was born. My husband & I are U-grad. Since we have only one breadwinner, we send my son to a gov't sponsored non-famous kinder. Supposed my son would have an Eng. interview at DBS, but they spoke Cantonese to him. Also, they just asked him 1 very short question. Unless they had God's eyes, otherwise, how could they see the boys? So they had a target group of candidates in mind.

96#
發表於 11-12-20 14:39 |只看該作者
雖然小朋友入吾到DBS,但問心無愧,一切隨緣,個天吾俾你入,一定有原因,入到如讀吾上仲慘,所以spcc同dbs祇是平常心看待。

97#
發表於 11-12-20 14:50 |只看該作者
回復 flyda 的帖子

"如 topic 所題,Wallpaper 只係講佢嘅觀點啫,佢亦有道理,有冇必要串人?係咪要個個讚 SPB 好才是中肯?"

你會覺得wallpaper 嘅post 裏面咁多stupid 之類嘅字眼係叫 "中肯" ??!!

98#
發表於 11-12-20 14:54 |只看該作者
回復 TheWiseMom 的帖子

YW will soon publish the list for final interview and hope you have good result.

But in fact, as parents of YW is not easy, as almost the first DSS school for interview but almost the last school for announcing the result. It's not only test the children ability but also parents' patience.

99#
發表於 11-12-20 15:16 |只看該作者
I sought my relative's advice regarding DBS's interview. She said that Eng. interview would have advantage. I guess the rules have changed due to the huge no. of applicants & the increasing level of applicants' Eng. After going through the last several months, I've come to realize that DBS isn't my cup of tea.

Thanks, Ving. I wish I could get YW's 2nd in. I can't change my financial/social status, but being patient & full academic support for my son will be absolutely no problem for me.

100#
發表於 11-12-20 16:43 |只看該作者
u guys are really serious about this...game still on....personally I still would definitely vote for Ying Wah over SPB.... period. not sour but just an honest opinion...  and well, ok, let me take my word stupid back, my apologies, but still YW over SPB....hahaha
‹ 上一主題|下一主題