教育王國 討論區 學之園幼稚園(昇御海逸) 學之園(海逸校)06K1
樓主: LydiaWong
go

學之園(海逸校)06K1 [複製鏈接]

101#
發表於 06-8-22 21:17 |只看該作者

Re: 學之園(海逸校)06K1

Doris,
How's Brian for the trial class, did he participate, did you like it? What do you think about the environment and the teachers and the teaching? Just want to get more opinion. Thanks!

ljsze,
Tonight Preston sang a birthday song to 'Davine Mak' , I don't know why and I don't think it's Davine's birthday. But he just sang happy birthday to Davine Mak.

Also, tonight he pretended to be Miss Cheng and I'm the student. He made me sat on the mat and he said '兩隻腳仔蹺埋坐,雙手放响膝頭哥,眼仔望住xxx(電視機)he made it up. Then he gave me paper and crayon(and I have to say thank you) and made me write and draw. So funny!
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

102#
發表於 06-8-23 13:56 |只看該作者

Lydia

I think kid at age 3-5 is cute.  They can communicate.  They can tell you something but somehow you have to ask more to get the whole Picture.

It's so good that Preston can share you so many things happened at school.  My son will also share, but not many.  I have to ask him for more info.

BTW, what's the full name of your son ?  I don't see Preston on the student list sticked in the classroom.

Doris, Lydia

I'd want my son to join the lessons of My Gym, but the timing is not quite good.  I have to pay a visit some time.

103#
發表於 06-8-23 15:35 |只看該作者

Lydia,

It turned out that Brian didn't attend the trial class.  He had serious nose bleeding when he woke up from nap on Monday.  He had much deep fried food last weekend and I guess this was the cause.  I will reschedule the trial class some time next week.  Besides that, I have also applied for a trial class of My Gym next week as a comparison.  See which one Brian prefers.

It's good that Preston could tell you a lot about what happened in school.  Actually, Brian also mentioned the word 蹺腳 on Monday night but he didn't tell us that he learnt it from Ms. Cheng.

ljsze,

You may consider joining the trial class of both Little Gym and My Gym as a comparison.  

104#
發表於 06-8-23 16:27 |只看該作者

Doris,
See if you can reschedule this Sunday, so they can play together.

ljsze,
Check out the environment and you'll like Little gym much more. I booked a trial class at my gym but after I visited the place, I'll choose Little Gym definitely.

105#
發表於 06-8-23 16:37 |只看該作者

Doris, Lydia

I've been to Little Gym long time ago & joined a free class.  Maybe my son was too small for that class & it seemed that my son was not quite involved.  And, they are quite hard-selling.

I visited the website of My Gym & thought that it's quite good.

Lydia, is My Gym really much worse than Little Gym ?

106#
發表於 06-8-23 22:25 |只看該作者

ljsze,
Preston's name is Preston Leung Ming Hin.
Do you want a trial class at little gym? Preston is now joining Sunday 9:00am and starting in Sept will switch to Sat 9:15am. Davine can try at the same time so they can play together.

My Gym is only 1/2 the size of Little Gym and it looks dark there. Also, I find that Little gym has far more equipment than my Gym. As a comparison, I like a place with better environment, also, bigger place coz it's gymnastics and bigger place means they can run around more freely and get more physical exercise. The teachers at Little gym are very nice and I don't really find them too hard-sell. That's my observation and opinion.

107#
發表於 06-8-24 08:07 |只看該作者

Lydia,

My family has to attend a funeral of a close relative this Sat and Sun, so Brian cannot join Little Gym this Sun.  

I am quite busy at work recently.  See if I can reschedule the trial class to some day next week.  Am I right that the new Semester will start in early Sept?  Just want to make a decision before the new Semester starts.

108#
發表於 06-8-24 10:51 |只看該作者

Dear Lydia

Thanks for your info.  I'll give Little Gym another chance then.  Ha !  The class that your son is attending is so early.  Does he wake up early in the morning ?  And, you do take the effort to wake up early during weekend to take your son to lesson.

109#
發表於 06-8-24 12:33 |只看該作者

ljsze,

I just found that members of Baby Kingdom can enjoy half fee for trial class of Little Gym.  You can simply print out the leaflet and tell them your user name.

110#
發表於 06-8-24 13:22 |只看該作者

Doris,
The new semester starts in Sept, but even if you miss one class or 2, they will not count those classes(not sure, but can try). Coz Preston only joins 3 classes this semester and they give us a discount too. So end up ~$180/class. Also, they have make up class, you can make up any time within the same semester, which is quite flexible.

ljsze,
Preston wakes up ~7:00am every day, somethimes earlier, but the latest is 7:30am. So I usually wake up around the same time, esp. on Sunday coz my maid will leave at 8:30. It's worth a try, Davine will like it. For me, coz it's just for fun and physical work, not acedemic, my main concern is environment and safety, and every equipment there is padded. Even they fall, it doesn't really hurt.

The school is now tecahing them how to hold a pencil. Preston can use both hands., although he uses left hand more ( i think he's left-handed). Should I train his left hand or switch him to right hand at this early stage?

111#
發表於 06-8-24 13:59 |只看該作者

Lydia

Preston does tell you a lot about school.  Time will tell whether he's left-handed or right-handed.  Just observe & help him to master the skill is good enough, I think.

I guess I know why Preston sang happy birthday song to Davin.  I noticed Davin got a stamp on his hand & asked what it was & he said Happy Birthday.

As your son wakes up so early, I think you do not have enough sleep.  Right ?!  For me, 8 hours of sleep is a luxury.  Usually, I get about 7.5 hours.

112#
發表於 06-8-25 12:04 |只看該作者

ljsze and Lydia,

I gave a pencil to Brian last night.  He took out the first two fingers to make the shape of a gun, and said 'Bang! Bang!'.  He then fitted his fingers onto the pencil.  I guess it's Ms. Cheung who taught them this.  So funny!

However, Brian couldn't manage well (he used to use all five fingers to hold a pencil).  He needs more practice.

Lydia,

The left part of the body is governed by the right brain, which is related to music and Art development.  Maybe Preston has talent in these two areas.

ljsze,

Brian also used to wake up before 7.30am during weekends.  Will Davin wake up late on Sats and Suns?

113#
發表於 06-8-25 13:19 |只看該作者

ljsze,
The thing about using left ahnd or right hand was from Ms. Cheng. She called me and asked me if I had any preference. I'm not sure and let him do it naturally. But it's easier to teach him writing with right hand(I don't know how to teach him if he's left handed). I'm worried if I made a wrong decison for him. I don't know if there's any bad influence if we force him to switch.

Doris,
Preston also 'bang, bang' at home. He was coloring with crayons and there are 12 colors and he 'bang, bang' for 12 times and made me do the same thing.

114#
發表於 06-8-25 15:39 |只看該作者

Doris, Lydia

I asked my son about Miss Cheng teaching how to hold pen.  He just nodded his head & smiled & did nothing else.  Thanks for sharing this.  I have to trigger more of his memory.

However, he does from time to time tell me about the name of his classmate.  He mentioned that he's got a new friend called Lucas.

Doris

Somehow it's difficult to tell when my son wakes up & goes to sleep, depending on when & how many hours of sleep he gets in the afternoon.  In average, he sleeps for about 8 hrs at nite & 2.5-3 hrs in the afternoon.  Sometimes, we have to wake him up to go to school (at about 8:10am).  Sometimes, he can wake up before 7 or 7:30am.  It's hard to tell.  So, it does not matter whether it's a weekday or weekend.

115#
發表於 06-8-26 16:09 |只看該作者

ljsze,

Does Davin go to bed late at night?  Brian used to go to bed before 10.30pm and he wakes up at 6.30-7.30am.  He sweats a lot at night, even in air-conditioned room.  My Mom will take a bath for him before going to school.  So 7.30am is the latest time for him to wake up in weekdays.

Lydia,

I learnt from Ms Cheng last night that Preston and Cheuk Yan used to play together.  Cheuk Yan also likes to play with Brian.  It happens that Preston, Cheuk Yan and Brian will usually sit together during Snack time.

116#
發表於 06-8-26 22:13 |只看該作者

Doris,
Thanks for sharing with me about Preston. Actually, Cheuk Yan was in PNB too and Preston used to tell me he was very naughty? But this year he did tell me that they play together. As far as I know, Preston likes Veron. Once he even told me '我好鍾意Veron' ( she was in PNB as well). I guess some of the pretty girls from PNB are not here anymore so Veron is probably one of the few girls he knows.

ljsze,
Preston's sleeping pattern is similar as Brian and is quite regular. He goes to bed at 8:45pm and finishes his milk, then either me or my maid read him a couple story books (he always asks for more but I refuse him). Then usually falls asleep before 10:00pm. That's why he wakes up ~7-7:15 am every day, not matter weekdays or weekends. I can't sleep in over weekends but in another way, I never have problem waking him up in the morning.

117#
發表於 06-8-27 17:06 |只看該作者

Doris, so you also went to the seminar on Friday.  I was also there.  I remember last year the school organized the same function but that time not quite many parents attended.

Doris, Lydia

Yes, my son went to bed later at night, at about 11pm.  Though sometmes we may have to wake him up in the morning, he does not struggle a lot.

I browsed through the workbook & worksheet passed from the school & realized that they have learnt quite a lot of things during the past 2 weeks.  Don't know if the progress of the other kinders are more or less the same.  If you had attended the seminar, the school somehow emphasized that they would not give too much to the kids & all those learnt were to be according to the age group.  That's why I'm a bit surprised at the amt of stuff that they learnt, esp. connecting the dots exercise.

118#
發表於 06-8-28 09:01 |只看該作者

Lydia,

Brian can only remember the names of a few girls in PNB: Christy, 桐桐, 'Lenia?' (the Indian girl, with sweet smile) and 'Vergan?'.  All except 'Lenia' left for other schools in K1B.

About Cheuk Yan.  Ms. Hung used to praise him for his good behaviour and consistent progress.  I am not sure if he is naughty.  But I remember on the first school day of K1, Brian cried.  Cheuk Yan took the initiative to calm him down (although failed, ).  When I thanked him, he smiled so sweetly.

ljsze,

I agree with what you said.  For a kid who did not attend PN class, what K1B learnt in the past two weeks seems too much for their age.

From the workbooks collected on Friday night, I know that Brian understands the concepts of circle and 'one' as a quantity term.  But for the exercise about connecting the dots, Brian didn't follow.  He just coloured the paper instead of joining the dots.

119#
發表於 06-8-28 09:58 |只看該作者

Doris, Lydia

I noticed that the class has got 1 teaching assistant these days, which is good.  Yet, I think this arrangement may be temporary only.

120#
發表於 06-8-28 13:22 |只看該作者

ljsze,
I totally forgot about the seminar last Friday until you mentioned it.

Doris,ljsze,
I looked over the worksheets as well. For students that had attended PN class, these are a bit easy for them. But I think it's appropriate for their age, otherwise, they'll feel bored in class if they learn something they know already. Connecting dots is a practice before they start writing. Preston likes it and I bought some workbooks for him to connect dots.  He's keen on writing at home. He tries to write numbers and letters(on his own), so far he can write '1', '2'(very ugly), '111' (the bus no. on his toy bus)' and 'P'(preston). However, he sometimes uses left hand and sometimes right hand

Doris,
Anyania (not sure about the spelling) is the Indian girl who sat next to Preston last year and Preston likes to hold hands with her during morning exercise.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖