教育王國

標題: Difference between G1, G2 G3 [打印本頁]

作者: ChapmanMa    時間: 08-9-18 00:58     標題: Difference between G1, G2 G3

Hi SM parent,

Can you advise how to divided the students into the 3 groups ? Based on what criteria ?  Best studends ->  Fair students --> below Standard students ??  

Are they learning the same syllabus ?
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-9-18 08:49

As noted from the intranet homework dairy, they should be learning the same syllabus.

The Head teacher said the distribution is by random.  But I have the following findings / observations :

G1 English - has more non-Chinese students
G2 Maths - move faster than G3 and G1
G1 and G2 Chinese - move almost in the same pace but seems there is no G3 only the Chinese as 2nd Lang. group

I am not sure the teachers has splited the groups according to student's respective learning level but it will be so after the 1st term (2nd term starts in Nov).

原帖由 ChapmanMa 於 08-9-18 00:58 發表
Hi SM parent,

Can you advise how to divided the students into the 3 groups ? Based on what criteria ?  Best studends ->  Fair students --> below Standard students ??  

Are they learning the same syl ...

作者: ChapmanMa    時間: 08-9-18 10:08

Dear monkeydad, thanks for your good observation.  That means, based on each subject, the studends will be splitted into different groups, right ?  As you see, normally, how many non-Chinese studends in one P1 class ?  Thanks.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-18 08:49 發表
As noted from the intranet homework dairy, they should be learning the same syllabus.

The Head teacher said the distribution is by random.  But I have the following findings / observations :

G1 Engl ...

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-9-18 10:13

Dear ChapmanMa,

It seems that you are not current SM parent.

The grouping is not rigid and the school tries not to disclose as the split is for sake of the kid's benefit.

The beforesaid is just my observation this year and it may change year by year.

The total number of non-Chinese students varies each year and the split this year 08-09 is about 10 in P1G1 and 4-5 in G2 and G3 respectively.

原帖由 ChapmanMa 於 08-9-18 10:08 發表
Dear monkeydad, thanks for your good observation.  That means, based on each subject, the studends will be splitted into different groups, right ?  As you see, normally, how many non-Chinese studends  ...

作者: ChapmanMa    時間: 08-9-18 10:23

Dear monkeydad,
Yes, I am not current SM parent but I hope I can be next year.  I will go to SM's briefing this Sat and definitely will apply it.  Hope my son can be granted an interview and be a lucky boy in SM next year....thanks of your sharing.

Also, how's the difficulty of the homework ?  Will it be too many per day ? Sorry for a lot of questions.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-18 10:13 發表
Dear ChapmanMa,

It seems that you are not current SM parent.

The grouping is not rigid and the school tries not to disclose as the split is for sake of the kid's benefit.

The beforesaid is just my  ...

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-9-18 14:55

ChapmanMa,

Comparing to other local schools, homework of SM is not that much.  All depends on the style of your kid.

Some mothers said the workload is even less than kindergarten.  A few commented it is too much.

Take my boy as an example, he probably can finish within one hour if he is in good mood.  Please note that my boy is from an international type kindergarten (project based and less writing).  If those from traditional kindergarten, they would feel easy.

原帖由 ChapmanMa 於 08-9-18 10:23 發表
Dear monkeydad,
Yes, I am not current SM parent but I hope I can be next year.  I will go to SM's briefing this Sat and definitely will apply it.  Hope my son can be granted an interview and be a luc ...

作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-9-18 16:15

我問過學校 1, 1st term 跟據1年前(K3學生)該批學生面試表現,按程度高低分 G1, G2 G3
因當時學生還小,一年後可能程度有轉變, 故2nd term可能按現時程度再重組Group
按理應G1 學的會快些,或多些課外題,但因剛開學,我暫時發覺程度相差不大.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-18 14:55 發表
ChapmanMa,

Comparing to other local schools, homework of SM is not that much.  All depends on the style of your kid.

Some mothers said the workload is even less than kindergarten.  A few commented i ...

作者: G-Ma    時間: 08-9-18 16:30

到小二以上會按成績分g1, g2同g3.
作者: ChapmanMa    時間: 08-9-18 18:40

thanks all the SM mom & dad's comment.

原帖由 G-Ma 於 08-9-18 16:30 發表
到小二以上會按成績分g1, g2同g3.

作者: WD40    時間: 08-9-18 22:07

Hi G-Ma,

Do u remember me?  I want to know if any students from upper primary have participated the Cambridge Eng. Test?  If so, do u know the results??  I just want to know the Engl. standard (from public exam.) of SMC students.

If u know, pls share w/ me.

Th x
作者: little-duck    時間: 08-9-18 22:10

G-Ma,

Is the group changed once a year starting from P2 then?  So, groups in P1 will be changed once only during the school year or in every term?

原帖由 G-Ma 於 08-9-18 16:30 發表
到小二以上會按成績分g1, g2同g3.

作者: WD40    時間: 08-9-18 23:08

yeah..I also got similar information as your.

No matter which group yr kids are now studying, smc should provide suitable teaching progress to enhance/ improve students' standards.

So, don't mind on which group yr kids are allocated in, but try to pay much attention to them coz they're all just 6 yrs old and need us to guide & encourage them.

大家努力   

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-18 16:15 發表
我問過學校 1, 1st term 跟據1年前(K3學生)該批學生面試表現,按程度高低分 G1, G2 G3
因當時學生還小,一年後可能程度有轉變, 故2nd term可能按現時程度再重組Group
按理應G1 學的會快些,或多些課外題,但因剛開學,我 ...

作者: 一家三口    時間: 08-9-19 08:41

原帖由 little-duck 於 08-9-18 22:10 發表
G-Ma,

Is the group changed once a year starting from P2 then?  So, groups in P1 will be changed once only during the school year or in every term?

little-duck,

P1 & P2  係每個term 之後都會re-group, 但去年囡囡p1時, 每次 re-group 的人數唔會太多. p3 就定晒, 唔再需要re-group 啦.
作者: G-Ma    時間: 08-9-19 23:11

hi wd40,

今年學校講話所有小朋友都要考 cambridge, 之前就係有興趣先考, 所以我唔清楚高年班小朋友考成點, 不過我認識有考過既同學仔, 佢地d分數都好高.  我亦試過係小二比左d cambridge paper囡囡試, 佢覺得好淺.  

原帖由 WD40 於 08-9-18 22:07 發表
Hi G-Ma,

Do u remember me?  I want to know if any students from upper primary have participated the Cambridge Eng. Test?  If so, do u know the results??  I just want to know the Engl. standard (from  ...

作者: G-Ma    時間: 08-9-19 23:13

hi little-duck,

好似一家三口講, p1&p2係每個term轉, 每次轉組既人數都唔會好多.  p.3之後就只會每年轉一次.  

原帖由 little-duck 於 08-9-18 22:10 發表
G-Ma,

作者: ConnieBaby219    時間: 08-9-20 09:27

G-Ma

請問你囡囡有沒有參加學校 cambridge  ?
我見York 教育機構主辨, 不知口啤如何 ? 幾多人一班呢 ?
Thanks
作者: G-Ma    時間: 08-9-20 12:39

hi conniebaby,

學校英文環境已經唔錯, 所以無特別再參加cambridge.

原帖由 ConnieBaby219 於 08-9-20 09:27 發表
G-Ma

Thanks

作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-9-20 17:24

ConnieBaby

我打算讓baby join 這期的cambridge, 因學費確實抵(HKD50/hour, 如外面讀 多為$130-$180/hour)
趁現在功課少先試試(不過要自己接放學)

G-Ma

Thanks

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-9-20 17:42

HKQQbaby,

I want my boy to join as well because I find his English is not good enough.  I also want him to join the homework club also as I want him to develop a good / proper habit of doing homework.

By the way, where do you live, nearby?  My boy is in the same school bus with your twins and your girl says hi to me every time.

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-20 17:24 發表
ConnieBaby

趁現在功課少先試試(不過要自己接放學)

作者: ChapmanMa    時間: 08-9-20 18:20

Hi, from the briefing today, the teacher Mr Anthony Adams said, their exam result of French during the 2008 HKCEE is about 1x% got A*, 2x% got A, 43% got C, no one got D, no one got E and no one got failed.. So the result is so great.

原帖由 G-Ma 於 08-9-19 23:11 發表
hi wd40,

今年學校講話所有小朋友都要考 cambridge, 之前就係有興趣先考, 所以我唔清楚高年班小朋友考成點, 不過我認識有考過既同學仔, 佢地d分數都好高.  我亦試過係小二比左d cambridge paper囡囡試, 佢覺得好淺. ...

作者: idylo    時間: 08-9-20 20:27

G-Ma,

是那些級別要一定考 cambridge?
學校辦呢個真係超值, 但上完一日課, 再上1.5hr, 我怕個囝太倦, 無精神上堂....

hi wd40,

今年學校講話所有小朋友都要考 cambridge, 之前就係有興趣先考, 所以我唔清楚高年班小朋友考成點, 不過我認識有考過既同學仔, 佢地d分數都好高.  我亦試過係小二比左d cambridge paper囡囡試, 佢覺得好淺. ...

作者: little-duck    時間: 08-9-21 00:12

G-Ma,

So, did your girl finally take any cambridge test?  What level she took?  I plan to let my girl study the YLE course (cos the price is really attractive) but am wondering if I should put her in "starter" or "mover".  I called the York centre and they told me that "mover" covers some grammer test but don't know if it's difficult!  Don't know if she reaches the standard for "mover" test...or better stay in "starter"!  If we check with her teacher, will they give us advise you think?

hi wd40,

[ 本帖最後由 little-duck 於 08-9-21 18:22 編輯 ]
作者: G-Ma    時間: 08-9-21 02:11

Hi idylo,

暫時我地都未知詳情, 不過學科簡介會時ms. lee係咁講過.

學校個cambridge係幾抵, 不過上完堂再留係學校真係幾辛苦, 又無校車, 返到屋企又要趕功課.  所以都無參加.

原帖由 idylo 於 08-9-20 20:27 發表
G-Ma,

是那些級別要一定考 cambridge?
學校辦呢個真係超值, 但上完一日課, 再上1.5hr, 我怕個囝太倦, 無精神上堂....

作者: G-Ma    時間: 08-9-21 02:15

hi little-duck,

我無比囡囡讀或者考CAMBRIDGE, 因為我覺得學校既英語環境已經好夠, 有時間我會留番比佢學其他野.

我starter 及 mover既PAPER都有比囡囡試過, 佢都OK,唔覺難.  你不妨比D PAPER 囡囡試下先再決定讀邊個LEVEL.

原帖由 little-duck 於 08-9-21 00:12 發表
G-Ma,

So, did your girl finally take any cambridge test?  What level she took?  I plan to let my girl study the YLE course (cos the price is really attractive) but am wondering if I should put her in ...

作者: ConnieBaby219    時間: 08-9-21 16:26

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-20 17:24 發表
ConnieBaby

趁現在功課少先試試(不過要自己接放學)

HKQQbaby

對呀!
我都會試讀一期, 趁現在功課少先試試:D
作者: himom    時間: 08-9-21 16:38

ConnieBaby219,
我囡囡join咗2年學校讀 cambridge course(Flyer & KET),York 嘅老師都教得很好,價錢平又唔駛出去讀,用家心得 - Good! 今年囡囡夾唔到PET嘅時間,所以無得join。
G-Ma

Thanks

作者: little-duck    時間: 08-9-21 16:47

ConnieBaby219,

Yeah...I have the same thought also (Have a trial first before their homework is getting busy).  In case we don't have enough time to manage the homework at night, may drop it after the first term!

原帖由 ConnieBaby219 於 08-9-21 16:26 發表

HKQQbaby

對呀!
我都會試讀一期, 趁現在功課少先試試:D

作者: little-duck    時間: 08-9-21 16:52

G-Ma,

You're right!  I'll try to search for some past papers and have a look first.  THANKS!

原帖由 G-Ma 於 08-9-21 02:15 發表
hi little-duck,

我無比囡囡讀或者考CAMBRIDGE, 因為我覺得學校既英語環境已經好夠, 有時間我會留番比佢學其他野.

我starter 及 mover既PAPER都有比囡囡試過, 佢都OK,唔覺難.  你不妨比D PAPER 囡囡試下先再決定讀 ...

作者: ConnieBaby219    時間: 08-9-21 16:55

原帖由 himom 於 08-9-21 16:38 發表
ConnieBaby219,
我囡囡join咗2年學校讀 cambridge course(Flyer & KET),York 嘅老師都教得很好,價錢平又唔駛出去讀,用家心得 - Good! 今年囡囡夾唔到PET嘅時間,所以無得join。

himom

多謝你用家意見
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-9-21 17:31

Monkeydad

I live in Kln East, everyday, my babies take school bus for one hour one way. If I take taxi for 25minutes only. I want them to finish homework at home, so I can know whether  or not they understand  the homework. If they finish the homework at school , I do not know what they can not understand.

Since extra activity is no school bus, so  my babies only join the Cambridge course.

HKQQbaby

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-20 17:42 發表
HKQQbaby,

I want my boy to join as well because I find his English is not good enough.  I also want him to join the homework club also as I want him to develop a good / proper habit of doing homework ...

作者: idylo    時間: 08-9-22 11:05

G-ma,

係 P.4全部學生要參加Cambridge Exam., 到時老師會給學生做 Mock Paper, 確定去考邊個level, 不過我唔擔心, 相信 SM student應付有餘...  

原帖由 G-Ma 於 08-9-21 02:11 發表
Hi idylo,

暫時我地都未知詳情, 不過學科簡介會時ms. lee係咁講過.

學校個cambridge係幾抵, 不過上完堂再留係學校真係幾辛苦, 又無校車, 返到屋企又要趕功課.  所以都無參加.

作者: himom    時間: 08-9-22 17:11

G-ma,

This year all P4's student must take the Cambridge Exam

原帖由 idylo 於 08-9-22 11:05 發表
G-ma,

係 P.4全部學生要參加Cambridge Exam., 到時老師會給學生做 Mock Paper, 確定去考邊個level, 不過我唔擔心, 相信 SM student應付有餘...  

作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-9-22 18:17

今天仔仔(PIG2) 放學後讓我看他上modern language: Spanish 筆記: Hola - Hello, Adios - Bye,  Buenos clias - good ...
雖然我不會spanish 不知是否正確, 為鼓勵他認真上堂, I give him one Mickey Sticker which sticked on the note book. He is very happy.
作者: G-Ma    時間: 08-9-22 18:42

Hi himom and Idylo,

唔該哂, 果日ms. lee講得太快, 所以可能miss咗.  cambridge exam 我都覺得 sm 學生應該無大問題.

原帖由 himom 於 08-9-22 17:11 發表
G-ma,

This year all P4's student must take the Cambridge Exam

作者: himom    時間: 08-9-22 18:59

G-ma,

P4 以上既 SM student 考 cambridge exam (starter, mover & flyer)當然無問題;不過KET就要做吓past paper。Listening & Oral is sure Win,但係 grammer 就要練習吓才考到past in merit。

原帖由 G-Ma 於 08-9-22 18:42 發表
Hi himom and Idylo,

唔該哂, 果日ms. lee講得太快, 所以可能miss咗.  cambridge exam 我都覺得 sm 學生應該無大問題.

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-9-22 20:00

HKQQbaby,

I admire your so much that your boy and girl could tell you a lot on what they have learnt in school.  I asked my boy the same but he said his Spanish note book was kept by the teacher.

Besides, he also told me that he didn't understand much during English and Mathmatics lessons.  I was quite surprised as we have talked to him in English very often at home and his English standard should not be that bad.  Puzzling...

Thanks for your sharing that enable me to know more about his school life.

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-22 18:17 發表
今天仔仔(PIG2) 放學後讓我看他上modern language: Spanish 筆記: Hola - Hello, Adios - Bye,  Buenos clias - good ...
雖然我不會spanish 不知是否正確, 為鼓勵他認真上堂, I give him one Mickey Sticker which  ...

作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-9-22 20:16

monkeydad

The note book for modern language is prepared by me, not by school teacher. I want them to take the notes, otherwise I do not know what they learned in class. And I prepare one paper for them, I request them to write down or draw the picture for the good or bad in the school bus for each other, so they can  互相監督.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-22 20:00 發表
HKQQbaby,

I admire your so much that your boy and girl could tell you a lot on what they have learnt in school.  I asked my boy the same but he said his Spanish note book was kept by the teacher.

B ...

作者: ChapmanMa    時間: 08-9-22 23:12

Monkeydad, don't worry.  I think the point is daily oral english may be a bit different to the English lesson.  Coz there may be a bit related to some grama, sentences making, etc.  Also, they may need sometimes to get familar in learning Maths in Eng.  I am sure your kid will take it up easily very soon.  

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-22 20:00 發表
HKQQbaby,

B ...

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-9-23 10:58

HKQQbaby,

When I put my boy to sleep last night, I tried  some simple spanish words, like Hola, Adios...  Surprisingly, he could correct my prononciation.  He even said "thank you" to me in Spanish (of course I am not sure whether it is right).  This made me feel a bit better.  

Anyway, I have a spanish oral CD and will learn some words when he goes school.  Again, thanks for providing me the info that I can catch up with him.

I am still a bit worried about his Maths and English lessons.  What I can do for him is to prepare the class well ahead that would make him a bit easy to follow.

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-22 20:16 發表
monkeydad

The note book for modern language is prepared by me, not by school teacher. I want them to take the notes, otherwise I do not know what they learned in class. And I prepare one paper for th ...

作者: woodylam    時間: 08-9-23 11:25

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-23 10:58 發表
HKQQbaby,

When I put my boy to sleep last night, I tried  some simple spanish words, like Hola, Adios...  Surprisingly, he could correct my prononciation.  He even said "thank you" to me in Spanish ( ...

Hi, my son studys in P1G3. Pls find the below website for your reference. It's good to learn some basic foreign language. Even Japanese is included, quite useful.

e.g. you can click Spanish & under the topic "going abroad, useful phases, quick fix", you can find some simple greeting pronunciation.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/

Woodylam
作者: G-Ma    時間: 08-9-23 13:10

himom,

啊! 原來KET要考GRAMMER, 咁真係要做吓PAST PAPER, 因為學校係GRAMMER上面無特別操練佢地, 好多外籍老師都話多聽, 多讀就會自然明白.  不過考公開試, 係要操練吓先得既.

原帖由 himom 於 08-9-22 18:59 發表
G-ma,

P4 以上既 SM student 考 cambridge exam (starter, mover & flyer)當然無問題;不過KET就要做吓past paper。Listening & Oral is sure Win,但係 grammer 就要練習吓才考到past in merit。

作者: WD40    時間: 08-9-24 22:36

Thanks G-Ma.   Shall there any course for P.1 students to learn Cambridge Eng?  I have not recieved any notice/circulate in relation to this subject!!  Or it may provide for P.2 onwards???

Wa...yr daughter is so brilliant!!!

hi wd40,

作者: pink-l    時間: 08-9-24 23:43

WD40,

P1 also got the notice, think you had better check with yr class teacher. Deadline for submission is on 9/26 this Fri. Checked Ms Ma after attended these 12 lessons then they will take the exam in March. If you don't want to wait for another year, better to catch it tomorrow.
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-9-25 07:36

Monkeydad

Do not worry. 能考入SM 的學生英文基楚不會差. 可能你仔仔需要時間適應新老師(發音及教學方法), 如事前與仔仔備課可能便於他理解. 我會在家用中文再解題,讓仔仔確實明Maths, 始終English is 2nd language, 他們做maths exercise 仍未能做到用英文思維,高年級時,當適應後,會逐漸过渡用英文思維.

大家一起努力.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-23 10:58 發表
HKQQbaby,

When I put my boy to sleep last night, I tried  some simple spanish words, like Hola, Adios...  Surprisingly, he could correct my prononciation.  He even said "thank you" to me in Spanish ( ...

作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-9-25 07:40

woodylam

Thanks.!!

原帖由 woodylam 於 08-9-23 11:25 發表

Hi, my son studys in P1G3. Pls find the below website for your reference. It's good to learn some basic foreign language. Even Japanese is included, quite useful.

e.g. you can click Spanish & und ...

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-9-25 08:02

Hi WD40,

My boy is in P1 (G2) also and he got the notice from school probably on Monday.

There are 3 levels - starter (every Tue), mover and flyer (every Wed) from 3:25 to 4:55 - i.e. 1.5 hours; cost : $900 including teaching materials for 12 lessons starting mid Oct till mid Feb 2009.  

You can call the class teacher or Ms Ma at 2396 6675.

原帖由 WD40 於 08-9-24 22:36 發表
Thanks G-Ma.   Shall there any course for P.1 students to learn Cambridge Eng?  I have not recieved any notice/circulate in relation to this subject!!  Or it may provide for P.2 onwards???

Wa...yr da ...

作者: sara    時間: 08-9-25 13:47

My daughter didn't receive any notice about Cambridge...I phoned to Miss Ng, her class teacher, and asked if ther e was notice for my daughter. She then gave a notice to my daughter.
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-9-25 14:09

HKQQbaby,

Thanks.

It is a good suggestion - 與仔仔備課.

Mr Gaffney posted on the intranet that there would be a test on Monday (10 words).  I think this refers to the dictation done already.  Next monday is the School Sports Day.  Will you be there?  I have enrolled to be the helper.

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-25 07:36 發表
Monkeydad

Do not worry. 能考入SM 的學生英文基楚不會差. 可能你仔仔需要時間適應新老師(發音及教學方法), 如事前與仔仔備課可能便於他理解. 我會在家用中文再解題,讓仔仔確實明Maths, 始終English is 2nd languag ...

作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-9-25 15:41

Monkeydad

I will be there after lunch, about 3opm.
Since that day morning, I will be work for half day.
If you see me, pls say hello to me. (You know my girl.)

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-25 14:09 發表
HKQQbaby,

Thanks.

It is a good suggestion - 與仔仔備課.

Mr Gaffney posted on the intranet that there would be a test on Monday (10 words).  I think this refers to the dictation done already.  Next  ...

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-9-25 22:39

HKQQbaby,

Sure.  I will be helping the Long Jump section.

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-25 15:41 發表
Monkeydad

I will be there after lunch, about 3opm.
Since that day morning, I will be work for half day.
If you see me, pls say hello to me. (You know my girl.)

作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-9-26 20:19

Monkeydad

你仔仔今天是否有小小受傷(My girl said) 會否影響下週一出賽? 保重.

6th Oct  又有 English dictation (20 words.)
10th Oct 有 Maths Quiz

下週假期我可要好好與仔女溫書.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-9-25 22:39 發表
HKQQbaby,

Sure.  I will be helping the Long Jump section.

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-9-27 17:17

HKQQbaby,

He is ok, just hurt his right hand with the pencil.

He is now practising running with his uncle.  He asked his uncle to bring him to the sports ground and show him how long is 60m.  He said he will run 60m and only the top 8 boys can go for the final.

I saw the 20 words but my boy told me dictation is only up to the 12th (may be this is his wish / dream).  Glad that we have 2 days off on Sep 30 and Oct 1.

My boy has not yet finished the textbook and workbook exercises up to Ch 10.  Have to hurry up.

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-26 20:19 發表
Monkeydad

10th Oct 有 Maths Quiz

下週假期我可要好好與仔女溫書.

作者: WD40    時間: 08-10-1 15:52

係呀!我0岩 0岩都同阿仔溫習 dictation。聽佢講話要默晒果20個生字。

我都想clarify Math Quiz 範圍是否 ch 1 - ch 10?

其實好多人話smc唔谷,但我覺得都開始谷谷地!所以大家努力呀!

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-9-26 20:19 發表
Monkeydad

10th Oct 有 Maths Quiz

下週假期我可要好好與仔女溫書.

作者: 一家三口    時間: 08-10-1 16:09

原帖由 WD40 於 08-10-1 15:52 發表

你地今年同我地去年p1已經有唔同la. 我地去年10月才dictation. 約每月一次咋. 數學quiz 全個學期大約有5-6次. gs quiz 約4-5次.

英文dictation 真係唔算谷, 去年全年都係默生字, 冇默過句子呀.

[ 本帖最後由 一家三口 於 08-10-1 16:50 編輯 ]
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-1 19:57

WD40,

Yes the Maths quiz is from Ch 1 to Ch 10 - per what my boy had written down and info from intranet.

原帖由 WD40 於 08-10-1 15:52 發表

作者: WD40    時間: 08-10-1 20:49

TQ.

Hey, should you know if any photos of sport day will be uploaded in the intranet for parents to view and to download?   

As per my boy said, students of p.1 rather enjoyed the sport day wor~

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-1 19:57 發表
WD40,

Yes the Maths quiz is from Ch 1 to Ch 10 - per what my boy had written down and info from intranet.

作者: sara    時間: 08-10-2 10:05

我個女跑步入左final,不過到跑final時,有個同學跑左佢條線,後來佢跑最尾!我老公都有去,佢話個女仲同PE老師講添!
我返到屋企都有讚佢跑得好,but佢就成日諗住自己跑最尾.....
希望佢振作D啦....
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-2 15:30

Monkeydad

I am happy to tell you that the P3 Girl who took the No.9 school bus, will not take the school bus from today, since she will join the Homework club after school.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-1 19:57 發表
WD40,

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-2 23:43

HKQQbaby,

No wonder I found there were fewer students on the bus - quite a number of empty seats.  Then your twins will arrive home earlier la.

Today I found the completed pages after pg 38 of my boy's Maths textbook were erased.

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-10-2 15:30 發表
Monkeydad

I am happy to tell you that the P3 Girl who took the No.9 school bus, will not take the school bus from today, since she will join the Homework club after school.

作者: sara    時間: 08-10-3 23:35

你地收到星際探險閱讀計劃小冊子嗎? 坦白講,要在兩個月內睇40本書,換句話說, 即一星期要看5本書, 對我來說有一些壓力....因為幼稚園時的書很薄,看一本只需10分鐘,......但小學的書比較多字,要一天看一本要花頗多時間.....而且我覺得只是重量而不重質, 實在太難與小朋友分享閱讀心得了.....
作者: G-Ma    時間: 08-10-3 23:57

如果睇唔哂40本都唔緊要架, 學校只係鼓勵小朋友多D閱讀, 唔係硬性規定一D要睇咁多.

其實我都覺得質量重要過數量, 如果夾硬睇一D簡單既書揍夠數, 咁就無咩意義.  不過小朋友係小息, 午飯後都有時間睇書, 一星期都可以睇到幾本既.
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-4 10:12

Sara,

I thought it was quite tough for P1 at the beginning.  However, I think it may be the school's objective to encourage kids to read more when I stepped back.  This sets the target for the kids.

Besides, we can have a mix - both difficult and easy ones.  The purposes are (1) to encourage them to read and be able to recognize some words as well as (2) to widen their knowledge.  Thus, I will choose a mix including those less interesting topics such as stories of the Great Men and Women like Newton, Nintingale, Helen Keller, Wright Brothers, Watt... as well as those funny themes like Three Little Pigs, Disney stories...

The language ability of my boy is not that good and I have to accompany him to do the reading and let him bring the book to school to read by himself (not sure??) for memory recall.
作者: sara    時間: 08-10-4 10:52

G-MA & MONKEYDAD,
其實我同個女每日都有睇書,係睇e.g.親子故事一百篇 or成語一日一篇之類既書,如果要一定睇d好薄而無故事性&無教育意味的書,就真係失去左個意義啦!
我個女講到好似功課咁一定要做,所以我諗我都要適應下!
如果叫我個女在學校小息 & lunch自動自覺睇,我諗都有d難度啦.....希望遲d得啦....
作者: 一家三口    時間: 08-10-4 11:12

原帖由 sara 於 08-10-4 10:52 發表
G-MA & MONKEYDAD,
其實我同個女每日都有睇書,係睇e.g.親子故事一百篇 or成語一日一篇之類既書,如果要一定睇d好薄而無故事性&無教育意味的書,就真係失去左個意義啦!
我個女講到好似功課咁一定要做,所以我諗我都要適 ...

sara,

今年真係同去年好唔同, 還記得上年係2月才開始中文閱讀計劃. 其實唔一定要完成40本書.而頭十位小朋友, 還有一個"小書蟲"奬章作鼓勵呀.

[ 本帖最後由 一家三口 於 08-10-4 11:16 編輯 ]
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-4 11:28

Sara,

In this stage, I have to read to my boy and make him learn and read the repeated words.  I think this should be an on-going process, not just last for 2 months, hoping that he can eventually read by himself la.

I would take reading one chapter of the Great Chinese Novels (kid's version, 3-4 pages full of words) such as 三国演义 as one book given its rich content and each chapter can stand out as a story.

I have sought advice from an education specialist (teaching education in CU) who told me that the reading campaign may be just the school's objective to develop the kids' reading habit.  She also advised to do what we can (at both parents and kids level) and to read in a relax mode as quality is more important than quantity.

Don't put a lot of pressure on yourself.  Reading is fun.  Finish reading 40 books in 2 months time is tough.  Let's try our best la.
作者: ChapmanMa    時間: 08-10-4 14:24

Hi monkeydad & Sara, recently I read books with my son every day.  To encourage his interests to read book initiatively, I will set an interesting alarm ring in my mobile at 8:30pm every night. When my son hear my mobile's alram ring, he will know this is the time for "parents-son-reading time".  It works up till now... you may try this method.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-4 11:28 發表
Sara,

In this stage, I have to read to my boy and make him learn and read the repeated words.  I think this should be an on-going process, not just last for 2 months, hoping that he can eventually re ...

作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-4 17:00

Monkeydad

我買了四本(1套) 的兒童學成語, 每天臨睡前與他們讀一篇(即一個成語故事). 先用中文解說,再用普通話照書讀,這樣讓他們易明白故事內容,又可認少少中文字. 最後可記得一個"四字成語". 雖只有兩板字,也需花20-30分鐘. 有時他們都太困了,說想睡覺.

由此我會盡量讀40篇成語故事,不是40本書.
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-4 18:36

HKQQbaby,

I finished reading two books for my boy - one Disney story and the story of Helen Keller (the blind and deaf writer / social worker).  The Disney story is relatively simple and I taught my boy to recognize the words while the story of Helen Keller is a bit difficult in context of relatively lengthy content and I taught him the success of that Great Lady.

You are right.  It is quite time consuming (on parents) as he is not yet able to read by himself.  I will try my best la.
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-9 16:29

HKQQbaby,

Mr Gaffney has written dictation on his homework diary.  

He said that there is dictation again on the 20 words they already dictated but he does not know when will it take place.  Is that because he did most of the words wrong that he has to re-do again?  I am very puzzling as he did most on those correct on Sunday???????????
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-9 18:55

Monkeydad

My girl said your son could not write two words only (special & shower). Why will he re-do dictation again? I think you should phone Mr Gaffney directly for the reason tomorrow.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-9 16:29 發表
HKQQbaby,

Mr Gaffney has written dictation on his homework diary.  

He said that there is dictation again on the 20 words they already dictated but he does not know when will it take place.  Is that ...

作者: bblaw    時間: 08-10-9 20:50

[Dear mons,
Any comment SMC vs Tsung Tsin
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-9 23:13

HKQQbaby,

I just found he missed the GS writing.  I was out for dinner.  I checked the intranet before I left at 18:30 but this was not posted yet.

He also told me he did not write two words (I thought it was face and dark per his performance on sunday).

I did call Mr Gaffney at around 16:30 but could not reach him.

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-10-9 18:55 發表
Monkeydad

My girl said your son could not write two words only (special & shower). Why will he re-do dictation again? I think you should phone Mr Gaffney directly for the reason tomorrow.

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-10 19:33

HKQQbaby,

Did you note of the two stickers on the back of the homework diary?  These are the passwords for entering into two on-line homework sites - one is for Chinese comprehension and the other is for English.

The school has less writing and copying but quite a lot of  optional "qualitative" homework - reading, on-line exercises...  It is not an easy task to follow all la.

I finally talked to Mr G.  He told me that my boy made 8 out of 20 for the first time and thus had to re-do.  He made 19 correct then.  Interesting - I revised the words with him on sunday and he got almost all correct but made 8 on Monday.  I had not done anything last night but he made 19 correct today (5 days from the last revision).
作者: pink-l    時間: 08-10-10 23:44

Monkeydad,

No worry, if so that means your son knows all those 20 words but he may a little bit not accustum to the dictation atmosphere. I guess he is very much on track and will obtain a good result next time.

Do you know they will take the 1st or the 2nd result in the assessment?
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-11 00:09

pink-l,

I think the assessment is on-going.

School handbook indicates first term break in mid Nov.  Thus, I would expect there may be regrouping afterwards.
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-11 21:44

Monkeydad

Thank you for your reminder for the note of stickers on the back of homework diary. I will try it with my babies.

你仔仔可能未掌握dictation技巧, 故我常提醒仔仔做題前一定先看題(尤其Maths)不要拿起筆就做, 遇有不會的不要僵持,繼續做下一題,... 希望你仔仔下次考得更好. 

我仔女被安排到交通安全隊.

你記得下週二放學要自己接放學(cambridge courses).

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-10 19:33 發表
HKQQbaby,

Did you note of the two stickers on the back of the homework diary?  These are the passwords for entering into two on-line homework sites - one is for Chinese comprehension and the other is ...

作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-11 22:02

bblaw

Tsung Tsin, 國際班師資 與SM有點類似:多外籍老師, 有外文(French Japanese)學 
Tsung Tsin 英文班與其它私校類似:
1) 少net
2)所有課外活動需交費 (SM有些免費)
3)功課, dictation 比SM多

原帖由 bblaw 於 08-10-9 20:50 發表
[Dear mons,
Any comment SMC vs Tsung Tsin

作者: bblaw    時間: 08-10-11 23:59

Dear mons,
How can I know thw fee and route of school bus. When do the pick up time?
I live in Yau Tong
作者: AaronMa    時間: 08-10-12 10:24

Is the grouping (G1/G2/G3 for Chi/Eng/Maths) only applicable to junior primary students?  And where dothe children go to attend lessons?  As far as I know, SMC only has 30 classrooms so it's just enough for 2 classes for primary and 3 classes for secondary..
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-12 10:45

bblaw

You can phone to school bus Mr.Tsuil (mobile 90175048) for the bus fee and pick up time.

原帖由 bblaw 於 08-10-11 23:59 發表
Dear mons,
How can I know thw fee and route of school bus. When do the pick up time?
I live in Yau Tong

作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-16 09:07

monkeydad

我發覺Baby自從要每天上網做每日一篇(Chinese, English & PTH).後 真得時間不夠用, 因他們放學到家已4點半, 還要做功課.
作者: sara    時間: 08-10-16 09:20

所以我d on-line reading program已經被我當作有時間先做既功課....我唔想俾自己太大壓力! 我個女係自己開電腦做,我已經唔係成日陪佢做啦....
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-16 10:18

HKQQbaby / sara,

I know about English and 每日一篇 and have managed to complete on time.  My boy is quite interested in doing these.

I am not aware of PTH exercise.  When do we have to start and what is the volume?

This is quite a lot to us (my boy and me) in addition to the Chinese reading program.  I learnt from BK that there will be the English reading program too - 15 books + reports by Dec.
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-16 15:01

monkeydad

PTH exercise - Largest sticker on the back of Homework diary (現代中國語文)1

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-16 10:18 發表
HKQQbaby / sara,

I know about English and 每日一篇 and have managed to complete on time.  My boy is quite interested in doing these.

I am not aware of PTH exercise.  When do we have to start and wha ...

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-17 09:09

HKQQbaby,

I find it not easy to follow through all the school optional homework.  I am afraid my boy cannot catch up if fail to do so.

He learn 5 words every alternate day but cannot remember all after a few days.  He can read but not spell.  I have to repeat and repeat revising with him.  This would be quite tough when he learns more.

For the Chinese passage, he may learn a few new words each day, but again he may not remember, recognize and re-write.

I do not know what should be for P1 as all schools accelerate the syllabus.
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-25 13:22

monkeydad

我問過SM: 10th Nov to 18th Nov 中午放學時間:12:15pm, no lunch provided,
10th Nov - 14th Nov, P1-assessment
If do assessment in paper, 無讀題 無解題
我覺得評估與考試不是一樣嗎? 只是評估會看平時成績,不是一試定生死???

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-17 09:09 發表
HKQQbaby,

I find it not easy to follow through all the school optional homework.  I am afraid my boy cannot catch up if fail to do so.

He learn 5 words every alternate day but cannot remember all af ...

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-25 13:33

HKQQbaby,

You message is quite scary ah.  I thought P1 will have classes as usual during the assessment week.
作者: 一家三口    時間: 08-10-25 14:05

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-10-25 13:22 發表
monkeydad

我問過SM: 10th Nov to 18th Nov 中午放學時間:12:15pm, no lunch provided,
10th Nov - 14th Nov, P1-assessment
If do assessment in paper, 無讀題 無解題
我覺得評估與考試不是一樣嗎? 只是評估會看 ...

去年評估期間, 只有中文科考吓普通話口試, 其他科目係不用做paper, 就算平時quiz, 老師都會讀題目....
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-25 14:40

monkeydad

這是我今早打電話去SM, 接電話的姐姐答覆我有關10 Nov - 18 Nov 的安排. 不過我沒有問哪些科有筆試,哪些考口試.
Next week, I will phone Ms Chan for the arrangement of assessment. Then I tell you the information.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-25 13:33 發表
HKQQbaby,

You message is quite scary ah.  I thought P1 will have classes as usual during the assessment week.

作者: bblaw    時間: 08-10-25 23:48

一家三口
Thank you for u Pm.
Today , I see a British. They discuss the school interview. The British applied SMC, but she is rejected cos the little girl said to her Aunt that she do not know Chinese,so fail. I am very suprised SMC do not must accept all non-Chinese to enhance the famous. And the foreigner choose SMC . That mean SMC become famous
作者: 一家三口    時間: 08-10-26 08:17

原帖由 bblaw 於 08-10-25 23:48 發表
一家三口
Thank you for u Pm.
Today , I see a British. They discuss the school interview. The British applied SMC, but she is rejected cos the little girl said to her Aunt that she do not know Chinese, ...

bblaw,

我都聽聞一位韓國家長, 她們說流利 english, 但今年插班小二都係waiting list. 學校解釋說 , 學校唔可以收生超過20% non-chinese 喎.

[ 本帖最後由 一家三口 於 08-10-26 08:18 編輯 ]
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-26 11:59

bblaw & 一家三口

我認為外籍人士子女雖然英語好好, 但可能因為他們不是持有HKID (即非香港人) 而被直資和津,官校拒收生.(始終該類學校受香港政府資助,用我們納稅人的錢) 但私校就例外(因屬自負盈虧, 不涉及政府資助)
例如: 菲傭及其他外籍人士,如只取得香港工作簽證,他的子女(非香港出生)雖穫得入境許可,我想他們是不能在香港讀直資和津,官校.

原帖由 bblaw 於 08-10-25 23:48 發表
一家三口
Thank you for u Pm.
Today , I see a British. They discuss the school interview. The British applied SMC, but she is rejected cos the little girl said to her Aunt that she do not know Chinese, ...

[ 本帖最後由 HKQQbaby 於 08-10-26 13:50 編輯 ]
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-26 14:27

HKQQbaby,

Just learnt from another mammy that the GS quiz will be postphoned to Oct 31.  Please see the school intranet.

Besides, the Maths homework for G2 posted on the web (on Oct 25) is WB pg 29 -33 (not till pg 31 written on the homework diary).
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-27 09:06

Monkeydad

Why GZ quiz is postphoned to Oct 31? 是否範圍擴大 不只Ch 1-4?
否則早點考更好, 越學越多更難.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 08-10-26 14:27 發表
HKQQbaby,

Just learnt from another mammy that the GS quiz will be postphoned to Oct 31.  Please see the school intranet.

Besides, the Maths homework for G2 posted on the web (on Oct 25) is WB pg 29  ...

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-27 09:45

HKQQbaby,

I don't know why it is suddenly postphoned.  This may be to avoid dictation and GS quiz on the same day - I heard some parents had lodged the complaints.  

To be frank, SMC is less demanding for P1 comparing to traditional schools.  Our kids have to learn getting used to being squeezed as this is life.  The earlier they learn, the better they would be, though it is definitely not fun for us as parents.
作者: pink-l    時間: 08-10-27 12:08

Monkeydad,

Exactly, when compare with other school like Yau Tin and Yin Wah, our workload is just peanut. If the quize is on Mon, then we can review with our kids on Sun,  sometime like us working mum not sure if we can come back early during weekdays or we may go for trip that even worse to us.
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-27 13:12

Pink-l,

You get a point here.  This may be the reason that dictation is usually taken place on Monday.  If so, the teachers are quite considerate, particularly to those working mothers.

Which group is your kid in, boy / girl?
作者: HKQQbaby    時間: 08-10-27 18:56

monkeydad

This afternoon, I contacted Ms Chan (P1G2), she said no assessment for P1 students on 10 Nov - 18 Nov. They will take the class for half day.

Next Term(after Nov) P1 students will have Chinese dictation.

因平時中文堂已有普通話口語練習,故暫無須口試,且他們課堂已就中文課本,普通話課本及高校識字做不少練習,課堂練習當平時成績.

原帖由 HKQQbaby 於 08-10-25 14:40 發表
monkeydad

這是我今早打電話去SM, 接電話的姐姐答覆我有關10 Nov - 18 Nov 的安排. 不過我沒有問哪些科有筆試,哪些考口試.
Next week, I will phone Ms Chan for the arrangement of assessment. Then I tell you  ...

作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-27 19:11

HKQQbaby,

I will make use of the assessment week to help my boy revising what he has learnt.

He has been progressing quite well.  He now knows what is going on in the class and is aware of what he has to do and by when.
作者: monkeydad    時間: 08-10-27 20:30

HKQQbaby,

Do you find your kids learn a lot of spanish in recent two lessons - 10 colors + sunday...saturday today and number 1 to 12 + 8 animals last week.

My boy remembered some and forgot some.  I find this link quite useful -
http://www.spanishdict.com/translate/martes#

But it may be too late as it is about to finish.  Anyway, this may be good for those taking Spanish in the next term or perhaps for us in P2.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5