教育王國

標題: Victoria PN Interview [打印本頁]

作者: nancytnf    時間: 09-2-28 00:21     標題: Victoria PN Interview

有無人知家長同校方教師會面的group discussion時段是否會計分?因為朋友話會有老師在場內mark低對家長的評價.但通知信就話係家長自由參加,都唔知掂?
作者: 四隻貓    時間: 09-2-28 13:13

我剛interview 回來, 我正正坐在副校長身邊, 我見她只會寫下每位家長所問的問題, 沒有mark 其他野. 副校長亦重申,這時段是不會計分 , 只是想大家互相了解, 交流意見.
作者: cay12366    時間: 09-2-28 20:36

Anyone went to the Belcher campus?  I was told that the notice board has posted how many students they will take for PN.  I forgot to go see it.  Anyone can share?  Thanks.
作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-2-28 22:18

del.............

[ 本帖最後由 Eclipse_2006 於 09-2-28 22:22 編輯 ]
作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-2-28 22:21

作者: Goldbabe    時間: 09-2-28 22:26

Eclipse_2006, did your baby do well at the interview?  i've learned that he studied there for playgroup.

原帖由 Eclipse_2006 於 09-2-28 22:21 發表

作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-2-28 22:50

Not very well. (a bit disappointed)  My boy is very sensitive to changes.  Today, the classroom is not the one he usually attends, the teachers are not those he familiar with.  He was so curious and nervous that he used most of his time make observations of the environment and other children and didn't pay much attention to the class.

Last lesson, his teacher just praised him before the class that he was well performed and he should not have problem to pass the interview.   

Anyway, my son is a good observer, always think before act, need a long long warm-up time.  This type of character make him perform poorly in all kindergarten interviews.  Ishould not blame him.  The positive side is he learns thing quickly and always behave well at home.  

I should not be greedy.  God is fair to everybody.

原帖由 Goldbabe 於 09-2-28 22:26 發表
Eclipse_2006, did your baby do well at the interview?  i've learned that he studied there for playgroup.

作者: Goldbabe    時間: 09-2-28 23:40

me too. . . my bb  is very sensitive to new faces, she started to cry when the teacher approached her.   i'm afraid she'll fail in all interviews.   

原帖由 Eclipse_2006 於 09-2-28 22:50 發表
Not very well. (a bit disappointed)  My boy is very sensitive to changes.  Today, the classroom is not the one he usually attends, the teachers are not those he familiar with.  He was so curious and n ...

作者: KeiB    時間: 09-2-28 23:57

Hi Eclipse_2006,

My girl is the same as your boy.  She behaves very well at home and playgroup but NOT at interviews.  She has no reaction at all but only watches around.  I am very apprehensive about her as it seems no use if she can only perform well at the place where she is familiar with and finally no good school admits her.

原帖由 Eclipse_2006 於 09-2-28 10:50 PM 發表
Not very well. (a bit disappointed)  My boy is very sensitive to changes.  Today, the classroom is not the one he usually attends, the teachers are not those he familiar with.  He was so curious and n ...

作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-1 00:08

My plan is if my boy is not admitted by Victoria, I will send him to a not well-known kindergarten nearby.  

Don't worry, not well-known kindergarten not necessary equals to bad quality kindergarten.
作者: elmolly    時間: 09-3-1 00:27

原帖由 KeiB 於 09-2-28 23:57 發表
Hi Eclipse_2006,

My girl is the same as your boy.  She behaves very well at home and playgroup but NOT at interviews.  She has no reaction at all but only watches around.  I am very apprehensive abou ...

exactly my girl's character too! she's normally doing well in all pgs (except the 1st class), and already talking in full sentence, but not saying a word and not even dancing for the music session. I know she's preferctly normal but there's no way she can pass any interview
作者: bowrisvanessa    時間: 09-3-1 00:46

My boy did "fair" in the interview.  But I don't think he can't get into PN too because more than 600 applicants, but only 70 student would admit in 2009/2010.
作者: cupid_joys    時間: 09-3-1 01:01

原帖由 elmolly 於 09-3-1 00:27 發表

exactly my girl's character too! she's normally doing well in all pgs (except the 1st class), and already talking in full sentence, but not saying a word and not even dancing for the music session.  ...

after read this topic and knowing that my daughter is not the only one like this.... my daughter even can read poems in both english and mandarin, but today she just sat on the chair without any words, facial expressions or physical movement... my husband and me were quite upseting after the interview, touchwood if we're failed in this school, we also need to apply others and face the same problems...honestly, we did try many ways such as let her meet more people, attend more gathering, playgroups.... i have no doubt my daughter has a really good learning skills as she is the kind of "excellent" observer too....
作者: chingpa    時間: 09-3-1 01:11

If you think that your kid is good observer, she can succeed in future :D. PN - not so important... cheer UP
作者: bbysh    時間: 09-3-1 01:22

How old are your boys for interviewing??
作者: lamww    時間: 09-3-1 01:23

Me too. My girl already speaks full sentences and love dancing in the playgroup (Victoria). Today, she only willing to say hello and bye, but did nothing other than that. She sat really still during the story time and stood very still too during the dancing session. I am disappointed too. It seems like the interview is quite a competitive one and I don't have the confidence that she will be accepted even she is studying their playgroup now.
作者: elmolly    時間: 09-3-1 01:32

for good "oberserver" like ours, this playgroup-like interview should be easier, coz the reaction is even worse for those one to one interview, don't know about others, but at least true for my little one.
作者: cupid_joys    時間: 09-3-1 01:59

原帖由 elmolly 於 09-3-1 01:32 發表
for good "oberserver" like ours, this playgroup-like interview should be easier, coz the reaction is even worse for those one to one interview, don't know about others, but at least true for my little ...

yes, you are right... can't imagine how tough in one to one interview, especially if we meet the interviewer who is the "observe-type" too, with no smile and looks very serious ... and just give you and your little one to answer all questions in 3 MINS ( it's true that heard from other topics).... oh my god! my nightmares came already!!
作者: vvnpo    時間: 09-3-1 06:20

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: stinkyrabbit111    時間: 09-3-1 08:03     標題: 回y覆 # 的文章

wow~~ pushing their children towards the front....I think they will have marks deducted, coz itn't that all the children should be sitting down during story time??  There are teachers observing during the interview, I am sure they can pick this up!

The kids in my our group were OK, I don't think I experience these problem....in fact, I can say everyone were quite polite & gentle...do you guys think they put kids similar age in the same group during the interview?

I think my girl perform OK (according to her age), but since she is a small girl (12/07), I don't think she has a very high chance...
作者: hihicathk    時間: 09-3-1 09:55

Dear all

My daugher had the interiew in HG and she took the PG since last Oct.  She performed excellent on the class in last Sat (open day) even though facing with the new teacher.  I was so glad and hoped she can do the same in the interview. Unfortunately not...

She sat quietly during the story time and she did dance a bit in the dancing session.  

When the teacher approached her for a chat, she didn't said anything and played on her own.   

But I did talked with the teacher a lot!! Did u guy talked with the teacher???

But don't worry about your baby age.  Victoria has a very good mechanism.  The class was separated by their ages as they know that child can perform differently because on their ages.  So, they have distingish their class depending on their ages.  

In that case, even though you child is younger, it is not a problem for getting a seat or not...
作者: iceymama    時間: 09-3-1 10:10

My boy acted poorly during interview.
He wanted to leave the room and go out to play the train when he saw the door.
He has no interest in the story time and singing time. During singing time, he ran away and played the toys.   I don’t think he can get in Victoria.

My son exactly same as Eclipse "a good observer, always think before act, need a long long warm-up time."  He acts very well at home  and very talkative but not in school.

原帖由 Eclipse_2006 於 09-2-28 22:50 發表

[ 本帖最後由 iceymama 於 09-3-1 16:34 編輯 ]
作者: boboT    時間: 09-3-1 10:43

九成係大陸人啦.
原帖由 vvnpo 於 09-3-1 06:20 發表
My boy also did not do well at the interview.  He was "idle" at both story time and song and dancing time.  I was not happy of his performance but I was more upset by other parents at the same intervi ...

作者: elmolly    時間: 09-3-1 10:51

My boy also did not do well at the interview.  He was "idle" at both story time and song and dancing time.  I was not happy of his performance but I was more upset by other parents at the same intervi ...

I went to the parent's meeting myself, some parents really trying to please the school, like Victoria is really the teaching style they like.. bla bla bla,  even it was just really a discussion:;pppp:
作者: stinkyrabbit111    時間: 09-3-1 11:48

I did not go to the meeting ah...... coz originally I book to go the meeting, I then went into interview with my daughter...when I came out, the meeting had already started like 15mins before!!! There is no way I can go in, so I asked for a re-scheduling of the meeting time, the receptionist said the next session is already full. I tried to book for the session after that, the receptionist said they have to reserve some seats for the other parents!  But then she re-assure me (a few times, because I looked sooo worried like it is the end of the world, hahaha, i asked her a few times 咁點算呀?!) that the meeting is optional, and really doen't matter whether you go or not.  It is just time for parents to ask the principle questions.  At last, I felt relieved and the whole family went home..
作者: meganwan    時間: 09-3-1 12:39

我哋喺天后嗰問,,我覺得佢個 classroom 好寬落,每固小朋友都可以清楚睇到storybook同老師,你去邊間?

作者: racoy    時間: 09-3-1 13:03

我想問君匯港個間分校收幾多人?因為個表我睇唔到?
另外佢地8月開學,我見佢地個網講1歲8個月都已經可以讀pre-nursery係唔係即係8月開學時未夠2歲都讀得架?如果係,點解其他學校唔得既?
作者: chankafu    時間: 09-3-1 13:08

我尋日晌何文田個campus interview, 因為係其中一個家長session最後報果一個, 所以被安排坐晌老師既右邊 (1-12, 左邊由1開始如此類推)

我見到老師手上有一份score sheet, 上面已經貼晒所有小朋友既名, 一頁有六格 (六個小朋友).  每一格上面有幾個item比分, 我記得有: 誠意度, 了解教學理念 (仲有兩個唔記得), 四個分下面仲有一個好specific 既 - "No response"

三十分鐘入面, 佢冇mark過分, 不過唔知我地走左之後佢有冇咁做.... 如果真係唔計分, 咁我又真係想知佢整d咁既嘢黎做乜
作者: racoy    時間: 09-3-1 14:25

你係in 邊間分校
作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-1 14:49

個表click入去會放大.

君匯港: 上午 48人.  下午 48人.

原帖由 racoy 於 09-3-1 13:03 發表
我想問君匯港個間分校收幾多人?因為個表我睇唔到?
另外佢地8月開學,我見佢地個網講1歲8個月都已經可以讀pre-nursery係唔係即係8月開學時未夠2歲都讀得架?如果係,點解其他學校唔得既? ...

作者: elmolly    時間: 09-3-1 15:11

原帖由 chankafu 於 09-3-1 13:08 發表
我尋日晌何文田個campus interview, 因為係其中一個家長session最後報果一個, 所以被安排坐晌老師既右邊 (1-12, 左邊由1開始如此類推)

我見到老師手上有一份score sheet, 上面已經貼晒所有小朋友既名, 一頁有六格 ( ...

wow, 咁我一定無分
作者: elbb    時間: 09-3-1 15:37

Sam like you, my son is very good at his playgroup but he had no interest at the dancing part and just went away and play by his own

elbb

原帖由 iceymama 於 09-3-1 10:10 發表
My boy acted poorly during interview.
He wanted to leave the room and go out to play the train when he saw the door.
He has totally no interest on the story time and singing time.
During singing tim ...

作者: racoy    時間: 09-3-1 16:03

原帖由 Eclipse_2006 於 09-3-1 14:49 發表
個表click入去會放大.

君匯港: 上午 48人.  下午 48人.

唔該哂.其實我想問佢地既 nursey係唔係等於人地既k 1

同埋入左pre-nursey 係唔係肯定可以直升k1
作者: chingpa    時間: 09-3-1 16:15

So many 大陸人, then Victoria still good??
作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-1 21:08

Yes to both questions.

原帖由 racoy 於 09-3-1 16:03 發表

唔該哂.其實我想問佢地既 nursey係唔係等於人地既k 1

同埋入左pre-nursey 係唔係肯定可以直升k1

作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-1 21:10

Why did you say so?

原帖由 chingpa 於 09-3-1 16:15 發表

作者: vvnpo    時間: 09-3-1 21:42

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: racoy    時間: 09-3-1 22:15

其實victoria係唔係真係咁好?定出名only?我都有諗過如果佢收既話,係唔係真係會讀,因為要成$4200一個月,真係一d都唔平,你地點睇
作者: bowrisvanessa    時間: 09-3-1 22:34

原帖由 elmolly 於 09-3-1 10:51 發表

I went to the parent's meeting myself, some parents really trying to please the school, like Victoria is really the teaching style they like.. bla bla bla,  even it was just really a discussion:;ppp ...

yeah....I met this kind of parents too!!  Sigh!!
作者: bowrisvanessa    時間: 09-3-1 22:39

原帖由 chankafu 於 09-3-1 13:08 發表

我見到老師手上有一份score sheet, 上面已經貼晒所有小朋友既名, 一頁有六格 ( ...

我都見到有幾張score sheet, 副校長都有mark啲remark上某啲家長, 但佢話只係for her own reference!  我都相信有可能計分, 如果唔係, 唔需要整張計分紙, 求其mark咗邊個家長到咪得囉!!
作者: hihicathk    時間: 09-3-1 22:51

totally 96...

原帖由 racoy 於 09-3-1 13:03 發表
我想問君匯港個間分校收幾多人?因為個表我睇唔到?
另外佢地8月開學,我見佢地個網講1歲8個月都已經可以讀pre-nursery係唔係即係8月開學時未夠2歲都讀得架?如果係,點解其他學校唔得既? ...

作者: hihicathk    時間: 09-3-1 23:31

Frankly, I never met any mainland Chinese in Victoria during the interviews and the playgroup....  

原帖由 chingpa 於 09-3-1 16:15 發表

作者: chingpa    時間: 09-3-1 23:39

I did see so many :)
I think many rich mainland chinese bring their kids and study in HK.

To be honest, I saw many parents very unhappy when their kids didn't perform well. If I were their kid, i must feel be hurted. I think all parents want to give the best of the best to their kids, but the unhappy face already hurted their kids before they give the best of the best to them....
My kid performance is bad.. but I have no unhappy as I know he can't control himself, he is still too small. Parents, don't be unhappy. Show your happy face in front of your kids every moment. :D

原帖由 hihicathk 於 09-3-1 23:31 發表
Frankly, I never met any mainland Chinese in Victoria during the interviews and the playgroup....  

作者: racoy    時間: 09-3-2 00:13

我都無見到大陸人wo.....
作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-2 07:59

Yes, me too.

Chingpa,
Just wonder which branch of Victoria did you see so many mainland Chinese people.  And, how did you know they are mainland Chinese?  They were speaking Putonghua?

原帖由 hihicathk 於 09-3-1 23:31 發表

作者: stinkyrabbit111    時間: 09-3-2 08:44

I didn't see a lot of  大陸人 either.....i think there are a lot of them these days everywhere, in all good schools anyway....
作者: charmmykitty    時間: 09-3-2 09:36

您哋唔好咁緊張啦!無疑,Victoria 係一間好好嘅學校,但學位真係有限,唔係每個人都可以入讀。仲有其他好的學校我哋可以選擇。

其實您哋每個都係好盡責,好好的父母,即使佢哋可能不會入讀最心儀的學校,您哋的仔女將來的發展一定唔會差。

我bb都有去interview,表現一般。不過,咁又唔代表bb會差過其他人(面試時間很短,很多情況莫說是只有1歲多的bb,就連我們都未必可以控制得到。)

事實上,學習有很多方法和機會,最重要的是「家庭教育」,bb最長時間係在屋企學習,而我地永遠係bb最好的「老師」。學校只是其中一個學習地方而已。所以無論結果如何,大家盡了力而為,就心安理得。

只要我哋唔忽略家庭的教育,bb都可以好好地學習。大家繼續努力啊!
作者: 碟碟    時間: 09-3-2 10:52

Same case here....我個女係北角個間見, 我個group的家長 佢地story time完全攝晒的位, 有的小朋友直情入唔到去聽故事,人地叫小朋友坐地下, 有個肥太太抱住個仔坐佢大脾霸住前面, 到跳舞做體操時又迫住其他人, 好啦,到最後去攞公仔, 咁我叫個女自己去攞,佢行好快,我跟係佢後面(因為個刻好混亂, 的人走來走去,個位又好窄,周圍又有的枱枱椅椅...),突然O個個肥太太係我隔離話"咲吔小姐呀.."...我唔知發生咩事, 但係我阿女對白鞋仔已經比人踩到黑晒 , 嗰個肥太太仲黑晒面"啤"住我...

好啦出到去, 佢第一時間同的家人指手劃腳, 話我推佢個小朋友  (我一手攞住file,一手攞住手袋, 都唔知邊度有多隻手推佢個仔,而且當時我唔覺得自己個人有蹱到野, 亦無小朋友叫/跌低), 但係事後我諗番可能佢覺得我追前擋左佢既有利位置吧....但嗰刻我都仲有走去同佢講聲唔好意思,我話如果頭先我有推到你個小朋友都係無心之失,點知佢眼厲厲+藐咀藐舌咁行開左......個刻我覺得好唔開心, 第一,我無做過比人屈, 再者我唔明點解的人點可以咁無禮貌....同埋如果好彩學校收左我同佢既小朋友....阿女就要同的咁既人既小朋友做同學......我知大家都好緊張自己個小朋友, 想佢入到好既學校,但係我覺得做父母既身教重要啲,如果唔係小朋友就算入到點好既學校都無用.....

作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-2 12:26

其實想入出名幼稚園其中一個好重要既原因, 係想小朋友同d有質素既小朋友一起, 培養出溫文儒雅既性情.  如果你所講果位肥太太既小朋友都收, 咁我會好驚.  

好彩 so far 我仔讀 維記 playgroup 果班小朋友都唔錯.  你知小朋友見物學物.  

我之前試過返一間 playgroup, 有個小朋友成日掃玩具落地, 又喜歡打人.  我個仔學埋佢係屋企掃玩具落地, 我用左好耐時間, 先改到我個仔呢個壞習慣!  
作者: peggywpk111    時間: 09-3-2 12:26

I think the teachers already know that the behaviour of the children in the interview may not be the same at home. Every children are nearly the same. If you are the teachers, how do you choose?
Of course, the other MAIN factor is the background of parents. Basically, there is no FORMAL interview for parents, but surely, they have. When?
It is during the interview. As I have observed that the teachers talked to some parents a lot and spend little time on others. They even know each other very well. Maybe they already have their targets before the interview. Others are just 陪跑

Besides, some quota are already reserved by those who have relationships, so, there is not much left for others.
作者: siupeg    時間: 09-3-2 13:45

我女女係 in 何文田, 表現尚算 ok. 同日早上亦 in 了黃埔 William 今日已收到 admit 信. 今週等 victoria 消息後再決定選邊間. 我老公就喜歡 victoria...我就覺得貴左 d.
作者: joyhk    時間: 09-3-2 14:52

原帖由 siupeg 於 09-3-2 13:45 發表
我女女係 in 何文田, 表現尚算 ok. 同日早上亦 in 了黃埔 William 今日已收到 admit 信. 今週等 victoria 消息後再決定選邊間. 我老公就喜歡 victoria...我就覺得貴左 d. ...

Is william a good school? why you pick william ? my daughter is accepted by william too. It was referred by my friend she said many native speak tecahers in there.
作者: starfish    時間: 09-3-2 14:59

I agree, I have interviewed in the HH, some parents even grasp toys (fr other BB) for their own boy and one even push other BB.  I really think that these parents need to be educated.
作者: KITTYbbb    時間: 09-3-2 15:01     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

我係hmt面試。平日有上pg。我係面試前再三問過老師家長面見計唔計分。老師話:「上年就計分。但因為太多家長出席完後話氣氛太緊張、競爭味重,所以今年改為真正既Q &A環節。」
因為咁,我就放心「派」C6入去。佢話啲家長都係問啲好實際既問題,校長一一回答。唔係好似上年我朋友去個種:派3條問題等家長答!
我諗應該唔計分吧!
另想問:物唔係20/3前知結果咩?
作者: siupeg    時間: 09-3-2 15:07

我都係朋友介紹的..因為我個女係細女, 九龍塘 D schools 都係 waiting list, 所以報呢間. 3/7前要比留位費, 依家仲係 15/16. 等 victoria 結果出了才決定. 你呢? 決定左 william?

原帖由 joyhk 於 09-3-2 14:52 發表

Is william a good school? why you pick william ? my daughter is accepted by william too. It was referred by my friend she said many native speak tecahers in there.

作者: siupeg    時間: 09-3-2 15:15

HMT 學校張通告話 3/2 - 3/6 會寄信通知 WOR
作者: starfish    時間: 09-3-2 15:16

I bring my BB girl there, I think I know why she was angry, I see a mum push to the front and knock 3 BBs. So you should say sorry to them instead of calling them 肥太太

原帖由 碟碟 於 09-3-2 10:52 發表
Same case here....我個女係北角個間見, 我個group的家長 佢地story time完全攝晒的位, 有的小朋友直情入唔到去聽故事,人地叫小朋友坐地下, 有個肥太太抱住個仔坐佢大脾霸住前面, 到跳舞做體操時又 ...

作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-2 15:42

I would like to ask how many Victoria staff stayed in the classroom during the group interview.  In my group, apart from the two teachers, there was another man, standing at one corner, observing the children playing.  What was his role?
作者: granddelsol    時間: 09-3-2 15:50

原帖由 siupeg 於 09-3-2 15:15 發表

唔係3月20日咩???!!
作者: 碟碟    時間: 09-3-2 15:51

我想問你見幾點?我見個TEAM得一個肥太太, NOT "THEM" 同埋基本上IN緊時,我同個女全程都企後面/側邊, 我仲記得story time我同個女已經企好後,同埋我地埋到去已經開始左, 周圍都企滿人, 但我見到後面有個小朋友入唔到去我都即刻讓開比佢, 除左IN完攞公仔個PART我個女有走近過去前面, 因為個刻全部大人小朋友都擁上前,我驚個女跌先走左去前面, 正如我個post講,如果佢覺得我個刻阻住佢(個大人), 咁我係囉, 但我無推佢個小朋友,如果話我阻住3個小朋友, 咁我又點會比人話我推佢個小朋友?咁我到底係阻人定推人?

而且我追上前都比其他家長擋住埋唔到去,我個女係老師手上攞到既係尾二個公仔, 因為我個女攞完老師手上只淨低一個公仔,...我諗你攪錯左....

原帖由 starfish 於 09-3-2 15:16 發表
I bring my BB girl there, I think I know why she was angry, I see a mum push to the front and knock 3 BBs. So you should say sorry to them instead of calling them 肥太太

[ 本帖最後由 碟碟 於 09-3-2 16:17 編輯 ]
作者: suee    時間: 09-3-2 16:08

我去君匯港in, 雖然好多人, 不過秩序好好呀, 一班好似得6.7個小朋友, 加一個家長, 聽故事時間都仲有空位wor
有2個女teacher, 有一個唔係幾似teacher, 似普通職員多d, 講故事既係一個外籍男人, 佢又唔似要比分, 我都有d r頭, 究竟佢地用咩準則來決定收生
作者: Kim08    時間: 09-3-2 16:18

actually why is Victoria so popular? What is good about this school please? Can someone share? I know nothing... thanks so much!
作者: BBB2006    時間: 09-3-2 16:24

原帖由 suee 於 09-3-2 16:08 發表
我去君匯港in, 雖然好多人, 不過秩序好好呀, 一班好似得6.7個小朋友, 加一個家長, 聽故事時間都仲有空位wor
有2個女teacher, 有一個唔係幾似teacher, 似普通職員多d, 講故事既係一個外籍男人, 佢又唔似要比分, 我都 ...

我小b 等in 時, 我見d 老師係d小朋友離開後, 坐/圍埋一齊mark落張form 到, 跟住再叫下一個時段既小朋友入去in, 但唔知有無睇錯!
作者: Karie    時間: 09-3-2 16:53

好似係漏咗資料可以响呢段時間補返,例如出世紙
3月20日前就會有書面通知得唔得

原帖由 siupeg 於 09-3-2 15:15 發表

作者: siupeg    時間: 09-3-2 17:15

係 wor, 張紙寫 3/20 前才有信通知..死 la 我印象中記得個 miss 都話 3/2-6 會有信, 未收到可以打電話查詢 tim..唔知係未老人痴呆. 咁無辦法了, 本週內要先比 william 既留位費先. 費時維記唔收時, 又要去再搵學校
作者: joyhk    時間: 09-3-2 18:23

原帖由 siupeg 於 09-3-2 15:07 發表
我都係朋友介紹的..因為我個女係細女, 九龍塘 D schools 都係 waiting list, 所以報呢間. 3/7前要比留位費, 依家仲係 15/16. 等 victoria 結果出了才決定. 你呢? 決定左 william?

I already paid the reserve fee for william. Victoria !! chance is too slim for our normal family.
作者: Martong    時間: 09-3-2 18:31

在另一標題”維多利亞interview回來了”提到除子淇帶女兒到寶翠園分校,我們也見到,因為她胖了點,起初不太認得。我們不奇怪她女兒見維多利亞,畢竟我朋友的小孩也和李超人的長孫女在海怡維多利亞做同學,奇在為甚麼她選寶翠園?

寶翠園在維多利亞體系知名度較低,就算住在寶翠園的朋友也有幾個不知道他們那裏開了一間維多利亞,學校門口在貨車停車場旁邊,不顯眼;有可能千億新抱喜歡它的IB課程吧?!

其實,當天人頭擁擁,我覺得各位BB能夠不哭、大叫,已表現很好了。
作者: racoy    時間: 09-3-2 22:50

我想問victoria 咁多間分校有無話邊間最好?邊間無咁好?君匯港咁新,會唔會比較差小小?
作者: starfish    時間: 09-3-2 23:10

僖僖mama
作者: starfish    時間: 09-3-2 23:17

As a mum, we should be considerate and respect others BBs and Mums.  Famous in Knocking down BBs and call other ladies as Fat Mums (you are also female) in interview will give pressure to your girl if they study in the same school.  Have you think about your own child?  
作者: chingpa    時間: 09-3-2 23:29

I saw many parents who are HK people with mainland chinese people's characters which are scaring me.

原帖由 Eclipse_2006 於 09-3-2 07:59 發表
Yes, me too.

Chingpa,
Just wonder which branch of Victoria did you see so many mainland Chinese people.  And, how did you know they are mainland Chinese?  They were speaking Putonghua?

作者: cay12366    時間: 09-3-2 23:35

For those parents who went to Belcher campus and attended the parents session, can you share if teachers said how many students applied?  My kid had interview in the morning.  There were lots of people there.  I wonder how many rounds of interviews they had that day.....Thanks.
作者: rrgg    時間: 09-3-3 00:02

原帖由 siupeg 於 09-3-2 17:15 發表
係 wor, 張紙寫 3/20 前才有信通知..死 la 我印象中記得個 miss 都話 3/2-6 會有信, 未收到可以打電話查詢 tim..唔知係未老人痴呆. 咁無辦法了, 本週內要先比 william 既留位費先. 費時維記唔收時, 又要去再搵學校 ...

i also paid the 留位費 of William, and waiting for the result of Victoria
作者: stinkyrabbit111    時間: 09-3-3 08:55

我估好多人為咗個小朋友入到心儀的學校, 可能不知不覺都put away the proper manners了.......不過assess果d老師應該都有看在眼裡, 不用擔心...

我想我們錄錄續續會see more of these as we take our child to more and more interviews.....我估間間學校都有......咁又唔代表果間唔係好學校bor.....

原帖由 chingpa 於 09-3-2 23:29 發表
I saw many parents who are HK people with mainland chinese people's characters which are scaring me.

作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-3 09:30

好奇一問, 想小朋友入維記pg既你, 心儀既小學係邊一間?
作者: Martong    時間: 09-3-3 09:42

Total around 250 with the last round at 4 pm
原帖由 cay12366 於 09-3-2 23:35 發表
For those parents who went to Belcher campus and attended the parents session, can you share if teachers said how many students applied?  My kid had interview in the morning.  There were lots of peopl ...

作者: 碟碟    時間: 09-3-3 10:41

starfish,

I wonder why you keep on twisting the words I'd mentioned, slandering me for knocking down BBs and disrespecting to other moms there...I keep on saying that there was just one and only one mom made use of her size to block other BBs & parents during the interview & being impolited to me when I was stuck between she & her kid at the end of interview.

It is amazing that in your eyes those words could be distorted like that and I was the one being rude. Anyhow, I am not going to convince you on anything but please do not say I am not considerate or hurting other moms. If you think the word "肥太太"  is an offense to your eyes, I feel sorry about that but this is what I call that mom here, not at the scene. Fat itself is not a crime & I am not slim neither, I don't mind being called fatty but I do feel upset for being distorted.  If you & your BB were being blocked or knocked down during the interview, you are not alone as I am the one too.

原帖由 starfish 於 09-3-2 23:17 發表
As a mum, we should be considerate and respect others BBs and Mums.  Famous in Knocking down BBs and call other ladies as Fat Mums (you are also female) in interview will give pressure to your girl if ...

作者: starfish    時間: 09-3-3 11:58     標題: Please listen to the truth

僖僖mama

The truth is I was also in AM 9:30 session in HH interview:)  

I saw a lady knock down 3 BBs at her back when her girl was already stood in the front during the singing session.  The mum pushed forwards and knocked 3 BBs at her back (may be not intentional but only too anxious) just to made her girl clip her hands stronger.  And than one of the mum seem a bit unhappy and talk to her friend.  Ms 僖僖mama, other 2 mums not speak to you only because in the interview!!!!:)

I think, as you say, even you yourself don't really know what happened.  Therefore pls stop "making up story" just because that mum show unhappy to you.  I witness, that mum did not block other BB"  Please be fair!!!!!!!  Maybe, this is none of my business, I just really feel unhappy to see your passage if it was the 9:30 session, it is totally the opposite!
作者: hihicathk    時間: 09-3-3 13:31

其實都心大心細... 如果仲係住係本區, 我心儀st mary... 但係因為可能會盂母三遷.. 所以都未有定案...

原帖由 Eclipse_2006 於 09-3-3 09:30 發表
好奇一問, 想小朋友入維記pg既你, 心儀既小學係邊一間?

作者: winwin2    時間: 09-3-3 14:01

starfish,

點解你咁肯定你見到o個個lady係僖僖媽媽?佢好似冇講過佢係in 9:30am?

我只係以事論事, 而且以君匯港為例, 同一時間有成8間房interview, 你又點知你係同佢同一間房同一時間interview?

interview都過左, 大家只係o係度share feeling, 無謂好似要搵真兇咁.
作者: 碟碟    時間: 09-3-3 14:29

starfish,

I have to say all I said was the truth that I know and I didn't make up any story...it looks like that it is now an incident of 羅生門..you are right that everyone in the classroom is very anxious and everyone did push a bit their kids during the interview but my memory tell me that there was no kid behind me during the dancing session (in fact, there were few fathers instead of  moms stood behind me during that session).

And for my session, what I saw was some parents even danced/ shaked their bodies together with their kids and everyone looked  happy even it was really crowded there, and there were really some parent try to make their kids move abit (I am also one of them ) but no one was knocked down.... and to be rational if you are the teacher there, if there was a parent knocked down 3 BBs, do you think you will just watch it happen and do nothing to stop that mom?

If the case you mentioned is the truth, I think parents/ teachers would talked nicely to that mom and ask her to be careful but not just talk to each other, knocked down 3 bbs is really serious and it seems a bit doesn't make sense that no one stop people doing that to others.....

I know I could not make you change your words no matter what I say and stop you from accusing me :( ....but if the case really happen like what you said, please tell "that mom" I am sorry for blocked her way at the round up session and call her fat lady here. But she really blocked my BB not like what you said and what I talked here was just her, not few moms, if you are just witness and not involved, pls do not 抺黑me for calling moms as fat ladies....

原帖由 starfish 於 09-3-3 11:58 發表
僖僖mama

The truth is I was also in AM 9:30 session in HH interview:)  

I saw a lady knock down 3 BBs at her back when her girl was already stood in the front during the singing session.  The mum pu ...

作者: granddelsol    時間: 09-3-3 14:33

Maybe Starfish is the "fat lady" 僖僖媽媽 mentioned lor .... (just kiddings!!)

原帖由 winwin2 於 09-3-3 14:01 發表
starfish,

interview都過左,  ...

作者: eva寶寶    時間: 09-3-3 16:01

STARFISH:

我同僖僖媽媽一齊上過PLAY GROUP,
完全知道她上課時非常斯文有禮!!

如果你一口咬定係僖僖媽做的, 點解當日唔出聲?? 而家件事都過左, 講黎有什麼用??
算吧啦 !
作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-3 20:33

winwin2,

Do you still remember me?  My son is in the same playgroup with your girl.  Did your girl perform well that day?  I hope all the babies in our group can get into PN.

原帖由 winwin2 於 09-3-3 14:01 發表
starfish,

interview都過左,  ...

作者: keteii    時間: 09-3-3 20:57     標題: Interview results?

Anybody got accepted yet ?
作者: winwin2    時間: 09-3-3 21:34

Eclipse_2006,

Yes, I remember you.  Is your son called Jimmy?

My girl did not perform quite well during the interview.  She nearly cried while singing and dancing but luckily she didn't cry out.  She also did not say any words to the teachers, like hi or bye.  However, she can follow the instruction of teachers, like giving things to me.  As most of the girls in my group perform similarly, I really don't know how the teacher assess each one's performance.
作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-3 21:50

not Jimmy, but quite near.....Jxxxy.   
Oh, she was very good already.  I know one boy in our class cried that day (I think he was not feeling well that day.)  He is a good boy and performs well during the class.   

Luck is very important for interview.  

原帖由 winwin2 於 09-3-3 21:34 發表
Eclipse_2006,

Yes, I remember you.  Is your son called Jimmy?

My girl did not perform quite well during the interview.  She nearly cried while singing and dancing but luckily she didn't cry out.  Sh ...

[ 本帖最後由 Eclipse_2006 於 09-3-3 22:18 編輯 ]
作者: iip00    時間: 09-3-3 22:16

apart from observing how the kids perform, i think the teachers were also observing how parents interacted with their children.
e.g. if the kid didn't want to dance, how would his parent help/teach him?

when the kids didn't speak / dance, the teachers will look for other things from us!
作者: hihicathk    時間: 09-3-4 13:30

Did the teachers talked with you guys?  I did talked with both Expat teacher and the local teacher a lot when they appraoch my girl...
作者: siupeg    時間: 09-3-4 13:42

I have not talked with the teachers even though she praised my daughter "clever" during play toy section. I just smiled at her as all the parents in the interview did not talk to the teachers, so I don't want to be outstanding.
作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-4 13:50

She asked about the name of my boy and my boy ignored her (and even turned away from her).   I was embarresed and asked her if this was normal for a 2-yr-old boy that was already attending the pg there.  Was my boy too shy compared to others?  I didn't talked much to her, just answered her questions about my boy.

原帖由 hihicathk 於 09-3-4 13:30 發表
Did the teachers talked with you guys?  I did talked with both Expat teacher and the local teacher a lot when they appraoch my girl...

作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-4 13:56

I don't know why but I just had the feelings that it's the man standing at the corner and watching the kids made evaluations of the kids, not the teachers themselves.

Do you had such a guy in the classroom at the interview?
作者: stinkyrabbit111    時間: 09-3-4 14:01

I didnt' talk to the teachers either, I think this is because my girl is a small girl (12/2007) and they are not interested in her......

during our interview, we had a teacher leading the group, while another 3-4 teachers sat aside and assess the kids and their parents..
作者: siupeg    時間: 09-3-4 14:05

yes, in our interview also has another teacher sitting at the corner who has paper on her hand and watch the whole interview. This teacher should be the one who give points but maybe the other 2 teachers will also give comments after we left the room.
作者: hihicathk    時間: 09-3-4 22:58

Frankly, I didn't approach the teachers but I believe it is a proper manner if someone comes and say Hi so you must response to her, right?

I don't intend to talk a lot but they just don't stop... Finally, I have to stop the teacher by saying I need to take care my girl...

原帖由 hihicathk 於 09-3-4 13:30 發表

作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-5 00:43

That's why I think the two teachers were not responsible for evaluating kids.  They just talked to some parents casually.  But the man standing at the corrner looked very serious and busy at observing every kids.

原帖由 hihicathk 於 09-3-4 22:58 發表
Frankly, I didn't approach the teachers but I believe it is a proper manner if someone comes and say Hi so you must response to her, right?

I don't intend to talk a lot but they just don't stop... Fi ...

作者: Eclipse_2006    時間: 09-3-5 00:49

hihicathk,

I understand your situation.  I talked to the teacher also because my boy was very impolite to turn his face away from the teacher.
作者: Bellab    時間: 09-3-5 04:56

I went through this thread and the whole nterview experience seems so horrible and competitive to me as well as some moms here.  Is it really necessary to go through all this to get our kids into a so-called nice school?  Honestly, I think it is crazy to exert so much pressure on any kids at such a young age solely for the sake of securing a seat in a school which teaches merely some elementary education.
Just my 2 cents.
作者: stinkyrabbit111    時間: 09-3-5 07:51

I totally agree......but sadly this is the reality we have to face, this is the HK situation.......I myself don't like competition, nor do I want my kid to grow up in such an environment.....what I can foresee is, I WILL have to either compete now, or compete in a few years time (when they have to get into primary or secondary).......I think I would rather do this now, when the pain is LESS felt, then have to do it in the future........I really don't want to be one of those on TV every year, parents and kids crying/or queueing in front of a school to  叩門when the primary/secondary 派彩/results come out....

People might just say, send them in any school, 由得他們自由發展....but the reality is....in the future, when they find jobs in the future, believe me, bosses will look at what school they went to ......
I love my kid, if I can do something now, why not...

May be I am just thinking too much & too far!!  But I am sure a lot parents also think this way..

I really wish I can go back overseas to live, where my kid will grow up under much less pressure....free and happy.....unfortunately due to other reasons, we have to stay and sadly forced to play the GAME.....

原帖由 Bellab 於 09-3-5 04:56 發表
I went through this thread and the whole nterview experience seems so horrible and competitive to me as well as some moms here.  Is it really necessary to go through all this to get our kids into a so ...

作者: Flower-kid    時間: 09-3-5 11:11

原帖由 stinkyrabbit111 於 09-3-5 07:51 發表
I totally agree......but sadly this is the reality we have to face, this is the HK situation.......I myself don't like competition, nor do I want my kid to grow up in such an environment.....what I ca ...

I shared with you.... totally agreed!  Very sad ...... but have to live with it.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5