教育王國

標題: Totally disappointed with Kingston [打印本頁]

作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-3-21 23:42     標題: Totally disappointed with Kingston

I had searched here before I let my boy joined Kingston but I couldn't find much information at that time and therefore I had made a very bad decision.  After joining there for almost half a year, we have to withdraw and the experience was very very very bad.  I want to share here to let other parents' know so that they won't repeat my mistake to put your kid to Kingston because after all we finally understand that the actual mission of Kingston is to earn money and they didn't use heart at all to teach your kids.

Here is my experiene.  My boy was originally a very good and gentle boy.  We never hit him and therefore he never learns to hit others.  A few weeks after school started, teacher told us that he hit other kids..it sounded quite strange for us....we asked a few times from teaches if he learned that from school..but the teachers just say nice words saying don't worry, etc.  

Since my boy grows bigger, he started to present himself better and better and we finally understand that he learn to hit others and shut loudly from another  naughty kid in the class.  Since we learned so well about the situation, teachers can't deny anymore...the fact is only that they are fail to control the situation.  In parents day, the teacher even told us it was bad that that naughty boy never got sick?!

Later, I recognize that my boy is not the only one like this.  I agreed with another parents in the class saying that the teachers only try to say nice words to please parents.  The school bascially has NO heart.

In the 2 weeks of Chiense New Year  holiday, my boy suddenly returned back to "normal" and became back a gentle lovely boy and stopped hitting others.  We then confirmed that it was bad to put him back to the Kingston environment where his emtion got upset (cause school was fail to teach the students...all they care is money).  

It is in fact definitely fine to have different kinds of kids in class and we tihnk it is good for our boy to learn.  However, in the whole process, the problem is how the teachers and even the school Principle deal with the matter.  Since we confirmed the environment brought damage to his growth, we had no choice but stop letting him go back to the class immediately.  We also inform school this problem and requesting either to let us go or otherwise change class for us.  

Believe it our not, they rejected us changing class so that they can charge us the $15000 deposit.  We fight back asking them to either change class or pay back the full deposit.  They still insist not to pay us back the whole deposit.  And the execuse they use to reject our request of changing class is that the School principle say there "could be" some people lining up to join the school?!  However, the truth was that a number of kids had withdraw from the schol.  

Anyway, we confrim from the whole process that Kingston is a very very money oriented school with no hearts...

Finally, I waste some deposit money and switched my boy back to another school..we asked him again if he likes Kingston or the newly joined school ... my boy answerd me the new one .. now, he sings more songs and never hit us again! back to normal.

I really hope that the information above could help.  I hope that no parents will repeat my mistake.  Send me email if you need more information.
作者: Hos    時間: 09-3-22 02:54

Hi BK parents,

Please allow me share my experience.

Both of my children studying at Kingston Kinder.  For my first child, this is the third year.  For my second child, this is the first year.  From my experience, I am happy with this school.  (To be honest, if this is not a good school, I will not put my two children there, as the school fees are very expensive.)

My children learn a lot at school and they like going to school very much.  Their class teachers are very caring and they really understand the children.  (Just an instance - one time, my child had some emotional problems and I phoned the teacher.  She said she would pay extra attention to my child's emotion and see what we could do.  She called me after school on those few days to discuss what we could do at school and at home.  Soon, the problems were solved.  I really appreciated the teacher's time and extra effort.)
作者: Hos    時間: 09-3-22 03:03     標題: My good experience (Re: Totally disppointed with Kingston)

Best Regards,
Hos
作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-3-22 07:10

In fact, if my boy didn't encounter that partciular case, we may not discover this and he may be still studying Kingston.  I mean...in genearl, most teachers and schools won't be too bad.  It is only when some expection happens, we consistently found that the school was very money oriented and have no much heart.  In fact, I had this doubt at the beginning of the class cause they asked parents to donate money to buy plants for schools and they would put the name and photos on the plant if you donate more (no donation, no plant=no name and photo)...Imagine your kids may ask why some kids have name but not me?  How will you answer?  This is just the one of the number of examples...

Since my boy had joined another school before and after Kingston, some differences were too obvious....In Kingston, I had never received phone calls from teachers there proactively.  In other school (even join just 1 month), the teacher calls me ocassionally to tell me how is my boy in class.  If he is not feeling well, the teacher calls a few time to follow up...

Having said that, I must also say that there definitely are some good teachers even in a bad school.  Just that if the school mission is money the first and that I couldn't feel the heart of the school, principle and 主任, I selected not to take the risk to let him stay there.

[ 本帖最後由 parentsinhk 於 09-3-22 07:17 編輯 ]
作者: girlsmama    時間: 09-3-23 23:03

My daughter has attended Kingston for 1.5yrs. As far as I know, she is happy at school and has learnt quite a lot.
She has a couple of instances where another boy at her class scratched her face and left with some abrasions. The teachers called us and explained the event and sent a memo on what happened. I was upset with the incidents but I guess kids don't really know what they have done and some accidents may not be avoidable completely.
作者: Smile2R    時間: 09-3-23 23:34

Hi BK parents,

I just join the BK and here to support Kingston.

Both of my children studying at Kingston.  This is fourth year for my elder one and second year for my little one.   We are really happy with this school.  As Hos said if this is not a good school, I will not put my two children there, as the school fees are very expensive, especially times 2.

My kids are really enjoy their school life, especially the elder one, she enjoy doing her homeworks everyday and talks about the school all the time.

My husband and I, we both very happy with the school and what our kids have learned.  We highly recommend this school to all of our friends who is looking for a good international school.  

This is our good experience with Kingston.
作者: Tonyhildamum    時間: 09-3-24 11:58

Dear parentsinhk,

Is your boy studying in kingston kindergarten or kingston international school?
作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-3-24 23:18     標題: Totally disappointed with Kingston

kingston kindergarten
作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-3-24 23:26     標題: Totally disappointed with Kingston

I am very happy to hear that you didn't encounter the unhappy experience we had...but for other parents who had not joined the school, please consider more...the reason why I wrote this out was because I found not much info about Kingston here at BK when i decided to let my boy to join ...so, i decided to share my experience with other BK parents..hope now you have more info about this school from different angles.  Do compare more.

[ 本帖最後由 parentsinhk 於 09-3-24 23:41 編輯 ]
作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-3-24 23:40

BTW, looking back, I did read this discussion thread at that time http://forum.baby-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=785004&extra=&page=2 ... about the bad comments to Kingston..only that because of 1) Kingston had a good reputation and 2) Kingston had primary school...i somehow choose to hope that my son would be lucky to meet good teachers..

Now, looking back...i shouldn't rely on luck..especially when I recognized the root problem was the school.......anyway...for kids,  i should not leave the decision to rely on luck.
作者: myjasmine    時間: 09-3-25 13:06

hello,

You may note my comments in the above link quoted by you.  I also had "not very good" experience with Kingston.  But i still think its programme is good but the school and the teacher itself may be too commercial.  It really depends on what you want.
作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-3-25 22:38     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

You are right..the IB concept is good only that it really needs some good quality teachers and school to work that out with true believe on it.
作者: wisekid2007    時間: 09-3-27 18:08

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: Smile2R    時間: 09-3-27 22:24

Totally agree with you.

No matter how good a school is, there is always something good and bad about the school and there is always good and not so good students in the school.  

We need to teach our children how to survive in the real world and try not to over protect them.  We still have a long way to go.

加油吧!!!!!!!

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-3-27 18:08 發表
What I saw here was a trivial matter but just encountering a parent who doesn't know parenting but provides over-protection for his/her little boy.

No matter how good a school is, there are always so ...

作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-3-27 23:42     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

wisekid2007, I totally agree parents take a major role in teaching kids and we need to use different strategy for kids in different age...anyway, I think that you have missed the point...or otherwise, you may be someone from that school...which make you suddenly make the discussion to become so personal...it is not quite necessary ...

but I definitely will tecch my kid to think more, use the mind, don't just make conclusion or judge someone if you don't know someone =)

That is also the purpose of me posting the previous message.  Give you one more opinion.  It is definitely fine to have different opinions and that is the beatuy of forum.  I just write out my experience hoping this can help someone in case somone is considering Kingston.  

Ha ha..so, I really don't bother to discuss the parenting issue with you
作者: Wingba    時間: 09-3-28 09:43

Hi parentsinhk,

Don't be bother or upset by wisekid2007 lah. That's the typical response of him/her. An antagonistic attitude coupled with never-ending arguments are his/her style.

He/She has been using different alias like edexp, Christof in different threads attacking those who posted their opinion. "Stupid", "Ridiculous" and some other offensive words are the usual content in his/her response to other parents.

He/She is also fond of personal attack but would say he/she does not mind if the "discussion" is "rationa". I was very amazed to read his/her posting every time. He/She possesses a very interesting idiosyncracy which. being a "stupid' respondent I am not supposed to understand.

Now I am launching personal attack but I don't want to wrangle with him/her over this squabble just want to tell you be calm and be amused in reading his/her posting and you will find some interest.

It is very strange that the victim in your case was blamed for not being strong. I wonder if we should teach our kids to be hedgehog in order to "survive" in school. It is a very strange logic. I still remember when I took my kid to a playgroup in Anfield when she was just one and a half years old one of her classmate (a boy) took away her toy without saying anything. His mom seemed to treat it as normal. No apologies, no regret but simply let her boy play with the toy as usual. The boy always screamed at class but the mom showed no remorse for the mischevious behaviour of her boy. Perhaps this is modern parenting. I am old fashion. I still treasure being polite and reserved when dealing with others.

I might have talked too much as I have no experience with Kingston (but my friend praised the school) but I feel like I have to say something when being "amazed" by the attack you received.

Take care and happy parenting!
作者: oooray    時間: 09-3-28 10:41

原帖由 Wingba 於 09-3-28 09:43 發表
Hi parentsinhk,

Don't be bother or upset by wisekid2007 lah. That's the typical response of him/her. An antagonistic attitude coupled with never-ending arguments are his/her style.

He/She has been u ...

I totally agree with you.
I always wonder why people will be so childish by using different "nickname" in a forum in a website.
I think he/she is the only one thinks nobody can see such trick.
However, I am not as brave as you to point out here (or I'm just hesitating to so) because we may have less fun.
"Subjective" is nothing wrong but Discussion is not a Religion.
"If You don't follow my way, you cannot go the the Heaven". That is the message I got from those posts/threads.
If it is the case, I'm more than happy to go to the Hell. hahaha...
If your speech is launching personal attack and will be revenged by return, I'm with you!
I will not never ever change my "nickname" in this forum!
作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-3-28 23:14     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

Dear oooray and Wingba,

Thanks for messages.  I am acutally new to this here and I didn't know those tricks... I always come here to search info but not posting...

Ha ha..of course, I did review my parenting on and off and there is always room for improvement but I won't be doubt on myself by just reading that message...honestly, I had been in educational sector myself for longlong time, it won't be too difficult for me to tell which school is good or not...I won't say myself as an educator but I think after all, one of the most important part is the heart.

Wingba, i quite like the way you share...yes, you need to take a balance...to protect or not to protect..at what stage to what extend..there won't be a formula and it is not a simple yes or no...but we also don't need to be so extreme to leave everything to god....and it is not necessary to experience everything "by natural" (what is "natural"?  fate itself is not so "natural" anyway)..

Anyway, right, being a parent is not easy...i would say I still have large room for improvement but I will use my heart and intelligence to learn along the way!

[ 本帖最後由 parentsinhk 於 09-3-28 23:23 編輯 ]
作者: oooray    時間: 09-3-29 00:10

Dear Wingba and parentsinhk,i always feel that trick is very childish and naive so i attempted to be childish too, by searching some login information in accordance with Wingba's provided login names...and i got some "evidence" to see one name stopped logging in this forum and the other name registered on the next day....
Parentsinhk,
I do agree with you that one of the most important part in a school : The Heart. Especially, in the kindergarten stage.
From a lot of discussions / debates with parents inside or outside this forum, I notice that most parents do concern how native the engish teachers are (white skin is better than Brown/yellow skin...) rather than how much "heart" do the school have. Heart is not only from individual teacher herself but also from the philosophy of how the kinda run by the management. 
作者: Pianokc    時間: 09-3-29 23:44

I read this with curiosity from the post title. After reading the post and replies, this is my personal opinion.

Kingston is one of the long time established international school in Kowloon Tong with HIGHEST fees. So that alone, we all know, signifies, the school cares for money. It's also understandable.... hence they had a lot of rich, and high powered and with status families, and screens out the "poor" clientele.

However, this does not have any affect about what was mentioned here I think.

Children in school "hitting" others... are very very common. It's not fair to say because the school has a child in a class that "hits" others, and your child is one of the "victims", and because you can't change class, you ask to withdraw.  How about if you changed class, and you have ANOTHER problem with another classmate? Is the school to change class for you AGAIN?

Solution is how you teach YOUR child. No matter what, your child shouldn't be hitting back. The class teacher is also perhaps inexperienced in this way, he/she should definitely look into the situation, and resolve it between the student who is "hitting" and others who are being affected.

You mention your child is "gentle and never hits". well, people do change, children change as they grow. At home, your child is always the one that gets priority, no one will go against him, hence he doesn't need to "fight" for his rights or for attention.

In a school environment, it might have a different effect on a child who is "gentle" at home. Ask yourself, are you the SAME person at home compared to at work ?

However, this cannot CONCLUDE that Kingston is a terrible school. I don't think that's fair at all.

I have students from all kinds of schools, locals and int'l (for piano), and in my opinion, Kingston is one of the schools (intl') that produces very polite children.

I have had students and parents who experience this sort of thing very often, the way to deal with it is to teach your child, and talk to the teacher, and principal, and even the child who is hitting and his parents.

Kingston has a policy that you cannot withdraw with no notice, or you forfeit your deposit, and changing classes is typically not entertained because, it creates chaos, and it's not the solution to the problem ultimately.

Just my two cents.
You will find that you will see this happening, in different "shape or size"... as your child grows older, going into primary school, secondary school.... you cannot "run' or "escape" each time there is a problem with peers or classmates.

Just my personal opinion.
Ultimately, I think it's not very fair to say this about Kingston when it's the student and the teacher of ONE class that is the problem. Not the ENTIRE school, and the years of reputation they have built.

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 09-3-29 23:48 編輯 ]
作者: Pianokc    時間: 09-3-29 23:56

BTW, I have heard of such "stories" from my students from:

Kentville, St Catherine's, Victoria, CDNIS, Yew Chung, ISF, IMS, La Salle, St Paul's....

It's not Kingston only. With each situation, it depended on how the concerned parents acted, the teacher, the accused student and his parents reaction.....

but in all cases, the schools did not entertain changing classes.

St Catherine's told my friend this:
My friend requested change of class because the classroom her son was in had NO windows or any fresh air, resulting him coughing all the time since entering the school. The principal and teacher told her, "if you want to change class, and it's for medical reason that you claim. Please ask your doctor to write a formal letter verifying this, we will consider changing your son's class subject to available space in any other class."
作者: wisekid2007    時間: 09-3-30 12:36

作者: wisekid2007    時間: 09-3-30 12:48

作者: wisekid2007    時間: 09-3-30 12:49

作者: Wingba    時間: 09-3-30 14:23

Here you come again wisekid2007/edexp/christof

As I have said I always enjoy your rebuttal. It truly reflects your personality. Really amazing!

There is no point to discuss with you especially on parenting.

I told you I am stupid lah, why you bother to reply lei

Have a nice day

作者: oooray    時間: 09-3-30 14:46

Dear Wingba,
I'm stupid, too...
My kid is wise...
I'm an EDucational EXPertise...
Have Fun!
作者: marathon    時間: 09-3-30 19:59

may I ask... which school has your son switched to?  I am thinking of going to Kingston cos' my daughter's current school is not good, but I don't know which school to look at now!

原帖由 parentsinhk 於 09-3-21 23:42 發表
I had searched here before I let my boy joined Kingston but I couldn't find much information at that time and therefore I had made a very bad decision.  After joining there for almost half a year, we  ...

作者: marathon    時間: 09-3-30 20:15

I agree w/ Pianokc's reply.  I am still searching on which school my daughter should go to... and I have to say... many kinder out there are VERY commercial, be it Victoria, Tutor Time, etc...

It's really hard to choose the right school!

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-3-29 23:44 發表
I read this with curiosity from the post title. After reading the post and replies, this is my personal opinion.

Kingston is one of the long time established international school in Kowloon Tong with ...

作者: Pianokc    時間: 09-3-30 23:10

Regarding Wisekid2007, I have also followed many of his posts, I don't think he's really ever "wrong". He's very direct and to the point.

Regarding marathon's question:
I am presently really really thinking about KCIS.... so far, I have researched lots, it seems to be the most suitable one for my daughter, but I really wish their school campus was NEWER and more attractive!

It's hard, because the IS you want, may not accept your child when you want them to. Then the ones you picked as backup, accepts your child... then what?

I personally want to choose the IS (if I do go IS path).... that have "traditional" discipline, and more "local" influence. I really hoped for CKY.. but didn't get accepted, and now KCIS is the closest thing.
作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-3-31 00:55

Pianokc and others,

As I said before, my original purpose is to provide my personal view on Kingston to those parents who needed this info =)  My focus is not to discuss parenting because I respect each parent and we should not critize others on this.  

So, let me continue to serve those who need this info.  BTW, some of you sent me PM and that may also be a good channel for me to answer you question.

Back to here...Pianokc, honestly, when I first read your message, I can't stop thinking you are the Ms. Kwok at Kingston cause I got exactly the same reply from Kingston just like the way you reply:
Kingston has a policy that you cannot withdraw with no notice, or you forfeit your deposit, and changing classes is typically not entertained because, it creates chaos, and it's not the solution to the problem ultimately

But no matter Pianokc is from Kingston or not, forum does provide a fair channel for different parties to voice out the point of view...just that you are helping me to confirm that Kingston has no heart.

Let me add a bit detail, what my kid experienced was not a "normal" naught kid...the kid is naughty to a point that the summer teacher particular warned the class teacher about this student...also, by chance, this kid particular like my boy and he treats my boy as best friend (my boy as well) so he had very strong influence on my boy...School and those teachers knew all these..and it was not happending all a sudden...we did reflect our concern to teacher and they knew well the situtation..only that they had not suggested any solution but only accept us to go and keep our one month school fee deposit.

The reason why I say "no heart" is exactly like Pianokc's comment "Kingston has a policy", "you forfeit your deposit", "it creates chaos" ... with these answers while at the same time, the school had never offer us any alternate solutions...i don't need to explain more =)  I understand every school has policy ... I respect their policy if they provide reasonable solution.  Also, i personally know a number of parents had withdrawed from the school and I am sure there is space ...so, if the reject reason is to "prevent chaos", you understand what I mean.  

Anyway, as I quoted before, similar comments were posted years ago, you can also refer to here
http://forum.baby-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=785004&extra=&page=2  .  

Looking from a result point of view, after my boy switch school for about 1-2 months, he never had that emotion again...he was very upset before, he kept asking us again and again why we teachs him not to hit others while other kid is allowed to hit others in the class..we teach very hard for quite a period but the environment damage what we teach him........

Anway, we pay higher school fee to go to Kingston only because we hope the environment is better...if it is not the case, why Kingston?  why not go other similar school or cheaper school?  Our kid can still learn how to "hit" others in other school =) but not paying $7000 to learn that "skills".

In the new school, because his attention is no longer so distracted by that naughty kid, he really learns faster...he could sing only 1 new song since he joined Kingston for 5 months..but in new school, he can sing more than 5 new songs just in 2 months...he is much happier now and that is the result.

The new school doesn't need to be good ... may only need to be better than the previous one.

[ 本帖最後由 parentsinhk 於 09-3-31 01:14 編輯 ]
作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-3-31 00:58

Marathon, I don't want to advertise for another school....cause it may not be a good school..just that it is better than Kingston from my experience...at least, they did proactively call me continously for a few days after they learn that my kid got sick..but I almost had never received phone call from Kingston proactively even my boy didn't go school...So, please pm me, let me share with you more!
作者: Wingba    時間: 09-3-31 10:55

You are so greedy. Either you take it or leave it. Don't criticize their campus is old. If you love the school you should embrace its deficiencies and try to help it to re-build. Perhaps you can contribute your savings.

Failing CKY is because you did not do a good job to train up your daughter to get accepted. You should befriend with PLK's directors or the principal.

So stupid!

What do you feel? I am just being direct.

Have a nice day

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-3-30 23:10 發表
Regarding Wisekid2007, I have also followed many of his posts, I don't think he's really ever "wrong". He's very direct and to the point.

Regarding marathon's question:
I am presently really really t ...

作者: jjd    時間: 09-3-31 12:08

Wingba,
You have a lovely sense of humour.  Good on you!

pianohk,
I know quite a number of kids got accepted by CKY in the second round last year.  People who target for traditional local schools withdrew from CKY after the lucky draw in June.  However, those kids were not informed until the beginning of July.  Keep wriiting to CKY to show your eagerness in letting your child study there.  Good luck!
作者: Pianokc    時間: 09-3-31 14:48

wingba, being "direct" and being "rude" is two different things.

Anyways, I don't know Wisekid, please do not take aim your anger or "revenge" behavious at me because I said something in defense for Wisekid.

I am not part of Kingston in anyway, I simply put in my input because this is the reality of the education choices we have in HK for our kids.

I am not greedy, I voiced out what is my concern, it is entirely my choice what to do.

I prepared my daughter for CKY as best as I could, I don't need a Nobody on the forum insulting my daughter's ability. That's horrible.

To parentsinhk, I am not from Kingston, my daughter was accepted into Kingston, but I declined. And I have studetns who are in Kingston right now, just telling you that Kingston's way of handling situation is nothing personal, it's just business. They do have a school/business to run, and so if you cannot accept it, yes you did the right thing and moved elsewhere.

Glad to hear your child and you are happier now.

That's what we parents have to do constantly, look out for what is BEST for your child...... make decisions, and take action.
作者: Wingba    時間: 09-3-31 16:30

jjd,

Thank you. I am just being direct.

pianokc,

Your feedback is just as expected. I did not do any revenge or burst out my anger to you. I just want you to feel how would other parents were feeling when somebody was being "direct".

As I don't have any connection with Kingston and I also mentioned I might have talked too much as it's none of my business but I could not stand someone using offensive words teasing at others and pretended to be rational. I would ask you whether the word "stupid", "coward", "ridiculous" are rational?

I have replied to my dear friend wisekid2007/edexp/christof in other thread. I said he/she had a point but the way he "presented" his idea or "discussed" with others were not a good way to do.

I am just a stupid nose parker.

Have a nice day
作者: Pianokc    時間: 09-3-31 22:43

Well Wingba, from THIS post only... one can't see how wisekid2007 was in anyway "rude" or insulting to the OP.

But it seems to be YOU, are the one who started calling names here and attacking Wisekid2007.

Sorry, I don't follow every post in BK, but this is the case in here.

We're all parents, and full grown adults, seems very childish to be calling each other names and "revenging" each other like bullies at school when I was in primary school.

I am not interested in playing such games.

Parentsinhk, btw, I like to say, although you are entitled to your own views, other forums (I don't know why this one doesn't) bans members from BADMOUTHING any business or schools or learning centers without ANY legitimate proof. You can discuss, but you cannot generalize your own experience to the ENTIRE school's reputation.

My point is, you cannot say Kingston has no heart because they didn't bend the rules of the school to YOUR wishes and views. I am sure you can understand every business, school, learning centers, restaurants, shops, boutiques.... airlines, agencies... have their own "policies" and "rules".

Even in your own HOME, you have your own "rules" that you surely expect your family, guests, relatives, or helpers to FOLLOW.

SO why should you expect or feel it was unfair or unreasonable for Kingston to have such reaction? Or this Ms Kwok to say such thing to you ?

You must have read the policies and conditions before enrolling the school? Just like the IS that I have applied, the school indicates very clearly, that the "deposit" is not refundable until the child leaves the school, and that is also subject to the child having completed at least 1 year in the IS.

That is very clearly said, and you now expect to be treated with "exception" because you feel your son has "changed".

You are happy with the present school, that's great, but what happens in the years to come when you are "unhappy" with the school's arrangements, and then you expect the school to "bend" the policies again, and you will once again say "the school has NO HEART?"

It has nothing to do with no heart, you simply refused to accept the set policies.

原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-3-27 18:08 發表
What I saw here was a trivial matter but just encountering a parent who doesn't know parenting but provides over-protection for his/her little boy.

No matter how good a school is, there are always so ...

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 09-3-31 22:51 編輯 ]
作者: Smile2R    時間: 09-3-31 23:04

Marathon, my kids are currently studying at Kingston.  I personally think Kingston is the best IS in Kowloon Tong.  

I highly recommend Kingston to all of my friends who are looking for a good IS in Kowloon Tong.

Parentsinhk, it's really too bad that you did not see the good side of Kingston and you did not see the "heart" from Kingston.  From my "heart", it is a really good school.  

Pianokc, I agree with your points.  I feel sorry that you got attacked from others.  

原帖由 marathon 於 09-3-30 19:59 發表
may I ask... which school has your son switched to?  I am thinking of going to Kingston cos' my daughter's current school is not good, but I don't know which school to look at now!

作者: Pianokc    時間: 09-3-31 23:10

Smile2R, I too think Kingston is a pretty good school. The students I have from this school are all girls, and it's evident they are all very "proper" and "ladylike" with lots of poise, manners, confidence, and well developed own "identity".

The reason I declined for my daughter was because my husband and I felt the school campus was on the "small" side. I preferred a bigger campus, with more facilities for my daughters' future 6 years in a school.

I have had a friend who had the EXACT problem as parentsinhk, but in CDNIS, she dealt with the problem directly with the problem child, the parents, the principal, and the classroom teacher.
It took 2 months, but it did resolve.

I just hope parentsinhk understand our point, it's the wrong "conclusion" to say about Kingston, it could happen the exact same way no matter WHAT school you may be in.

原帖由 Smile2R 於 09-3-31 23:04 發表
Marathon, my kids are currently studying at Kingston.  I personally think Kingston is the best IS in Kowloon Tong.  

I highly recommend Kingston to all of my friends who are looking for a good IS in  ...

作者: marathon    時間: 09-3-31 23:14

Thanks for the info.  Currently, I have BIG HESITATION on Tutor Time, so I need to find a good backup!

原帖由 Smile2R 於 09-3-31 23:04 發表

I highly recommend Kingston to all of my friends who are looking for a good IS in  ...

作者: Smile2R    時間: 09-3-31 23:22

Pianokc,  totally agree with you with this point.  

"it's the wrong "conclusion" to say about Kingston, it could happen the exact same way no matter WHAT school you may be in."

You are right, Kingston is a really good school except the campus is really "small" by comparing with other IS.
作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-4-1 00:23     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

Thanks for the comments ...as I said, I did respect their policy..all I looked for is just a suggested soution...the school didn't bother to offer any solution (switch class was originally mentioned by that Ms. Kwok but later she rejcted it herself...if it violated policy, why she suggested it at first place and then rejected later?!).....anyway, if switch class is not possible, there still could be many other methods ... I think  most of us have worked in the society, we know well there is always some work-arround which could achieve the purpose while maintaing policy...we can simply reject a request by quoting policy A, policy B bla bla bla or use our heart to listen and solve problem for others, that is where it makes the difference.

BTW, when I say Kingston, it is the kindergarten not the primary school (cause I saw someone mentioned, she/her think Kingston is best IS...i wonder if she/he means the primary school...which i had no info to give comment).
作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-4-1 00:31     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

btw... i understand this could happen in other schools as well..but as i said before the tutition fee in Kingston is more than dobule of other kindergarten.  So, honestly, I do have higher expectation.  My another point is if "all other schools" could deal with students and parents by simply quoting policy, why Kingston? and that is how it relates to my email subject

I understand that they need to run the business but they seem to have forgotten that they are running education as well......Nowadays, a lot of school know well how to run the business but forget about the educational part.  One can't use the busienss mind to run education, one should use the heart. Students and parents there can feel it.......don't just do "surface" thing.

[ 本帖最後由 parentsinhk 於 09-4-1 00:33 編輯 ]
作者: Wingba    時間: 09-4-1 10:45

Ha ha, pianokc, you still take it personal. Unfortunately, HK people do not have a sense of humour. The way you use the capital YOU does imply you are still angry. Come on, we are engaging in rational discussion, even if I am launching personal attack, once I engage into rational discussion you should stop being nasty and stay calm.

You cannot rule out the experience of parentsinhk every case is different and the case you quote (?) that other parent took it up to challenge the parents of the mischevious child's parents and the school was a good way to tackle the problem but it does not imply that parentsinhk's request is not unreasonable. Try to put yourself into his/her shoe (as I just tried to make you experience the feeling of being "directly attacked") there are, of course, hard and fast rules governing the way of business but we would expect an educational institute will have more than $$ in than eyes.

As it is getting more interesting in the topic I have talked to my friend about Kingston and I learned that it was run by a successful business lady. Her feeling is she is commercial (but it does not imply that the school is not properly run) and seems not the type of an eduator. It doesn't matter as long as the "products" are properly trained but how to balance between $$ and the vision of education is a real challenge.

Am I rational now? I am just being adamant to win the argument with any means or foul. You are blinded by your anger and did not answer my question of whether using the words naive and coward are rational or not. I may be just wisekid2007 using another alias here. Ha Ha.... Back to business - rational discussion. One man's meat is another's poison the way you present your points in addressing parentsinhk's concern also reflects you are only indulging in your own experience without sticking out and look around.

I really think that I have spent enough time in this thread and hope that you see my point. My apologies of being a bit nasty but my point is very clear -  everyone should respect others and be polite to one another in BK. I can be very nasty and rough in other blog or forum when discussing politics but here I am just being naughty sometimes and mock on those who think he/she holds the ultimate truth.

Have a nice day and take it easy lah

原帖由 Pianokc 於 09-3-31 22:43 發表
Well Wingba, from THIS post only... one can't see how wisekid2007 was in anyway "rude" or insulting to the OP.

But it seems to be YOU, are the one who started calling names here and attacking Wisekid ...

作者: Pianokc    時間: 09-4-1 11:13

Wingba, I have no idea what you are talking about. What people post here will not make me lose sleep. Nothing personal. But it is funny how you are the one who started the name calling, but turn around and say it's Wisekid first.

And then you started getting on my case too because I said something about Wisekid's point.

I am curious though, what could Kingston have done to make parentinhk satisfied and happy? Education is NOT same as business ? Well, I think many would disagree. More accurately, perhaps Education is not business ONLY, but it is a big part, and every institution has their own policies, and yes, there is a limit to what can be bended. Nothing to do with "having a heart or not."

I have nothing further to say about this, just wish parentinhk the best of luck that his/her child won't have any more problems with other classmates in the new school.

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 09-4-1 11:20 編輯 ]
作者: parentsinhk    時間: 09-4-2 07:19     標題: 回覆 # 的文章

Pianokc, thanks for your "wishes", yes, my boy is now very happy and the fact is he obviously learn much more after leavning Kingston
作者: Tiffany1212    時間: 09-4-2 16:19

原帖由 Hos 於 09-3-22 02:54 發表
Hi BK parents,

Please allow me share my experience.

Both of my children studying at Kingston Kinder.  For my first child, this is the third year.  For my second child, this is the first year.  From  ...

(My children learn a lot at school and they like going to school very much.  Their class teachers are very caring and they really understand the children.)

agree with u!!  
作者: BookloverJ    時間: 10-2-2 12:29

作者: nintendo    時間: 10-2-2 12:36

原帖由 BookloverJ 於 10-2-2 12:29 發表
Updated............

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5