教育王國

標題: 06年9月入讀蘇淅幼稚園K1既家長, 入唻交流下啦! [打印本頁]

作者: GIPW    時間: 09-5-25 03:07     標題: 06年9月入讀蘇淅幼稚園K1既家長, 入唻交流下啦!

Hi all

You may start your conversation here now.  Sorry that I have not contribute much here but just a viewer.

OCT mum
I heard my friend say you like true light a lot, can I know why  ?
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-5-25 09:09

GIPW,
報到!

係呀, 本身我自己就比較鍾意女校, 而響投考OR選擇既學校入面, 亦以女校較多, 排位較先! 可惜無一間收, 得個諗字!

我鍾意真光校園空間多, 小朋友活動地方多, 設施多, 校風純撲, D女仔行出唻好斯文, 好大方 (當然我亦聽過有人話D女仔行出唻係鈍, 唔醒目, 可能係各花入各眼吧)...但我自己就好鍾意呢種STYLE既女孩子!

加上真光有中學做BACKUP, 呢樣係蘇小所欠缺既, 如果蘇小有BAND 1中學做BACKUP, 我諗我既想法又可能會有唔同! 不過我最鍾意既其實唔係真光, 佢只係我其中一間心水!

當初有諗過叩門真光的, 但同老公商量過之後, 最終仲係決定唔叩門了...我地相信個天會安排最好既畀個女, 個女亦會有佢自己當走的路, 而家等埋六月放榜, 一切就安頓了!

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-5-25 03:07 發表
Hi all

You may start your conversation here now.  Sorry that I have not contribute much here but just a viewer.

OCT mum
I heard my friend say you like true light a lot, can I know why  ?

作者: CanKan    時間: 09-5-25 14:10

報到!

眨下眼五月尾,好快就揭盅啦!

cankan
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-5-25 23:38

I think I will give up HKUGA place for 蘇小.  Seems like quite a no of people (esp in the education side) said they like 蘇小 better.  
I need to apadt the life of test and dictation again.
   I am now starting to self made test and dictation for her.
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-5-26 07:59

GIPW,
下? 咁快就自制D測驗畀佢做呀? 我至多諗住暑假至搵D時間畀佢做下補充練習咋! 不過呢個暑假, 阿女既活動安排得非常充實, 我都唔知係咪真係有時間同佢做呢D野啊!

咁如果港同&蘇小畀我揀, 穩陣起見, 我都會揀番蘇小啊! 係喎, 除左港同, 仲有無考其他學校而又收左而你又留左位架?!

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-5-25 23:38 發表
I think I will give up HKUGA place for 蘇小.  Seems like quite a no of people (esp in the education side) said they like 蘇小 better.  
I need to apadt the life of test and dictation again.

作者: GIPW    時間: 09-5-26 09:09

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-5-26 07:59 發表
GIPW,
下? 咁快就自制D測驗畀佢做呀? 我至多諗住暑假至搵D時間畀佢做下補充練習咋! 不過呢個暑假, 阿女既活動安排得非常充實, 我都唔知係咪真係有時間同佢做呢D野啊!

咁如果港同&蘇小畀我揀, 穩陣起見, 我都會揀番 ...

Hi 十月媽咪

I still have  播道書院 and 香港真光中學(小學部).  all of those have secondary school except kCS.  I quite like 播道書院 but this is a very new school, no track record.  As for true light, I still have another younger boy so they could not study in the same school.  Though it is not necessary that they will have to study in the same school.  
The only one thing that I do not like about KCS is the school environment - very old and small.
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-5-26 10:09

GIPW,
播道個感覺係好好的, 校長畀人一種好有熱誠既感覺, 但讀播道都唔敢包細佬入唔入得番, 聽講今年REJECT左好多細佬妹, 搞到D家長好鬼愁!

真小都收男孩子架喎, 只係 上到中學, 就點都要再煩過啫! 但起碼家姐唔駛煩, 實有一間中學在手喎!

蘇小...我至唔鍾意既係D老師無乜活力 & 學習環境太細...所以偷雞雞話你知, 如果派到TKO頭三志願, 我會有9成機會讀TKO既學校的, 又唔駛錢, 校舍又大, 反正大家都係要再煩中學架喇, 我寧願慳番六年學費咯! 蘇小唯一可取既地方, 在我覺得, 就係全普通話教學啫, 其餘既....唉....其實真係睇唔到D乜野好野....升中派位係六年後既事, 今時今日派得好, 同六年後係咪都派得好, 都仲係未知之數! 仲有一樣野係我好擔心既, 就係蘇小既課程, 係咪可以涵接到將來新高中既學制呢?! 如果好似副校長所言, 已經"沒有進步的空間", 如此思維, 何以令孩子們走在最前線, 響新高中學制下突圍而出呢?! 唉...好頭痛!

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-5-26 09:09 發表

Hi 十月媽咪

I still have  播道書院 and 香港真光中學(小學部).  all of those have secondary school except kCS.  I quite like 播道書院 but this is a very new school, no track record.  As for true ligh ...

作者: NCB    時間: 09-5-26 14:05

大家好!

其實,我都心大心細,又想比個仔讀蘇小,又想比個仔讀高主教小學。

想讀蘇小的原因是蘇小的普通話及中文,我應同"我手寫我心"的說法,從而提升中文程度;而且,隨著中國不斷富強,應用普通話是大吹勢,我想信小孩現學到的普通話,能終身受用。但是,無中學做backup,始終是好煩的一件事。

想讀高主教小學,因為佢有中學,一條龍,唔駛煩。而且,高主教小學英文好,但普通話是剛剛起步,所以要為小孩請補習老師。

無奈的是讀高主教小學,因為離家很遠,小孩要搭校車,長途跋涉,小孩會好辛苦。還有,高主教小學是三十五人一班,師生比例高。

小孩沒有參加統一派位,所以我只有蘇小和高主教揀。

請大家給我意見,謝謝。
作者: NCB    時間: 09-5-26 14:06

大家好!

其實,我都心大心細,又想比個仔讀蘇小,又想比個仔讀高主教小學。

想讀蘇小的原因是蘇小的普通話及中文,我應同"我手寫我心"的說法,從而提升中文程度;而且,隨著中國不斷富強,應用普通話是大吹勢,我想信小孩現學到的普通話,能終身受用。但是,無中學做backup,始終是好煩的一件事。

想讀高主教小學,因為佢有中學,一條龍,唔駛煩。而且,高主教小學英文好,但普通話是剛剛起步,所以要為小孩請補習老師。

無奈的是讀高主教小學,因為離家很遠,小孩要搭校車,長途跋涉,小孩會好辛苦。還有,高主教小學是三十五人一班,師生比例高。

小孩沒有參加統一派位,所以我只有蘇小和高主教揀。

請大家給我意見,謝謝。
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-5-26 21:47

Hi NBC

Talking about 師生比例高, I think 蘇小 is better, I checked on the no of student, it is only about 30, when you moved higher class, no of students seem to be lesser.  Maybe some foreign students quited.  I checked this from their attendence book  

I think in term of academic, one is strong is Mandarin, so private tuition for English while the other one is strong in english and private tuition for Mandarin.  We just can not have a whole world.  

一條龍 is sth very attractive.  But it is a promise that the boy could go straight  or only a certain percentage could go to their secondary school ?
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-5-27 08:16

我淨係知道, 高主教會讀到嘔泡...全職媽都話跟到氣咳 (但我唔肯定係個別小朋友問題, 抑或普通讀高主教既小朋友都讀到痴肺, 我無幫小朋友考, 無深究)...而蘇小相對下會比較輕鬆, working mom只需花點時間同佢地溫習, 小朋友都可以應付得唻!

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-5-26 21:47 發表
Hi NBC

Talking about 師生比例高, I think 蘇小 is better, I checked on the no of student, it is only about 30, when you moved higher class, no of students seem to be lesser.  Maybe some foreign studen ...

作者: CanKan    時間: 09-5-27 13:57

GIPW,

I have the same situation with you!  BTW, did you join the lucky draw?

CanKan
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-5-27 13:59

joeytcy,

紀念冊我重未交呀?尋晚先同亞女傾左個版面,聽日先得閒整,星期五先有得交呀!

Cankan
作者: NCB    時間: 09-5-27 17:10

Hi, GIPW

根據高主教網上所提供的資料,大約80%的學生升讀英文中學,其中已包括高主教中學部。

聽說其中學部大約是Brand 1尾至Brand 2頭,真的嗎?

Hi, 十月媽媽

“高主教會讀到嘔泡...全職媽媽都話跟到氣咳”,這已聽聞,因為我有個朋友也是全職媽都話”跟到氣咳”,何況是上班一族的媽媽!

請問我還要考慮什麼?
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-5-27 20:33

原帖由 CanKan 於 09-5-27 13:57 發表
GIPW,

I have the same situation with you!  BTW, did you join the lucky draw?

CanKan

Hi CanKan

I did not join the lucky draw as I need to give up in order to accept the offer of 港大and 播道
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-5-29 14:06

GIPW,

我有參加攬珠,下星期就有結果。

其實到而家依一刻,我都未能夠決定若果抽到身第一志願,我係咪真係會俾亞女讀而放棄蘇小?

私校教育既質素係咪會好d?學生既背景係咪會好d?考慮到隨著小朋友長大,朋輩既影響力逐漸取代家庭既影響力,依樣野係我所關注;再加上蘇小既全普通話教學,冇宗教背景,平時既上堂時間可以小左 d 普通話堂同宗教堂,變左可以多左時間係其他科目方面;

但蘇小既環境實在唔夠好,再加埋六年每年港幣三萬元既學費,依兩樣野係我所猶豫既。另外既就係若果我將來搬屋,到時可以點?

Can
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-5-30 00:37

Hi Can

One of the main reason of studying in 蘇小 is I think most of the parents that I know, care a lot for their child.  So I want her to mix with the "good" friends to make / lead her to have a right value judegment.  I think in 蘇小, most of the classmate of my class are very good conduct.

Good luck to your lucky draw.  Let us know what your decision is.  
作者: Sorb    時間: 09-6-2 00:23

GIPW, agree.  I think those parents who are willing to invest $30,000 per annum to stay in KCS primary school instead of going to free eduation, are likely to be parents who care about the development of their children more.  If analysis like this, it seems you are right the children in KCS primary should be potential "better" than those from aided schools.  Aided schools are unable to control the quality of their children as most are entered by luck.  

But are many teachers of the primary section from China?  If yes, I have doubt if some will be able to catch up with the education development / revolution of HK. And I am really shocked to see the comment of the Vice Principal "No room for improvement".  Is this really from the month of a vice principal. So passive and negative!!!!  I don't think a sensible management will give such comment to the parents.  Anyone knows under what situation he/she gave such kind of comment?

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-5-30 00:37 發表
Hi Can

One of the main reason of studying in 蘇小 is I think most of the parents that I know, care a lot for their child.  So I want her to mix with the "good" friends to make / lead her to have a ri ...

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-2 10:23

如果無理解錯副校長既普通話...那麼其實副校長所指既"已經沒有進步的空間", 係指高小學生響全港系統性評估既成績....副校長係用呢句說話唻暗示...佢地既學生成績好到...近乎完美啩?! (唔知係咪所有學生都接近滿分OR全部都滿分呢?!)

至於其他方面, 副校長無話"已經沒有進步的空間"的, 純粹指佢地既學生響全港系統性評估既成績而已!

但我依然係CONCERN佢既說話, 成績既野, 不思進取既話, 就自然會被其他學校OR其他人超越, 正所謂...不進則退! 雖然呢幾屆既學生都有好好既成績, 但社會不斷進步, 眼光唔應該只係FOCUS ON全港性系統評估嘛....面對將來既新高中課程, 有時我都諗, 係咪小學階段都要響課本以外, 擴濶下小朋友既思維呢?!

ANYWAY, 蘇小其實仲有好多空間去進步, 去改進的吧!

原帖由 Sorb 於 09-6-2 00:23 發表
GIPW, agree.  I think those parents who are willing to invest $30,000 per annum to stay in KCS primary school instead of going to free eduation, are likely to be parents who care about the development ...

作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-2 14:41

我都重係十五十六,不過都開始做緊兩手準備,若果派得唔好,可能都會去叩門,然後至諗讀唔讀蘇小;至於真光,可能會放棄.........其實都真係未諗掂!

Cankan
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-2 21:18

原帖由 CanKan 於 09-6-2 14:41 發表
我都重係十五十六,不過都開始做緊兩手準備,若果派得唔好,可能都會去叩門,然後至諗讀唔讀蘇小;至於真光,可能會放棄.........其實都真係未諗掂!

Cankan ...

Hi Sorb
Nice to see you here.

CanKan
蘇小 type of education sometimes seems quite scary.  Apart from 蘇小, I still have 播道書院 and 真光.  I quite like 播道書院  .... only it is a very new school and is in TSO. Seems like quite a lot of parents have good comment on this school 我都未諗掂.  Any comment ?
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-3 08:48

GIPW,

播道都係我心儀架, 係名副其實, 一間平靚正既直資學校...可惜...人地唔收我女, 我都無得勉強! 得個恨字!

嗱...播道老師出名愛心爆棚, 胸襟廣濶, 有教無類, 唔知係咪基督徒多既關係, 老師對教育都有一 番熱誠! 播道校長每朝會響門口睇下D學生返學個面口, 見到唔開心既學生, 會主動關心, 我女面試嗰日, 校長唔知係咪見佢好緊張, 主動走埋去同我女傾偈, 可惜我女畀佢嚇一嚇, 仲驚, 哈哈哈!

如果唔睇學生往績, 純粹睇校長同老師既熱誠, 校長&老師對學生既關懷....呢樣野.....唔駛我講, 你都會知究竟係KCS優勝定係播道優勝了!

至於真光同KCS比, 其實兩間都係差唔多TYPE既學校, 升中派位方面, 真光有中學BACKUP固然係優勢, 但KCS有普通話語境, 全港無校能及, 學生升中派位成績亦非常理想...所以...真光同KCS揀, 反而唔難揀! 只係KCS同播道揀呢...就...真係幾頭痛!

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-2 21:18 發表

Hi Sorb
Nice to see you here.

CanKan
蘇小 type of education sometimes seems quite scary.  Apart from 蘇小, I still have 播道書院 and 真光.  I quite like 播道書院  .... only it is a very new school ...

作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-3 14:42

十月媽咪:

蘇小同真光,你會點選?

Can
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-3 15:56

cankan,

蘇小同真光...其實...好鬼難揀的...兩間style真係差唔多...揀邊間, 最終睇下你自己想畀d乜野個女 & 想個女六年之後有咩得著!

想要普通話好既, 無得傾架啦, 響蘇小浸多六年, d普通話點都浸到d成就啩?! 但再諗深一層, 蘇小除左普通話好之外, 佢仲有乜野好呢? 校舍? oh....環境? oh...師資? (迷)...老師熱誠? (問號?) 愛心? (問號?)...課外活動既吸引度呢? (以三千銀學費唻睇, 各方面我都唔覺得有乜野吸引力囉!)

至於真光....校風同蘇小一樣純樸, 而最大既優勢係....真光有中學做backup, 而蘇小真係無囉! 雖則話蘇小升中派位既成績係好好, 但六年後如何....我點知會點呢?! 其實個感覺就好似幼稚園升小學咁, 蘇幼學生有蘇小做backup, 你望番轉頭, 整個搵小學既過程入面, 係咪無咁傍偟先, 讀真光既話, 到中學嗰陣, 有真中做backup, 相信都無咁徬徨吧! (不過又咁, 六年後既真中會唔會跌grade呢? 又係一個未知之數)

在我唻講, 揀蘇小呢, 係想個女學好普通話啫, 但深知到升中嗰陣, 又會再煩過架喇; 揀真小呢, 安全感大d囉, 不過母語教學喎, 會唔會覺得嘥左幼稚園呢三年所學既普通話呢?!

如果唔睇普通話呢方面, 坦白講的, 我係鍾意真光多d架...但你又有個仔跟尾...所以....我係你...最終可能會揀番蘇小啊!

原帖由 CanKan 於 09-6-3 14:42 發表
十月媽咪:

蘇小同真光,你會點選?

Can

作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-5 09:57

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-3 15:56 發表
cankan,

蘇小同真光...其實...好鬼難揀的...兩間style真係差唔多...揀邊間, 最終睇下你自己想畀d乜野個女 & 想個女六年之後有咩得著!

想要普通話好既, 無得傾架啦, 響蘇小浸多六年, d普通話點都浸到d成就啩?! 但再 ...

CanKan

Ha Ha.  I am the same situation with you as I have a son to follow.  Analysis from 十月媽咪 is quite right.  For the premesis and envoronment I like 真光, but thinking that in the future say 15 years later,  普通話 will be a major language in the world.  

I have a wild thought that will  蘇小 in the future represnet a symbol of 普通話 expert ?  Just like if you are in ESF or int'l school your English will naturally be fluent and speak like native.  Shall I give her this route ?  I am more inclined to do this as I came from the same route.  I can speak fluent Mandarin as my school use Mandarin while we are in Primary.  I learned cantonese at home.  Then when I am in secondary, I did not study chinese anymore --- My chinese standard is only up to P6. .   So when my girl take part inthe school activities, I can help her a lot.
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-5 18:01

悠媽,
今晚瞓得至安穩嗰個, 必你莫屬咯!

CANKAN,
你估今晚你瞓唔瞓得著呢? 阿女個PROFILE搞掂好晒未呀? 我頭先陪阿女瞓左個晏覺, 真係驚今晚瞓唔著啊!

GIPW,
你今晚都唔駛驚, 因為你無參加呢個遊戲, 你至多係繼續煩, 唔知揀邊間好! 話時話, 下星期六要交註冊費喇, 諗掂未?!

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-5 09:57 發表

CanKan

Ha Ha.  I am the same situation with you as I have a son to follow.  Analysis from 十月媽咪 is quite right.  For the premesis and envoronment I like 真光, but thinking that in the future say ...

[ 本帖最後由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-5 18:03 編輯 ]
作者: NCB    時間: 09-6-6 08:51

十月媽咪:

你的分析真的很強。大概,我同GIPW一樣要繼續煩揀邊間,請問可否給我一點指引,高主教定蘇小?星期六要決定了,真係好煩,仲辛苦過選擇自己的career。驚累個仔一世。

GIPW:
你揀邊間啞?
作者: joeytcy    時間: 09-6-6 10:25

我返黎啦..................

我朋友岩岩打比我....佢係大埔住....派左第8志願...不過佢會去第2間試下....
作者: joeytcy    時間: 09-6-6 10:27

[quote]原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-5 18:01 發表
悠媽,
今晚瞓得至安穩嗰個, 必你莫屬咯!

也對也對.....hehehe
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-6 14:03

原帖由 NCB 於 09-6-6 08:51 發表
十月媽咪:

你的分析真的很強。大概,我同GIPW一樣要繼續煩揀邊間,請問可否給我一點指引,高主教定蘇小?星期六要決定了,真係好煩,仲辛苦過選擇自己的career。驚累個仔一世。

GIPW:
你揀邊間啞? ...

Hi NCB

Between KCS and True Light - I think I will choose KCS.  I now go further down to betwen KCS and Evangle.  
I know how you feel.  I also think the same.  More difficult than choosing a husband.... .   .  

For other mom,
Any good news ?
作者: teac    時間: 09-6-6 16:05

我派左北角循道下午,都唔知好唔好
大家話簡循道下午or蘇浙好?
好煩呀
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-6 22:05

NCB,
高主教我真係唔多認識, 你嗰個係咪仔? 高主教好似係咪有直屬OR聯繫BAND 1英中? 如果係既話, 我揀高主教! 唔好理間學校多唔多功課喇, 我深信無一間學校係唔多功課, 唔多測驗考試囉, 如果小朋友承受到壓力既話, 不妨一試!

原帖由 NCB 於 09-6-6 08:51 發表
十月媽咪:

GIPW:
你揀邊間啞? ...

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-6 22:06

北角循道唔好既咩? 今朝阿女個同學仔打畀我, 話派到北角循道上午班, 開心到震架喎! 仲話鬆口氣, 一天光晒唔駛煩添! 你係唔想小朋友讀北角循道, 定係唔想佢讀下午班呀?!

原帖由 teac 於 09-6-6 16:05 發表
我派左北角循道下午,都唔知好唔好
大家話簡循道下午or蘇浙好?
好煩呀

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-6 22:07

GIPW,

阿女派左本區第一志願, 將軍澳循道衛理, 星期二我地會去註冊啊!

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-6 14:03 發表

Hi NCB

Between KCS and True Light - I think I will choose KCS.  I now go further down to betwen KCS and Evangle.  
I know how you feel.  I also think the same.  More difficult than choosing a husba ...

作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-6 22:46

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-6 22:07 發表
GIPW,

Congratulation 十月媽咪.  You have got what you wanted.  鬆口氣.  Could have an idea of what to plan.

作者: teac    時間: 09-6-7 00:34

唔係話循道唔好,不過始終唔想放棄普通話囉。好煩呀!

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-6 22:06 發表
北角循道唔好既咩? 今朝阿女個同學仔打畀我, 話派到北角循道上午班, 開心到震架喎! 仲話鬆口氣, 一天光晒唔駛煩添! 你係唔想小朋友讀北角循道, 定係唔想佢讀下午班呀?!

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-7 08:21

GIPW,
星期二註冊將循嗰陣, 我會視乎註冊嗰陣見到既家長質素, 再決定星期六究竟留唔留位蘇小...不過就算唔留位蘇小, 都唔代表我地真係心甘情願放個女響將循啊...因為噚日我地收到RESULT之後, 都九秒九再去叩多兩間學校...呢兩間是但一間收呢, 就真係"O累"飯應畀個女讀咯! 至於蘇小...唔知點解, 始終畀唔到一種令我仆倒咁去畀個女讀既感覺...ANYWAY, 希望唻緊既日子,  個女有機會再面試 & 成功入讀真正心儀既學校啦!

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-6 22:46 發表

Congratulation 十月媽咪.  You have got what you wanted.  鬆口氣.  Could have an idea of what to plan.

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-7 08:22

如果唔介意蘇小既註冊費用的話, 咪兩間都註冊左先囉, 畀多少少時間自己做資料搜集 & 考慮清楚囉!

原帖由 teac 於 09-6-7 00:34 發表
唔係話循道唔好,不過始終唔想放棄普通話囉。好煩呀!

作者: joeytcy    時間: 09-6-7 13:47

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-6 22:07 發表
GIPW,

十媽
恭喜晒....
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-8 08:11

THANK YOU!

原帖由 joeytcy 於 09-6-7 13:47 發表

十媽
恭喜晒....

作者: NCB    時間: 09-6-8 09:45

十月媽咪:

多謝你的意見。
作者: NCB    時間: 09-6-8 09:53

十月媽咪:

恭喜你個女派到第一志願---將軍澳循道衛理

作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-8 18:57

我亞女派倒第一志願 - 北角官小,重諗緊普通話果樣野,唔知北官有冇得學,上網睇過功課似乎唔太犀利,有冇人知好唔好呀?今日都打左電話去真光keep住個位,真光12/6前要交學費,蘇小依個星期日交,都唔知點好?唔想拖太耐,聽日去學校註冊既時候感受下先。

cankab
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-8 18:59

最想知係北官既校風、老師既熱誠、兩文三語既程度同升中既情況呀!有冇人有 comment?

cankan
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-8 19:00

joeytcy,

亞女話悠悠買倒公主紀念冊啦!你係邊度買架?亞女催我要快 d!

cankan
作者: joeytcy    時間: 09-6-8 19:19

原帖由 CanKan 於 09-6-8 19:00 發表
joeytcy,

亞女話悠悠買倒公主紀念冊啦!你係邊度買架?亞女催我要快 d!

cankan

cankan...
係坑口東港城商場...帽險樂園個層...
二樓....成間藍色架.....叫Trendy Land...不過我個次去得番一本...有無再番貨就唔知....
作者: joeytcy    時間: 09-6-8 19:34

[quote]原帖由 joeytcy 於 09-6-8 19:19 發表

cankan...
岩岩過左個星期六...阿悠比左你比佢d相我....唔該晒
作者: NCB    時間: 09-6-8 20:53

GIPW,

Betwen KCS and Evangle, I would choose KCS as it has longer history than Evangle.  I think a track record is one of the important issue.
作者: joeytcy    時間: 09-6-8 21:11

原帖由 NCB 於 09-6-8 20:53 發表
GIPW,

Betwen KCS and Evangle, I would choose KCS as it has longer history than Evangle.  I think a track record is one of the important issue.

hihi
我想問下..evangle係咪播道呀..
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-8 21:29

THANK YOU!:)

原帖由 NCB 於 09-6-8 09:53 發表
十月媽咪:

恭喜你個女派到第一志願---將軍澳循道衛理

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-8 21:29

悠媽,
等我答你, 係呀, 係播道呀!

原帖由 joeytcy 於 09-6-8 21:11 發表

hihi
我想問下..evangle係咪播道呀..

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-8 21:32

我反而如果唔睇普通話呢一項, 我會揀播道, 又平又靚又正又抵讀! 老師愛心爆棚, 校長有衝勁又有活力, 老師們又朝氣勃勃...唯一唔夠蘇小勁既, 就係普通話囉! 但唔代表播道校長唔 重視喎, 只係教既方法同埋要求唔同咋喎! 在我唻講, 普通話係要唻溝通, 識聽識講已經係VERY GOOD, 若然個女已經識聽識講識埋拼音, 我會追求其他野, BUT NOT ONLY普通話啊!

原帖由 NCB 於 09-6-8 20:53 發表
GIPW,

作者: NCB    時間: 09-6-9 13:22

新校唔係唔好,因見唔到成績,擔心要做"開方牛"。
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-9 13:58

joeytcy,

trendy land 有,等我去其他分店睇睇先。

唔該哂!

cankan
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-9 13:59

joeytcy,

唔駛唔該!舉手之勞!

can
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-9 14:02

我除左寄亞女個 profile 去培正之外﹝只係寄左心理上好似都做左 d 野﹞,都冇再叩門啦!因間間好似差唔多,而家反而只係 kcs, true light 同北官既考慮啦!

can
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-9 14:03

十月媽咪:

係依個星期日係咪唔會出現啦?

can
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-9 14:45

CANKAN,

係呀, 我同我佬講, 如果只係為左普通話而留響蘇小, 咁我話我慳番出唻嗰三千蚊, 請個正統北京腔既老師返唻教個女都得咯! 唔好忘記, 仲有過海嗰千一蚊姆褓車費, 諗下都覺得肉赤!

今日去將循註冊收到張通告, 原來今年小一開始, 佢地會改晒用普通話教中文科, 另外每星期會有額外兩堂普通話堂教拼音, 聲母韻母等等...雖然我女經公文已經學晒拼音, 但有老師再幫佢鞏固&複習, 我著實係求之不得! 而佢地基本上每日都有中文堂, 即係話, 個女每日都一樣可以接觸到普通話...又係千禧校舍, 禮堂又新淨, 操場又大, 露天操場又有, 有蓋操場又有, 落大雨都唔影響上體育堂....唯一有D壓力既, 係家課唔會響學校入面做, 而係要拎番屋企做, 但我係全職MOM嘛, 所以呢樣對我影響唔大啊!

至於家長質素, 嘿嘿...我諗間間派位既津貼學校, 都總會有D騎呢家長架喇, 今日我地都見到一兩個, 其中一個仲要好似啱啱瞓醒咁, 好搞笑! 而今日註冊嗰陣, 遇著小朋友放小"色", SO FAR感覺佢地都好有秩序, 唔似係落閘放狗咁, OK喎!

SO....蘇小我地星期日應該唔會出現LU!

原帖由 CanKan 於 09-6-9 14:03 發表
十月媽咪:

係依個星期日係咪唔會出現啦?

can

作者: Chens    時間: 09-6-10 11:53

我雖然未到選校, 但十月媽咪同我的看法有些相近.
不過有想請教. 知道蘇小收生結果先, 或是與"自行派位"同時知? 如果知道蘇小結果先, 那麼自行派位就可以"博"d? 實在不明白, 請指教.
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-10 14:14

十月媽咪:

我尋日去北官註冊,因為差唔多成5:00 p.m. 先去,所有學生都放哂學啦!係嬸嬸開門俾我,佢地笑容滿面,都幾 nice,其中一個帶左我去個課室度等;

好快有個小姐入黎同我辦手續,我唔知佢係老師定係職員,感覺都係幾 nice。

我問左佢幾個問題:
〈1〉我知道學校有一位外籍老師,但我從網上了解到佢并不負責教英文科,我想知道依位外籍老師所負責既野?

->:學校有一個英文天地係由依位老師負責。

〈2〉小一有否參與這個英文天地?

->:有

〈3〉一個星期有兩堂普通話堂,課外活動有否普通話小組等?〈4〉校車的收費及上車時間?

->:因很多事情尚未落實,以上問題可留待8月份家長會再了解。

cankan
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-10 14:26

學校感覺清潔,校舍不算太大,共有8層,感覺是向上發展。

註冊時給了我一個膠 folder,入面有學校簡介,兩期校訊,兩期家教會通訊,校車路線,7月份交書簿費及校服費的資料;另有兩本比較令我留意的是輯錄了學生的文章,每一班級都有,一本中文,一本英文。

資料有提到學校每星期有一日英文日,一日普通話日,鼓勵學生多用英文及普通話;亦看到有些家長義工提到同學的英文水平比較參差。

十月媽咪:

我想問上次你去蘇小小一家長會,學校有冇依 d 資料派俾家長睇,因為單睇北官依兩本,我唔能夠比較倒兩間學校既水平。

另我上網睇過北官100%英文老師同100%普通話老師均達到教育局語文基準試既要求。我初初睇倒覺得唔錯,但諗深一層,其實係咪間間有係依個水平,并無特別?將循係咪都係一樣?

can
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-10 14:33

正常唻講, 如果你唔係蘇小既備取生, 理應係知道蘇小既結果先的...如果你留位蘇小 (幾百蚊留位費), 留左位之後, 依然可以參加統一派位 (即大抽獎), 正因為已經有蘇小呢間私校在手, 所以到統一派位嗰時可以進取d, 揀d自己真係鍾意既津校唻搏一搏, 搏到就讀津校, 搏唔到都仲有蘇小呢間私校囉! 明唔明?!

原帖由 Chens 於 09-6-10 11:53 發表
我雖然未到選校, 但十月媽咪同我的看法有些相近.
不過有想請教. 知道蘇小收生結果先, 或是與"自行派位"同時知? 如果知道蘇小結果先, 那麼自行派位就可以"博"d? 實在不明白, 請指教. ...

作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-10 14:35

尋晚我再仔細研讀北官既資料,所猶豫既係佢地既語文水平,亞女現在係蘇小每日可接觸普通話及外籍老師,但在北官,一星期只有兩堂普通話 + 1 日普通話日;而全校只有一個外籍老師,小一至小六共有30班,每班約30人,每星期可編排到與外籍老師溝通的時間實在好有限;語言既訓練似乎并不足夠?!

我再翻看之前有媽咪提供蘇小小二既時間表同北官比較,發覺中英數三科的堂數比北官多,相對地既科目訓練自然比較多,似乎可幫小朋友打穩基礎;當然佢地科目既差異我仍需花時間分析。

實在令我很難抉擇!

GIPW:

你諗成點?

CAN
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-10 14:48

上次去蘇小小一個家長會 (你無去嗎?), 如果我無記錯, 佢地只係放左一張08年升中派位情況既表畀家長 (仲要係邊個家長有興趣就自行行出去禮堂前面拎唻睇), 真係想知多d都無! 仲要嗰d所謂既名中學, 其實好多該區既學校既學生, 都有好多人可以派得到入去嗰d名中學度讀啊!

而家長會...副校長主要係力讚高年級學生既全港系統性評估成績有幾好...佢地既英文科係點教, grammer & writing由普通話老師教; oral & listening由外藉老師教, 呢個係佢地既特色! 當然...其餘各科都係用普通話教, 也是他們的長處!

我無深究將循d老師係咪100%通過d乜乜試, 物物試...之前阿女嗰班個班主任都有n咁多呢d試既cert., 但d普通話咪又係咁 (你知我嗰班幾咁混亂喇, right?!) ...呢d試查實唔代表d乜野啫....我一諗到...若然個女升到上小學, 又咁"幸運地"遇著呢類型老師, 真係....著實太太太太太"幸運"了!

讀津校, 我唔會要求英語老師&普通話老師係咪達到d乜乜乜水平....因為唔駛交學費既關係, 我對學校既要求會降低少少, 兼且如果我真係覺得學校有不足, 我慳番出唻嗰三千銀, 足夠我搵個以普通話為母語既老師 or 外藉老師教英文, 單對單教佢...但如果要我個個月交幾千銀學費, 我唔想再出現今年呢個情況...投訴唔係無用, 結果是換了老師, 但換左老師之後, 影響最大既係班小朋友, 無論新老師&小朋友都要重新適應...已經有一年係咁喇, 再上既話, 是但有一年再係咁我都唔想囉...so.....你明我意思喇!

原帖由 CanKan 於 09-6-10 14:26 發表
學校感覺清潔,校舍不算太大,共有8層,感覺是向上發展。

註冊時給了我一個膠 folder,入面有學校簡介,兩期校訊,兩期家教會通訊,校車路線,7月份交書簿費及校服費的資料;另有兩本比較令我留意的是輯錄了學生的文章,每一班級都有,一 ...

作者: Chens    時間: 09-6-10 14:52

十月媽咪: 我都明白少少..不過我唔想現大抽獎. 基本上..想知道會否在"自行-即計分"未報時已知道自己是否蘇小既備取生? 另外..你是否知道..已往蘇幼的學生多數因為已經多年普通話根基已被取錄機會大d?

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-10 14:33 發表
正常唻講, 如果你唔係蘇小既備取生, 理應係知道蘇小既結果先的...如果你留位蘇小 (幾百蚊留位費), 留左位之後, 依然可以參加統一派位 (即大抽獎), 正因為已經有蘇小呢間私校在手, 所以到統一派位嗰時可以進取d, 揀d ...

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-10 14:53

你呢一刻好煩....但有無諗過, 若然家姐升讀蘇小, 萬一幾年後, 蘇小又好似而家咁樣, 唔收番細佬, 而到時細佬只有5分, 條路會更加難行呢?! 到時你或者會更煩! 講真, 如果係唔考慮細佬既問題, 真光唔係更好咩? 一條龍喎!

普通話同英文係緊要, 但仲有好多途徑可以補番呢方面既不足啫, 係咪?! for我唻講, 讀教會學校最難頂係嗰科宗教科啊, 哈哈哈!

原帖由 CanKan 於 09-6-10 14:35 發表
尋晚我再仔細研讀北官既資料,所猶豫既係佢地既語文水平,亞女現在係蘇小每日可接觸普通話及外籍老師,但在北官,一星期只有兩堂普通話 + 1 日普通話日;而全校只有一個外籍老師,小一至小六共有30班,每班約30人,每星期可編排到與 ...

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-10 14:56

自行嗰part, for蘇幼升蘇小既學生唻講, 我地係響自行計分嗰part申請之前, 已經知道學校收唔收番的了...由副校長曾經響上年同我地講過, 今年K2升K3嗰班幼稚園生, 未必會好似今年咁直升的, 到時佢地可能都要面試, 不過我諗自已學生會響自行計分申請之前知道結果吧! (但都只係估計咋!)

至於外來生, 我諗要視乎你幾時申請, 蘇小通常兩星期內都有結果, 想早D知結果, 不妨早D申請囉!

原帖由 Chens 於 09-6-10 14:52 發表
十月媽咪: 我都明白少少..不過我唔想現大抽獎. 基本上..想知道會否在"自行-即計分"未報時已知道自己是否蘇小既備取生? 另外..你是否知道..已往蘇幼的學生多數因為已經多年普通話根基已被取錄機會大d?

作者: Chens    時間: 09-6-10 15:07

多謝你. 如果你無估計錯, 我就安心用"自行"博一博.
似乎"蘇小"d 行政快過 "蘇幼". 哈!

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-10 14:56 發表
自行嗰part, for蘇幼升蘇小既學生唻講, 我地係響自行計分嗰part申請之前, 已經知道學校收唔收番的了...由副校長曾經響上年同我地講過, 今年K2升K3嗰班幼稚園生, 未必會好似今年咁直升的, 到時佢地可能都要面試, 不過 ...

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-10 15:11

係? 你係唻緊呢年將會參加自行分配學費既K2家長? 外校生定本校生呀?!

原帖由 Chens 於 09-6-10 15:07 發表
多謝你. 如果你無估計錯, 我就安心用"自行"博一博.
似乎"蘇小"d 行政快過 "蘇幼". 哈!

作者: Chens    時間: 09-6-10 16:59

唔係呢年..不過都要想想..我會選16區, 除非搬. 本校生呀.

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-10 15:11 發表
係? 你係唻緊呢年將會參加自行分配學費既K2家長? 外校生定本校生呀?!

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-10 17:25

唔係呢年都咁快諗定? 好好planning啊!

原帖由 Chens 於 09-6-10 16:59 發表
唔係呢年..不過都要想想..我會選16區, 除非搬. 本校生呀.

作者: hayhay2007    時間: 09-6-10 21:32

請問有無家長的小朋友考到入蘇淅國際幼稚園嗎?
因小兒由有出世紙巳排隊申報入讀,在下個星期,我親自上門問過究竟,才發現我是排左國際班,而國際班是不需面試,當有位而小朋友又夠年齡就可入學,有無媽咪可以交流吓?
作者: joeytcy    時間: 09-6-11 14:18

你地知唔知畢業典禮係米取消呀....overover
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-11 14:24

Hi
Just come back to Hong Kong from trip.  Missing out for quite a while.

Can Mum
North Point government school is a good school but I would say not as good as KCS in term of general preception.  But as what 十月媽媽 say : if you could save HK$3000 a month, you could have more to afford her for other ECA.  But in my class, seems that quite a no of the mum might choose to stay in KCS as quite a no of the kids like the school.  Just like my girl, she thinks the school is great and her friends are great too.  She is very happy with the school.  

Peer group is one of my main concern - as my girl is easily influenced by her friends.  So far I observed that quite a no of the parents of KCS are 有愛心 parents and cares for their kids.  Again main concern for me is the school premises and ECA.  But as one of my friend say (I consider them very successful mom as her sons all goes to London school of business and cambridge), it is sometimes worthwhile to sacrify the school environment for a good learning discipline.  I create some other ECA for her.

As for Evangle, good school but principal Lo is too much an icon or even the pillar of the school.  If somehow, the principal Lo decides not to be the principal on the school again, I bet the school will be choas.  This just happend to HKUGA a few years ago  ---- especially when the school is too new.

十月嫣媽
which school will you "knock the door"   

Others
基灣 (net16) will accept 後補生 ?  but many homework
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-11 14:25

joeytcy,

畢業禮唔知!但星期日個小一家長會就照常。

Cankan
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-11 14:27

原帖由 joeytcy 於 09-6-11 14:18 發表
你地知唔知畢業典禮係米取消呀....overover

Just called.  Admin office say --  No further information
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-11 14:29

原帖由 hayhay2007 於 09-6-10 21:32 發表
請問有無家長的小朋友考到入蘇淅國際幼稚園嗎?
因小兒由有出世紙巳排隊申報入讀,在下個星期,我親自上門問過究竟,才發現我是排左國際班,而國際班是不需面試,當有位而小朋友又夠年齡就可入學,有無媽咪可以交流吓? ...

hay Hay
What you wish to know ?

GIPW
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-11 14:44

GIPW,

Thanks for your comments!  Does it mean that you will choose KCS?  

Actually my daughter could be influenced by others easily, just like your daughter.  That's the reason why I am quite concern the background of the students in North Point Goverment Primary School.  

Regarding the premises of the school, I would say both school are similar.  I do not satisfy with the premises of KCS but it's not the important one when compare with other issues.

My husband & I studied the timetable of KCS, True Light and NP Govt School last night.  I believe it would be quite hard to study in KCS but my daughter may benefit more if she can handle.  Actually the timetable of KCS fits the theory of us : "the most important thing is our daughter can familiar with Chinese, English & Mathematics with fluent in Mandarin & English."  The timetable of True Light and NP Govt School likely the same but we have to pay the school fee for True Light.  So, I would say that in the first round, I would give up True Light.  

I just call KCS and find that the meeting on coming Sunday will be held at normal.  The only change is the children may not attend the meeting if the parents think that not good.  I will attend the meeting and try to get more information.  How about you?

Cankan
作者: CanKan    時間: 09-6-11 14:52

GIPW,

Will you let your daughter join the ECA that held by KCS (actually most of them are free of charge) or choose the ECA that held by other organization?

Can
作者: Sorb    時間: 09-6-11 15:22

What ECA are free of charge in KCS primary school?  I didn't hear my niece (attending KCS P1) or her mum (my sister-in-law) mentioned there are free ECA in KCS primary school. If there are and free of charge, why not join and then supplement by outside service providers.

By the way, any ECA courses (free or paid) offered by KCS KG?

Dear mums, interest to go through your thoughts in selecting primary schools for your children.  I have never considered KCS primary school for my kid before, but after reading, I start to move a little bit. Hope you all can make the choice that fit your child.
作者: Sorb    時間: 09-6-11 15:24     標題: 回覆 9# hayhay2007 的文章

HayHay 2007, you want to apply local or international stream?  Your message is not very clear.
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-11 15:46

GIPW,
我地唔係叩好多, 只係叩一間津校 (ST. MARY) & 一間私校 (G.H.)! 兩間都係女校, My favourite! 本來都想叩埋KTS的, 但考慮到KTS同KCS一樣, 六年後又係要再煩中學, 所以最後都放棄!

CANKAN,
你搞到我都心思思, 睇下星期日好唔好都返一轉學校, 昅下究竟仲有咩新資料啊!

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-11 14:24 發表
Hi
Just come back to Hong Kong from trip.  Missing out for quite a while.

Can Mum
North Point government school is a good school but I would say not as good as KCS in term of general preception.  Bu ...

作者: Sorb    時間: 09-6-11 17:19     標題: 回覆 1# 十月媽咪 的文章

十月媽咪, you mean your favourite is girl schools?? I am from girl school too (sedondary only), but I prefer my child going to primary schools with both sex, I don't mind her going to girl secondary school.  I am afraid going to a girl school too early, my girl may have difficulties in communicating with the opposite sex when she grows up : )
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-11 17:26

sorb,
我唔怕個女唔識同d男孩子溝通呀, 我見佢而家成日話要嫁畀同班既男同學, 我真係驚過佢呀! 佢兩個仲要大抽獎抽埋同一間學校, 若然咁啱又編埋同一班...不得了!

我女好早熟的, 思想&樣貌都成熟, 我諗放佢響女校, 我會安心d!

原帖由 Sorb 於 09-6-11 17:19 發表
十月媽咪, you mean your favourite is girl schools?? I am from girl school too (sedondary only), but I prefer my child going to primary schools with both sex, I don't mind her going to girl secondary s ...

作者: Sorb    時間: 09-6-11 17:34     標題: 回覆 1# 十月媽咪 的文章

Funny, your daughter makes me laugh in office..........原來"十月媽咪"有個"十月芥菜女", just kidding.......
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-11 17:43

所以呢...for我唻講...畀個女讀女校會安全d...加上佢係十月芥菜, 我唔驚佢變同性戀啊! 最緊要唔好高小就失身, 你知喇, 花咁多時間去培育佢呀, 有咩行差踏錯, 真係滿盤皆落索嘛! 希望畀我叩到啦!

原帖由 Sorb 於 09-6-11 17:34 發表
Funny, your daughter makes me laugh in office..........原來"十月媽咪"有個"十月芥菜女", just kidding.......

作者: Sorb    時間: 09-6-11 17:50     標題: 回覆 1# 十月媽咪 的文章

If so, why don't you choose the girl school in the lucky draw stage or apply True Light?
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-11 18:05

我住tko, 本身tko無女校, 其實我跨區頭三個志願都係女校, 分別係1) st. mary; 2)天神嘉諾撒; 3)九龍塘嘉諾撒聖家...無奈既係...no luck!

至於真光, 我都有報, 不過人地唔收我個女呢, 唉...waiting咋! 如果真光收我個女, 我都懶諗咁多野喇!

不過點解最終都唔叩多次真光呢? 因為衡量到屋企同學校距離著實係頗遠, 若然我要去學校湊女放學, 亦係好辛苦, 坐褓姆車, 車費又貴, 所以最終決定唔叩喇!

而G.H.呢, 我女都係WAITING, 但G.H.響九龍區, FOR我地始終比較方便, 同埋G.H.英文較強, 我佬希望放棄左普通話小學之後, 都搵番間英文小學囉!

原帖由 Sorb 於 09-6-11 17:50 發表
If so, why don't you choose the girl school in the lucky draw stage or apply True Light?

作者: Sorb    時間: 09-6-11 18:16     標題: 回覆 1# 十月媽咪 的文章

I seeeee.... all are Catheric schools.  If your daughter is not a Catheric, not easy to enter.  Don't give up lah, GIPW and some other parents may give up True Light, so, if your daughter is on top of the waiting list, your daughter can be admited to True Light.  Good luck!!!
作者: hayhay2007    時間: 09-6-11 18:32

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-11 14:27 發表

Just called.  Admin office say --  No further information

請問ok嗎?如幼稚園(國際)是否直升小學和中學,校風如果,因為蘇淅小學ok,但中學就麻麻了,請被d意見。

thanks!!
作者: hayhay2007    時間: 09-6-11 18:34

原帖由 Sorb 於 09-6-11 15:24 發表
HayHay 2007, you want to apply local or international stream?  Your message is not very clear.

我申請左國際,如小朋友到三歲有位就可以入學了,老師說應該有位,在下年二月初。
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-11 19:09

原帖由 hayhay2007 於 09-6-11 18:32 發表

請問ok嗎?如幼稚園(國際)是否直升小學和中學,校風如果,因為蘇淅小學ok,但中學就麻麻了,請被d意見。

thanks!!

Most of the KCS (Int'l) will go st into the primary then secondary.  I have actually put my boy in the pm session next year but given that the school would arrange lunch place then nap place for them.  My boy will also be in K1 am in the coming academic year.  

In the days of my girl that is two years ago, you could actually arrange your kid to go to local Kinder then international in the afternoon.  They could arrange room for your kids to take a nap.

But I was told that they might cancel this type of arrangement because of the education department does not like this.  If this is the case, I will need to withdraw from the afternoon international session.  Kids can not stand a whole day learning without nap.  

For admission it is easy, no interview and they just accepted my application.
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-11 19:23

原帖由 CanKan 於 09-6-11 14:44 發表
GIPW,

Thanks for your comments!  Does it mean that you will choose KCS?  

Actually my daughter could be influenced by others easily, just like your daughter.  That's the reason why I am quite concer ...

Hi CanKan

Yes. I will be there.  I think I might bring my girl go on that day if she wants to go.  For me after going thru all the offers that I have, seems like kCS is a good school.  I also talked to quite a no of the parents whose child is now in P1 and P2 and they all said their children like the school.  Many dictations say one or twice a week.  But the kids seem to adapt well as dictations are just so naturally to them.  

If you are afraid that your kid will 死背書, one of the technique that we parents could use is try to ask them "why" question when you speak to them.  eg:  why do you say the food is nice, what is so nice ... stimulate their thinking.  or games like give me 3 why question when you are reading a book, sight seeing (building) and etc.

Just one thing that a KCS teacher talked to me that I want to share with you : " with a devoted parents, your kid will be okay no matter where you put your kids".  Of course at that time we are only talking about HKUGA and KCS.  This has given me some inspiration ---  deciding a school for our children is not the end of the story but just the beginning and more importantly home education will need to be go on .... how you want to shape your children.

I will see you on Sunday
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-11 19:26

原帖由 Sorb 於 09-6-11 17:19 發表
十月媽咪, you mean your favourite is girl schools?? I am from girl school too (sedondary only), but I prefer my child going to primary schools with both sex, I don't mind her going to girl secondary s ...

Sorb

This is exactly what I am thinking of.  I just want them to grow up in an environment when there are both sex.  I do not mind a girl secondary school.   

but at this stage, I have a few discussions with my friends that they think a school with both sex will be better.
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-11 19:28

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-11 15:46 發表
GIPW,
我地唔係叩好多, 只係叩一間津校 (ST. MARY) & 一間私校 (G.H.)! 兩間都係女校, My favourite! 本來都想叩埋KTS的, 但考慮到KTS同KCS一樣, 六年後又係要再煩中學, 所以最後都放棄!

CANKAN,
你搞到我都心思思, ...

十月媽咪
Welcome to the school.  Maybe you will have a different view.
作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-11 19:28

嘩, 你打英文真係打得好鬼快! 呢頭至睇完一段, 嗰頭已經出到另一個POST, 好勁呀你!

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-11 19:26 發表

Sorb

This is exactly what I am thinking of.  I just want them to grow up in an environment when there are both sex.  I do not mind a girl secondary school.   

but at this stage, I have a few discu ...

作者: 十月媽咪    時間: 09-6-11 19:29

可能呢三年你嗰班既老師都好穩定, 又遇到超勁純正普通話既老師, 所以你對KCS會好有信心, 但係...我真係好怕唻緊嗰六年, 會再遇到好似呢三年咁樣既情況呢!

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-11 19:28 發表

十月媽咪
Welcome to the school.  Maybe you will have a different view.

作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-11 19:44

原帖由 Sorb 於 09-6-11 15:22 發表
What ECA are free of charge in KCS primary school?  I didn't hear my niece (attending KCS P1) or her mum (my sister-in-law) mentioned there are free ECA in KCS primary school. If there are and free of ...

Most of them is free of charge.  The school is good at 朗誦, chinese dance, 書法 and some maths.  This is told by one of the parents whose daughter was admitted by DGS F1 last year.   if you are good, you can join the swimming school team.  

Of course, as compared to some other school, who have activities like ruby, golf, cooking, roller skating - their ECA is lesser.  But having a second thought that when you are in primary, you just do not have time to join everything, then this seems like not so important now.  

Currently my daughter is already in the choir team, roller skating team and also swimming team and also piano class.  These has taken much of their time.
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-11 19:48

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-11 19:29 發表
可能呢三年你嗰班既老師都好穩定, 又遇到超勁純正普通話既老師, 所以你對KCS會好有信心, 但係...我真係好怕唻緊嗰六年, 會再遇到好似呢三年咁樣既情況呢!

You are quite right.  We are very lucky and she is a very devoted teacher.  Look at the " exercise day " , their session is the only one with full dress performance and doing a series of different poise for parents to take picture .  she often call me to discuss the development of the kids.  Of course there are parents who think she is not good as well.  I do not know .... maybe I personally also talked to her in Mandarin.
作者: GIPW    時間: 09-6-11 19:50

原帖由 十月媽咪 於 09-6-11 19:28 發表
嘩, 你打英文真係打得好鬼快! 呢頭至睇完一段, 嗰頭已經出到另一個POST, 好勁呀你!

i can write better in English than in Chinese.  Tell you a secret, my chinese is only up to primary standard.  I could only write with 手寫板, so very very slow .  

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5