教育王國

標題: We received the interview letter from ESF KJS today. What should we prepare? [打印本頁]

作者: YYFUNG    時間: 10-11-20 14:45     標題: We received the interview letter from ESF KJS today. What should we prepare?

We've just received the interview letter from Kowloon Junior School this morning. The interview will be on 28 January 2011. What do we prepare for it? Anyone can share. Thanks!
-Maria
作者: homummum    時間: 10-11-20 17:33

hi, Maria,

May I know if your kid is a student of an ESF kinder?
作者: homummum    時間: 10-11-20 17:54

Maria,

Whoops... forget to answer your question after posting mine.  

What u have to prepare is to make sure your kid is willing and capable of speaking fluent english during the interview. That's all.
作者: csmc88    時間: 10-11-20 18:38

Referring to some previous post, there is no formal interview at ESF Kinder. The children just play there as a playgroup. They don't expect you to speak fluent English too cos cat 2 kids don't speak English as their 1st language.
My kid will also has her visit in Jan but she doesn't speak english at all, only some simple words.
So relax and enjoy!
作者: highfive    時間: 10-11-20 20:42

I think you might have confused KJS with ESF kinder. KJS is an ESF primary school. They DO expect your child to be fluent in English during the interview for their primary schools, and that's about all they want to find out.

原帖由 csmc88 於 10-11-20 18:38 發表
Referring to some previous post, there is no formal interview at ESF Kinder. The children just play there as a playgroup. They don't expect you to speak fluent English too cos cat 2 kids don't speak E ...

作者: kkmoremore    時間: 10-11-20 21:27

我都剛剛收到interview letter, 但係 for waitlist place, 現在好擔心! 有冇家長都係咁?

My child is applied for QBS.

[ 本帖最後由 kkmoremore 於 10-11-20 21:39 編輯 ]
作者: YYFUNG    時間: 10-11-20 21:32     標題: 回覆 2# homummum 的文章

My kid is not any ESF kindergarten student. She's studying at Starters on Hong Kong.
-Maria
作者: YYFUNG    時間: 10-11-20 21:40     標題: 回覆 3# homummum 的文章

Hi, homummum,
Thanks for the tips.
Very useful.
When do we usually know the result for acceptance?

p.s. Starters on hk island, I mean.
- Maria
作者: YYFUNG    時間: 10-11-20 21:45     標題: 回覆 5# highfive 的文章

Hi highfive,
Good to hear from you here. I communicated with u last year. It's our turn this year. Oh thank you for clarifying. KJS is one of ESF primary school located in HO Man Tin.
We are super delighted to have an interview in the first round.
Highfive, wish your kid have happy days every day : D
Maria
作者: HaydenNg    時間: 10-11-20 22:24

YYFUNG,

Congratulations on your receiving 1st round interview invitation!!

May I ask if your child has any siblings or other criteria that place your child on higher priority than cat 2 child?

My boy is also not from ESF KG and we didn't get an interview invitation in this 1st round.

原帖由 YYFUNG 於 10-11-20 21:32 發表
My kid is not any ESF kindergarten student. She's studying at Starters on Hong Kong.
-Maria

作者: YYFUNG    時間: 10-11-20 22:34     標題: 回覆 10# HaydenNg 的文章

She has no siblings at any ESF school. Her mother tongue is English perhaps.
I wish you had good news soon. Which school do you apply?
-Maria
作者: HaydenNg    時間: 10-11-20 23:59

Hi Maria,

My boy is a Dec boy, no sibling, mother tongue is English, attending Anfield...  so don't know what selection criteria ESF used when selecting Cat 2 for interview?!?  My boy is a very small boy, disadvantage as a Dec boy??

I also applied ESF KJS, RC, JIS, hopefully, can have an interview chance from other schools.

原帖由 YYFUNG 於 10-11-20 22:34 發表
-Maria

作者: highfive    時間: 10-11-21 00:05

Thanks, Maria! He's having a good time at his school. We're glad to have sent him through the IS route, certainly beats having to deal with all the pressure and homework in the local schools.

原帖由 YYFUNG 於 10-11-20 21:45 發表
Hi highfive,
Good to hear from you here. I communicated with u last year. It's our turn this year. Oh thank you for clarifying. KJS is one of ESF primary school located in HO Man Tin.
We are super d ...

作者: highfive    時間: 10-11-21 00:08

原帖由 kkmoremore 於 10-11-20 21:27 發表
我都剛剛收到interview letter, 但係 for waitlist place, 現在好擔心! 有冇家長都係咁?

My child is applied for QBS.

We went for an interview for a waitlist last year too at CWBS, and were eventually offered a place before the summer (but we declined because we chose another IS already). There's still a good chance you'll get a place in the end if your child pass the waitlist interview.
作者: steamball    時間: 10-11-21 08:25

[ 本帖最後由 steamball 於 10-11-27 12:53 編輯 ]
作者: SaBB    時間: 10-11-21 21:42

原帖由 highfive 於 10-11-21 00:08 發表

We went for an interview for a waitlist last year too at CWBS, and were eventually offered a place before the summer (but we declined because we chose another IS already). There's still a good chanc ...

highfive,
is your child from esf kindergarten? or is she/he in cat1?
because all the esf kindergarten cat 2 students were placed on the waitlist and they had no chance to be invited even for the interview at any of the esf schools
作者: HaydenNg    時間: 10-11-21 21:52

steamball,

yes, remember you.  Congratulations!!  You've got the precious letter from CWBS for interview!!

I'm still waiting for good luck to come to my family.

原帖由 steamball 於 10-11-21 08:25 發表
HaydenNg        , remember me, we got letter from CWBS today

作者: FennieMan    時間: 10-11-21 22:23

YYFUNG,
would you mind to tell me your girl on cat 1 or cat 2?  cause my girls mother tongue also in English, but in Cat 2.
原帖由 YYFUNG 於 10-11-20 22:34 發表
-Maria

作者: highfive    時間: 10-11-21 22:40

原帖由 SaBB 於 10-11-21 21:42 發表

highfive,
is your child from esf kindergarten? or is she/he in cat1?
because all the esf kindergarten cat 2 students were placed on the waitlist and they had no chance to be invited even for the int ...

No, he's not fom any ESF kinder. I believe he should be in Cat 2 because we clearly indicated in the application form that both parents speak Cantonese although we put English as his first language because it is the language he's most fluent in and it was the language we spoke to him at home (not anymore as we're trying to make him speak more Cantonese). That was last year though.

[ 本帖最後由 highfive 於 10-11-21 22:42 編輯 ]
作者: augasmas    時間: 10-11-21 23:30

Hi Highfive

Did you receive the waitlist interview letter at the same time of the 1st round interview letters? Are you in Cat 2?

Thanks

We went for an interview for a waitlist last year too at CWBS, and were eventually offered a place before the summer (but we declined because we chose another IS already). There's still a good chanc ...

作者: steamball    時間: 10-11-22 07:15

HaydenNg

good news is coming to your family, don't worry, u apply KJS?
作者: YYFUNG    時間: 10-11-22 08:42     標題: 回覆 18# FennieMan 的文章

Hi, FennieMan,
They didn't mention which category the child (i.e. the applicant) is in. My husband and the girl are ABC only.
I wish all the best to you too.
Kind regards,
-Maria
作者: YYFUNG    時間: 10-11-22 08:53     標題: 回覆 12# HaydenNg 的文章

Hi, HaydenNg,
as steamball said, you 'll get the letter soon. I learnt that they would fill up the places until the summer. They might put those successful CWBS appliacnt to KJS/ SJS too.

You have prepared it well as we didn't apply for other schools. We plan for the worse - to keep the girl in Starters for P1 in case...........I wish this wouldn't happen.

Kind Regards,
-Maria
作者: highfive    時間: 10-11-22 09:09

原帖由 augasmas 於 10-11-21 23:30 發表
Hi Highfive

Did you receive the waitlist interview letter at the same time of the 1st round interview letters? Are you in Cat 2?

Thanks

I can't remember exactly when we received the letter anymore, but I remember the interview was in mid January. For the Cat 2 question, please refer to my previous posts.
作者: homummum    時間: 10-11-22 10:21

Hi YY FUNG,

If your gal was born in America, she would be classified as Cat. 1 under ESF system as she could not access to local school system enjoying the free education provided by the EDB.  I got a friend whose son was born in Canada.  He was classified as Cat.1 as well even my friend stated in the application form that the kid could speak and understand Cantonese.
作者: augasmas    時間: 10-11-22 10:27

Thanks, Highfive.

原帖由 highfive 於 10-11-22 09:09 發表

I can't remember exactly when we received the letter anymore, but I remember the interview was in mid January. For the Cat 2 question, please refer to my previous posts.

作者: kkmoremore    時間: 10-11-22 11:08

Thanks, highfive!

作者: FennieMan    時間: 10-11-22 13:44

Hi YYFUNG,
Thanks for your reply!  My hubby and my girls is BBC!  But we're not lucky as you, cause we are in cat 2.
作者: HaydenNg    時間: 10-11-22 13:44

Thanks steamball for your kind encouragement.  Yes, I applied KJS, RC and JIS, will perhaps apply more IS too.
原帖由 steamball 於 10-11-22 07:15 發表
HaydenNg

good news is coming to your family, don't worry, u apply KJS?

作者: FennieMan    時間: 10-11-22 13:47

That your friend very luck, cause I also filled in the form said that my girls can speak & understanding Cantonese, but that's the reason they put my girls in cat 2, even they're holding a British passport.
原帖由 homummum 於 10-11-22 10:21 發表
Hi YY FUNG,

If your gal was born in America, she would be classified as Cat. 1 under ESF system as she could not access to local school system enjoying the free education provided by the EDB.  I got  ...

作者: cocobean225    時間: 10-11-22 14:03

Steamball,
congrats. Is your child from Abacus? cat 1?
原帖由 steamball 於 10-11-21 08:25 發表
HaydenNg        , remember me, we got letter from CWBS today

作者: oooray    時間: 10-11-22 14:07

原帖由 HaydenNg 於 10-11-20 23:59 發表
Hi Maria,

My boy is a Dec boy, no sibling, mother tongue is English, attending Anfield...  so don't know what selection criteria ESF used when selecting Cat 2 for interview?!?  My boy is a very small ...

I guess ESF won't screen you by age for interview priority. Of course, u need to perform well when attending the interview.
BTW, have u got RC email yet? They send out the email this morning...
作者: homummum    時間: 10-11-22 14:24

Hi Fennieman,

Not sure about your situation.  But for my friend, her son was born in Canada.  After birth, the boy entered and stayed in HK by way of holding a visa.
作者: YYFUNG    時間: 10-11-22 16:02     標題: 回覆 30# FennieMan 的文章

My child can't speak Chinese. Only what she imitates is "good morning", " yes" in Chinese then already keep laughing without any words to follow.
As her cousin is in KgV and her Grans are from also SFO, she is fluent only in English.
I hope you all the best.
-maria
作者: YYFUNG    時間: 10-11-22 16:05

Hi all mommies,
Today RC sends the email informing the interview invitation to be arrived thus week.
I got this too. I wish all of you have good news as well.
Take care.
Maria
作者: steamball    時間: 10-11-22 16:58

[ 本帖最後由 steamball 於 10-11-27 12:52 編輯 ]
作者: HaydenNg    時間: 10-11-23 21:06

No luck with RC too!  

原帖由 oooray 於 10-11-22 14:07 發表

I guess ESF won't screen you by age for interview priority. Of course, u need to perform well when attending the interview.
BTW, have u got RC email yet? They send out the email this morning...

作者: steamball    時間: 10-11-23 21:14

HaydenNg       

pls check pm
作者: HaydenNg    時間: 10-11-23 21:39

Steamball,
Replied PM.  Thanks!!
原帖由 steamball 於 10-11-23 21:14 發表
HaydenNg        

pls check pm

作者: bbtigger    時間: 10-11-24 14:07

Hi HaydenNg,
It's only the first round, you still have chances.  Lots of parents will apply for both schools (I'm one of them :p) to play safe, they can only take one offer finally, so you still have chances, just wait.
原帖由 HaydenNg 於 10-11-23 21:06 發表
No luck with RC too!  

作者: oooray    時間: 10-11-24 15:04

原帖由 HaydenNg 於 10-11-23 21:06 發表
No luck with RC too!  

To be honest, I foreseed today's senario 2 years ago. So i made the decision to quit after Pre-K.
Anfield is a good school but not suitable for Cat. 2 parents want to go to ESF/RC/DC.
2 year ago, non-ESF kindy children could most probably secured 1st round interview in RC when no. of applicants were 3XX.
This year, with more classes in Hillside and also WKS + ESF kinder encouraging students applying RC and/or DC, no. of applicants shoot up to 5XX.
Better be patient...chance will be coming soon.

[ 本帖最後由 oooray 於 10-11-24 15:11 編輯 ]
作者: HaydenNg    時間: 10-11-25 00:12

Thanks for all your comforting advice.

I choose Anfield because ESF/RC are not my first preference IS.  I have no regret to have my boy study in Anfield because he really learns a lot from school and love going to school.

原帖由 oooray 於 10-11-24 15:04 發表

To be honest, I foreseed today's senario 2 years ago. So i made the decision to quit after Pre-K.
Anfield is a good school but not suitable for Cat. 2 parents want to go to ESF/RC/DC.
2 year ago, non ...

作者: victoriarosary    時間: 10-11-25 12:58     標題: other international schools

Can anyone tell me what other international schools in N.T or Kln perform better academically compared to ESF schools.
I have searched information about other alternatives, yet I still couldn't find one. Pls advice.
作者: BabyMiMi    時間: 10-11-25 23:58

Steamball,

Cong.  My son only got a waiting list letter....:(
作者: steamball    時間: 10-11-26 07:03

[ 本帖最後由 steamball 於 10-11-27 12:51 編輯 ]
作者: reneeleung    時間: 10-11-26 15:04

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: BabyMiMi    時間: 10-11-27 23:47

Hi Steamball,

My son applied KJS ....
作者: AquaKirin    時間: 12-1-9 13:02

I also wondered what is their selection criteria for 1 round interviews with Cat 2 kids?  Also, wondered how many rounds are there for Cat 2 kids?

Thanks.
作者: c200    時間: 12-1-9 14:50

I guess their selection is based on Parents job and Home address.

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5