教育王國

標題: Kornhill Int'l [打印本頁]

作者: yame    時間: 10-11-21 02:34     標題: Kornhill Int'l

Did you go to their interviews?  How do you find the school?

After the interview, I found that they only have 44 seats for N1.  So the chance is a bit slim.  But I take them as my first choice.  Hope my child can get a seat there!
作者: jelly-pudding    時間: 10-11-21 02:38

原帖由 yame 於 10-11-21 02:34 發表
Did you go to their interviews?  How do you find the school?

After the interview, I found that they only have 44 seats for N1.  So the chance is a bit slim.  But I take them as my first choice.  Hope ...

Wish you good luck.
How do you feel about this school?
We give up the interview today (but I forget to call them to cancel it), they called me to follow up.  I think this school should be quite well organised ^^
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-11-21 07:37     標題: 回覆 2# jelly-pudding 的文章

I like the environment and the interviewing teacher is american. But we donno the reputation of this nursery. We think it is better than ming wei. Which school dod u choose?
作者: jelly-pudding    時間: 10-11-21 21:34

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-11-21 07:37 發表
I like the environment and the interviewing teacher is american. But we donno the reputation of this nursery. We think it is better than ming wei. Which school dod u choose?

If 蘇淅 accepts my son, I will choose 蘇淅.  If fail 蘇淅, we will go for Mingwai.

I finally did not consider Kornhill internation because I prefer my son also learn Cantonese in  school.  But heard that Kornhill Int'l only use English, Mandarin and Japanese.

My situation now is:
1st choice -  蘇淅 (Nov 27 至in, 未知收唔收)
2nd choice - 明慧 (收左PM Class, 希望轉到AM Class)
3rd choice - 迦南 (收左AM Class)
4th choice - 啟思 (收左PM Class)
5th choive - 聖道明 (收左AM Class)

因為明慧已經收左,所以我 IN 埋蘇淅就算了. 唔打算再去咁多interview 啦 (原本仲有躍思, Victoria, 衛理堂, Kornhill Int'l, St Anna)

[ 本帖最後由 jelly-pudding 於 10-11-21 21:36 編輯 ]
作者: dadabb2009    時間: 10-11-21 23:14

turtlelau, yame, oh how do u find the school? was the teachers nice? we did not like the school too much after the campus visit as the teachers did not look too nice, maybe i was wrong... just want to see how you found the interview?
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-21 23:47

原帖由 dadabb2009 於 10-11-21 23:14 發表
turtlelau, yame, oh how do u find the school? was the teachers nice? we did not like the school too much after the campus visit as the teachers did not look too nice, maybe i was wrong... just want to ...

I think the school's administration was quite smooth.  I was quite impressed as I went to another school the other week and that school was a bit messy in terms of administration.

When I was waiting for the interview, I saw a few teachers and they looked nice.  The one interviewing my son was an Asian (but not sure of her nationality).  She asked us a few questions and gave us the chance to ask her questions.  The teacher was nice, as she liked to smile.  However, we were not shown around the school.  So, I am not sure how the school really looks like.

dadabb2009, can you recall who interviewed you?
作者: dadabb2009    時間: 10-11-22 08:13

Yame, actually we gave up interviewing after the campus visit in oct, since the teacher did not look too nice n i was told the interview was conducted in english plus it expects the kid to talk n respond! my b is little b, so she did not talk a lot even cantonese! was the interview really in english n expected kids to talk?
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-11-22 11:31     標題: 回覆 5# dadabb2009 的文章

The teacher who interview my son called Shirley, she is quite nice. I like the environment, spacious and fresh air. Since my son is 0909, if it accepts him, we may take this offer.
By the way, anyone knows if St. Anna nursery at Taikoo Shing is good? Pls give me some comments on this school? Will it be better than Kornhill international?
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-22 13:21

原帖由 dadabb2009 於 10-11-22 08:13 發表
Yame, actually we gave up interviewing after the campus visit in oct, since the teacher did not look too nice n i was told the interview was conducted in english plus it expects the kid to talk n resp ...

Yes, the interview was conducted in English, so both my husband and I had to speak in English.  The teacher did ask my baby to follow her to the interview room and to stack the blocks etc.  She mainly looked at the baby to see if he can follow some simple instructions or understand other's body language.
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-22 13:26

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-11-22 11:31 發表
The teacher who interview my son called Shirley, she is quite nice. I like the environment, spacious and fresh air. Since my son is 0909, if it accepts him, we may take this offer.
By the way, anyone ...

My niece studied in St. Anna's N1.  She liked it, I think.  Although I don't know much about her school, I can see that she is quite smart.  And luckily, she was admitted to the K1 of Sacred Heart!

[ 本帖最後由 yame 於 10-11-23 23:26 編輯 ]
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-11-22 15:52     標題: 回覆 10# yame 的文章

Thanks for your tips, Yame. Which stream does your cousin studied in? local or international?
作者: twllc    時間: 10-11-22 22:50

The teacher who interviewed my boy is also an Asian. I think she was not very nice. The teacher spoke politely to my son, but her face seems not much smile compared with other western teachers and assistants. Maybe because my son is too small (dec 09) and many instructions can't finished.
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-23 23:32

原帖由 twllc 於 10-11-22 22:50 發表
The teacher who interviewed my boy is also an Asian. I think she was not very nice. The teacher spoke politely to my son, but her face seems not much smile compared with other western teachers and ass ...

what's her name?  can you recall?
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-11-24 10:10     標題: 回覆 4# jelly-pudding 的文章

Jelly-pudding, pls note there is some bad comments about Ming Wai, be careful.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/vie ... &extra=page%3D3
作者: 小小mami    時間: 10-11-24 12:53

你地好呀, 我都有帶我小朋友去見N班, 比起我去見既另外兩間學校, 佢真係較簡單, 但老師就好似不太認真, 只係好似卷問調查咁, 可能太多人見啦~
不過我見到佢剔晒"OK", 唔知"OK"係最好既分定係最差呢!? 因為我近視都睇唔到另外兩項係咩.
見完之後都我問過幾時會有通知, 都要等到聖誕前先有.
我已經收到聖安娜國際AM班既通知收咗我小朋友架喇, 但網上又好少有家長提到呢兩間學校, 就連我自己唔係喺呢頭住都認識.
大家有冇咩意見關於呢兩間學校呢?
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-11-24 14:34     標題: 回覆 15# 小小mami 的文章

I also want to know more about At Anna kindergarten, pls help!
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-24 14:53

原帖由 小小mami 於 10-11-24 12:53 發表
你地好呀, 我都有帶我小朋友去見N班, 比起我去見既另外兩間學校, 佢真係較簡單, 但老師就好似不太認真, 只係好似卷問調查咁, 可能太多人見啦~
不過我見到佢剔晒"OK", 唔知"OK"係最好既分定係最差呢!? 因為我近視都 ...

When the teacher interviewed my son, I did not see her holding any paper / pen at all!  How come...  
So far I have been to 2 interviews: Kornhill Int'l and North Point 合一堂陳伯宏.  Both said that the result will be announced by end of Dec.  However, I will have interview with 躍思 on Dec 21.  According to the letter, we will know the results on the day of interview and we need to pay 留位費 immediately.  I just hope that I can receive the confirmation from Kornhill Int'l before Dec 21, so that I can make better decision on Dec 21.
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-11-24 15:15     標題: 回覆 17# yame 的文章

I only know 躍思 on the way to Kornhill int'l. So, you think Kornhill int'l is better than 躍思?
作者: twllc    時間: 10-11-24 15:24

Yame, I can't recall her name, but she looks like Japanese.

原帖由 yame 於 10-11-23 23:32 發表

what's her name?  can you recall?

作者: yame    時間: 10-11-24 16:14

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-11-24 15:15 發表
I only know 躍思 on the way to Kornhill int'l. So, you think Kornhill int'l is better than 躍思?

I think both are good in the area.  However, Creativity did not ask us to go to their 1st round of interview, so I think they prefer other candidates.  I also heard that their school is a bit small.
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-24 16:16

原帖由 twllc 於 10-11-24 15:24 發表
Yame, I can't recall her name, but she looks like Japanese.

Was it Ms. Jina?  I did feel that the Western teachers looked more friendly.  But as long as they do not show a "black" face, it is good enough!  : )
作者: twllc    時間: 10-11-25 08:54

I can't really remember, but seems like Ms Jina.

Yame, are your bb small b? As my son is super small b, it is difficult to find a school. I've also applied the Creativity but no any response till now.

原帖由 yame 於 10-11-24 16:16 發表

Was it Ms. Jina?  I did feel that the Western teachers looked more friendly.  But as long as they do not show a "black" face, it is good enough!  : )

作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-11-25 10:14

We had interview yesterday afternoon (I was told we applied late, so Sat interview time slot was full, so we have to do it yesterday).

I think the chance is slim too.... given the interview time fell on my girl's nap time, she was quite sleepy during the interview.  

The interviewer was also an Asian (I forgot her name), she did not really smile, but when my girl completed a task, she did say good job, guess it's just her style for not smiling =)

And I think the interview is quite difficult as compared to the others i went.  Fingers crossed, but I m not too optimistic about getting an offer.  But i really got an offer from Creativity am, and waiting for Man Sang in North Point, so i'll just let it be.
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-11-25 10:15

Though i like Kornhill very much....
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-25 11:00

原帖由 twllc 於 10-11-25 08:54 發表
I can't really remember, but seems like Ms Jina.

Yame, are your bb small b? As my son is super small b, it is difficult to find a school. I've also applied the Creativity but no any response till now ...

My bb is 0908, not too small, but just marginal.  So, what can you expect from a 14-month old baby during the interview?!  :)

I will go for Creativity interview on Dec 21 (but not sure why it falls on a weekday)...
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-25 11:05

原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-11-25 10:14 發表
We had interview yesterday afternoon (I was told we applied late, so Sat interview time slot was full, so we have to do it yesterday).

I think the chance is slim too.... given the interview time fell ...

What did she ask your child to do?  The teacher did not ask my baby much.  Seems that she wanted to speak to the parents more.  So you have paid the 留位費 + school uniform fee at Creativity???

BTW, how is Munsang in North Point?  I did not apply for it and I only learnt about it recently...
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-11-25 11:27

my b is 0905 b, so i guess they expect her to know more!

she was asked to do puzzles, walked up a small slope, n jumped down the steps (my girl does not know how to jump yet, so she just walked down), etc....

the arrangement is quite bad though, when my girl was doing puzzle, another candidate was walking up the slope at the back, so she was distracted, and wanted to move there (she likes walking so much), so not sure if this would give a bad impression to the interviewer.  Anyways she is just a 1.5 year old kid, i think it's natural to be distracted this way!  We were asked for 2-3 questions only.

Yes, i paid for Creavitiy already, since we need to confirm before interviewing Musang and Kornhill, no choice.  But honestly this is just a backup.  The teachers there are very nice n caring, yet, the campus is too small, and i guess they dun hv native english teachers?

Musang was quite good in terms of the campus, quite spacious (but a little smaller than Kornhill), very bright, and the teachers are nice too.  They also have native english teachers, N1 class will have 1 cantonese speaking class teacher, n 1 native english class teacher, for the 3 hours, 1/2 english class and 1/2 chinese class, think this is quite good.
The bad thing is the school is on 2nd floor, so dun know how they manage to get the kids to walk up (if they go by school bus), or if there is any safety issue.  I will need to find out more if my girl is admitted before i decide to pay the 留位費 or not.. Should hear from them this week.

原帖由 yame 於 10-11-25 11:05 發表

What did she ask your child to do?  The teacher did not ask my baby much.  Seems that she wanted to speak to the parents more.  So you have paid the 留位費 + school uniform fee at Creativity???

BTW ...

作者: yame    時間: 10-11-25 15:52

原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-11-25 11:27 發表
my b is 0905 b, so i guess they expect her to know more!

she was asked to do puzzles, walked up a small slope, n jumped down the steps (my girl does not know how to jump yet, so she just walked down) ...

wow, it sounds like the interview was really difficult!  they only asked my boy to stack some blocks and recognize some numbers or pictures.

Munsang seems to be good.  Too bad that I did not apply for it...

So far I have only interviewed at 北角合一堂 and Kornhill Int'l.  No news from Ming Wai.  The Creativity interview upcoming.  北角衞理堂 will be in Feb 2011 (just learnt from Web site).  I have also applied for 寶寶 which they will announce results in Jan.  Seems that I don't have many choices...  Just hope that Kornhill can accept my boy.
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-11-25 18:45

原帖由 yame 於 10-11-25 15:52 發表

wow, it sounds like the interview was really difficult!  they only asked my boy to stack some blocks and recognize some numbers or pictures.

Munsang seems to be good.  Too bad that I did not apply  ...

I guess luck plays an important role for an interview, if we meet a harsh interviewer, have a bad time slot, it makes it very difficult for the kids, anyways, i m not too optimistic about getting the Kornhill offer!  Hope your boy gets it!

But I just get the Musang one this afternoon, guess I will just pay the registration fee first before deciding whether to go Creativity or Musang.  Of course I will look for other better choice

Looks like you have applied quite a number of them.  Are you applying Victoria?  Actually I like both Kornhill and Victoria...  So far i just applied for Creativity, Musang and Kornhill, will apply Victoria as well.  I actually don't want to go too far away from home.
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-26 10:25

原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-11-25 18:45 發表

I guess luck plays an important role for an interview, if we meet a harsh interviewer, have a bad time slot, it makes it very difficult for the kids, anyways, i m not too optimistic about getting th ...

Victoria (middle-Kornhill) is the closest to my home.  However, as my boy is 0908, they require us to send someone to accompany the boy and stay at the school for the first 2 months!  It is totally ridiculous for me.  I want my boy to learn independence.  

So I did not apply for it.
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-11-26 11:15

原帖由 yame 於 10-11-26 10:25 發表

Victoria (middle-Kornhill) is the closest to my home.  However, as my boy is 0908, they require us to send someone to accompany the boy and stay at the school for the first 2 months!  It is totally  ...

oh by the time your boy starts N1, he is already 2, so i think it shd be ok... it's strange they still ask for an adult to stay with your boy!

talking about independence, the playgroup teacher told me my girl is too independent n i need to train her up!  during playgroup, the parents are asked to sit on the side and let the kids play by themselves, but my girl always comes over n stick to me!!! i need to play harder to make her more independent!
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-11-26 12:20     標題: 回覆 30# yame 的文章

I applied Victoria, becoz I think it has the best reputation around my home. If it accepts my son, I'll ask my mother or mother in law to accompany him to class. I think it is by law that for child under 2 year old to go to class needed to have a adult to accompany with.
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-26 15:44

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-11-26 12:20 發表
I applied Victoria, becoz I think it has the best reputation around my home. If it accepts my son, I'll ask my mother or mother in law to accompany him to class. I think it is by law that for child un ...

Hi TurtleLau, my niece is attending Victoria N1 this year.  She was a 0808 baby and there was no requirement to have an adult to accompany her in class.  But Victoria just changed the rule for next year's N1!  

I won't have a close family member to go with my boy.  I only have a jeje, but I don't want my boy to rely on jeje all the time.  So, I am not going to apply for Victoria.  You are so good that you can have your moms to help you!  My mom or mother-in-law are both old or live far away from me.
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-11-26 16:35     標題: 回覆 33# yame 的文章

Hi Yame, I see. Then, what school did you applied? I have applied the followings, but so far I didn't receive any offer.
1.Victoria
2. Ming wei
3. Rosaryhill
4. St Anna
5. Man Sang
6. North point methodist church
7.Creative
8. Kornhill int'l
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-26 23:38

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-11-26 16:35 發表
Hi Yame, I see. Then, what school did you applied? I have applied the followings, but so far I didn't receive any offer.
1.Victoria
2. Ming wei
3. Rosaryhill
4. St Anna
5. Man Sang
6. North point meth ...

Hi TurtleLau,

I have applied these N1:

1. Kornhill int'l2. Creativity
3. Bobo
4. Ming wei
5. North Point Hop Yat Church
6. North point methodist church
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-11-27 18:06     標題: 回覆 35# yame 的文章

I received offer from Ming Wei. But it is international section full day. We will consider to accept it if it can be changed to AM class. But also receive reject letter from Rosaryhill.
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-11-28 22:45     標題: 回覆 35# yame 的文章

Yame, why don't you apply St. Anna?
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-29 12:33

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-11-28 22:45 發表
Yame, why don't you apply St. Anna?

Oh my niece studied there as she lives in TKS.  I live in Kornhill and St Anna is a bit far for me.  Also, my father-in-law always compared my son with my niece.  I do not want them to go to the same school as my father-in-law is so biased on my niece and he always "praised" how good my niece is.  I don't want him to say anything bad about my son in front of my son or the family.

What a complicated reason!  
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-11-29 17:54     標題: 回覆 38# yame 的文章

Oh, I understand now. Then, what is your 1st choice? Do you think BoBo is as good as St. Anna?
作者: yame    時間: 10-11-30 11:53

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-11-29 17:54 發表
Oh, I understand now. Then, what is your 1st choice? Do you think BoBo is as good as St. Anna?

I think Bobo is quite local.  St Anna has international stream.
But I guess both schools are good, as I have not heard any bad comments of them so far.
作者: jellycheng    時間: 10-12-1 17:32

我細仔而家返緊寶寶, 非常唔錯吖, 細佬尤其鍾意哼歌仔。我朋友個仔之前都係讀寶寶, 佢都係話嗰時佢阿仔成日喺屋企唱歌仔。雖然寶寶校舍比較細, 不過亦可能因為咁, 所有老師同校長都好記得每個小朋友, 我間唔中接細佬放學時聽到校長叫佢哋個名同佢哋拜拜就知。

我大仔讀pn時就讀kornhill intl, ms jina當時係我仔嗰班個assistant teacher。佢哋嗰時emphasis每班有兩個native speakers (of english)班主任, one Chinese & one Overseas。可能pn班嘅小朋友始終係細, ms jina就差不多長註喺佢哋班, 所以我好記得佢。我覺得kornhill嘅老師好nice, even d姐姐都好有愛心呢。
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-12-1 21:38     標題: 回覆 41# jellycheng 的文章

Yame, did you receive Ming Wei's offer? I'll go to interview at St Anna tmr. Since I submit the application too late, now they only have PM vacancy. If it accepts my son, thinking about which school should choose. Can you give me some idea?
Ming wei's offer is PM class. I prefer AM.
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-12-1 21:39     標題: 回覆 41 jellycheng 的文章

Jellycheng, thank you for sharing.
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-1 22:39

原帖由 jellycheng 於 10-12-1 17:32 發表
我細仔而家返緊寶寶, 非常唔錯吖, 細佬尤其鍾意哼歌仔。我朋友個仔之前都係讀寶寶, 佢都係話嗰時佢阿仔成日喺屋企唱歌仔。雖然寶寶校舍比較細, 不過亦可能因為咁, 所有老師同校長都好記得每個小朋友, 我間唔中接細佬 ...

jellycheng,
咁你大仔無繼續係kornhill 讀k1, 介唔介意分享吓點解?
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-2 00:01

原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-12-1 22:39 發表

jellycheng,

I want to know, too!
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-2 00:08

BTW, I am so happy to tell that I received the acceptance offer today!  But it is for PM class.
作者: angelanala    時間: 10-12-2 02:02

Hi yame and jellycheng,
I received the pm offer, too.  As my girl is accepted by both Kornhill & St Anna, I' d like to know more about both schools. Would you please share more?   Thx!
原帖由 yame 於 10-12-2 00:08 發表
BTW, I am so happy to tell that I received the acceptance offer today!  But it is for PM class.

作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-2 08:39

Congrats yame n angelanala! i did not receive any letter yesterday :(
作者: jellycheng    時間: 10-12-2 09:41

我大仔之後無上kornhill k1, 因為我同佢daddy好早已經諗咗佢將來上local stream小學, 不過我而家都有同哥哥當時個班主任有聯絡(雖然佢因為搬屋所以轉咗去新界教)。so far我同老公都好impress哥哥喺kornhill pn時嘅所有嘢, 又或者因為佢係第一個, 乜都impressive d啦。

原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-12-1 22:39 發表

jellycheng,

作者: jellycheng    時間: 10-12-2 09:49

btw, 其實細佬報k1時, 我都有同佢報kornhill, 不過因為細佬由playgroup起已經返開寶寶, 而寶寶個校長又鬼咁錫佢(我工人話even而家放學, 校長日日都要抱一抱細佬至比佢走, 而其他同學仔就無呢 ), 再加上我哋住喺tks, 所以細佬都係喺寶寶繼續pn吖
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-12-2 09:51     標題: 回覆 48# LittleVal 的文章

Congrats to all receive the offer. I didn't receive any letter yet. ai.
Anyone know about Wembley international school at Taikoo Shing? Is it good?
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-2 10:05

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-12-2 09:51 發表
Congrats to all receive the offer. I didn't receive any letter yet. ai.
Anyone know about Wembley international school at Taikoo Shing? Is it good?

turtlelau,

i just called Kornhill and asked when we can hear from them, the lady should before x'mas.  I did not say I heard some has already received letters.  I believe Kornhill may wait n see if anyone forfeits the offer and then sends 2nd round acceptance letter.

i was a bit upset when i know i don't receive the letter this morning, after calling the school, though i know the chance is slim for my girl, i tell myself i still have hope.
作者: jellycheng    時間: 10-12-2 10:13

當年我都有同大仔去in st anna, 覺得st anna個校舍比較舊, 同當時個interviewer態度有d怪怪, 所以雖然st anna比咗am offer我哋, 我哋都揀咗kornhill。

原帖由 angelanala 於 10-12-2 02:02 發表
Hi yame and jellycheng,
I received the pm offer, too.  As my girl is accepted by both Kornhill & St Anna, I' d like to know more about both schools. Would you please share more?   Thx!

[ 本帖最後由 jellycheng 於 10-12-2 10:16 編輯 ]
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-12-2 10:25     標題: 回覆 52# LittleVal 的文章

When your baby born? My bb is 0909. I think after sept born baby usually put on waiting list.
But I think we could get a offer finally.
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-2 10:52

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-12-2 10:25 發表
When your baby born? My bb is 0909. I think after sept born baby usually put on waiting list.
But I think we could get a offer finally.

turtlelau, my b is not little b......

yes, let's hope our bb get the offer before x'mas
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-12-2 12:00     標題: 回覆 47# angelanala 的文章

To those who get offer from Kornhill,

What is the deadline to go to do registration for your bb?
作者: angelanala    時間: 10-12-2 15:29

registration period : 04/12 - 09/12
原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-12-2 12:00 發表
To those who get offer from Kornhill,

What is the deadline to go to do registration for your bb?

作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-12-2 16:51     標題: 回覆 55# LittleVal 的文章

Thank you for your info angelana.

LittleVal, where do you live? There are 3 nursery/kindergarten in Taikoo shing which are less popular. I think it will be easier to get a seat there.
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-2 17:10

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-12-2 16:51 發表
Thank you for your info angelana.

LittleVal, where do you live? There are 3 nursery/kindergarten in Taikoo shing which are less popular. I think it will be easier to get a seat there.

Hi turtlelau,

no letter today as well

i live in park vale.  (how about u? TKS?) actually i have already got offers from creativity and man sang in north point, but i like kornhill international much more!  guess i shd stop thinking about Kornhill, well, dream is broken.........

maybe i can also aim for Victoria...... (haha, to cheer up myself )

You apply for Victoria as well, right?
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-12-2 17:22     標題: 回覆 59# LittleVal 的文章

Yes ar. I live in TKS. Maybe we can gather our bb to play together later.
Why you like kornhill so much? I didn't apply creativity. Which school you also applied for your bb?
Yes, i also applied Victoria.
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-2 17:35

duplicated

[ 本帖最後由 yame 於 10-12-2 17:41 編輯 ]
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-2 17:39

原帖由 angelanala 於 10-12-2 15:29 發表
registration period : 04/12 - 09/12

Hi Angelanala, do you live in Kornhill?  I wonder if Kornhill Int'l gives priority to people living in Kornhill?
To mommies not receiving the offer: Don't give up yet!  I suspect they will send a few rounds of letters, as not everybody will go pay the registration fee!  LittleVal, good luck!
Hi TurtleLau, yes, I think we can bring our babies out together!
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-2 17:59

原帖由 jellycheng 於 10-12-2 09:41 發表
我大仔之後無上kornhill k1, 因為我同佢daddy好早已經諗咗佢將來上local stream小學, 不過我而家都有同哥哥當時個班主任有聯絡(雖然佢因為搬屋所以轉咗去新界教)。so far我同老公都好impress哥哥喺kornhill pn時嘅所 ...

Hi Jellycheng, I agree with what you said: 因為佢係第一個, 乜都impressive d啦
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-2 20:09

turtlelau, i like korhill as it is more spacious than the other two i got offer, plus n1 class is conducted in english. i want to give my girl a good environment to acquire english verbal skills! man sang also has good native english teachers but a bit far away! the only reason i go for creativity is the distance!

i hv applied for this 3 n will apply for victoria, will try st paul but i know it's even harder to get a seat!

yup good idea to bring the kids out!

yame, thx!!
作者: angelanala    時間: 10-12-3 01:50

Hi yame,
I don't think so because I live in chaiwan.
原帖由 yame 於 10-12-2 17:39 發表

Hi Angelanala, do you live in Kornhill?  I wonder if Kornhill Int'l gives priority to people living in Kornhill?
To mommies not receiving the offer: Don't give up yet!  I suspect they will send a few ...

作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-12-3 10:25     標題: 回覆 64# LittleVal 的文章

Yame, LittleVal, shall we meet next sat morning 0900 - 1000? in Quarry Bay Playground behind TKS. or where?
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-3 12:13

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-12-3 10:25 發表
Yame, LittleVal, shall we meet next sat morning 0900 - 1000? in Quarry Bay Playground behind TKS. or where?

Hi TurtleLau, oh, 呢個月啲禮拜六比較packed, 因為我貪得意報咗名去練習跑馬拉松(會第一次參加渣打馬拉松)
how about Sunday afternoons?
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-12-3 15:53     標題: 回覆 67# yame 的文章

next sunday around 1600?
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-3 16:42

原帖由 turtlelau 於 10-12-3 15:53 發表
next sunday around 1600?

I am okay on 12/12 (Sun) 16:00!  Let's mark it first?
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-3 17:42

原帖由 angelanala 於 10-12-3 01:50 發表
Hi yame,
I don't think so because I live in chaiwan.

So Angelanala, will you go pay the registration fee?
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-12-3 18:23     標題: 回覆 69# yame 的文章

OK. and PM me your phone number.
作者: angelanala    時間: 10-12-4 02:57

Hi yame,
I think I will. How about you?
原帖由 yame 於 10-12-3 17:42 發表

So Angelanala, will you go pay the registration fee?

作者: yame    時間: 10-12-4 23:06

I paid today. Seems that 33 HK students received the offer in this round.
作者: angelanala    時間: 10-12-5 19:20

Hi yame,
I paid on Saturday, too. Have you filled out the pm-am transfer request form?
原帖由 yame 於 10-12-4 23:06 發表
I paid today. Seems that 33 HK students received the offer in this round.

[ 本帖最後由 angelanala 於 10-12-5 19:21 編輯 ]
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-6 00:49

原帖由 angelanala 於 10-12-5 19:20 發表
Hi yame,
I paid on Saturday, too. Have you filled out the pm-am transfer request form?

I have filled out the form.  AM is more preferred, but PM is still okay for me.  Did you see other parents when you paid the fee?  I saw two other pairs of parents.
作者: angelanala    時間: 10-12-6 19:24

Yes, I saw a mother paid the fee, too. And I asked the teacher when will I know if my girl could tranfer to AM class, she just said that the school wiill let me know ASAP.
原帖由 yame 於 10-12-6 00:49 發表

I have filled out the form.  AM is more preferred, but PM is still okay for me.  Did you see other parents when you paid the fee?  I saw two other pairs of parents.

作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-6 20:18

turtlelau, sori for my late reply!

n sori i cannot make this weekend, packed with birthday + x'mas party to go! why dun u n yame meet up first, i'll join the next round!

seems like most ppl will pay first if they received offer, n some pm students tend to move to am, so even if we get the 2nd round offer, it will likely be pm offer, which i dun think i will take! anyways....

lazy mum shd fill in the victoria form tonite!
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-7 01:19     標題: 回覆 76# angelanala 的文章

I went there to pay the fee alone.  Maybe I was the "mother" that you saw?!  Or maybe not.  :)
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-7 01:24

原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-12-6 20:18 發表
turtlelau, sori for my late reply!

n sori i cannot make this weekend, packed with birthday + x'mas party to go! why dun u n yame meet up first, i'll join the next round!

seems like most ppl will pay ...

Not sure how or when they will move the pm ones to am.  I wonder if they will offer the remaining AM seats to the next round first, so as to attract the people.  If that is the case, I will feel bad.  But anyway.

Today, I received another letter from 合一堂陳伯宏 and my son is only on their waiting list.  So far, we have only been to two interviews.  So, 1 pass, 1 fail!  :)
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-7 08:33

Yame, i trust they will move pm kids to am 1st so not to worry! n i give up dreaming of getting an am offer! we went for 3 interviews, 2 passed n i failed!

my last hope now is victoria, hope to improve the passing rate:)

lazy mum finally picked up the pen to fill in the victoria form last nite, but the pen was out of ink in the middle, not a good sign =(
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-7 10:10

原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-12-7 08:33 發表
Yame, i trust they will move pm kids to am 1st so not to worry! n i give up dreaming of getting an am offer! we went for 3 interviews, 2 passed n i failed!

my last hope now is victoria, hope to impro ...

Hi LittleVal, which 2 PN has your kid passed?  
We will have an interview with Creativity on Dec 21.  But don't think I will pay the fee on the spot.  Hopefully there will be one or two more interviews next year with 北角衞理 and 明慧, but these are a bit far for me.  So, even they may accept my son, he may be too small to go to those schools in school bus.  So, Kornhill looks like the final answer for me!

[ 本帖最後由 yame 於 10-12-7 10:12 編輯 ]
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-7 11:46

Yame,

my girl got offers from Creativity and Man Sang.

If I were you, I will definitely pick Kornhill! But it's not bad to bring your boy to have more interviews just to meet more ppl n have fun!

Creativity one is a casual one, just asked my girl to do puzzles, asked her to point to dad n mum, where the body parts are, n gave her a car n asked her what it is.... also asked if she can give the car back to the teacher.

Then let her play with the toys/read books and ask the parents some questions.

Did Kornhill ask you n your hubby a lot of questions?  We were only asked one or two questions, so it's hard for us to give a good impression to the teacher! Sometimes it depends on the teacher's interviewing style..... anyways..... it is what it is...
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-8 01:20

原帖由 LittleVal 於 10-12-7 11:46 發表
Yame,

my girl got offers from Creativity and Man Sang.

If I were you, I will definitely pick Kornhill! But it's not bad to bring your boy to have more interviews just to meet more ppl n have fun!

C ...

Hi LittleVal,

As I remember, the teacher asked like 4-5 questions, e.g. who looks after the child at home, what is the language used at home, what language can my child speak, why we knew about the school etc.  She then asked if we have any questions.  So, we asked 2-3 questions as well.  There was no testing like walking up a slope, as we were interviewed in a classroom that mainly had chairs, tables and some toys only.

[ 本帖最後由 yame 於 10-12-8 10:41 編輯 ]
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-8 10:42

BTW, the teacher also asked if we bring our kid to playgroup, and which playgroup is it.
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-8 11:26     標題: 回復 1# yame 的帖子

yame, do u speak english to your boy at home?
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-8 15:10

Hi LittleVal,

I try to speak to him in English at home.  But in fact, as I am native Hong Kong people, so I have to admit that it is difficult to talk to him in 100% English.

But at least we try to train him to be bi-lingual.  My maid also speaks both English and Cantonese.  But for sure that both her English and Cantonese are not good.

[ 本帖最後由 yame 於 10-12-8 15:27 編輯 ]
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-9 11:29     標題: 回復 1# yame 的帖子

yame, i wonder if they like kids that use english as first language....

i told them we use cantonese in general, but will read to her in english.
作者: yame    時間: 10-12-10 09:53

before the interview, i read some old discussion threads that the mama said Kornhill Int'l concerned about the language used at home.  so, i did tell them that i speak to my son in English at home, but we also use Cantonese.
作者: turtlelau    時間: 10-12-10 10:05     標題: 回復 88# yame 的帖子

I told the interviewer i speak cantonese at home to my son. : (
作者: LittleVal    時間: 10-12-10 16:52     標題: 回復 2# yame 的帖子

then finally i know why we failed, with a "good" reason....

no wonder after i said we used cantonese in general, but will read to hear in english..... i was not asked any more question!

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5