教育王國

標題: Offer received from SSCPS today! [打印本頁]

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-1 00:45     標題: Offer received from SSCPS today!

Letter received today. Very happy!!
作者: fredkong01    時間: 10-12-1 00:49     標題: 回覆 1# DooChoi 的文章

sounds quick.  I thought they said that they will notify us in January.
作者: fredkong01    時間: 10-12-1 00:50     標題: 回覆 2# DooChoi 的文章

Congratulation  DooChoi!

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-1 00:54

Thank you very much. Hope to hear good news from you too!
原帖由 fredkong01 於 10-12-1 00:50 發表
Congratulation  DooChoi!

作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-1 01:14

Congratulations!

May I ask if you have an elder child studying there?
原帖由 DooChoi 於 10-12-1 00:45 發表
Letter received today. Very happy!!

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-1 01:20

Hi thomasha,
No. My boy is the eldest one. Just worry that if the younger can get in next year.
Btw, Thanks a lot for your sharing in bk. I read a lot though never response.
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-1 01:14 發表
Congratulations!

May I ask if you have an elder child studying there?

作者: BigBoyMaMa    時間: 10-12-1 09:43

Hi DooChoi,
When did you attend the 2nd interview?
bigboymama

原帖由 DooChoi 於 10-12-1 01:20 發表
Hi thomasha,
No. My boy is the eldest one. Just worry that if the younger can get in next year.
Btw, Thanks a lot for your sharing in bk. I read a lot though never response.

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-1 22:40

13 Nov AM
原帖由 BigBoyMaMa 於 10-12-1 09:43 發表
Hi DooChoi,
When did you attend the 2nd interview?
bigboymama

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-1 22:43

Any other parents get the good news? It's so quite.
作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-1 22:43

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-1 22:44

作者: ABTreasures    時間: 10-12-1 23:50

Hi, so your registration date is only tomorrow or last for few days?  Just wonder whether the second batch acceptance letter will send after the deadline of first batch registration.

原帖由 DooChoi 於 10-12-1 22:44 發表
Any other parents get the good news? It's so quite.mouth:" />

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-2 16:51

Only one day was offer for registration.
Good Luck!
原帖由 ABTreasures 於 10-12-1 23:50 發表
Hi, so your registration date is only tomorrow or last for few days?  Just wonder whether the second batch acceptance letter will send after the deadline of first batch registration.

作者: Loso    時間: 10-12-2 17:16

恭喜晒!但真奇怪,so far 到目前响BK 好似得您一個收到好消息,請問您有冇留意倒今日多唔多人註冊呢?
作者: dec25    時間: 10-12-2 17:17

Congratulations!! I am a bit curious...what if there is delay in the post and you miss the registration day...shouldnt they give more leeway to parents??
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-2 17:24

May I ask how much deposit they require you to pay upon registration?
原帖由 DooChoi 於 10-12-2 16:51 發表
Only one day was offer for registration.
Good Luck!

作者: Fushia    時間: 10-12-2 17:27

Hi dec25,
Are your child also attent 13Nov for the 2nd interview? I wonder is it already had shortlist around 200ppl as attented for 13Nov.
Thanks for advise.
Fushia.
作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-2 19:30

My hubby met 2 other parents today who are not in the same group with us in the 2nd interview.
As for my observation, there are at least 30 kids being interviewed on 13 Nov (5 in each group and 6 groups) . And from BK, there were also interview on 16, 18 & 19 Nov. With this calculation, ~120 were done. Other parents, please supplement.
原帖由 Loso 於 10-12-2 17:16 發表
恭喜晒!但真奇怪,so far 到目前响BK 好似得您一個收到好消息,請問您有冇留意倒今日多唔多人註冊呢?

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-2 19:31

$6200
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-2 17:24 發表
May I ask how much deposit they require you to pay upon registration?

作者: lovestephen    時間: 10-12-2 21:03     標題: 回覆 1# DooChoi 的文章

Congratulation!
My daughter joined the 2nd interview on 23 Nov PM. Not yet received the registration letter. The principal said that she had chosen 2XX children to join the 2nd interview.   AND I called the school today and they said that the 2nd interview had been finished.  They will send out the letter once the principal gave them the name of child.
作者: dec25    時間: 10-12-2 21:38     標題: 回覆 4# Fushia 的文章

Hi Fushia, our second interview was on Nov 18th. Keeping our fingers crossed and checking mailbox every day!
作者: GENY    時間: 10-12-2 21:47

My girl went for 2nd interview on 26 Nov and we got letter of offer today. Post stamp stated 1 dec.
作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-2 22:13

Congratulation GENY! Our kids will be schoolmates!
原帖由 GENY 於 10-12-2 21:47 發表
My girl went for 2nd interview on 26 Nov and we got letter of offer today. Post stamp stated 1 dec.

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-2 22:15

According to the school information, a whole series of orientation will start 15 Jan 2011.
作者: TRYTOBEHOMAMA    時間: 10-12-2 22:38

Congratulations to all kids and their parents who are admitted by the school!  I am so jealous nei, be honest ...
BTW, it seems this school is very considerate.  They don't want to keep parents waiting and has chosen to minimise the time between second-round interviews and notification of admission, hence shortening the feeling of uncertainty on the part of parents.  The downside may be the chance of those in the later second-round will be affected by the extent to which places have already been offered.  Thinking this way, the school may have already had their priority list of some 120-150 students only instead of 300 students, which is what they say in public, for second-round interview.
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-2 23:26

We received the offer letter today (2nd interview 19 Nov PM).  
Any existing parents of SSCPS to provide some insights as to various aspects of the school, such as conduct/discipline, academic development, extracurricular activities, etc.  I pay special attention to students' behaviour and conduct.  We are still considering whether we should take this offer as we will have to give up Wah Yan's place if we decide to register at SSCPS.
作者: ABTreasures    時間: 10-12-2 23:43

Congratulations!!

原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-2 23:26 發表
Any existing parents of SSCPS to provide some insights as to various aspects of the school, such as conduct/discipline, academic develop ...

作者: fredkong01    時間: 10-12-3 00:06     標題: 回覆 2# thomasha 的文章

Of course Wah Yan la.  Congratulation anyway!

作者: ChingHinW    時間: 10-12-3 00:23

My daughter has got the offer today (2nd interview on 22 Nov pm) and has to register on 7 Dec.  We are also considering whether to take this offer as my daughter has got an offer in 協恩.  We are concerned about the conduct of SSCPS's students and whether most of them come from very rich families.  Any urgent advice?
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-3 00:28

May I ask why you would choose Wah Yan, especially with regard to conduct, discipline, academic achievement, extracurricular activities, etc.?
原帖由 fredkong01 於 10-12-3 00:06 發表
Of course Wah Yan la.  Congratulation anyway!

作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-3 00:29

We are not rich at all.
原帖由 ChingHinW 於 10-12-3 00:23 發表
My daughter has got the offer today (2nd interview on 22 Nov pm) and has to register on 7 Dec.  We are also considering whether to take this offer as my daughter has got an offer in 協恩.  We are conc ...

作者: lovestephen    時間: 10-12-3 00:42     標題: 回覆 26# thomasha 的文章

I suppose you will give up Wah Yan when you got a offer from SSCPS or YW??
We also had such struggle before the 1st interview.  But after talking to the students during the interview day, we had no doubt and we sure that this school is an excellent school not only the nice school environment, but also the students performed very good as observed.
My child loved this school  more than the others (e.g. SPCC).  We wanted our child studying in one school that she loved most.  
For us, SSCPS is the best and we would not consider other schools if SSCPS gave an offer to my child.
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-3 00:52

I will have to give up Wah Yan if I accept the offer from SSCPS or Ying Wa.  The offer itself does not trigger the cancellation of Wah Yan's place automatically.

I don't struggle until I have to, i.e. when I am given an offer.  Too many struggles ahead, we must save our effort for the most worthy ones.
原帖由 lovestephen 於 10-12-3 00:42 發表
I suppose you will give up Wah Yan when you got a offer from SSCPS or YW??
We also had such struggle before the 1st interview.  But after talking to the students during the interview day, we had no do ...

作者: GENY    時間: 10-12-3 00:57

what about when comparing SSCPS and st stephen's girls ? Would it be wiser to put my girl in st stephen's girls which i am for sure my 2nd and 3rd girl would be in as well? Also, hkd 55000 is only for next yr primary 1, but who knows what would it be like when they all reach secondary, plus all the inflation and increase in school fees every yr...I am really having a hard time deciding...please advice..
作者: lovestephen    時間: 10-12-3 01:30     標題: 回覆 33# thomasha 的文章

我都明白的.  這些我們之前都有考慮過.  因為6年加起來的費用確實很大. 但我們只是普通的家庭.而且當大女能進入一間良好的津貼學校時, 將來細女便不用再想了.
但當見到女兒很清楚和堅定地表示很想讀這間學校時,我們已沒有其他疑慮了.現只是擔心學校不取錄.
客觀地說, 如有弟弟的話, 華仁確實是很好的選擇. 我聽朋友說,學習上並沒有想像中大壓力,男生會較粗魯,但並沒有太大行為問題.因我的是女兒, 故其他方面不太清楚.
事實上, 我相信你已搜集和分析過各間學校的優劣,只是一些間難以下決定. 希望你可與兒子傾談,看看他的想法,再決定一所適合他的學校.
作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-3 02:01

Hi GENY,
First of all, I think both school are great.
I see your struggle. Burden in raising 3 kids is really huge. Besides, who want to play this game again and again. Siblings get only little advantages in entering DSS or Private school.
I choose SSCPS because I found this school can provide a more all-round environment and yet not driving the kids and parents crazy. They try to go in-between local and international school, getting the goodness from both systems. I like also the English/ PTH teaching. The 2 students I met in 1st interview were great.
More important, my son love this school after watching its DVD and visiting the school. He prefer co-ed school and so am I (I was in a co-ed primary but girl secondary).
I am still waiting result from CKY which I like it very much also. But I made up my mind as we live in Hong Kong Island.
This is only my personal opinion. Sure different people will have their own preference.
原帖由 GENY 於 10-12-3 00:57 發表
what about when comparing SSCPS and st stephen's girls ? Would it be wiser to put my girl in st stephen's girls which i am for sure my 2nd and 3rd girl would be in as well? Also, hkd 55000 is only for ...

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-3 02:05

Me too
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-3 00:29 發表
We are not rich at all.

作者: celina_wei    時間: 10-12-3 09:43

Congratulations to all of you! 真的很羨慕!我跟女兒視這間學校為首選,不過沒有機會入2nd in,看來是小女各方面都不夠突出。希望你們的小朋友都能在這間學校渡過愉快的時光。
作者: xiaoyuma    時間: 10-12-3 14:50

Congrats thomasha! 好心有好報, you are a good guy and your son deserves seats from the good schools. I'm still waiting for the reply from SSCPS, hope I can share the good news here soon!

原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-2 23:26 發表
Any existing parents of SSCPS to provide some insights as to various aspects of the school, such as conduct/discipline, academic develop ...

作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-3 14:53

Thank you for your kind words.  Good luck in receiving good news soon!
原帖由 xiaoyuma 於 10-12-3 14:50 發表
Congrats thomasha! 好心有好報, you are a good guy and your son deserves seats from the good schools. I'm still waiting for the reply from SSCPS, hope I can share the good news here soon!

作者: Loso    時間: 10-12-3 17:10

我哋今日都收倒信了!13th Nov 2nd interview, 7th Dec registration.
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-3 17:16

Congratulations!  Will you accept the offer or do you have other offers on hand so that you have to make a choice?
原帖由 Loso 於 10-12-3 17:10 發表
我哋今日都收倒信了!13th Nov 2nd interview, 7th Dec registration.

作者: Loso    時間: 10-12-3 17:20

Thank you ! Yes ah, we also have offer from 聖心私小,所以都好似您咁,考慮究竟揀邊間.....
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-3 17:16 發表
Congratulations!  Will you accept the offer or do you have other offers on hand so that you have to make a choice?

作者: astor    時間: 10-12-3 18:28

Interview date 26/11, got offer letter posted on 1/12.
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-3 18:59

原帖由 astor 於 10-12-3 18:28 發表
Interview date 26/11, got offer letter posted on 1/12.

作者: chan_wingyee    時間: 10-12-3 19:05

Congratulations!  My daughter is currently in G1.  I understand the mixed feeling that parents are having now.
Every family and child is different, and expectation is different too.  So it's really difficult to compare an apple to an orange.  But I'm sure all are healthy fruits and provide nutrients!
My girl is happy here.  Today, she came home and told me she has finished all her homework at school.  I'm not surprised, cos' it's just like a normal day.
She has dictation and quiz too.  Usually after a chapter is taught.  Also project, that we need to research a bit.  But, I assure you that it's not difficult at all.
Every month will elect a "Student of the Month", student will be award sticker by all subject teachers.  If the student gets most stickers will be Student of the Month.  Undesirable behaviour will also get "bad stamps".  Also, the best group behaviour will be awarded to the beach!!!
作者: chan_wingyee    時間: 10-12-3 19:09

Yes, there are rich families.  And I'm not.  Sometimes I pick up my daughter, and we back home by bus.  Some moms are really nice, they will offer us a ride.
作者: xiaoyuma    時間: 10-12-3 20:18

yeah, my son got the offer!

原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-3 14:53 發表
Thank you for your kind words.  Good luck in receiving good news soon!

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-3 22:15

Congratualtion!! Will you take the offer?
原帖由 xiaoyuma 於 10-12-3 20:18 發表
yeah, my son got the offer!

[ 本帖最後由 DooChoi 於 10-12-3 22:16 編輯 ]
作者: xiaoyuma    時間: 10-12-3 23:04

sure, as we only got this offer
原帖由 DooChoi 於 10-12-3 22:15 發表
Congratualtion!! Will you take the offer?

作者: dec25    時間: 10-12-4 18:50

Hi Any idea if they have finished sending out offer letter - I hope they are doing it by batch.....
作者: dec25    時間: 10-12-4 18:51

Hi congratulations all!! Very happy for you. Any idea if they are sending out offers by batch? We are still (anxiously) waiting....
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-4 18:54

I just received news that my friend received an offer letter for his son yesterday but he would decline it because he already has a better offer.  So, there is still hope!
作者: xiaoyuma    時間: 10-12-4 22:25

thomasha, did you make up your mind? will you go to the SSCPS registration?

原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-4 18:54 發表
I just received news that my friend received an offer letter for his son yesterday but he would decline it because he already has a better offer.  So, there is still hope!

作者: astor    時間: 10-12-6 10:35

I like this school. Deciding SSCPS and ISF. I think I will take SSCPS with better Chinese than ISF. I think this school can offer more room for the kid to find the way to learn.
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-3 18:59 發表

作者: caa    時間: 10-12-6 13:04

Hi astor

Have you already got the offer from ISF?

原帖由 astor 於 10-12-6 10:35 發表
I like this school. Deciding SSCPS and ISF. I think I will take SSCPS with better Chinese than ISF. I think this school can offer more room for the kid to find the way to learn.

作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-6 13:11

Finished today.  A painful decision and a long way indeed.
原帖由 xiaoyuma 於 10-12-4 22:25 發表
thomasha, did you make up your mind? will you go to the SSCPS registration?

作者: xiaoyuma    時間: 10-12-6 15:39

We live in Eastern District too (Saiwanho). May be our kids will take the same school bus!
BTW, do we only need to bring along the cheque and the letter of declaration for registration?
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-6 13:11 發表
Finished today.  A painful decision and a long way indeed.

作者: Jack0128    時間: 10-12-6 15:54

There is 2 school bus for Tai Koo Shing. Even Kornhill area has taken another school bus.
原帖由 xiaoyuma 於 10-12-6 15:39 發表
We live in Eastern District too (Saiwanho). May be our kids will take the same school bus!
BTW, do we only need to bring along the cheque and the letter of declaration for registration?

作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-6 16:44

Yes, only the notification letter, the cheque and the delcaration.  No other document was checked.

Just a minor point - the signage is a bit misleading.  It asks you to go to the " library on the 2nd floor" for registration but in fact the library is located on the 1st floor and there is no signage outside the lift or outside the staircase.

The school should have given you a booklet with school bus routes and contact persons.  The registration people directed me to call the contact persons in the booklet for details on schoolbus routes.  (When I read the routes literally, I nearly fainted as route C which applies to North Point covers a very big area, including Braemar Hill, Broadwood Road, Happy Valley, etc.  Fortunately, the registration people said each route is further divided so the area covered by each sub-route would be less.)
原帖由 xiaoyuma 於 10-12-6 15:39 發表

作者: Geo    時間: 10-12-6 17:33

I got offer and need to pay today too. Interview was 15 Nov. I asked and they said the principal still sending out letters by batches. So there is still hope for those who likes this school.

Went today...long way and road works along the way.....but fresh air and spacious environment.

15 Jan need to go parents orientation. So see you parents.
作者: Jack0128    時間: 10-12-6 18:42

My son said" the 1st floor is the school hall, 2nd floor is the library. 3rd floor is Grade 4 & Grade 5 classroom. "
The waiting chairs are on the ground floor.
For the Breamar Hill, there are two school buses.  North Point is another school bus.
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-6 16:44 發表
Yes, only the notification letter, the cheque and the delcaration.  No other document was checked.

Just a minor point - the signage is a bit misleading.  It asks you to go to the " library on the 2nd ...

[ 本帖最後由 Jack0128 於 10-12-10 09:06 編輯 ]
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-6 19:12

The registration table is located in the library on the 1st floor (i.e. press "1" in the lift).  I pressed and checked all the available floors on the lift (LG, G, 1 and 2 - fortunately no one else was there or I might be scolded for doing so), no signage in all the floors and no registration tables in sight; went back to LG to check the signage again (it says "Please go to the library on the 2nd floor for G1 registration"), found "library" on 1st floor, so I decided to press "1" and tried my luck in walking through the corridor, and finally...bingo!

Thank you for your info on the schoolbus routes.  Is your son studying in SSCPS?  Any experience you can share here?
原帖由 Jack0128 於 10-12-6 18:42 發表
My son said" the 1st floor is the school hall, 2nd second is the library. 3rd floor is Grade 4 & Grade 5 classroom. "
The waiting chair are the ground floor.
For the Breamar Hill, there are two scho ...

[ 本帖最後由 thomasha 於 10-12-6 19:14 編輯 ]
作者: Jack0128    時間: 10-12-6 20:49

My son is studying in SSCPS. He is not allow to use the lift, so no comment.
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-6 19:12 發表
The registration table is located in the library on the 1st floor (i.e. press "1" in the lift).  I pressed and checked all the available floors on the lift (LG, G, 1 and 2 - fortunately no one else wa ...

作者: xiaoyuma    時間: 10-12-6 21:35

thanks for the info!
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-6 16:44 發表

Just a minor point - the signage is a bit misleading.  It asks you to go to the " library on the 2nd ...

作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-7 02:45

Thanks for your reply.

How is your son's learning experience, such as homework, tests/exams, curriculum, extra-curricular activities, discipline and conduct (of him and other children), etc.?
原帖由 Jack0128 於 10-12-6 20:49 發表

作者: Jack0128    時間: 10-12-7 15:33

Thomasha,

SSCPS is a English & PTH primary school. Native English Speaker to teach English & S.H.E, Chinese and General Knowledge, PTH, use PTH as the medium. So my son can speak very good PTH, but writing isn't that good (because they use English Math). For English, he starts to write composition in Grade 1.
Homework: not many 3-4, you can see the detail in the school website. Most of them will finish in school.
Each year, 2 tests & 2 Exam.
Curriculum: English is very high. Kids starts composition in Grade 1.  They have PE lessons in the swimming pool when the weather gets warm. They have reading time everyday.     
Extra-curricular activities: too many.
Discipline and conduct: very polite and active. It is a traditional christian school, so discipline is very strict.   
Overall, I'm so lucky/happy that my son can study in this school.

原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-7 02:45 發表
Thanks for your reply.

How is your son's learning experience, such as homework, tests/exams, curriculum, extra-curricular activities, discipline and conduct (of him and other children), etc.?

[ 本帖最後由 Jack0128 於 10-12-7 15:35 編輯 ]
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-7 18:31

Thank you for sharing such invaluable information.  It certainly reinforces my decision.
原帖由 Jack0128 於 10-12-7 15:33 發表
Thomasha,

SSCPS is a English & PTH primary school. Native English Speaker to teach English & S.H.E, Chinese and General Knowledge, PTH, use PTH as the medium. So my son can speak very good PTH, but w ...

作者: mms    時間: 10-12-7 19:35

My son attended the 2nd interview in end of Nov.  Up to now, we still not yet received any notification.   The school told me that they are going to send out the result by batch.  Just want to know, for those who received the offer, did you attend the 2nd interview in early Nov?  I am a bit anxious cos i really love this school.
作者: lovestephen    時間: 10-12-7 19:44

Could any one tell  me whether there are questions at the back of the questionnaire because we are so nervous that we forget to check it.  May be we miss some questions.
作者: YoungKY    時間: 10-12-7 20:12

Dear lovestephen;

no just 1 side only.. don't worry. I have 2nd interview on 18 Nov.  And I got the letter on last Fri.  Registerd on 6 Dec.  As a friend of mine got an offer from other school, so he told me he will give up the place.  Still have chance.   Add oil!!!!!
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-7 20:18

I don't think there are questions at the back of the questionnaire.  

Don't be so nervous.  More offers will be sent out gradually.  Be patient!
原帖由 lovestephen 於 10-12-7 19:44 發表
Could any one tell  me whether there are questions at the back of the questionnaire because we are so nervous that we forget to check it.  May be we miss some questions.

作者: lovestephen    時間: 10-12-7 20:20     標題: 回覆 71# YoungKY 的文章

Dear YoungKY,

Thank you for your reply and support.
We love this school so much.  Hope we can receive good news very soon.
作者: lovestephen    時間: 10-12-7 20:21     標題: 回覆 72# thomasha 的文章

Thanks so much.
作者: xiaoyuma    時間: 10-12-7 23:52

My son attended the 2nd interview in end of Nov too. I received the letter on Dec 3. But I think they are still sending out the letter, don't worry. Wish you get the good news soon.
原帖由 mms 於 10-12-7 19:35 發表
My son attended the 2nd interview in end of Nov.  Up to now, we still not yet received any notification.   The school told me that they are going to send out the result by batch.  Just want to know, f ...

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-8 23:29

Anyone had made up your mind in choosing SSCPS? Let's gather!

1. DooChoi- boy
作者: ESII    時間: 10-12-8 23:37

Congratulations to all those success in applying SSCPC!!
I like this school and try to start preparing my little one who is still in K.1
Would those successful parents adviseon how you prepare your kids?
1.Which KG?
2.What kind of ECAs? English and PTH class? Music and sports?
3.What is more important during interview?
4...etc (Anything else is important??)
Many Thanks!!
作者: ESII    時間: 10-12-8 23:41

May I know which grade is your son? What is the boy to girl ratio in his class and in the whole school?
原帖由 Jack0128 於 10-12-6 20:49 發表

作者: mms    時間: 10-12-9 11:05     標題: 回復 75# xiaoyuma 的帖子

thanks for the info.
作者: Gasparmum    時間: 10-12-9 12:46

多謝各位的分享
我想問吓你們得到SSCPS的offer, 你們的子女是否大仔大女(即8月前出生). 你們覺得做大仔或大女, 學校會有較高取錄.  因為我仔仔是細仔(10月出世), 比較怕羞, 細膽, 明年要考小一了, 現在考慮repeat 做大仔, 但學習上, 讀書寫字, 跟大仔大女比較還要好. 可否給點意見.
作者: Jack0128    時間: 10-12-9 20:59     標題: 回復 78# ESII 的帖子

ESII,
The ratio of boys & girls are  16 & 17 respectively.
作者: Jack0128    時間: 10-12-10 10:34

mms,
please check pm.
原帖由 mms 於 10-12-7 19:35 發表
My son attended the 2nd interview in end of Nov.  Up to now, we still not yet received any notification.   The school told me that they are going to send out the result by batch.  Just want to know, f ...

[ 本帖最後由 Jack0128 於 10-12-10 10:45 編輯 ]
作者: YoungKY    時間: 10-12-10 10:55     標題: 回復 77# ESII 的帖子

Dear ESII;

Let me try to answer your questions..

1.Which KG?   local Chinese KG in HK island, ok famous but not the most one.

my kid learn quite a lot of ECA (music, ice skating, swimmng, math, phonic, english drama ..) but I think they like students who love swimming ..cause this is what they asked my kid during the interview.  As you know they have a 50m swimmng pool, so i think it would be an advantage if your kids loving swimming.  We didn't take any PTH class.

3.What is more important during interview?
Be responsive;  as the 1st interview is a group interview, so the kids has to rise up their hand to answer the questions.  

If u've got a chance for the 2nd interview, I think you have to show that you love "happy learnng".  Their principal don't perfer kids with a full schedule.  

Hope it help!!!!

[ 本帖最後由 YoungKY 於 10-12-10 11:02 編輯 ]
作者: YoungKY    時間: 10-12-10 11:05     標題: 回復 76# DooChoi 的帖子

1. DooChoi- boy
2. Youngky

Shall we open a forum at SSCPS 小學一覧????
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-10 11:54

so which one did you choose after all?

Maybe you can share the place you released in the 放位區 thread.
原帖由 Loso 於 10-12-3 17:20 發表
Thank you ! Yes ah, we also have offer from 聖心私小,所以都好似您咁,考慮究竟揀邊間.....

作者: ESII    時間: 10-12-10 21:59

Dear YoungKY,
Thank you very much!! I will add oil!
Congratulation again!!

原帖由 YoungKY 於 10-12-10 10:55 發表
Dear ESII;

Let me try to answer your questions..

1.Which KG?   local Chinese KG in HK island, ok famous but not the most one.

my kid l ...

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-10 22:02

Ok, please check.
Btw, is yours a boy or girl?
Looking forward to meet on 15 Jan!
原帖由 YoungKY 於 10-12-10 11:05 發表

1. DooChoi- boy
2. Youngky

Shall we open a forum at SSCPS 小學一覧????

作者: TRYTOBEHOMAMA    時間: 10-12-10 23:47

I called the school again today.  Not sure if it was just word of comfort, the one answering my call said that the second round interview was still on until end Dec at least.  Is this true?  Even if it is, I think the remaining interviews will only be very few in number.
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-11 00:01

I'm afraid only the school or "insiders" have an authentic answer to your question.  If the school tells you something, there is a good chance that it is true.
原帖由 TRYTOBEHOMAMA 於 10-12-10 23:47 發表
I called the school again today.  Not sure if it was just word of comfort, the one answering my call said that the second round interview was still on until end Dec at least.  Is this true?  Even if i ...

作者: lovestephen    時間: 10-12-11 12:36

這星期似乎沒有人有好消息, 已經越等越灰心。
請問你們在問卷排的次序是怎樣的呢?
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-11 13:18

Sorry, forgotten already...
原帖由 lovestephen 於 10-12-11 12:36 發表
這星期似乎沒有人有好消息, 已經越等越灰心。
請問你們在問卷排的次序是怎樣的呢?

作者: YoungKY    時間: 10-12-11 19:59     標題: 回復 90# lovestephen 的帖子

Dear lovestephen;

If I were the Principal, for sure I will accept your kid, because I really feel that u have a passion on St Stephen.  It will be a great value for SSCPS.  As I remember the order is like that....
1. Potential
2. Value + attitude
3. Creative
4. Language
5. International pt of view
6. Art
7. Civil
8. I.T.

But I don't think the list is very important, as SSCPS has all the above elements.  If u really like SSCPS,,, pls keep on writing a letter to the Principal.    Wish u receive good news before Christmas.

[ 本帖最後由 YoungKY 於 10-12-11 20:02 編輯 ]
作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-12 01:48

Hi lovestephen,
Totally agree with YoungKY. Be patient, add oil!!
原帖由 YoungKY 於 10-12-11 19:59 發表
Dear lovestephen;

If I were the Principal, for sure I will accept your kid, because I really feel that u have a passion on St Stephen.  It will be a great value for SSCPS.  As I remember the order is ...

作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-12 01:52

Hey guys,

New forum open in 小學一覧 la!!
作者: DooChoi    時間: 10-12-12 02:11

Hi ESII,
Here are my answers to your questions, hope it help. Mind you we had failed a number of DSS also.
1.Which KG?- PTH speaking local KG am + Internation KG pm = wholeday school and no need for extra language classs
2.What kind of ECAs? English and PTH class? Music and sports? - Drawing, Piano, Weiqi and swimming. No price or trophy.
3.What is more important during interview? I think SSCPS not really need the kids to sit too still as the teachers had asked my son to sit down for a couple of time during the 1st in. Not really sure what happen inside the classroom. But in the 2nd part of 2nd in, the parents were asked to answer a questionnaire while the kids were allow to go around, my kids able to pick a book and sit on a sofa. Obviously that's part of observation.
As mentined by the schoolmistress in the briefing, you need to show your same line of thought. This year they talk about the consideration of adapting IB program in SSC (not sure if just diploma or whole school primary +secondary). I totally agreed with that because if you don't really buy their way of teaching, it will not do any good to you and your kid.
Add Oil!!
作者: lovestephen    時間: 10-12-12 09:23     標題: 回復 92# YoungKY 的帖子

Thanks a lot!
作者: lovestephen    時間: 10-12-12 09:25     標題: 回復 93# DooChoi 的帖子

Thanks a lot!
作者: ABTreasures    時間: 10-12-16 16:59

Got the waiting list letter today, so sad!!!
作者: thomasha    時間: 10-12-16 17:06

Don't be sad, I believe some places will be released later.

Any offers/2nd interviews attended?
原帖由 ABTreasures 於 10-12-16 16:59 發表
Got the waiting list letter today, so sad!!!

作者: ABTreasures    時間: 10-12-16 17:10

We already have one offer on hand (rank 4th in our list).  The most important and the last one will be announced this Sat!  Good luck to me!

原帖由 thomasha 於 10-12-16 17:06 發表
Don't be sad, I believe some places will be released later.

Any offers/2nd interviews attended?

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5