教育王國

標題: RHS玫瑰崗, Victoria(Kornhill) and KCS蘇浙 [打印本頁]

作者: Jiyee    時間: 10-12-12 10:58     標題: RHS玫瑰崗, Victoria(Kornhill) and KCS蘇浙

Hi all,
My daughter is a "BIG" B(was born in Feb 08), she has been accepted by RHS and Kornhill Victoria, yesterday was also interviewed by KCS.

After lots of research, I've decided to let her go to RHS because of:
1.Spacious environment
2.Balance in the curriculum (2 days in English, 2 days in Putonghua and 1 day in Cantonese)
3.Primary section is also quite good.

However, my wife insists that RHS is quite far away, she is worried of the daily distance of school bus, and so she prefers to enroll her into Victoria or KCS since they both are quite near -- we live in Kornhill.

I am very confused at the moment, any advices? Please....many thanks.
If possible, please also try to type your opinions in English, since my wife cannot read much about Chinese, my apologies and many thanks again!

[ 本帖最後由 Jiyee 於 10-12-12 11:19 編輯 ]
作者: 天賜小公主    時間: 10-12-12 20:36

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
作者: DoReMi2008    時間: 10-12-12 21:18

Me too, my girl is accepted by RHS, St Clare and we went to KCS interview on Sat too.

Victoria is good but toooo expensive as this kindergarten doesn't accept voucher and the environment is too small. No outdoor playground. Not sure if the money is worth.

Both RHS & KCS accept voucher so I can save some $$ for my girl to join other classes like art or dancing and etc. She love it so much.

I like RHS as the same reasons as yours but not too sure about the quality of their Primary section. Anyone can comment?

KCS on the other hand, very strong PTH and I heard this school has ENG lesson everyday by NET (hopefully other KCS parents can confirm on this). KCS primary is definitely good but might be a bit too pressure (lots of homework - again hopefully KCS parents can confirm on this)

I won't worry too much about Cantonese as my girl will definitely pick it up as she is growing up in HK.
作者: GAT    時間: 10-12-13 00:07

Rosaryhill has school bus  directly to Kornhill. So I believe transportation is not a problem.
作者: Kim08    時間: 10-12-13 09:19

for KCS, from my understanding, they have english everyday for 30 mins or so by NET.
作者: DoReMi2008    時間: 10-12-13 09:29

The length of ENG exposure increase from K1 to K3. Refer discussion below.

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2261095&extra=page%3D1
作者: chowhui97    時間: 10-12-13 10:06

I also went to KCS interview.  So many foreigners applying this school (much more than Vic and dunno for RHS).  I guess the learning environment is more 'international' which I like very much.  but the campus is pretty old.

Victoria is very good. All my friends kids studying there are happy, smart and mature.  Their toys are new.  Campus is clean and have large variety of toys that I never seen in other schools we went to.
作者: Jiyee    時間: 10-12-13 10:07

Thank you, everyone!
I am glad to know more from you all, really helpful! I personally still prefer RHS, but my wife thinks that it is not appropiate to let a 3 year-old girl ride school bus alone.
She is a Korean, so that maybe she does not know in HK it is quite common.
Doremi08, please let me know about your final decision later, maybe we can meet up in the same school and make friends with each other.
I am a teacher working for an IB international school, my daughter will be an IB student later, hopefully, but first, I want her to build up stronger foundation of Chinese and English.
作者: DoReMi2008    時間: 10-12-13 10:28     標題: 回復 8# Jiyee 的帖子

Hi Jiyee,

Which IS are you teaching if you don't mind to share? I wish to put my girl to int'l school but can't afford in long run. So prefer to save $$ now then hopefully can send her o/s during high school or uni

Actually my girl attending N class in RHS now and I like the environment that's why I put her there. She is enjoying taking school bus, maybe she likes to watch the scenery along the way. Make sure your kid like it too then it won't be a problem.

For your info: school bus pick up student from Kornhill at 7.50am (maybe a bit too early) and drop off at 12.30pm

While in my stop, the school bus arrive 8.15am and drop off at 12.45pm. Perfect for me because my girl can take a bit of nap on the way back.
作者: Jiyee    時間: 10-12-13 12:44     標題: 回復 1# DoReMi2008 的帖子

Thanks again, Doremi08!

I'd love to tell you about my school in person, but not on this internet, hope you can kindly understand my concern here!

However, if you want to know more about IS and/or IB education, I am more than happy to answer.

Most of the IS students, as you might have known, are not very good at Chinese, that is why I want to build up the language foundation of my little one first.

What do you think about the RHS primary? I've heard that there are only 2 classes with less than 20 students/each. To me, it sounds like an ideal class size, and I don't really care about the reason why, as I believe at the stage of Year 1 or 2, class size also means quality teaching and learning.

Feed me back, please. Many thanks again, everyone!
作者: DoReMi2008    時間: 10-12-13 14:52     標題: 回復 10# Jiyee 的帖子

No worry.

I am not too sure about RHS primary, that's why I am considering to put my girl to other kinder. To be honest, my preference is either KCS or maybe Sacred Heart if get accepted.

Keep my finger cross
作者: A9109494    時間: 10-12-14 12:15     標題: 回覆 3# DoReMi2008 的文章

HI DoReMi 2008

Then will u consider st clare's? My daughter is also accepted by st clare and now studying in RHS PN (reserved for K1 already).  I also not sure about the quality of RHS primary school, but i know not many students in its primary section now, so wonder whether it is gd or not? And i think st clare's primary school is much better? Also st clare's sec school is much better than RHS sec school, though st clare sec school not v gd.  And i also prefer st clare than KCS. My impression to KCS teachers not so gd... So which one will u choose?
作者: lailaie    時間: 10-12-14 12:42

KCS 沒有功課壓力, K2才開始寫字, 每日一版中文或英文, 去到 K3都一樣. 所謂一版都只是幾個字, 好快就會完成.
K3 也沒有默書, 小朋友讀得很開心, 每個小朋友去到 K3都會識講識聽普通話.
毎間學校都會有好老師和不好的老師, 不過, 我的囡囡三年裏遇到的老師, 全部都是好老師.
每天都有英文NET, 由K1的 30分鐘到 K3的一個鐘. 相比很多學校, 已經好很多.
KCS 小學係私校, 可以照考做 BACK UP 而無需放棄大抽獎. 雖然中學是BAND 3, 但是因為中學派位成績理想, 所以很多人都喜歡讀KCS. 如果希望子/女在輕鬆輸快的環境之下成長, 而在普通話及英文方面又得很適當的發展, KCS 很適合你.
教育局規定所有有學劵的幼稚園, K1都不能學寫字, 不可以有考試默書, 但是RHS 全部都有. 他們所謂的評估, 是有範圍需要溫習的, 要做 PAPER 的, 個人覺得跟考試無異.
小學是私校, 但是如果註冊了RHS 小學, 便要放棄大抽獎. 如果家長追求快人一步, 理想逹到, 想子/女早些學寫字讀書, 默書考試的, RHS 便很適合你.

原帖由 DoReMi2008 於 10-12-12 21:18 發表
Me too, my girl is accepted by RHS, St Clare and we went to KCS interview on Sat too.

Victoria is good but toooo expensive as this kindergarten doesn't accept voucher and the environment is too smal ...

作者: fefemom    時間: 10-12-14 12:42

原帖由 A9109494 於 10-12-14 12:15 發表
HI DoReMi 2008

Then will u consider st clare's? My daughter is also accepted by st clare and now studying in RHS PN (reserved for K1 already).  I also not sure about the quality of RHS primary school ...

Hi DoReMi2008 and A9109494. I read that both of you have daughters studying at RHS PN and got offers from St. Clare's. Same for me and I pm you two asking for sharing of opinions as I don't want to discuss this issue in this page which asks about KCS, RHS and VC initially. Please check pm. Thanks.
作者: DoReMi2008    時間: 10-12-14 12:46     標題: 回覆 14# fefemom 的文章

Sorry I am new to this so I don't know what and how to chk pm

Would love to share ideas with all of you too.

[ 本帖最後由 DoReMi2008 於 10-12-14 14:21 編輯 ]
作者: Jiyee    時間: 10-12-14 14:51     標題: 回覆 1# DoReMi2008 的文章

Hi everyone, any topic is welcome here! No worries!

I particularly want to know more about RHS primary school, please kindly feed me back, many thanks!

If there are some RHS parents, please also feel free to join this community, let's exchange more info about the school.

Thanks again, have a nice day!
作者: fefemom    時間: 10-12-14 22:50

原帖由 Jiyee 於 10-12-14 14:51 發表
Hi everyone, any topic is welcome here! No worries!

I particularly want to know more about RHS primary school, please kindly feed me back, many thanks!

If there are some RHS parents, please also fee ...

Hi, Jiyee. My daughter is attending RHS pre-nursery. The environment and organization are good. My girl settled in quite well and is enjoying school very much. I learned that RHS kinder graduates are strong in English and PTH due to their teaching. I heard that their primary school is OKish but many good students leave for other secondary schools. That speaks for the secondary school standard.

So my opinion is that if you do not need to worry about primary and secondary (maybe going to IS?), then RHS certainly is an ideal place for kindergarten.

As for the trip to school, actually RHS is about one of the several schools running their own schoolbuses. I notice that their drivers keep to the speed limit and drive safely compared to some other "schoolbuses" run by private companies and nannybuses. Also they provide better seatbelts (rather than the round the waist type) for kindergarten kids. They cover many districts with many stops. I am satisfied with their service.

I have not applied to the other two schools you mentioned. I can't really comment on them. Victoria certainly is very different from schools with religious background, so I learned from my colleague whose daughter briefly attended Victoria pre-nursery.
作者: rabbyy    時間: 10-12-15 00:00

My son got the AM offer in RHS, I also want to know more about RHS kinder, pls feel free to share.  Not sure if our child will be classmate very soon!
作者: A9109494    時間: 10-12-15 11:28

My younger daughter is now studying in RHS pre-nursery.  It is a v gd kindergarten . I am v satisfied with this school. It is v well organised and always updates what the students learnt in school.  And it provides a lot of materials (bks , self -made bks, cards etc) to the kids! If no need to consider other factors, I can say it is even much better than HKPS or SPK (my elder daughter studied in them) !
作者: lyhv    時間: 10-12-15 14:53

住康山, 車程去玫瑰崗的而且確係一個問題!  你有無問過校車幾點pickup你小朋友?  for 幼稚園學校環境, 我覺得玫瑰崗係首選, 次選係蘇浙, 最後如果你一心囡囡日後讀國際學校, 才會選擇維多利亞!

[ 本帖最後由 lyhv 於 10-12-15 14:54 編輯 ]
作者: Jiyee    時間: 10-12-15 15:25     標題: 回覆 1# A9109494 的文章

Many thanks again, all!

Every time when I get to read messages here, I am surprised and impressed with all the in-depth and informative discussions taken place here.

As for my little one, because her mother tongue is Korean(my wife is a Korean), there are not many options for her here in HK. She can start speaking good English now, so that our next focus is PTH, as I believe she can easily pick up Cantonese elsewhere.

Life is full of complications and accidents, my original plan is to let her study in private/local schools that can provide quality bilingual language education until P3 or 4, then hopefully my daughter will agree to move to IS, as I am really into the IB education -- much better than the local curriculum.

No one knows what happens, but currently RHS and KCS look most appropiate.

I also intend to create a caring community of RHS parents here, so that if my daughter will finally go there, we can support each other.

BTW, she has been accepted as PM student in K1, I am trying every thing I could, to transfer her to AM session.

Look forward to knowing more from you, many thanks again!
作者: lyhv    時間: 10-12-15 15:39

原帖由 Jiyee 於 10-12-15 15:25 發表
Many thanks again, all!

Every time when I get to read messages here, I am surprised and impressed with all the in-depth and informative discussions taken place here.

As for my little one, because he ...

PM would be much better because I afraid she has to wake up very early in the morning if she studied in am session.  Btw, if English is the first language of your daughter, RHS should be much preferrable than KCS.  She can learn cantonese at RHS as well.  The path/chance for changing to IS in the future is also better at RHS.  Moreover, I like the white school dress, haha~~
作者: Jiyee    時間: 10-12-16 09:06     標題: 回覆 1# lyhv 的文章

Thanks again, Iyhv, A9109494, rabbyy, fefemom and everyone!

I feel that it is important for parents to keep exchanging info about school, especially if we are all finally going to the same school.

As parents, we all worry about the education for our children, but deep down there in my heart, I keep reminding myself that schools, teachers, community and curriculums are only "tools" to equip our children for a challenging future, "brand name" is important because it often indicates the quality, however, we don't need to be "obsessed" with the "brand", as long as our children are happy, healthy and learning.

SPK, HKPS, Victoria, RHS & KCS are all great schools, but currently, at this point, I think that RHS and KCS can appropiately fit into my daughter's special situation.

RHS is nice in many ways, but I only concern about the 30 mins school bus distance. KCS is also fantastic.

I want to know about the school fee of RHS kindergarten, and also more info about its primary.

Please feed me back, many thanks again, and Merry Xmas!!
作者: DoReMi2008    時間: 10-12-16 10:00

Hi Jiyee,
Could you pls share more about the IB education and what doyou think of the local curriculum?
From my observation, kids studying in RHS will mainly communicate in Cantonese with their peers, however, KCS will surely fluent in PTH (no Cantonese at all). Depending what is your requirement. My girl learned a lots of PTH songs from school but also picked up lots of Cantonese along the way. RHS will have extra activities (come with fees if you want to join) for students on Sat while KCS doesn't have much on these.
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-12-16 10:16

As you have mentioned you believe at the stage of Year 1 or 2, class size also means quality teaching and learning.  So, I believe class size in PN and KG are also very important in your weighting criteria.  I have no idea about RHS, but just for your information, the class size in KCS is very big.   For my kid's PN class 2 years ago, 35 children in one class, KG, 37 children.....though both with 3 teachers.  
Last piece of information, KCS is just like a mini international school, especially the PN class, for my kid's PN class, almost 1/3 of the children are non-chinese.  There were westerners, mixed kids, Korean, Japanese and Malysian, etc.  I can see most of these non-chinese children can also speak Mandarine quite well now.  So, if you want your kid to learn PTH, KCS can give you quality assurance, but at the expense of Cantonese.
For the Campus, definately, KCS campus is old and small, but to me, better and bigger than Victoria.
原帖由 Jiyee 於 10-12-16 09:06 發表
Thanks again, Iyhv, A9109494, rabbyy, fefemom and everyone!

I feel that it is important for parents to keep exchanging info about school, especially if we are all finally going to the same school.

A ...

作者: bobbb123    時間: 10-12-16 16:51

康怡站 7:50上車, 12:30落車, 由於是頭站, 所以一定會耐些少, 放學12:15開車, 車程約15分鐘左右. 校車的安全帶是5點式, 跟車是1-2位老師, 放學是1位姐姐.
以環境論, 相信RHS是首選, 每班人數約20-24左右, 1位班主任+1助教, 英文日2個net, pth 日 1位pth老師, 班主任很主動聯絡家長, 可多了解小朋友在校的情況. 每位老師也很愛錫小朋友. k2開始2本功課, 評估(考試)要溫書, k3要默書, 但小朋友還是很喜歡上學. 可能RHS 的家長比較忙碌, 所以很少上來分享

KCS課程淺些, 功課少些, 輕鬆些, 能學到流利pth, 朋友囝囝讀緊, 他說好老師真的要看彩數, 他有幸遇到

其實這幾間都是好學校, 希望幫到你們!

[ 本帖最後由 bobbb123 於 10-12-16 17:06 編輯 ]
作者: Jiyee    時間: 10-12-17 00:13     標題: 回覆 1# bobbb123 的文章

Many thanks for your info, bobbb123, Sorb, Doremi08 and all!

Due to my daughter's background, I've only applied 3 schools for her -- RHS, Vict and KCS.

I am a native speaker of PTH, however, I need to work at day time, so just hope that her teachers will be introducing and practising PTH with her when I am at work.

English is the common language used at my family, so I want her to continue reinforcing it.

Last but not the least, as we will be living here in HK, Cantonese is important in daily communication.

I like the distance and curriculum in KCS, however, the environment and curriculum in RHS are also fantastic!

It is a real dilemma, isn't it?!
But, let's wait until the interview result of KCS arrives...

Doremi08, IB education is not really new in HK, many popular IS have adapted the curriculum, say, Kingston, Vict, ESF, and a few more. It is widely accepted around the world, including HK universities.

The IB provides an authenic learning environment for students, they learn thru asking relative questions, and live by caring for each other.

When local students are still working on how to get higher scores for exams, IB students would research and work with their teachers on their paper work in different subjects -- just like the dissertation in universities.

That is why I am trying to equip my daughter with strong English and Chinese -- language is one of the keys to success, not only in the IB learning, but also within this reality.

If you want more info, explore the link: www.ibo.org

I am still keen to know about the school fee of RHS and the quality of its primary, thanks in advance!

[ 本帖最後由 Jiyee 於 10-12-17 00:27 編輯 ]
作者: DoReMi2008    時間: 10-12-17 10:09     標題: 回覆 27# Jiyee 的文章

Thanks a lots Jiyee
作者: mchk1228    時間: 10-12-17 11:36

作者: lyhv    時間: 10-12-17 14:46

原帖由 mchk1228 於 10-12-17 11:36 發表
Hi all,

I am new here & like to join in to your discussion & sharing.

I have a Aug 07 daughter & want to know more info about KCS's kinder, primary & secondary, can anyone share more in-depth about ...

just like RHS, KCS secondary school (north point cloudview road campus) is not a very good school when i was a teenage, that is my personal opinion.  normally most parents are just targeting to these two schools' kindergarten and primary school section.
作者: Sorb    時間: 10-12-17 16:11

KCS KG and primary are not "through-train" school.  There are more than 400 students in K3, but only around 120 seats in P1. All KCS K3 students have to be interviewed now to have an offer from KCS primary.  I did learn cases of failure this year.  
Secondly, KCS primary and secondary school are not linked schools, they are just schools under the same sponsoring body only.....so, bear the name KCS.    I trust all parents sending their kids to KCS primary will not target to send their kids to KCS secondary.  So, never mistaken KCS is through-train from KG to secondary.  
If you want to know its 2010 P6 allocation result to secondary 1, you can refer to this link.  GIPW has wrtiten some secondary school names there.
http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=2258577&extra=&page=2
原帖由 lyhv 於 10-12-17 14:46 發表

just like RHS, KCS secondary school (north point cloudview road campus) is not a very good school when i was a teenage, that is my personal opinion.  normally most parents are just targeting to thes ...

作者: littlejc    時間: 10-12-20 10:04

原帖由 Jiyee 於 10-12-17 00:13 發表
Many thanks for your info, bobbb123, Sorb, Doremi08 and all!

Due to my daughter's background, I've only applied 3 schools for her -- RHS, Vict and KCS.

I am a native speaker of PTH, however, I need  ...

My kid is studying at RHS (PN & now K1).  I gone through the same struggling process as you last year.   
Finally I selected to let my kid to stay at RHS.   Main reason is the envir and class size.  Class size is ~28 kids per class with 2-3 teachers.  Also, seems to have a well balance of language exposure - 2 days Eng & 2 days PTH with native teacher.  
In term of homework, kids have homework in K1 (3 times per week), colouring and drawing lines, 1-2 pages at a time.   No real pressure in K1.  Also, they have extra activities organised on Sat which is optional  (with extra fees, price is reasonable)
If u want a very strong PTH, I beleive KCS is more suitable.  But if u want to know more Cantonese and a very spacious & gd envir (sizeable indoor and outdoor playground & sandpool), seems RHS is better.  
In term of travelling time, I also live in eastern district.  Although the pick up time seems early ~(8:05-8:10),  it actually takes ~25 mins to get to school,  not too bad.  They will have assembly in cover playground before they back to classroom.  
I understand that RHS has Pearson Test of English in K2, any parents at RHS can share what it's about and whether is higher level than K2 Eng?
作者: NatalieBaby    時間: 10-12-20 22:40

My daughter is studying at RHS PN.  She loves the school so much that she always pretends having the class at home!  The cirruculum is very balanced, and the school is well-managed with caring and patient teaching staff.  

Nonethess in your case since you plan to send you kid to IS eventually, will you consider KCIS (the international stream of KCS)?

[ 本帖最後由 NatalieBaby 於 10-12-20 22:44 編輯 ]
作者: Jiyee    時間: 10-12-21 00:42     標題: 回覆 1# NatalieBaby 的文章

Thanks a lot, mchk1228, Iyhv, Sorb, littlejc, Nataliebaby, and everyone!
You are welcome also, Doremi08!

Even though KCS is not a "thru train", I still think it is worthwhile putting our children there -- applications and interviews can often be headache for parents, I understand, though.

PTH will definitely be another world language in very near future, and to a certain extent, it already is!

I believe that most of your children do have more options than mine -- I don't want to raise mine up as a Korean child, nor do I want to raise her up as a completely local kid!

She has the advantage of learning Korean, English, PTH and Cantonese since very young -- this is her advantage and also complication!

So that is why I have to select schools for her very carefully -- normally mothers would join discussions here, but I am a father and hopefully my wife will take over from me soon...  

From my experience and observation, it will make a significant difference if students can study Chinese more for the first 2 or 3 years in primary, once the foundation is built up, it will be more easier for them to pick up any other language in future, no matter it is English or Spanish, whatever...

I am sure that KCIS is also good, but I really want to let my little one try out the local stream first, without giving up her English of course. In this sense, RHS and KCS will be better for my educational plan.

After knowing the interview result of KCS next month and making the final decision, I will create another discussion forum to gather some more parents to support each other.

Wish you all Merry Xmas and a fruitful new year, all the best, fingers crossed!

[ 本帖最後由 Jiyee 於 10-12-21 00:45 編輯 ]
作者: mchk1228    時間: 10-12-24 12:09     標題: 回復 5# lyhv 的帖子

作者: mchk1228    時間: 11-1-7 10:16     標題: 回覆 31# Sorb 的文章

作者: Sorb    時間: 11-1-7 12:25

Well, KCS KG does not publize its P1 allocation result publicley.  So, cannot give you the official figures.  

Based on the observation I have so far, the parents of KCS are behaving just like those parents from normal KGs. Some will also apply those good DSS and private primary schools for their kids in addition to KCS p1.  Some will join the lucky draw games too as KCS primary allows the children to do so.

For the kids that I know, they had offer from the following DSS/private schools: St Paul Co-ed, St Paul Boys, DBS, St Stephen College, 優才, HKUGPS, Evangel, True Light, Good Hope, etc. So, quite diversified, no particular trend.

By the way, I cannot give you advice re what school to choose for your kid as I am having the same headache too. Hope other more experienced parents can give you insight in this regard.  Sorry!

原帖由 mchk1228 於 11-1-7 10:16 發表
Hi Sorb,

from your previous reply, so what were the choices of Primary school of the KC kinder's parents after their kids completed K3 if didn't want to stay in KC for P1 or not accepted by KC P1?

M ...

作者: mchk1228    時間: 11-1-7 18:09     標題: 回復 37# Sorb 的帖子

作者: stseng    時間: 11-1-12 16:06

i heard that RHS primary section is no longer reputable nowaday.  Hence, I believe that the academic training at KCS primiary school would be better than RHS primary school.  For this reason, if you live in Kornhill and target to go to a better primary school after KG, then KCS would be preferable.  KCS primary school has preference in accepting KCS KG students.
PTH training at KCS is not the same as those one or two days PTH day per week , the students at KCS use PTH as the primary medium of communication on a daily basis.  They study happily at KCS and loves the school and teachers.  Its location is more convenient for you to attend his activities at school.
作者: mchk1228    時間: 11-1-13 12:12

作者: stseng    時間: 11-1-13 13:50     標題: 回復 40# mchk1228 的帖子

To master a language is a long term task.  For this reason, what's the point of only attending K3 at KCS Kindergarten without a target to strike for a P1 place at KCS Primary School?  If you do not intend your kid to attend KCS Primary School, it would be a waste of effort.  Even if you get a K3 place at KCS, it does not guarantee a P1 place for you due to keen competition.  At K3 level, KCS has classes running from A to L, but at P1, they only have four whole-day classes.  As such, please carefully decide your strategy before your move.

[ 本帖最後由 stseng 於 11-1-13 13:51 編輯 ]
作者: Sorb    時間: 11-1-13 14:38

If you target KCS primary, one point maybe worth of your attention.  KCS primary will interview the KCS K3 student in late September, so, that means your kid will be interviewed in one month after admisison to K3.  How likely you think your kid can win those old K3 students for a place in KCS primary.

If you are not targeting KCS, is it good for a kid to change school in K3 and then change school in P1?

原帖由 stseng 於 11-1-13 13:50 發表
To master a language is a long term task.  For this reason, what's the point of only attending K3 at KCS Kindergarten without a target to strike for a P1 place at KCS Primary School?  If you do not in ...

作者: mchk1228    時間: 11-1-13 15:01     標題: 回復 1# stseng 的帖子

作者: stseng    時間: 11-1-13 21:48

mchk1228
You need to be objective when assessing the effectiveness of teaching PTH and good behaviour of the current kindergarten.  Remember - each kid is unique and some of them pick up language faster or slower than the others.  They also have different characters that modify how they behave.  Also, you need to ask yourself whether your expectation is too high or not as this may affect your judgment on the current kindergarten.  I say this because you may be disappointed again after changing school and complain that KCS is not effective in training your kid up to your expected standard.  There is no guarantee that you will be satisfy with the result after changing school as so many factors are affecting a child's learning - each of them is so unique.  Your own expectation is also an important factor to determine whether you are satisfied with the result.

I would recommend you to change to KCS for even one year (i.e. only K3) only if:
1.  you are really unhappy with the current kindergarten and very sure that your kid is not suitable to be in that kindergarten.
2.  you are willing to take the risk that KCS may not offer your kid a P1 place after finishing K3.
3.  you are willing to accept the fact - there is no guarantee that you will be happy with your kid's progress in PTH / behaviour after attending KCS as she has to get used to a new and very different environment where everyone in her class is speaking PTH (no one speaks Cantonese).  She may be nervious and need some time to adapt to it.  (having said that, i am very confident with KCS's PTH environment, teaching quality and peer groups which are all beneficial to a kid's learning PTH and good behaviour).  

My view may be subjective, but I hope this helps you to make a wise decision.

原帖由 mchk1228 於 11-1-13 15:01 發表
Thank you stsenq.

Yes, that's the point I am struggling and that is why i don't know whether to go for KC kinder or not. Her current kinder is apparently not the type i want after the facts i realis ...

[ 本帖最後由 stseng 於 11-1-13 21:52 編輯 ]
作者: mchk1228    時間: 11-1-14 11:17     標題: 回復 1# stseng 的帖子

作者: mchk1228    時間: 11-1-19 12:19

歡迎光臨 教育王國 (/) Powered by Discuz! X1.5