用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St. Cat., HY, SH, True Light (Tai Hang), how do you ...
查看: 7079|回覆: 37
go

St. Cat., HY, SH, True Light (Tai Hang), how do you choose? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-3-12 02:43 |只看該作者 |正序瀏覽 |打印
We live in TKO.  My gal gets offers from these 4 kindergartens.  TL & SH get higher rate to its primary.  HY is nearer in location.  ST. Cat. Is good in English and co-Ed.  It is hard to make the decision.  Could Anyone give suggestion? Which one is better in terms of academic and moral education.  For TL, SH and HY, which one is better in Primary and Secondary?  Thank you!
   0    0    0    0

38#
發表於 11-4-26 00:11 |只看該作者
hm.... in fact, I would like to know more about True Light (Tai Hang)! I thought it's good enough comparing with SH and HY, especially when HY's lucky draw issue...
Please share!

37#
發表於 11-4-24 22:17 |只看該作者
bb2604 thank you. Why do you think ... For sure Heep Yunn?

36#
發表於 11-4-17 01:03 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

35#
發表於 11-4-11 01:01 |只看該作者
Thank you Ian and Bluegene. For primary school, teaching style of HY and SH is 傳統/活動? Students of HYPS and SHPS are love to go to school just like their KG's students as well?

34#
發表於 11-4-9 03:05 |只看該作者
For KG, I think HY is much better than SH in term of academic knowledge.  For moral edu, both are very good.  As SHKG students can have a higher chance to stay in SHPS (if you select private section), you need to think about this point.  For HY, a lot of students have 20 pts. There is also keen academic competition there but best students usually would be accepted by DGJS.  Chance in Round 1 and 2 is not high.  Round 3 result depends on your daughter's school performance.

For PS, I think SH would push students much harder than HY.  In SH, there are a lot of daily homeworks and frequent tests.  Unless your daughter is really smart, you may need to prepare for the stress.  Crying to do the homework is not uncommon.  Those parents and students can't withstand this would just quit.

原帖由 Lovelychinchin 於 11-3-26 03:21 發表
Thank you all for sharing your  opinions! It seems that most of you prefer SH.

Kyliejet: Is your daughter studying in HY now? If so, I am lucky enough to have both parents of HY's girl and SH's girl  ...

33#
發表於 11-4-8 14:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-4-7 21:34 發表
Checked the books they used for phonics, basically a-z takes the first and a half year and so digraphs just started second term of K2.  Won't have blends in K2.  

Thanks Ian.

[ 本帖最後由 Cutemom0808 於 11-4-8 14:35 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

32#
發表於 11-4-7 21:34 |只看該作者
Checked the books they used for phonics, basically a-z takes the first and a half year and so digraphs just started second term of K2.  Won't have blends in K2.  

原帖由 Cutemom0808 於 11-4-7 16:03 發表

Thanks a lot. 如果教到digraphs也不算慢呢。始終有好多人沒有學過phonics,k1 由a-z教起也是正常的。

31#
發表於 11-4-7 16:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-4-7 15:42 發表
I know they were teaching some digraphs couple months ago but not sure about blends.  Let me ask my daughter tonight.

Thanks a lot. 如果教到digraphs也不算慢呢。始終有好多人沒有學過phonics,k1 由a-z教起也是正常的。

醒目開學勳章

30#
發表於 11-4-7 15:42 |只看該作者
I know they were teaching some digraphs couple months ago but not sure about blends.  Let me ask my daughter tonight.

原帖由 Cutemom0808 於 11-4-7 15:14 發表

請問Ian K2 Phonics教到blending未?

29#
發表於 11-4-7 15:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-4-3 22:05 發表
Sorry for late reply.

Academic level.....  this is always tough to comment since I really don't have an objective view of easy or hard.  I would definitely not hard, but also not easy?  It's all de ...

請問Ian K2 Phonics教到blending未?

醒目開學勳章

28#
發表於 11-4-3 22:05 |只看該作者
Sorry for late reply.

1. what is the academic level? Is it easy or difficult? What is the English and PTH level? Are there Native teachers for both languages?  How long is the English & PTH lesson? Have English & PTH lesson everyday? They will teach phonic or not.

Academic level.....  this is always tough to comment since I really don't have an objective view of easy or hard.  I would definitely not hard, but also not easy?  It's all depends on what you compare that to.

There are around 20-30 mins of language class per day, either English or PTH (so not both everyday).  This year should be 3 days of English and 2 days of PTH.  PTH teachers are native and English teachers are either native or foreign born/educated Chinese.  Phonics teaching starts in K1, but far slower compare to outside courses, of course.

2. Other than language, what is the curriculum focus?

The curriculum is based on three factors: Music, Physical and Arts.  Healthy living is also highly concerned so children are taught to eat healthy.  

3. What do you think the moral education of HY / SH?  Do you think the kindergarten help guiding your daughter to build up good personality?  Do you have any general impression on the characteristics of girls from HY / SH? They are active / creative / self-discipline / independent...?

Moral education is also a very key part so children are taught to care and respect others, and to be humble and loving.  While doing so, the kids' own personality are to be maintained, so there are both active and quiet children.

3. Are the girls from HY / SH love reading?

Yes, they all love reading.  The habit is established since beginning of K1.

4. What is the school fee for Kindergarten & primary?

SHCK school fee is near the maximum of voucher-receiving policy allowed.  Over $23,000 per year and will minus $16,000 next year for the voucher.  For primary school, am is private and school fee this year is around $22,000-24,000 ( I forgot ).  pm is gov't aided so no school fees.

27#
發表於 11-4-2 00:29 |只看該作者

Ian & kyliejet please help

Ian & kyliejet, please could you share your experience?

26#
發表於 11-3-26 03:21 |只看該作者
Thank you all for sharing your  opinions! It seems that most of you prefer SH.

Kyliejet: Is your daughter studying in HY now? If so, I am lucky enough to have both parents of HY's girl and SH's girl here.  Coz read another thread, Ian has 2 daughters studying in SH now.  Million thanks if both of you can share more about your experience of studying at HY & SH respectively.
1. what is the academic level? Is it easy or difficult? What is the English and PTH level? Are there Native teachers for both languages?  How long is the English & PTH lesson? Have English & PTH lesson everyday? They will teach phonic or not.
2. Other than language, what is the curriculum focus?
3. What do you think the moral education of HY / SH?  Do you think the kindergarten help guiding your daughter to build up good personality?  Do you have any general impression on the characteristics of girls from HY / SH? They are active / creative / self-discipline / independent...?
3. Are the girls from HY / SH love reading?
4. What is the school fee for Kindergarten & primary?
Thanks both & sorry for so many questions.

25#
發表於 11-3-24 13:53 |只看該作者
我揀SH, 識一d有小朋友響SH小學中學的朋友,問佢地係咪好大壓力,佢地話開頭都有d擔心,但后來小朋友自已可handle,P3已唔使太跟功課,成班都係happy girls,d修女重好好人,叫我放心!相返佢地仔仔跟St Joesph,跟功課跟到死喎!

24#
發表於 11-3-24 10:18 |只看該作者
I would suggest SH if you prefer easier life for you during the kindergarten years.

The pressure in Heep Yunn is really big as the parents will try their best to compete the seats for knocking door. Please be reminded that the school will consider not only academic performances but most importantly, the conduct and behavior of the students. This is the reason that HY girls are mostly welcomed by other famous schools even though they cannot go to HYPS.

Only parents will have the pressure, the girls there are very happy, they love to go to school very much.

醒目開學勳章

23#
發表於 11-3-24 09:52 |只看該作者
Sorry I don't really follow the news that closely.  But lately I heard their current principal of secondary section has just resigned.....  however, she claimed she will stay on to assist the arrangement to switch to DSS.

原帖由 Lovelychinchin 於 11-3-23 23:44 發表
Thanks Ian! Do you know how long will it take for switching to DSS usually?  Is there any chance for HY to switch to DSS by 2014?

22#
發表於 11-3-23 23:44 |只看該作者
Thanks Ian! Do you know how long will it take for switching to DSS usually?  Is there any chance for HY to switch to DSS by 2014?

醒目開學勳章

21#
發表於 11-3-17 00:27 |只看該作者
I am not Catholic but I went to Catholic school.  Actually we also consider Christian schools but during the process to shortlisted the suitable schools we found that many of those are Catholic schools only.  I have also researched on Christian schools but just not as many only.

I also heard about Heep Yunn will switch to DSS but I think they still have some road blocks to clear so it may take them some time to decide whether to change their primary to DSS too.

原帖由 Lovelychinchin 於 11-3-16 23:56 發表
Thanks a lot, Ian!  You are really a good father.  Why do you focus on catholic? Are you catholic or you think that catholic school can train up children be more self-discipline?  for HY, do you think ...

20#
發表於 11-3-16 23:56 |只看該作者
Thanks a lot, Ian!  You are really a good father.  Why do you focus on catholic? Are you catholic or you think that catholic school can train up children be more self-discipline?  for HY, do you think its primary will change to DSS soon as it's secondary will change to DSS next year.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖