搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 Difference between G1, G2 G3
樓主: ChapmanMa
go

Difference between G1, G2 G3 [複製鏈接]

181#
發表於 09-1-9 09:00 |只看該作者
Dear Monkeydad,
my daughter also takes no.9 bus. I think that we live very close to each other.....the bus will pick up her at 7:25a.m. If we take the bus by ourselves, it takes only 5 minutes.....I also feel discontent about the bus service, but my daughter love taking school bus with friends.

182#
發表於 09-1-9 13:06 |只看該作者
Dear Sara,

I live in Jordan right next to Route 3.  So, it takes no more than 8 minutes driving time point to point or approximately 4-5km.

Are you still taking school bus this month?  It may cost to close to $100 a day.

Do you know when your girl arrive school in the morning?  Mine is the 2nd last stop and there is one more pick up point.  Hence, the bus is likely to arrive school before 8:00am.  If so, why don't the company try delaying the pick up time by 10 minutes.

Taking school bus is a plus for kids to expand their social circle.

183#
發表於 09-1-10 16:36 |只看該作者
Monkeydad and Sara:

你們有無留意近幾天傳煤所提及的"2010教學語言微調"的新聞? 將來不會分"英中"或"中中", 改為每間學校同級分"英文班""中文班". 我估計私校不受此限(因未穫政府資助), 但直資是否如津校/官校一樣受此限? SM 中學部教學語言會否有更改?

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-1-9 13:06 發表
Dear Sara,

I live in Jordan right next to Route 3.  So, it takes no more than 8 minutes driving time point to point or approximately 4-5km.

Are you still taking school bus this month?  It may cost t ...

184#
發表於 09-1-12 09:04 |只看該作者
Dear monkeydad,
so you mean that your son gets the school bus after 7:45am every morning?  I admire so much....We need to wait the bus at about 7:25am in the morning.....there are more than 5 stops after picking up my daughter, so I always feel discontent about the bus service.
It costs $630 for a month so it costs $63 for a day, so expensive.  As my maid is taking care my younger child, she cannot deliver my daughter to the school......so we cannot but take the bus la.

HKQQbaby,

I never worry about any educational reform from the EDB as the DSS should be free from the restrictions. Therefore, our school should be the same as usual.

However, some parents may think that it is not worth going to the DSS now as there are more EMI school in HK so they will let their children study in a subsidized school instead of DSS.
But for me, the school which has EMI class & CMI classes is so chaotic.....there are keen competition for students to admit the EMI class. On the other hand, the training for the teachers are not sufficient, the EMI class in these school may not be the real one (that is, use English book, teach in Chinese).....

Some parents may lose confidence about the educational reform and tend to select the DSS in the future.

For me, I already lost confidence for any education reform from EDB. I don't believe that students can be beneficial from this reform.

185#
發表於 09-1-12 09:31 |只看該作者
Sara,

I send my boy to school only this month as our fare is $830 (i.e. $83 / a day this month).  Pick up time is 7:35am.  We can leave home at 7:55 or 8:00am if I send him to school.  Mine is the 2nd last and the last pick up point is Charming Garden near Olympic. So, I wonder the bus should arrive school before 8am considering the routing.  That is, the kids have a lot of time in school before the bell rings.  My boy failed to tell me the time but he said he could play before the bell rang.

My boy spend less time in the bus than you but we are charged higher .

HKQQbaby,

As far as I understand, DSS has higher degree of autonomy in deciding its syllabus and hence I think it may not be materially affected.

186#
發表於 09-2-3 21:55 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

Check pm pls.

HKqqbaby

[ 本帖最後由 HKQQbaby 於 09-2-3 21:56 編輯 ]

187#
發表於 09-2-5 15:44 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

我正考慮是否參與"數碼學習大課題"網上練習, 因現可用的課餘時間不多.

188#
發表於 09-4-2 14:42 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

There are quite a lot of work for Easter (1) Maths project;
(2) Chinese PTH workbook;
(3) revision of Chinese dictation;
(4) Chinese reading;
(5) revision of English dictation
(6) reading journal - min. 3 books
(7) project on zoo

I am bringing my boy to Beijing for a week.  So, have to rush for all these.  Poor me ah...

189#
發表於 09-4-3 09:18 |只看該作者
Monkeydad

One more homework:
G.S - Greeting card for parents

And I will move to "four small dragon" near SM this Summer Holiday, so my babies will not take school bus next term.  They will have more time to read the story books and relax after school. They do not need to take two hours school bus everyday.

HKqqbaby

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-4-2 14:42 發表
HKQQbaby,

There are quite a lot of work for Easter (1) Maths project;
(2) Chinese PTH workbook;
(3) revision of Chinese dictation;
(4) Chinese reading;
(5) revision of English dictation
(6) readi ...

[ 本帖最後由 HKQQbaby 於 09-4-3 09:25 編輯 ]

190#
發表於 09-4-3 13:20 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

You made a wise decision - moving close to school as P2 may be more demanding.

I didn't do much of the Chinese reading in the past 2 months and only completed 11 books for the reading jounrnal.

I will skip revising the two dictations during Easter holiday as I think I can catch up later.  However, finishing the rest is not an easy task.

Hope there are not any quiz shortly after Easter holiday.

191#
發表於 09-4-6 10:31 |只看該作者
Dear monkeydad,
compared to other school, the workload is not heavy. Sometimes I wonder if there is too less homework for them. My daughter starts to watch the TV for longer hours in these few weeks as there are no much homework.......I am afraid that she will become lazy after the holidays!
We don't have the project for zoo, but we do need to do the Math project.......My daughter left the project in school again! I ask her to go back to school to pick up it with my maid.......She said that she didn't know where the Math. Project was....

Dear HKQQbaby,
congratulations for your moving!
It is very convenient for your child to go to school.  Actually you can take a walk to school.  So you can spare more time with your child!

192#
發表於 09-4-6 10:56 |只看該作者
Sara,

I should be glad that we have less than traditional school.

My boy has been progressing well in past few days - he has finished the Maths project, GS, 2 reading jounrnals and he is now doing the zoo project (finished 4 animials already).  He may think that he will be left alone at home if he does not have his homework finished before we take off on Wed.

The maths project is quite easy - to find pictures of various 2D shapes namely circle, quadrilateral, triangle, hexagon and pentagon respectively and the last question it to design a shirt with various 2D shapes.  Perhaps, you can start collecting the pictures from newspaper, magazines, intranet ect and just to stick on the project paper when you have it.  You may ask other classmates to make a copy (sorry that we have finished and cannot help this time).

193#
發表於 09-4-7 09:31 |只看該作者
Dear monkeydad,
I asked my daughter about the zoo project, she then told me that she has already done it...... I don't know if it is true.....
Yesterday she went back to school to look for the Maths Project but still could not find it....I didn't know any SM P.1 parents, how can I ask someone for a copy of Project?
Then I ask some of my friends if they  know any SM's parents. Finally I know one that live near us and I will get a copy of Maths Project from her tonight.
I ask my daughter to use her money to buy some snacks for the parents. I hope that she will not lose anything again.......

194#
發表於 09-4-7 10:44 |只看該作者
Sara,

My boy is in G2.  He did the 50 words story writing about zoo in school.  This time, his zoo project is to find pictures from newspapers, magazines or internet and make a zoo; put one animal on each page and write about its habitat, food and other information; min. 5 animals.  You may check from the intranet.

My memory is that each student has to do a project as his / her portfolio work each term.  Last one was the 5 photos about Christmas.

195#
發表於 09-4-8 13:30 |只看該作者
Dear monkeydad,
I didn't know that there was a piece of paper for the zoo project. I will ask my daughter again....if she says that she need not do it, I will not ask her again. After all, it is her own responsibility to do the homework.

196#
發表於 09-4-9 00:20 |只看該作者
sara

As I known, G3 students' English project is "Easter", I guess there are different English projects for G1, G2 & G3.

This month, there is less homework for P1 students, so I let my babies to read English/Chinese story books themselve everyday.  And I let them to do some Grammar exercises. (Since there is not any English grammar exercises from school.)

HKQQbaby

原帖由 sara 於 09-4-6 10:31 發表
Dear monkeydad,
compared to other school, the workload is not heavy. Sometimes I wonder if there is too less homework for them. My daughter starts to watch the TV for longer hours in these few weeks a ...

197#
發表於 09-4-16 09:00 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby & Sara,

Maths quiz is coming on Apr 24 - in between the Chinese and English dictation.

I think GS quiz will follow shortly no later than early May.

198#
發表於 09-4-16 10:16 |只看該作者

回覆 # 的文章

Hi monkeydad/Sara,

May I know when the Eng dictation will be?  I just know that they have Chi dictation.  Also, we haven't received notice for Math quiz as well!

199#
發表於 09-4-16 15:01 |只看該作者
English dictation will be on Apr 27 - stated on the paper of the 20 words.

Maths quiz will be on Apr 24 - uploaded today on intranet.

200#
發表於 09-4-16 17:07 |只看該作者
Hi monkeydad,

I found that Maths quiz notice from the intranet but still no news about the Eng dictation.  I checked with my girl and she also said no Eng dictation.  Maybe I need to check with the teachers on the Parents Day next Fri!:L

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-4-16 15:01 發表
English dictation will be on Apr 27 - stated on the paper of the 20 words.

Maths quiz will be on Apr 24 - uploaded today on intranet.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題