教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 any news from DBSPD?
樓主: ursulafung
go

any news from DBSPD? [複製鏈接]

181#
發表於 06-11-29 22:18 |只看該作者

Re: any news from DBSPD?

To answer your questions:

1. The panel consists of Ms Lo and two other interviewers, who may be Mr Chang, teachers or school committee members.

2. Yes, they will stop you when time is up.

3. If you are more comfortable with Eng, just tell them upfront.  Don't think they will mind.

182#
發表於 06-11-30 00:45 |只看該作者

Dear all,

I know last year was Headteacher Lo, Headmaster Chang and Supervisor.

Annisyam

183#
發表於 06-12-1 13:10 |只看該作者

anyone interview yesterday and this morning?
Are the questions all the same?

Thanks!

184#
發表於 06-12-4 00:23 |只看該作者

waiting for the result.......
該用戶已被刪除

185#
發表於 06-12-4 11:17 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

186#
發表於 06-12-4 18:16 |只看該作者

12月中會有信寄來, 祝各位小朋友好運。
in 完真的鬆了口氣.
funnyhan

187#
發表於 06-12-5 01:51 |只看該作者

anyone knows which date?

188#
發表於 06-12-5 05:41 |只看該作者

sallysally 寫道:
anyone knows which date?

someone told me that should be on 14/12 or 15/12.
good luck everyone

189#
發表於 06-12-5 09:04 |只看該作者

Is the news from reliable sources? Have anyone asked the school?

190#
發表於 06-12-5 09:10 |只看該作者

I get lost and confused.

Please advise if DBSPD is now a co-educational school that can accept both boys and girls.  And that those graduate will have high chance to DBS College (but this is a boy school and not yet confirmed the thru-train).

I will feel sorry for the DBS (the aided primary) student as they will now central allocation to this school, being the graduate but losing the advantage to the DBS College.

Thanks for sharing.

Chelsea

191#
發表於 06-12-5 09:19 |只看該作者

DBS is always an aided primary school, and they accept girls now.  
DBSPD is a DSS and is "thru train" to DBS.
There are over 200 seats in DBS (sec school), only 150 seats in DBSPD, therefore, the secondary school must accept some students from other schools.
Graduates of DBS primary should have an equal chance to apply DBS as other primary schools.
chelsea 寫道:
I get lost and confused.

Please advise if DBSPD is now a co-educational school that can accept both boys and girls.  And that those graduate will have high chance to DBS College (but this is a boy school and not yet confirmed the thru-train).

I will feel sorry for the DBS (the aided primary) student as they will now central allocation to this school, being the graduate but losing the advantage to the DBS College.

Thanks for sharing.

Chelsea

192#
發表於 06-12-5 10:28 |只看該作者

I heard that some DBS old boys' sons did a very short interview during the 2nd IN, they even no need to go through the individual part and came out together with their parents. Anyone heard that too?

sigh......how is our chance!

193#
發表於 06-12-5 10:59 |只看該作者

sunkist-lime,

Thanks for your info, I would like to lay out the thinking below:-

DBS primary (aided primary school) - has changed to co-ed school and accept girl, girl would have to look for other secondary when graduate, the boy will have to participate to the central allocation.

DBSPD (DSS) - do not accept girl but is a "thru train" to DBS (Secondary College).

the above are from the newspaper article or your findings.

Thanks.

Chelsea

194#
發表於 06-12-5 11:38 |只看該作者

DBS primary (aided primary school) = DPS, the full name is Diocesan Preparatory School.

I heard from the other thread that DBS has promised to offer 10 places to DPS's top 10 boys. The other boys need to go thru the central allocation game or apply to DBS thru interview!

My friend's husband is an old boy, the format of the interview for them is similar to ours .... 1 to 2 mins for parents and the boy was asked to play lego and describe a picture .... I don't think old boy's kids will have different treatment in interview.

Junko

195#
發表於 06-12-5 11:38 |只看該作者

I presume you are talking about the difference between DPS (the old aided primary school) and DBSPD (the new DSS primary division of DBS).

True, DPS is co-ed and DBSPD is boys only.  And the 150 DBSPD P.6 students should have a very good chance to advance to DBS. But I'm sure you must still pass most of the subjects.

sunkist-lime 寫道:
DBS is always an aided primary school, and they accept girls now.  
DBSPD is a DSS and is "thru train" to DBS.
There are over 200 seats in DBS (sec school), only 150 seats in DBSPD, therefore, the secondary school must accept some students from other schools.
Graduates of DBS primary should have an equal chance to apply DBS as other primary schools.[quote]
chelsea 寫道:
I get lost and confused.

Thanks for sharing.

Chelsea
[/quote]

196#
發表於 06-12-5 12:35 |只看該作者

Dear Chelsea,
What you mean"lease advise if DBSPD is now a co-educational school that can accept both boys and girls. "

DBSPD just for boy.

197#
發表於 06-12-5 14:26 |只看該作者

Thanks to Junko and TTPP for the detail explanation.

Dear Annisyam,

TTPP has well explained the difference to the schools.

Chelsea

annisyam 寫道:
Dear Chelsea,
What you mean"lease advise if DBSPD is now a co-educational school that can accept both boys and girls. "

DBSPD just for boy.

198#
發表於 06-12-5 22:29 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Did the school call u the day b4  the 2nd interview to make sure u have received the letter for 2nd in?

199#
發表於 06-12-6 12:49 |只看該作者

eemay 寫道:
Dear all,

Did the school call u the day b4  the 2nd interview to make sure u have received the letter for 2nd in?

yes

200#
發表於 06-12-6 14:17 |只看該作者

No, both my friend and I didn't get any calls b4 the 2nd interview date!
sallysally 寫道:
[quote]
eemay 寫道:
Dear all,

yes[/quote]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題