搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 DBSPD intervew
樓主: Gordon_No_4
go

DBSPD intervew [複製鏈接]

201#
發表於 06-10-27 16:07 |只看該作者

Re: DBSPD intervew

Just come back from the interview .... very tired!

My son is the last group of his timeslot coming out from the interview room ... so I have been waiting for him for a very long time ....

My son said he has spent almost an hour in the game room and then meet the teacher. The teacher shows him some pictures and asked him to describe them!

But, he said he didn't watch any cartoons or movie!

junko

202#
發表於 06-10-27 16:10 |只看該作者

Gordon_No_4 寫道:
Who is Joey Tang?

Hi hi , I found a picture having him - the one carrying a guitar.  (人地一直大都做本地音樂,好多演場會都仲見到有請他在台下玩 band,最為人知係因為曾經係太極樂隊主音/ Guitar, I bet - you're not born in 70's...    )

http://app.tvb.com/music/jsg/live/e20030519_5077.htm

203#
發表於 06-10-27 16:27 |只看該作者

Mrs.Wong 寫道:
My son could not recall how they were grouped, but he said that there was different no. range in his group. The smallest no. is 4x while the largest number is 24x.

Hello Mrs. Wong , I also noticed from the white board at the "pick up point" that the applicants' numbers are "jumpy"   , don't know how the kids are grouped...

Also, I suppose different groups had different sets of questions - becos my kid said he was only asked some general questions, he was not asked any "picture questions"!

204#
發表於 06-10-27 16:49 |只看該作者

OIC. I can recognise him. What is his Chinese name? Is he a DBS old boy?

morris_mama 寫道:
Hi hi , I found a picture having him - the one carrying a guitar.  (人地一直大都做本地音樂,好多演場會都仲見到有請他在台下玩 band,最為人知係因為曾經係太極樂隊主音/ Guitar, I bet - you're not born in 70's...    )

http://app.tvb.com/music/jsg/live/e20030519_5077.htm
Gordon_No_4

205#
發表於 06-10-27 17:05 |只看該作者

I saw him too, his son is in 10-11am.

206#
發表於 06-10-27 17:05 |只看該作者

Gordon_No_4 寫道:
OIC. I can recognise him. What is his Chinese name? Is he a DBS old boy?

No... I have no idea...

The magazine ("Esquire" or "HIM" I can't remember) didn't mention but it seems to me that Joey Tang and/or his wife 好似幾刻意栽培個仔 - he mentioned "music and sports", that made me 第一時間 feel that he would also like to apply schools like DBSPD for his son.

Have your son had the interview?

207#
發表於 06-10-27 17:13 |只看該作者

morris_mama 寫道:

Yes, we did. I tried to squeeze him what he had answered. What he gave me are just bits and pieces. I cannot determine if he has answered correctly or incorrectly. He told me that the teacher has asked what is his name. (That's quite simple. Should be OK.) He also told me that the teacher has asked another question which he has forgotten.     However, he comforted me that he has answered "something" for it anyways. In his opinion, he thinks his answer should be OK.    

Hope everything is fine. Our effort has been paid. What we can do now is to leave it to our Lord.

I feel very relieved now.

Gordon_No_4

208#
發表於 06-10-27 17:19 |只看該作者

My son finished the interview today (11:00-12:00).
He told me that he saw the movie of "Nemo" in the first room. After that he spent some time to read story books and draw picture by himself.
Finally, an individual interview by a teacher just asking some simple questions including "Show & Tell".

My son told me that it was so simple.

Again, I'm curious how can the teachers evaluate the kids with such simple interview. That's why there are so many people think that the family background still plays the important role finally         

209#
發表於 06-10-27 17:28 |只看該作者

Gordon_No_4 寫道:
[quote]
morris_mama 寫道:

Yes, we did. I tried to squeeze him what he had answered. What he gave me are just bits and pieces. I cannot determine if he has answered correctly or incorrectly. He told me that the teacher has asked what is his name. (That's quite simple. Should be OK.) He also told me that the teacher has asked another question which he has forgotten.     However, he comforted me that he has answered "something" for it anyways. In his opinion, he thinks his answer should be OK.    

Hope everything is fine. Our effort has been paid. What we can do now is to leave it to our Lord.

I feel very relieved now.[/quote]

嘩,一模一樣呀!我個仔都係甘。

係呀。。。 1st round interviews 都尾聲喇。。。"in" 埋DBSPD,黎到呢刻真係有點兒“放下心頭大石”既感覺呢!

210#
發表於 06-10-27 17:33 |只看該作者

same as my kid....we finished interview 2-3pm....He said he watched movie of "Woody & Buzz Light year", then reading story books....show & tell....simple question in English and some cantonese....other games...he only said very happy ...but forgot the questions already.....

211#
發表於 06-10-27 17:38 |只看該作者

pumbaa 寫道:
My son told me that it was so simple.

Again, I'm curious how can the teachers evaluate the kids with such simple interview. That's why there are so many people think that the family background still plays the important role finally         

Right... too simple, 搞到我覺得吾係好信會如此簡單! ha ha...

According to the "marking scheme", the performance in 1st interview is only weighted 30%, but the 2nd interview (the one with parents) will be weighted 50%.

Meaning's that we can say "parents" does matter overall, 係咪?!但,係囉,如此簡單的 interview, 究竟會點揀 300 個入 2nd "in" 呢?

212#
發表於 06-10-27 17:49 |只看該作者

Hey, ... don't forget those candidates with "relationship" with DBSPD will have 10 marks added in the 1st round (i.e. 10/50).....

Candidates without this additional marks are difficult to enter the 2nd round, except those very bright kids!

See the following cases:

Boy A (with same religion SKH, but ordinary boy):
- 1st interview got 20/30
- Relationship marks: 10/10 (e.g. religion)
- ECA + Sch report: 7/10

Total mark in the 1st round = 37/50

Boy B (no relationship, smart boy)
- 1st interview got 25/30
- ECA + Sch report: 10/10

Total mark in the 1st round = 35/50

The above cases show that the chance for going to the 2nd in for candidates without the 10 bonus marks is slim!

junko

213#
發表於 06-10-27 17:54 |只看該作者

Dear Junko,

Thanks for bringing up to us.

How do you know the 10 marks for "relation" will be inclusive to determine if the boy can get a 2nd interview?
From the parents' briefing? Or other sources?

Junko 寫道:
Hey, ... don't forget those candidates with "relationship" with DBSPD will have 10 marks added in the 1st round (i.e. 10/50).....

Candidates without this additional marks are difficult to enter the 2nd round, except those very bright kids!
Gordon_No_4

214#
發表於 06-10-27 17:59 |只看該作者

My son didn't watch movie, he said he read story books first, then go to another room to listen to story ( from speaker), then a teacher (Miss) asked him to create a story and tell her about it.

215#
發表於 06-10-27 18:00 |只看該作者

The info is from the briefing as I recalled that a parent has asked the headteacher if the 10 marks is added in the 1st round. The answer is "yes".

I have heard from some parents that the 10 marks was only counted in the 2nd round last year ... so many old boys' kids cannot enter the 2nd round .... which arouse many grievances to the management group. So this year, the 10 marks will be added in the 1st round!

junko

[quote]
Gordon_No_4 寫道:
Dear Junko,

Thanks for bringing up to us.

How do you know the 10 marks for "relation" will be inclusive to determine if the boy can get a 2nd interview?
From the parents' briefing? Or other sources?

216#
發表於 06-10-27 18:11 |只看該作者

llmom 寫道:
My son didn't watch movie, he said he read story books first, then go to another room to listen to story ( from speaker), then a teacher (Miss) asked him to create a story and tell her about it.

My son told me that he didn't read books because the Lego is so attractive.    
Gordon_No_4

217#
發表於 06-10-27 18:17 |只看該作者

Gordon_No_4 寫道:

Hi Gordon_No_4 ,

My son told me that he picked a book becos the books look attractive (?!) and I asked him: Really?  Why didn't you play legos (his favourite toys) but he said: no legos there!

From this, I guess different rooms got different toys!

218#
發表於 06-10-27 18:24 |只看該作者

morris_mama 寫道:
[quote]Gordon_No_4 寫道:

Hi Gordon_No_4 ,

My son told me that he picked a book becos the books look attractive (?!) and I asked him: Really?  Why didn't you play legos (his favourite toys) but he said: no legos there!

From this, I guess different rooms got different toys!
[/quote]

My son told me that the toys corner is crowded with kids, so he don't want to fight for it. ( yes, my son said they have Lego there)

醒目開學勳章

219#
發表於 06-10-27 19:19 |只看該作者

Hi   , how did you dress your son for interview today?

Maybe it's the only interveiw that I had chance to see so many boys.  It really made me "大開眼界".  From "T-shirt, 板仔褲+cap 帽" to "燕尾禮服+bow" .  Do you think the dressing style counts?

220#
發表於 06-10-27 21:04 |只看該作者

Gordon_No_4 寫道:
He told me that the teacher has asked what is his name. (That's quite simple. Should be OK.)

Dear all,

My son told me that the teacher didn't ask him any personal things,he was only asked him the thing in the picture. So, it means that he must be failed. :cry:  :cry: The teacher wasn't interested in his daily life and hobbies. :cry:
He said the teacher only ask him 2-3 Q and all not personal. He watched movie,but also no questions regarding to the movie.     
My son said he did read a book,but the teacher didn't neither ask him about the book nor ask him to read to him. so,no hope!
No chance!

anyway,he said "好好玩"
‹ 上一主題|下一主題