教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 "Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group "
樓主: kawai
go

"Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group " [複製鏈接]

2281#
發表於 07-1-27 17:59 |只看該作者

Re: "Biomedical Treatment - Parents' Group "

Dear All

My son starts the Bio-treatment recommended by Dr. Trodd, as I konw the parent group have a regular gathering to discuss & share the result not only in the website. Any gathering in the near futher, please let me know?

Chung

2282#
發表於 07-2-9 21:24 |只看該作者

Hi pchung, welcome to this topic.

嘩,一排無上BK, 呢個topic跌到差點搵唔到。

不如update 下阿仔的urine test report: 雖然lead比之前少,但仍然過reference range, mercury 都少了一點,只是arsenic卻高了,不過仍在reference 之內,Dr Trodd 開了ALA 比阿仔,同埋話重要做多幾個round DMSA 再睇下點。

2283#
發表於 07-2-10 15:52 |只看該作者

Dear all:

My son has done an urine test report. His mecury level is 5.1 which has excceeded the reference range ( 5) by 0.1. Is it considered high ? Pls advise

bdgs

2284#
發表於 07-2-12 10:29 |只看該作者

HayBMum,

I remember DAN doctors do not prescribe ALA to our kids before - I once argued with Dr. Lam on this but he insisted that ALA is good!

Justin2002

2285#
發表於 07-2-12 20:52 |只看該作者

Justin2002,
I remember that Dr Lam's approach is different from DAN.  DAN doctors believed that it is not safe to use ALA before certain round of chelation as there will be risk that the heavy metal will be brought to the brain with ALA.  But Dr Lam felt that this is not true and he believed that ALA is safe.

2286#
發表於 07-2-12 22:28 |只看該作者

Justin2002,

I've got the ETDA powder today.  Thank you.

What HayBMum said is true, according to the book "Children with Straving Brains", ALA should be given when almost all mercury removed from the body.  However, Dr. Trodd also gave my son ALA after a few rounds of chelation and I believe at that time my son's mercury level is still high.  The first month my son had ALA, I could see some improvement but later no difference.  

When I asked Dr. Usman, she did not agree to give my son ALA, same logic as DAN doctors.  
Carson's birthday in January 2000.

2287#
發表於 07-2-13 00:18 |只看該作者

Dr. Trodd doesn't care about the timing of introducing the ALA since my son has taken it before the chelation.  

Actually the standard chelation protocols will suggest ALA at the later stage during the DMSA chelation.  Dr. Usman did write on my son's supplement list that ALA will be introduced in the future.

2288#
發表於 07-2-28 17:49 |只看該作者

我終於試左睇(Dr. Lam)已安排驗尿/頭髮, 有d擔心唔知會點

2289#
發表於 07-3-3 22:21 |只看該作者

Dear All,

Do you hear about and/or do you have personal experience on use of the following treatment for autistic kids:
1. 高/低壓氧箱 therapy
2. IV Glutathione
3. Krill Oil
4. Actos tablet

Thanks,
momtc

2290#
發表於 07-3-24 00:03 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Dear All

My son starts the Bio-treatment for about half an year in Dr. Trodd Clinic. He has just prescribed Actos to my son recently. I also want to know what will be the effect act on my son! Does anyone would share their experience on this?

2291#
發表於 07-3-24 10:49 |只看該作者

Dear all,

My son also start the Bio-treatment around 2 months.  However, he refuse to have a supplement with orange juices or baby food.  Please kindly share your experience to me.  

Thank you very much!!

KarenKoo

2292#
發表於 07-3-24 20:02 |只看該作者

Dear Karen,

Just give them as medicine, don't hide, be persistent and one day your child will take them as if it is a routine.  That is how my son took his medicine.

2293#
發表於 07-3-25 23:47 |只看該作者

Dear Jasper888,

Thank you.  Actually, we haven't hided them and also told him that the orange juice will let him has good health and no need to see the doctor again.  However, he still refuse to drink it and cry. Anyway, I will try my best to let him to have all supplement everyday.

KarenKoo

2294#
發表於 07-4-29 00:32 |只看該作者

跌到無影, 推番上黎.

2295#
發表於 07-4-30 12:42 |只看該作者

Good, love to hear from all again, like the old days!  It's been a long time that we haven't made any updates on our kids' treatment, any progress?  I believe everyone is still busy in keeping all kinds of therapies or trying different ways of chelation!

Mine has shown improvement especially on speech!

Justin2002

2296#
發表於 07-5-1 00:44 |只看該作者

Yeah, good to see this topic back.  I have been browsing on and off.  Something to share is that my 5.5 year old is doing well in a mainstream P.1  We are slowly giving him less supplements.  He even started Mandarin lessons  

2297#
發表於 07-5-1 23:59 |只看該作者

Dommom & Justin2002,

Good to hear the improvement of your kids.

Although my son does not have tremendous improvement, I also giving him less supplements and also long time not visiting Dr. Trodd.  

On the other hand, I'll take him to an observation group in Nethersole Hospital next two weeks to check out whether he has ADHD problem.  If yes, I am consider giving him medicine.

chanchanboy

2298#
發表於 07-5-3 23:38 |只看該作者

Dear All,

Long time no chat here in this column.  I decided to be a full-time mom soon and we'll be going to Seattle, US for a long summer vacation.  My son has some improvement on social skills and he has a buddy girl friend now.  ADD seems to be the main problem of my son like chanchanboy's son.  Use of medications will be my last consideration if there's another alternative.  Anyway, further tests will be given during this summer.

Talking about bio-treatment, I've also reduced the no. of supplements and have started sequential homopathy a few weeks ago.  This is a natural and gentle approach which may help my son to clear the vaccinations.  

Here's the web site of Hannemann Clinic for Heilkunst

http://www.homeopathy.com/clinic/

2299#
發表於 07-5-4 06:11 |只看該作者

Hi all,
long time no see & chat la.

I am also reducing the consumption of supplements except the basic things like probiotics, vitamin/ mineral.  I have resumed the normal diet and no longer on GF.

My son's behavior is on & off.  His social skill is still my major concern over the other weaknesses.  
In order to improve his attention/ awareness in school, recently I do the preparation with him and "feed" him the information on the topic that he is about to learn at school.  According to his teacher, this makes him participating more in the lesson and becomes more proactive in answering  teacher's questions.  However, I don't know how long I can keep the momentum and spare time in doing such preparatory work with him since he will be going to P1 next year.

I will suspend the service of ABA and send him to another kind of intensive training next month.  Hoping that his passive learning style can be improved and become more proactive to learn.

Kawai, where are you going to take the test?  in US?  What kind of tests that will be?   I asked Ann Chen few weeks ago whether my son is ADD or not because I found his attention span is sometimes relatively short.  Ann said some of the symptoms appeared on autistic and ADD kids are quite alike.  But she thought that my son's problem is mainly on poor planning & coordinating rather than ADD.  To me, poor planning & coordinating is still a symptom of ADD.  I just get it hard to differentiate the two.

Anyway, it is a long road ahead!

2300#
發表於 07-5-4 22:07 |只看該作者

Dear all,

Good to hear from all of you again.  

My son is still on GFCF, but I gradually take him dining out more, but still have enzymes beforehand and NO FISH.  Do any of you see any difference after non-GF?

I have stopped ABA on 25.4.2007.  In this week (May 2007), I let my son has swimming class on Mon and Wed, fitball class on Fri.  He said he likes these new arrangement more than ABA.

For supplements, he continues taking fish oil, probiotics and vitamins ... also the stock piling up so far.  

I think most of us believe it's time to start something new to our kids.

HayBMum, what kind of intensive training your boy is going to have?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖