教育王國 討論區 嘉諾撒聖心幼稚園 收到聖心取錄通知啦!
樓主: iantsang
go

收到聖心取錄通知啦! [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

241#
發表於 11-2-17 14:07 |只看該作者
Hi Kim08,

Gez that's a little far but since SHCC is a gov't aided school, so they basically follow the standard procedure as any other govt' aided schools with the exception that in the first round of discretionary places, all the 30% seats are only open to both primary schools (SHCSPS and SHCS).  Then minus seats reserved for repeaters, 85% of the remaining seats are then kept for both schools again.

As SHCC has 6 classes, I forget this year should be 34 students per class for S1 allocation so approximately 180+ out of 200+ seats are for these two primary schools.

The advantage of the private section may just be they can have a more advance curriculum compare to other gov't aided schools.  Also, their overall student banding seems to be higher.  But certainly for those parents who are willing to pay for tuition, may be they arranged more tutoring class to achieve that.

Just use this as reference, the percentage of students entering SHCC from SHCSPS and SHCS are above 70% and above 60%, respectively.  For the case of SHCSPS, since they published their S1 allocation result, around 20% would be heading to other so-called band 1 schools.

原帖由 Kim08 於 11-2-17 13:31 發表
Thanks Ian!

May I ask how about getting into secondary school, say if one study at thte private session of the primary school, does there any advantage/disadvantage of getting into secondary school?

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-2-17 14:09 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

242#
發表於 11-2-17 14:16 |只看該作者
Hi bcbaby,

Honestly it is a bit too early to look for nanny buses from my experience two years ago.  They wouldn't really confirm anything until they finish this school year.  However, I guess you will find some people passing out name cards outside of SHCK entrance when you register.  There may be some contacts left in the SHCK forum, which you can search there.  Sorry I really don't have time to look them up.  Can do that later if you are in no rush.

There will be around 10-15% of private section seats reserved for outsiders.  Other than that, all the rest are for SHCK students.

Ian

原帖由 bcbaby 於 11-2-17 13:47 發表

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your kind info and hope you can get well soon!!

How can I get the contact info about the nanny bus?  And where will they drop down the children? (if not at indoor carpark)  It' ...

243#
發表於 11-2-17 17:13 |只看該作者
請問有無係 confirm 讀 SH 呢 ?

244#
發表於 11-2-17 17:23 |只看該作者
Thanks again Ian!
that's very useful info, very kind of you!

醒目開學勳章

245#
發表於 11-2-17 17:56 |只看該作者
we confirm.

原帖由 Siupak222 於 11-2-17 17:13 發表
請問有無係 confirm 讀 SH 呢 ?

246#
發表於 11-2-17 18:47 |只看該作者
終於生完返來啦!
一排無上bk,一上來先知原來宣道,禮賢都出咗result啦,又唔記得15/2可以上網check sh result,收到信先知......

anyway,唔洗等宣道,禮賢咁耐,真是太好啦!

247#
發表於 11-2-17 19:02 |只看該作者

回覆 4# iantsang 的文章

咁85%嘅聖心(私立部)小學學位有幾多?即係P1又要再考?知唔知聖心小學根據什麼選SHCK嘅學生?又要面試定係平時嘅學校表現?

248#
發表於 11-2-17 19:51 |只看該作者
Ian, I note from the leaflet of SH that there are many extra-curricular activities, like ballet, chess, etc. As we live in Kowloon, I would like to know if the activities are run immediately after school or on weekends only. Thanks for your information.

醒目開學勳章

249#
發表於 11-2-17 20:18 |只看該作者
Frankly, the policy for admission to P1 is totally new so I don't have a clear answer really.  As I mentioned earlier (well can't even remember on which threads....  I think I have made 200 posts in these few days), the reason for the change is because there are more students applied for the private section than before.

To answer you how many seats do 85% mean, then will need to explain to you how the class structure of SHCK and SHCSPS means.

For SHCK, there are 10 classrooms: so for the three grades, the assignment will be 3-3-4.  This explains why they will be accepting 240 students (4 classrooms x 2 x 30).

For SHCSPS, there are 20 classrooms: so assignment will be 3-3-3-3-4-4.  For two years out of every 6 years, they can use 4 classrooms.  For you guys' case, fortunately you guys will hit one of the year with 4 classrooms.  And this also explains why we have so much headaches for the current K3 students, since they are the one year with 4 classrooms of K3, but just 3 classrooms for P1.  For your information, each class of P1 should be around 36-40 max capacity.  So you can do the math.

As for this year, no interviews are required for P1 admission.  Profiles are required to be submitted however.

原帖由 aidalau 於 11-2-17 19:02 發表
咁85%嘅聖心(私立部)小學學位有幾多?即係P1又要再考?知唔知聖心小學根據什麼選SHCK嘅學生?又要面試定係平時嘅學校表現?

醒目開學勳章

250#
發表於 11-2-17 20:50 |只看該作者
All of these are held on Saturday morning.

原帖由 qyeternity 於 11-2-17 19:51 發表
Ian, I note from the leaflet of SH that there are many extra-curricular activities, like ballet, chess, etc. As we live in Kowloon, I would like to know if the activities are run immediately after sch ...

251#
發表於 11-2-17 23:03 |只看該作者

回覆 2# iantsang 的文章

IAN,很多謝你嘅資料~

252#
發表於 11-2-17 23:30 |只看該作者
我的姨娚女是今年的k3的學生, 她媽媽告訴我今年大約有180人申請am section, 已扣除男孩子及夠分抽其他津校的女孩,但am section只收110~120人左右,而且還要預留一些位給外校生,所以最終只收了交form總數的5成多!而且往年不用interview,但今年開始要交portfolio, 很多不被錄取的小女孩都很徬徨!聽說am section程度較下午校高,所以很多家長prefer am section,所以競爭亦很激烈!而且三年後收生的標準或規則如何,說不定還會有變。

聽完後我更加動搖,擔心到時am section唔收,下午津校又唔夠分,三年後再去玩p1的遊戲實在沒有把握,而且我的是細女,一條龍的st clare始終很吸引!

Ian - 你有甚麼看法?

[ 本帖最後由 小黑牛 於 11-2-17 23:39 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章

253#
發表於 11-2-18 00:14 |只看該作者
haha, thanks for saying the approximate number so I feel less guilty not being the first one to talk about "number".

Those numbers you mentioned are quite accurate.  The 110-120 you mentioned being offered consist of  108 are being offered at first (that's 36 seats per class for 3 classes) and 9 more are offered because some gave up after discretionary places.  Those offered to outsiders are on top of this normal class limit only, so it doesn't really affected the students from SHCK.

One point I wanna clarify and this is funny.  I am pretty sure the private section is not being aimed at by a great majority of parents.  In fact, I know a lot of parents who prefer the gov't aided section (pm), as they would want to stay with Sacred Heart but may not be able to handle the speedy curriculum especially in P1.  Also, some parents would prefer pm as they are working parents so they can at least "see" their kids as they go home for dinner.

I still remember not long ago there are plenty of parents worry the private section is too hard and pushy which they worry that they cannot handle.  This is also one of the reasons why some parents don't prefer SHCK, as they would automatically associate the word "pushy" with it.

Anyway, the situation now is there is a group of 50+ students who are waiting for seats for private section (some of the waiting ones already got offers from DSS or other popular gov't aided schools).  However, a part of these students are also waiting for gov't aided section which the results are not yet announced.  Not to mention some of those offered by the private section already are also waiting for being lucky thru lucky draw.  (Did I forget to mention they still allow lucky draw?)

Anyway, this is a very complicated number game which I think it is probably difficult to explain in details.  However, I am still very positive that eventually all students will be able to get what they want before September.

And if eventually it can be handle this year as I expected, then it is already the most difficult year so I wouldn't worry for the other years.

Having said that, if the 100% guarantee is indeed more important, then I wouldn't want to ask you to take the risks too.  I will also give up TL which guarantee admissions to P1 as after judging the different elements, I would accept this risk.  But this is totally personal so everyone will have different consideration.

原帖由 小黑牛 於 11-2-17 23:30 發表
我的姨娚女是今年的k3的學生, 她媽媽告訴我今年大約有180人申請am section, 已扣除男孩子及夠分抽其他津校的女孩,但am section只收110~120人左右,而且還要預留一些位給外校生,所以最終只收了交form總數的5成多!而且往年不 ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-2-18 00:18 編輯 ]

254#
發表於 11-2-18 00:33 |只看該作者
what a gd news! I want to join Ian's fan club too!

原帖由 iantsang 於 11-2-16 18:31 發表
Hi bcbaby,

Thanks for letting me know you are also my "fans", may be I need to organize a fan club soon!
感謝天父所賜一切恩惠, 我們誠心感謝您, 因主耶穌基督之名, 亞孟。

255#
發表於 11-2-18 00:46 |只看該作者

回復 6# iantsang 的帖子

Very gd news for us! Thanks Ian!...For SHCSPS, there are 20 classrooms: so assignment will be 3-3-3-3-4-4.  For two years out of every 6 years, they can use 4 classrooms.  For you guys' case, fortunately you guys will hit one of the year with 4 classrooms.  And this also explains why we have so much headaches for the current K3 students, since they are the one year with 4 classrooms of K3, but just 3 classrooms for P1.  For your information, each class of P1 should be around 36-40 max capacity.  So you can do the math.
感謝天父所賜一切恩惠, 我們誠心感謝您, 因主耶穌基督之名, 亞孟。

256#
發表於 11-2-18 10:03 |只看該作者
Joycepsk, thanks for your info!!

原帖由 joycepsk 於 11-2-17 12:35 PM 發表
我囡囡7:40係城市花園上車, 7:45-50到炮台山, 大約8:15前回到學校, 但放學時因為中環金鐘有時會塞車, 回程會耐d, 有時到站是差不多12:50-1:00.

257#
發表於 11-2-18 15:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 iantsang 於 11-2-18 00:14 發表
haha, thanks for saying the approximate number so I feel less guilty not being the first one to talk about "number".

Those numbers you mentioned are quite accurate.  The 110-120 you mentioned being o ...

Thanks for your detailed reply!btw,which section has a higher chance to get admitted by secondary school? heard that the am section has a higher rate in admittion to secondary,also,more girls in am section can get the top school offer such as dgs,spcc and spcs? and can you share which section you like the most ?

In our year, we have to pray not that many people choose am section, if not, we have to play again the competition game, right?

醒目開學勳章

258#
發表於 11-2-18 16:15 |只看該作者
I think I mentioned already (somewhere, haha) there is about a 10% diff on average concerning admission percentage to SHCC, (SHCSPS above 70% and SHCS above 60%).  Of course these percentages can vary year by year.   So just for reference only.

Honestly I dunno how many SH families actually targeted the other three popular choices you mentioned.....  I am sure there are, but really not many.  I know there is a case giving up DGS for SHCC.  At the end, there won't be a lot.  I think there was a year that many students don't wanna choose SHCC and suddenly so many head to St. Paul's Co-ed and DGS.  But it has returned to normal now.

Whether to join the P1 interviews of other schools, I think this is totally up to each family to decide on their own, whether they have an offer from SHCSPS or not.

We aimed for SHCSPS all along as if you don't study in SH's primary, the chance to be admited to SHCC is totally by luck (and very very few seats).

原帖由 小黑牛 於 11-2-18 15:34 發表

Thanks for your detailed reply!btw,which section has a higher chance to get admitted by secondary school? heard that the am section has a higher rate in admittion to secondary,also,more girls in am secti ...

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-2-18 16:17 編輯 ]

259#
發表於 11-2-18 17:17 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

260#
發表於 11-2-18 17:23 |只看該作者
I think that's a matter of choice for an individual.  The allocation of FIRST CHOICE (not top three) was over 92% for SHCSPS last year.

Also, SHCC is a gov't aided school, allocation method is different from DSS schools as you mentioned.  Again, a matter of choice.

I think the key is children are able to attend an environment which they see fit as they grow and develop.  We never intend to limit our children's choices at the age of 3, but with certain range certainly (we are not planning for international school for instance).

I hope this message can be a reminder to other parents, which I partly responsible of, for promoting the concept of one-dragon.  No need to get carry away of it is a must to stay with one school, especially when the families find not suitable to continue.

原帖由 angrybirds 於 11-2-18 17:17 發表

I thought the % was about 80% - I over estimated. Then it seems that if the focus is on one dragon to secondary, SP and GH seem to be safer.

[ 本帖最後由 iantsang 於 11-2-18 17:27 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題