密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 SIS同Victoria, 點比呀? 邊間好d呢?
樓主: Riesling
go

SIS同Victoria, 點比呀? 邊間好d呢? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-3-31 10:41 |只看該作者
我聽朋友讀esf, 其實冇人話係呢間學校勁, 佢地話係is中學費最相宜, 如此而已.

我5個親戚讀esf, 3個讀cis, cis學生唔一定勁, 不過聽埋聽埋, 你會覺得cis 對學生支援好d, 呢樣係真.  所有學校都有好有唔好學生, 都好睇自己點讀.  不過我都唔揀esf, 起碼我呢頭個幾間中文都唔掂, 所以唔考慮.

22#
發表於 09-3-31 12:12 |只看該作者
原帖由 Cara2006 於 09-3-30 16:46 發表
RC & DC 都係 ESF 集團經營的學校。
ESF 有一系列的學校,學生眾多,老師眾多。我覺得問題,根本唔係話舊 ESF 校,定係新 PIS 的問題。根本整體 ESF 學校都係集團式咁經營,我睇唔到學校有幾好。個個都吹噓 ESF 學生成績好,但係 ...

I read your message and some other's with real amazement.
You people are probably the only ones (one?) that is that persistent.

In any case, please note that the topic is about SIS (should be Singapore International School, right?) vs Victoria, so please stick to this.

Do not drag RC or ESF into this thread.

If you people are so keen, start your own thread of discussion by creating a new topic.

Have a good day.

23#
發表於 09-4-1 15:18 |只看該作者
Hi,

Sorry, I mean Singapore International School.

24#
發表於 09-5-23 22:30 |只看該作者
原帖由 Riesling 於 09-4-1 15:18 發表
Hi,

Sorry, I mean Singapore International School.

My daughter now is in Singapore Int'l School. I regretted it and I would run with my tail if I can find another IS now.

25#
發表於 09-5-24 00:22 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

26#
發表於 09-5-24 00:48 |只看該作者
原帖由 thankful 於 09-5-24 00:22 發表
You said in another thread that "your daughter feels very stressful as she could not cope with the school progress. She feels inferior as she hardly meets teachers' expectation..."  When did she join  ...

Sorry for the confusion. I did not mean SIS has disciplinary problem. I wanted to ask about the AISHK school discipline. My daughter has been with SIS for almost 7 years.

27#
發表於 09-5-24 15:18 |只看該作者

28#
發表於 09-5-24 16:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 thankful 於 09-5-24 15:18 發表
I know how you feel and I only wish I could be of help.  Don't worry too much about school discipline issue because I believe every school has its fair share of good students and naughty ones.  What's ...

THANK YOU for your encouragement! It brightened my day! I screen through the IS list but really not many good schools have vacancy. Anyway, will keep trying and surprise will sure come one day! THANKS

29#
發表於 09-5-25 01:38 |只看該作者

30#
發表於 09-5-26 10:36 |只看該作者
原帖由 thankful 於 09-5-25 01:38 發表
CHENJY,

Don't merely screen through the list.  Take out the list and identify all those schools that adopt an approach different from SIS (eg. ESF, Canadian International School, GSIS, HKIS ... etc.) ...

Thanks thankful for being "longwinded". You never know how useful your advices to me these days. Frankly, ESF is out because we can't even go into their waiting list. Other schools mentioned are currently full. Just called up American Int'l yesterday, they have vacancy. I have never thought of this school because being an Asian, we know very little about the American education system. Can you or any one share with me your experience? My girl is slightly below average (according to her current school standard) and she is a bit timid. I want to look for a school that is academically less challenging so as to allow her to regain her confidence.

31#
發表於 09-5-26 11:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 CHENJY 於 09-5-26 10:36 發表

Thanks thankful for being "longwinded". You never know how useful your advices to me these days. Frankly, ESF is out because we can't even go into their waiting list. Other schools mentioned are cur ...

Suggest you go to the school and take a look at their students, conduct, curriculum...  Don't rush into joining a college without knowing the details.

Personally I think better to try GSIS, HKIS, CIS, CNIS.

[ 本帖最後由 WYmom 於 09-5-26 11:37 編輯 ]

32#
發表於 09-5-26 12:11 |只看該作者
原帖由 WYmom 於 09-5-26 11:35 發表

Suggest you go to the school and take a look at their students, conduct, curriculum...  Don't rush into joining a college without knowing the details.

Personally I think better to try GSIS, HKIS, C ...

I believe that GSIS, HKIS, CIS and CDNIS are even more difficult to 插班unless you may have relationship. For GSIS, CDNIS and CIS their academic level is not low, though may be less challenging than SIS.

In fact, Victoria Academy is not a bad choice, though people said that it is still new and has no track record. But the principle underlying the school is good, they got Eng, Mandarin and Cantonese. I heard the syllabus is not as harsh as SIS and is 活动教学.

33#
發表於 09-5-26 14:26 |只看該作者

34#
發表於 09-5-26 14:40 |只看該作者
Suggest not to choose Victoria, try to take by bus in the morning, the students of Victoria leap out from the bus and yelling foul language.

好多讀唔成書但父母有錢都選擇呢間學校。

Regarding American Intl always have vacancies. As I remembered I have applied this school 2 years before and we could easily to get a seat. But we finally rejected due to we heard some bad comments of this school. They called us many times for asking the reason to give up. I think it's impossible to happen from others.

原帖由 OKPLEASE 於 09-5-26 12:11 發表

I believe that GSIS, HKIS, CIS and CDNIS are even more difficult to 插班unless you may have relationship. For GSIS, CDNIS and CIS their academic level is not low, though may be less challenging than ...

35#
發表於 09-5-26 14:49 |只看該作者
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-5-26 14:26 發表
What do you mean by "though may be less challenging than SIS"?

Do you think that the academic level of GSIS, HKIS and CIS is less than SIS?

**I believe that GSIS, HKIS, CIS and CDNIS are even more d ...

think the academic level is very very similar among GSIS, CDNIS and SIS ( I cannot comment on HKIS as I have no research on this school) but more challenging for SIS (for both kid and parents) is in the sense the teachers are more serious and the workload of homework is more.

Regarding the "relationship" stuff, I am not talking about Siblings. Even SIS does not look at siblings. I am talking about other special "relationship" with the school (know the top management, has made donations, hold corporate debentures etc.)because the no of vacancies is so little due to 插班, and of course I always agree that the ability is of utmost importance for any application of schools.

36#
發表於 09-5-26 15:07 |只看該作者

37#
發表於 09-5-26 16:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 wisekid2007 於 09-5-26 15:07 發表
**think the academic level is very very similar among GSIS, CDNIS and SIS ( I cannot comment on HKIS as I have no research on this school) **

Based on what ground do you think that they are very very ...

Of course, my understanding is based on the comments from other moms in other topics related comparing these ISs. If you kid is studying in GSIS, your information related to GSIS should be more correct.

Chenjy mom, have you tried GSIS as I quite agree that GSIS kids could study more happily there and also I know GSIS likes the kids from SIS.

Have you also heard about the IS called "Kellett School" in Pokfulam? It follows English curriculum.  Most kids' parents there are UK expatriates.

38#
發表於 09-5-26 16:29 |只看該作者

39#
發表於 09-5-26 21:46 |只看該作者
GSIS does accept students simply because they have very well done in the assessment (that's what they say!). It's not always true that GSIS likes students from particular schools. It can't be true. As it's been said, it's always the students' performance that only counts for admission. Very straightforward. But if you turn it around, it clearly shows that they're open to everyone. They don't care about where you live, or what kind of line the parents are in and so on. I've heard many cases of children who have failed both at sibling status and with corporate debenture.

Kellett doesn't have secondary section as most of the kids there go on to ESF at year 7.

CHENJY, sorry to hear about your daughter. Sounds like she's been a bit downhearted for herself... Have you ever talked with her about changing the schools? What does your daughter actually say about it? If she's still early years in a secondary school, you may want to take a chance to see the schools with unfamiliar curicculum. The bottomline is that she should be happy to learn at school. Although you have said that ESF has a long waiting list, I still think it's worth trying for application. Honestly, the standing in the list keeps changing there, you'd better call in from time to time. For other schools as well. Take her to the tour in some schools and see how she's interested. Nail down some of them to apply in the first place. You may never see the real situation of admission until you actually apply for it. As she may have ideas of what she likes or not in the subjects so far, you could consider American/Canadian curriculum if she looks interested in learning something new. Get her involved in the thorough research of possible schools. Don't take it on so much as there's always a brand new start and it's never too late. Hopefully this process will be something that gives you and your daughter different views and ideas towards her education.

40#
發表於 09-5-26 23:23 |只看該作者
‹ 上一主題|下一主題