用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 Any good Playgroup in Tseung Kwan O ?
樓主: ansonbb
go

Any good Playgroup in Tseung Kwan O ? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-6-27 22:42 |只看該作者

Re: Any good Playgroup in Tseung Kwan O ?

Hi Prince Aaron,
You can refer to my message posted under this topic last week. I wrote quite details as I really quite satisfied with their creative teaching method & how much my girl learnt so far. Class size is around 5 to 8. Actually, I haven't been to its Sun Po Shing branch. But my girl attends their playgroup in their Marina Cove & Sai Kung town centre branches. School size is ok in these 2 branches & both are also very tidy. I think it cost around $150-200 per 90-minute class, depending how many days a week u join.
They have story time, singing time, dancing time &  painting time. The teacher draws pictures to tell story & play many interactive games with them. They have native English speaking teacher & Chinese one. Personally, I think the Chinese teacher is more creative & very experience in teaching the toddlers. I must stop now as someone may also make some not so nice comments to my recommendation.
You may call them for a tiral class. I think it welcome trial class.     

22#
發表於 05-7-2 11:26 |只看該作者

There was no class yesterday as it's a public holiday. But when my daughter woke up, she asked "school, auntie  ... go" I think it's a sign she missed the class & she really enjoyed attending the class in Smart Learning, though she attends it 4 times a week already. she seems not bored & loved it so much.
What I want to say here is that, you can tell if the teachers & the class are good for your kids from the reactions they have. My girl remembers the games she learnt from the class & tried to play it at home.  

23#
發表於 05-7-14 16:05 |只看該作者

jychan

Do you know any class suitable for 8 months bb? How much per class?
Any activity of class below 1 year old?
Is the "Sun Po Shing" branch good or not?

Thanks.
**************************************** 芍妤bb 10/11/2004 在聖保祿醫院出世,體重 2.6Kg。 ****************************************

24#
發表於 05-7-15 09:48 |只看該作者

My daughter is 18 months now.  She had been attending the Sun Po Shing branch for 2 and a half months.  For the first 2 months, the teacher was a foreigner.  Later she has left and now the teacher is Chinese.  Her class currently has 6 kids, age from 18 months to 2 years old.  I may say my daughter enjoys the class very much.

The Fee: 1,280 per month, 8 classes a month, 1 and a half hour per class

For 8 months bb, I'm not sure they have class or not, you may call and check (pls refer to my previous message for the phone number).

I was told that Kid's Playhouse is good, and it's cheaper than Smart Learning.  But the admission age is 20months.  I think I will let my daughter try it 2 months later and might switch to it if it's better than Smart Learning.  

25#
發表於 05-7-15 10:07 |只看該作者

I may say in Tseung Kwan O area, we don't have much choices.  I tried 綠茵 before, and some of my friends tried 新都城 playgrounds, they are not so ideal.  So far I just heard that Kid's Playhouse is quite good; and Smart Learning is also worth to attend from my personal experience.

If don't mind travelling, the following playgroups are also good choices:
- Gymboree (HK Island) = more stress on body movement
- Helen Doron (Kwun Tong, Kowloon Tong, Causeway Bay, Hung Hom) = more stress on learning English and traninng good behavior
- 基督教服務處 (Kwun Tong, TST) = more stress on 自理能力, my friend told me it's good

26#
發表於 05-7-15 22:40 |只看該作者

As far as i know, Smart Learning only accept kids of 10 months or above but you may check with it directly. Please refer to previous message for tel no.

Personally, I don't recommend babies to join playgroup before 1 year old.  They are really too small to react to such intensive stimulation. If you really want to your baby to join, you may try some kindermusik courses.

27#
發表於 05-7-16 11:33 |只看該作者

Dear all

Thank you for your advice.
**************************************** 芍妤bb 10/11/2004 在聖保祿醫院出世,體重 2.6Kg。 ****************************************

28#
發表於 05-7-16 14:44 |只看該作者

Just know Smart Learning will have NO class on Saturday in Hang Hau.  I want to have Saturday class !!!

29#
發表於 05-7-17 00:15 |只看該作者

I know Smart Learning has Saturday classes in its Marina Cove branch & Sai Kung town branch. Maybe it's still new in Hang Hau & thus doesn't have enough students to start a Sat class.
When its Sai Kung Town branch opened, it don't offer Sat class as well. But now, after a few months, it has so man students & it just start the SAt class.
Let me reflect your need of Sat class to its owner when i visit the centre next time.   
As far as I know, some of my kid's classmates in Marina Cove live in TKO or Diamond Hill & go to Sai Kung for the class on Sat.

30#
發表於 05-7-17 16:23 |只看該作者

I need to go to worship on Sunday so I prefer to go with my son on Saturday.

Actually, I just wonder why they set a centre on La Cite Noble but there is no class on the popular Saturday.  For my personal opinion, it seems wasteful for the rent of this centre.

Anyway, I want to have a look of it asap as my son has no class for a month already.  (What a pushy MUM!!!!  Hahaha........)

31#
發表於 05-7-23 23:13 |只看該作者

NatMom,

Can you tell me where "Helen Doron (Kwun Tong)" is ?
Do you have their contact numbers?
Thanks.

NatMom 寫道:
I may say in Tseung Kwan O area, we don't have much choices.  I tried 綠茵 before, and some of my friends tried 新都城 playgrounds, they are not so ideal.  So far I just heard that Kid's Playhouse is quite good; and Smart Learning is also worth to attend from my personal experience.

If don't mind travelling, the following playgroups are also good choices:
- Gymboree (HK Island) = more stress on body movement
- Helen Doron (Kwun Tong, Kowloon Tong, Causeway Bay, Hung Hom) = more stress on learning English and traninng good behavior
- 基督教服務處 (Kwun Tong, TST) = more stress on 自理能力, my friend told me it's good

32#
發表於 05-7-24 10:40 |只看該作者

請問邊度有kindermusik courses,同playgroup有什麼不同?

33#
發表於 05-7-25 00:05 |只看該作者

kindermusik is one of the kind of playgroup, which is a stream of playgroup developed with th stress on music as a stimulation to kids starting from a few months old. it's syllabus is faxed & bound by its organisation. You may find more details by viewing www.kindermusik.com
Playgroup generally refer to those classes which aims to provide learning through play opportunities for kids, esp toddlers. Wheather a playgroup is good or not is very dependant to the teacher, the environment & esp. the interaction between the kids with the teacher.

34#
發表於 05-8-3 07:47 |只看該作者

Lizzy,

Helen Doron Kwun Tong is actually located at 麗港城.
Tel: 23486382

35#
發表於 05-8-5 01:12 |只看該作者

dong dong & sky040223,
pls refer to my pm to u for tel of Smart Learning. As said, I think u can ask for a trial lesson for your kids first to see if suitable for them.

36#
發表於 05-8-22 16:26 |只看該作者

可否給予多D有關老師的詳情, 因仔仔已5歲,亦有參加PLAYGROUP, 但太不轉心了,所以到依家都唔多識聽同講,好快就要上小一,真係好擔心呢 !
呀, 您囡囡幾多歲呀 ?
阿媽

37#
發表於 05-8-22 17:03 |只看該作者

Re: Smart Learning Centre

I have taken my boy to smart learning some time ago - I think the programme is jolly good.  Bet my son can gain more if he can understand English...

38#
發表於 05-8-23 01:35 |只看該作者

Re: Smart Learning Centre

S.S.
Are u asking me? if so, my daughter is just 2 year olds. She joined Smart Learning's playgroup since she's around 16 months.
I think she learnt a lot of English & started to make friends with her playmates in Smart Learning. Of course, I am not just depending on Smart Learning Ctr to teach her English. At home, I ask my maid to play her some VCDs like Barney's & nursery rhymes' CD for her. She now can sing a lot of rhymes & songs in Barney's programmes and even start follow the roles in the programmes to say the scripts (she can memorise almost every words said in some of her favourite programmes)   Kids can really learn very fast & in a pace that you can't imagine. that's why I want to choose the best & appropriate stuff for my kid to learn.

39#
發表於 05-8-27 22:31 |只看該作者

NatMom,

Thank you.

NatMom 寫道:
Lizzy,

Helen Doron Kwun Tong is actually located at 麗港城.
Tel: 23486382

醒目開學勳章

40#
發表於 05-9-3 12:34 |只看該作者

我想知道kid's playhouse同埋Smart Learning Centre
既電話呀
可以pm比我嗎
thx
‹ 上一主題|下一主題