用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Comments: ESF Kinder Tsing Yi or KBCK?
樓主: minggrace
go

Comments: ESF Kinder Tsing Yi or KBCK? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-6-14 13:04 |只看該作者

Re: Comments: ESF Kinder Tsing Yi or KBCK?

Hi salami

I'll need to be an examiner this afternoon till 6pm. Please call me after six. Talk to you on the phone.

Minggrace

22#
發表於 05-6-15 22:16 |只看該作者

Minggrace: We have decision now      Please check PM.
salami

23#
發表於 05-6-16 11:49 |只看該作者

salami,

Why don't you tell us your decision too?
I think other mammy also want to know!!

24#
發表於 05-6-16 12:44 |只看該作者

Shown媽媽: I am afraid I'll change my mind therefore I didnt' post here.    
I guess not this time, very serious

We vote for KBCK still.  You may aware what i've concerned about the eng level of the peers group in ESF TY.  I cannot convince myself while my boy is fluent in eng and speaks no cantonese. I have put lots of effort on his language development.

My neighbour's son who started KBCK in april. We went to his sister's birthday party last night. I had a long chat with his mom and found him had a great changes in oral just 2 months' time.  He speaks eng and a little bit french at home in fact. He spoke less than my boy though he's  9 months older than my child at the very beginning.  His overall attitude/behaviour is obviously improved.  His mom is happy for that too.  I am impressed and ensure KBCK does have such environment to polish their english ability.   Also, it's near where we live.

Regarding the % of ESF TY student to ESF primaries, I guess most of them went to the private one rather than ESF foundation schools.  Again the private one is not on my list.  Perhaps there is the priority for ESF interview, I worry his ability is not good enough for non-ESF primiaries interview eventually.

Practically, not everyone has the same concern and need.  We found the best to fit in.

salami

25#
發表於 05-6-16 13:47 |只看該作者

Dear Salami,

Just got some figures that the percentage of ESF TY student went to "real" ESF primaries (not Yat Sun) last year is very high.  I now have more tendency to go for ESF TY.

26#
發表於 05-6-16 14:22 |只看該作者

salami,

Happy to hear that your pick a "right" school. See you on 29/6.

27#
發表於 05-6-16 15:53 |只看該作者

Hi Salami & shown媽媽,

Glad to hear lots of useful info. from all of you. My little girl are also get a place from both KBCK & ESF Tsing Yi.

I will first let my girl start in KBKC in coming Sept 2005 to let her familiar kindergarten life and become more independent . But my final choice is ESF, In Jan 2006,  she will take the class in  ESF Tsing Yi.

Do you think it's good to do so ? I am much appreciate if you can give me some comments.  Thanks .

28#
發表於 05-6-16 17:12 |只看該作者

tyli: If you are willing to pay for the deposit at ESF TY, you might have another 5 months(till to end of Nov) to see how it goes, right?  You can observe her school life in KBCK as well as looking for other primaries opportunities before your withdrawal.

Shown MAMA: thank you for your sharing too.

See you all on 29th.   
salami

29#
發表於 05-6-16 17:29 |只看該作者

hi there,
i've posted a separate new topic, but as my interest is similar to yours, i've decided to join in here (i couldn't figure out how to respond to the message first, but now i've figure out!)

my daughter is also accepted to ESF TY (sep/am) and i've more or less decided to enroll her there. however, i want to know more about the kinder, especially about the teachers before i decline other available options. i was quite impressed with the facility of the ESF TY, and i like the fact that they teach Putonhua as well (though not enough to make pupils fluent in the langugage... i'll enroll her in private tutor for supplementary putonghua) only one thing--but important one-- that i don't have much first hand information is about their teachers. are they caring/loving and good at teaching children what's wrong or right etc?  i remember some of you mentioned you have friends whose children study at the ESF TY. what are their comments about the teachers there? while i see many good comments about teachers at, say, KBCK, most of the comments on ESF TY seem to focus on their admission to ESF primaries..

looking forward to you ladies' sharing.
thanks!
Ray
salami 寫道:
tyli: If you are willing to pay for the deposit at ESF TY, you might have another 5 months(till to end of Nov) to see how it goes, right?  You can observe her school life in KBCK as well as looking for other primaries opportunities before your withdrawal.

Shown MAMA: thank you for your sharing too.

See you all on 29th.   

30#
發表於 05-6-16 17:36 |只看該作者

tyli,

Hope you won't get mad with me! I feel you're a bit selfish.

1) Other qualify kid will lose their chance to study in KBCK on Sept. If you quit on Dec, at least they have to wait until April 06. KBCK tuition fee is cheaper than other IS because it's support by the church donation. You're wasting people's kindness.

2) Your girl just adapt KBCK's life in 3.5 months and make some friends. Then, she have to adapt another new environment, new life style, new friends in ESF once again. Do you feel ruthless? You sure your girl like ESF more than KBCK??

If your final choice is ESF, you better start there on Jan 06. To let your girl have practice of school life, playgroup also work.

Talk too much! Sorry about that !!

31#
發表於 05-6-16 23:59 |只看該作者

Rikachandoll: You may contact parents from below topic.  Some of them with kids in ESF TY.  They might know better on teacher performance.
They are happy to share and usually pm you for feedback.

Simply Click:
esf 家長

salami

32#
發表於 05-6-17 00:57 |只看該作者

Hello shown mama,

Please don't blame on me, I know all the moms here are very loving & caring parents, right !

I accept your point of view, maybe I need to adjust
and observe in different view before any action.

Salami, Thanks for your comment too.

33#
發表於 05-6-17 09:45 |只看該作者

hi salami,
thanks for your advice. i'll  place a message in the topic you have suggested.
Regards,
Ray

34#
發表於 05-6-17 12:04 |只看該作者

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-13 14:56 編輯 ]

35#
發表於 05-6-17 12:16 |只看該作者

hi Rikachandoll,

please check your pm.

36#
發表於 05-6-17 12:26 |只看該作者

Hi Chery Mom,

Thanks so much for the sharing. I've been really indecisive about choosing a kinder, and thus the first hand information about the ESF TY helps me make an informed decision!

It's good to hear that the teachres there are nice and caring. Do you feel that your child received enough attention from the teachers? I was told that each class has 21 pupils and 3 adults (1 teacher & 2 assistants). 7:1 is really good pupil/adult ratio compared to other kinders. Was this ratio reflected in the quality of teaching/attention from teachers to individual kid?  The school that my daughter is attending a play group at the moment has 50 children in a class, though there are also 5 adults (3 teachers & 2 assistants). Other than that, I actually like this school very much (it's a church-run kinder, so it's homely/warm, and the background of pupils is very diversed as well), that's why it's not easy for me to decide.

I also called the ESF TY this morning and learnt that they don't have any concert or similar activities for children. Is it true? Even if they don't have that kind of activities, did you feel that the children have a chance to develop a concept of team work or pride to show their product of efforts/practice etc?

Also, what's the parents' involvement in the school? Are there some open days when parents can come and join the class? Any outing?

Sorry for asking many questions, but I'm excited to hear opinions from a mother who has sent her child to the ESF TY!

Thanks!

Ray

37#
發表於 05-6-17 12:38 |只看該作者

Hi all,

For me, my final decision is to pay the deposit HK$8500 first. According to the contract with ESF Tsing Yi (no refund for HK$4250 as the deposit), I suppose I still have half (HK$4250) refund from ESF Tsing Yi in case I decide to let my kid stay at KCBK after December. I'm "headache" about making a wise decision at this stage as the orientation is to be held on June 29 for KBCK. Frankly speaking, I don't know much about KBCK at this moment and just heard many positive comments from Baby Kingdom. I'm sure I'll learn more on June 29.

Minggrace

38#
發表於 05-6-17 14:28 |只看該作者

39#
發表於 05-6-17 14:52 |只看該作者

hi chery mom,
thanks again for sharing.
in principle, i like the "learning through play" concept, as i want my daughter to have happy childhood, and be able to think creatively.
for teaching ABCs etc., i think we can teach at home. in fact, she knows most of the alphabets already, though she surely doesn't know yet that words are made up by these alphabets!
however, i do expect her to learn an oral skill and be able to express herself nicely& clearly. as English is only common language in our family, her first language is english (though we're working on her 2nd & 3rd languages too), thus we do expect her oral english to be a quality one. what's your observation about the ESF TY pupil's oral skill?
do you overall feel satisfied with the ESF TY and their philosophy? what types of development/changes have you observed the most from your child after you enrolled her/him at the ESF TY?

thanks million for your comments!

Ray

40#
發表於 05-6-17 15:40 |只看該作者

‹ 上一主題|下一主題