教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC Parents. Let's share.
樓主: H_A
go

RC Parents. Let's share. [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-8-27 00:25 |只看該作者

Re: RC Parents. Let's share.

Annie
My child studies Y4, I don't know how many of them are come from Phoenix.  But the Pheonix children look very happy when they go with the Phoenix teacher.

22#
發表於 06-8-27 10:37 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

23#
發表於 06-8-27 11:41 |只看該作者

No.  PIS's former Principal was Mr Cheung Siu Ming.  He is now the Prin. of Creative Sec. School in TKO.  Ms Karen Powell, currently the Head of Sec. in RC, worked as Acting Prin. after Mr Cheung left in early 2006.

Mr Kenny also arrived in early 2006.  But he began his work mainly on setting up RC.  He was the Regional Project Manager of IBO in S'pore before coming to HK.  So, he should be very experienced in working on IB curriculum.  This is all that I know.  Pls read "message from the Principal" in RC's website for more.

24#
發表於 06-8-27 11:50 |只看該作者

If I trace back the no. of classes in PIS, RC has admitted about 1 class (Y3-4) & 2 classes (Y5-6) extra in each of the year.

H_A 寫道:
We like the KCR exit, too.  I hope that she can go to school herself next year, because of the convenient exit.

Y3 - 3 classes (22 - 23 students)
Y4 - 3 classes (23 - 24 students)
Y5 - 4 classes (23 - 24 students)
Y6 - 3 classes (27 students)
I have ordered the lunch for whole month, because I do not have time to prepare.
We like the grouping area for each Grade. Hope she can meet more friends there.
If I can study like them, maybe I will like to go to school, too.     [/quote]

25#
發表於 06-8-27 12:14 |只看該作者

Hi,

I am also very interested in RC and would like to apply for my kid.  However, I would like to know how long would be the travel time for the school bus or the time for getting on school bus for those living in Kwun Tong or Lam Tin area. Thanks alot.

26#
發表於 06-8-27 17:29 |只看該作者

One of my kid classmate live in Kwun Tong she use school bus and said that around 45 mins.  You can check with school bus service as different pick up point different time.
該用戶已被刪除

27#
發表於 06-8-27 18:45 |只看該作者

28#
發表於 06-8-28 22:05 |只看該作者

Hi,
Today is the first school day, I picked up my son at 3:00pm and it is a little bit messy for pick up especially for those catch school bus.  Until I left the school at almost 3:30pm, those students who take the school bus still line up on the playground.  I understand there must be some chaos for the first week of the new school.  I think the management need to improve the arrangement of school bus.

The other thing is about the wash room.  My son told me that the toilet are adult size, the water tap is too high to reach and there are no amah in the wash room.  How can they wash hand and if no kids toilet, how can they 'poo poo'?  Did anyone know if this is the case?

HI SATURN,
My son is in P1, it seems that there is only one teacher in the class, no assistant for the class.  I just wonder in the Pheonix era, if there are any education assistant (EA) in each class?  As far as I know the ESF school has EA in each class, why not in RC?

29#
發表於 06-8-28 23:45 |只看該作者

MarcusMa,

Hi,My maid told me same problem when pick up my daughter today.

Really no EA, before Pheonix have ERA, why this year no?  For my daugther is P.2, I not yet ask her with or without EA.  But, I expect P.1 with assistant is better.  My daugther told me last year the EA will not assist to teaching.  Just assist for the classroom秩序 and something for translate only.

I think you can write a e-mail to the adm. office ask the question.

醒目開學勳章

30#
發表於 06-8-29 00:09 |只看該作者

31#
發表於 06-8-29 09:13 |只看該作者

Kareese, I just found out that your kid has been admitted to RC.  Great!

My helper also told me the school finished at 3:30pm yesterday.

I went RC with my kid yesterday morning & talked to some moms.  We all query why there seems no EA in the class though the class size now is a little smaller than b4.  In PIS, the EA comes during the am session.  I do think that at least Y1-2 should have EA in the class.  Some moms told me the EA do help guiding the classwork.

Also about the lunch.  I was told that parents cannot bring lunch to the kids & even the kid brings the lunch with him/her to school is also forbidden.  Then, that means there is no option for us?  I'm gonna call the school later to clarify it.

32#
發表於 06-8-29 10:12 |只看該作者

Hi Saturn and Mableku,
Thanks for all your response.
I do think a EA for at least the lower class like Y1 and Y2 is necessary.  I will speak to the management if I have a chance.
About the lunch, as I know the school accept kids brings the lunch with him but  cannot send the lunch to the kid at lunch hour.  However, some moms are complaining no place for the kids to take their own lunch.  Yesterday, the kids who bring lunch can only sit on the cover playground floor to finish it.   I saw some moms gathered and talked to Mr. Muller this morning, saying that even the kids cannot go in the canteen for their own lunch, at least school need to offer table and chairs for the kids.  Seems Mr. Muller has agreed to arrange this.

Kareese,
Regarding the toilet, thanks for your reply.
If there are kids toilet in the Y1 & Y2 floor, that is fine.
My son can go to the toilet by himself, but if the water tap is too high and too hard to press, how can they wash their hands.  Anyway, I will ask the teacher about this.
By the way, your kid is in which class?

M&MMother,
My son is in 1GD, which class is your kid in?

33#
發表於 06-8-29 10:29 |只看該作者

Hi MarcusMa,

Thanks for your info.  I just called Ms Chima, the receptionist.  The answer is same as yours.  I asked her why the school finished late yesterday.  She said since it's the start of the school, the students spent longer time to line up.  It sounds acceptable to me.

BTW, Ms De Melo (1GD) is great!  She was also the P1 teacher in PIS.  You can't imagine how much energy she has, in terms of her size.  

34#
發表於 06-8-29 14:47 |只看該作者

All mom,

1. Ms. De Melo is very good teacher last year my daugther teaching by her.  Very nice and good.

2. RC is a new school and may be not quite enough time to prepare.  So, I expect so many thing need to improve is very normal.  However, I think we can call them or write a e-mail to the RC school if feel any problem.  As sometimes, may be the teacher is too busy at the moment to take care so many thing.   So, I think the parent can remind them by e-mail let them to imrpove.

3. Yesterday night, I also write a e-mail to them about the classroom temperature and my daughter say is very cold.

Hope all the thing, they can improve shortly.   

35#
發表於 06-8-29 14:58 |只看該作者

Dear MarcusMa

My son(Ernest) also study in 1GD.  He told me several things about 1 day at school.
a) There is not mandarin class yesterday.  I wonder where is Ms Kwok (Mandarin teacher).  
b) when he went to toilet, had 1 teacher (outside the class room) show him where is toilet and ask him whether need help or not.
C) He waited more than 15mins outside the playground for school bus.  He felt very hot.
d) He had lunch in Canteen, but the food is different compare with menu.

I am bit worries whether the school bus arrangment will improve or not. I also agree that school should arrange EA to assist Y1 & Y2 students.

36#
發表於 06-8-29 15:45 |只看該作者

You really need to brush up on your English.

All mom,

1. Ms. De Melo was a very good teacher last year.  My daugther was taught by her. She is very nice.

2. RC is a new school and it takes time for improvement.   Things need to be improved are trivial matters.  However, I think we can call them or write an e-mail telling RC what we expect. The teacher may be very busy at the moment and they may not be able to handle so many things.  I think we can let them know how and where to improve by sending them emails.

3. Last night, I also wrote an email telling them about the classroom temperature and my daughter said that the temperature was too low.

Hope they can improve shortly.
mabelku 寫道:
All mom,

1. Ms. De Melo is very good teacher last year my daugther teaching by her.  Very nice and good.

2. RC is a new school and may be not quite enough time to prepare.  So, I expect so many thing need to improve is very normal.  However, I think we can call them or write a e-mail to the RC school if feel any problem.  As sometimes, may be the teacher is too busy at the moment to take care so many thing.   So, I think the parent can remind them by e-mail let them to imrpove.

3. Yesterday night, I also write a e-mail to them about the classroom temperature and my daughter say is very cold.

37#
發表於 06-8-29 17:45 |只看該作者

Hey writeme,

This is a forum, not a place for writing poem.  BS!

Saturn.

writeme 寫道:
You really need to brush up on your English.

All mom,

1. Ms. De Melo is very a good teacher last year.  My daugther was taught by her. She is very nice.

2. RC is a new school and it takes time for improvement.   Things need to be improved are trivial matters.  However, I think we can call them or write an e-mail telling RC what we expect. The teacher may be very busy at the moment and they may not be able to handle so many things.  I think we can let them know how and where to improve by sending them emails.

3. Last night, I also wrote an email telling them about the classroom temperature and my daughter said that the temperature was too low.

Hope they can improve shortly.
mabelku 寫道:
All mom,

[/quote]

38#
發表於 06-8-29 17:48 |只看該作者

Dear RC Parents,

Mr Kenny just sent us an email titled "Letter to all parents", pls take a look.

Saturn.

39#
發表於 06-8-29 20:33 |只看該作者

Clap for your reply for writeme.   
We just want to share our feeling, not to learn english here.

You are so nice that I really really want to meet you, hope we can know each other later.

Although no homework in these two days, I feel quite busy, my girl has to go to bed at 9 o'clock, and wake up at 6:40am.  So I missed some news.

What is the time that your children travel to school by school bus? My girl travel 1 and half hour to school and more than 2 hours to go home. I think that it is quite terrible to travel more than 2 hours to go home every day. I will phone Kwun Chung to talk about this.

Besides the terrible travelling time, my girl feels happy in the school, she told me that the lunch tastes good, though it is quite expensive.

40#
發表於 06-8-29 20:42 |只看該作者

Annie
My girl was studied in a english primary school before.  The teaching languages are english and mandarin.  But I really don't know that she meet the standard or not.

I think I will know later, because RC has a language bath for those student not meet the standard.  But my girl told me that she want to attend the language bath, because she want to learn more.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖