到時,可能你揀的那一類學校,都係話唔好。

講番話學中文,我都同意作為中國人,點都要識 d 中文,
但係學到乜野程度先為之夠,真係個個唔同諗法。
我爺爺係文人,我個太太公係進士,
我記得細個時爺爺好好心機教我唐詩,
佢話佢自己好細個就會作詩,
如果以我爺爺的 "要求",我估香港冇一間學校的中文水平合格。
語文方面,我自己就希望重點放在英文。

如果讀到中學先轉國際學校,即使係讀開名校 ( 香港的本地小學,好少係全英語教學的,即使係名校,都唔係間間係全英語授課 ) ,英語水平始終唔夠應付國際學校的全英語教學。除了英語水平,學生能唔能夠適應學習模式都係一個問題。

最後,都要睇人地有冇位,要入國際學校,都係 p1 最易入,如果 p1 唔入,中間想插班,要等人地有人退學先有位騰出;到有位,你又未必考到;因此唔好咁老定,以為小學唔入,可以中學入,人地唔係話時時有位等你入。

孩子係你的,我覺得你有權選擇你認為係好的學校,
至於孩子將來係龍係鳳,就要睇佢自己能力,努力,同造化。

22#
發表於 07-4-10 16:49 |只看該作者

Re: 再有人打擊我為女兒選讀國際學校的決定

barnie,

thank you for your sharing. my son is accepted by CAIS in K3 this sept. hope he will enjoy learning in this school and have heppy school life.

旻旻&思思,

who tell you CAIS is no good?
該用戶已被刪除

23#
發表於 07-4-10 18:33 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

24#
發表於 07-4-10 18:35 |只看該作者

我唔係 cais 家長,不過我覺得 cais 唔錯,可以放心。
我覺得有好多人根本係國際學校,就話學生 discipline 唔好,冇實例,冇根據,總之國際學校就係差。

事實係,好多人根本對國際學校有敵意,
原因係乜,唔駛講得咁白。

其實我地唔駛人地話我地的孩子乖唔乖,
大家有眼睇,我之前都講過,
根本出面好多好曳的孩子都唔係國際學校學生,
搭多 d mtr,大家都會見到。

不過,如果係你同丈夫有分歧,
的確要認真再考慮,
都唔係淨係學費問題,
如果佢真係好反對,你又堅持,對大家感情都有影響,
或者你諗下,可以點樣改變佢對國際學校的睇法啦。

25#
發表於 07-4-10 19:27 |只看該作者

I do not agree that IS students are rude or have no discipline.  This accusation is too general and there is no solid proof or grounds.
On the other hand, I notice that many local school students are behaving poorly. Do not take my words. Like Nintendo said, go and take the MTR and see for yourself. Many local school primary school kids are just spoilt brats. They push people and fight for seats. The moms? They obviously think their kids are smart. And you call that polite? Over my dead body.
IS is just another breed of sour grapes in Hong Kong.
I just think that we do not even have to respond to those comments.

26#
發表於 07-4-10 21:12 |只看該作者

旻旻&思思,

Other than the school fee, we dont need to pay extra money, it includes all the textbook, exercise book, year book and stationeries, except for uniform you have to buy for yourself.  

After school activities organized by the outsider is optional.  They have basketball, football, dancing, karate, drama, etc... I cannot remember how much it cost.

You can bring your own lunch or order from the school, it costs about $20+ per meal.  

School fee probably increased every year, again I cannot remember the range, but it increased almost 30% from Grade 5 to Grade 6 as Grade 6 will be treated as junior high school.  If my memory did not fail me.  It increased from $54000/yr to $79,xxx per year.

I suggest you have to compromise with your husband before sending your kid to IS as this is a long journey for your family, if your husband is not happy with your arrangement, it will definitely spoil your relationship with him, it is not worth.

Creative is another choice, they are in between the IS and the traditional school, some of my friends also send their kids study there, but the school fee is more or less the same as IS.

27#
發表於 07-4-10 22:23 |只看該作者

Hi Barnie,

I'm new here. What is Creative? Me too, want to send my dautghter to IS, but my husband doesn't want to. His point is that he wants my daughter to learn chinese and can apply local university. If my girl goews to IS, her chinese won't be that good and can't apply local U. He wants to send my daughter to 啟基書院 at Kowloon Tong if my daughter is not doing well in local primary school.

junmom

28#
發表於 07-4-10 22:33 |只看該作者

junmom,

Creative seems = 啟基, but I'm not sure if they are the same school, I know they have a campus near to Fa Huen.

For your information, IS students can apply for local U except Chinese University unless they have good Chinese standard.

29#
發表於 07-4-10 22:54 |只看該作者

Hi barine,

sorry i am new, what is CAIS? I know IS stand for International School.

30#
發表於 07-4-10 22:59 |只看該作者

smartchung,

CAIS = Christian Alliance P.C. Lau Memorial Int'l School

junmom,

Creative = 啟思

31#
發表於 07-4-10 23:02 |只看該作者

Creative is 啟思, Chan's Creative is 啟基.
該用戶已被刪除

32#
發表於 07-4-10 23:52 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

33#
發表於 07-4-11 00:04 |只看該作者

You may find more infomation about IS, such as the placement of graduate student, the Public Exam results. Besides, you can lead your husband to visit the school. Hope it work.[quote]
旻旻&思思 寫道:
你地講得好

34#
發表於 07-4-11 16:41 |只看該作者

Dear 旻旻&思思

Hello, I am going to sent my boy to IS (he is now, doing K1 )

My wife was quite against IS system and I spend many months to convince her to try IS. And now she still has some hesitation with this discussion. With the reason of  “Importance of Chinese”. My friends around me also give us a lot of advices, most of them are not very positive! But that didn’t change my mind towards IS approach! Of course no one can guarantee my decision is correct or not! And it will take a long time to see the result or not even able to prove it! That’s why I need the full support from my wife! And I’ll keep on convince her. Ha Ha!

I guess you have to compare the Local system and IS system! Both approaches have their proc and cons. It has been discussed in BK for many many times. You can found out a lot of info.

If your husband has friends who have their children studying IS, try to arrange an informal gathering and slowly introduce this topic, In my experience it will help a lot! Especially not from your mouth but from someone experienced both local and IS system.

Wish you luck! And be patient!

MarcusD

35#
發表於 07-4-11 18:16 |只看該作者

MarcusD 寫道:
And now she still has some hesitation with this discussion. With the reason of  “Importance of Chinese”.

絕對同意你太太的講法 : "中文是非常重要". 各位看看美加英澳俄, 紛紛在她們的大學加入中文課程. 有些國家更在中小學已加入中文課程了. 可想而知中文的國際地位及重要性正在不斷提升. 不過"中文"是指講 (普通話) 非 (廣東話), 寫(簡體字) 非 (繁體字). 遺憾是香港政府沒遠見又冇決心在中小學全面推行 (普通話) 及 (簡體字). 所以真係見唔到本地學校 d "中文" 強在那裡!
倒不如好像我朋友般讓小朋友在國際學校學好d英文後回祖國讀大學 (現在她已在北京大學就讀了). 我相信她現在 d 英文應該唔會差過 hku  d 學生, 大學畢業後相信佢 d "中文" 都唔會差過 cu d 畢業生. 這樣不是還好嗎?

36#
發表於 07-4-11 19:26 |只看該作者

見到呢個topic令我想起由對b9個月大我同老公開始考慮選擇比佢地入讀國際學校開始身邊週遭既人亦係未曾停過打擊我們呢個決定, 當時受既阻力真係唔少,而加見到仔仔女女上課時充滿自信既表現時真係好彩當時我地冇決而不行!

37#
發表於 07-4-11 19:48 |只看該作者

My son is studying in ESF, most of his classmates are very self confident. It is true that his school may treat some fightings as normal, that cause some parents think IS students are no discipline at all.

However, such case is not happening all the time. Most students there are very good.

For Chinese learning, his school has noticed the importance of Chinese and already proceeding to add more time in Chinese. In fact, some parents will also send their kids to have extra Chinese lesson,
it is up to certain parents.

Studying in IS gives more time for me and my son to have our own time instead of doing homeworks.
He learns a lot at school, just without pressure, so as us.

38#
發表於 07-4-11 19:54 |只看該作者

traveller 寫道:
絕對同意你太太的講法 : "中文是非常重要". 各位看看美加英澳俄, 紛紛在她們的大學加入中文課程. 有些國家更在中小學已加入中文課程了. 可想而知中文的國際地位及重要性正在不斷提升. 不過"中文"是指講 (普通話) 非 (廣東話), 寫(簡體字) 非 (繁體字). 遺憾是香港政府沒遠見又冇決心在中小學全面推行 (普通話) 及 (簡體字). 所以真係見唔到本地學校 d "中文" 強在那裡!
倒不如好像我朋友般讓小朋友在國際學校學好d英文後回祖國讀大學 (現在她已在北京大學就讀了). 我相信她現在 d 英文應該唔會差過 hku  d 學生, 大學畢業後相信佢 d "中文" 都唔會差過 cu d 畢業生. 這樣不是還好嗎?

同意。
我都唔覺本地學校學生中文好,
唔係我話,報紙,電視經常有報導,話香港學生中文差。

本地學校地表面係有中文課程,但係學校,學生,家長 "重英輕中" 的情形,根本就好嚴重,話係話學校有兩文三語,但係個個家長都要孩子谷英文,尤其係名校,間間都以其英語水平招徠,
本地學校中,係得培正一間打正旗號係中文學校,而依然係公認的名校,( 培正是我好欣賞的學校 )。
講到入中學,個個學生都爭入英文中學。
( 把口話唔恨入英中的,好多其實都係因為入唔到先咁講 。)
名校學生亦以 "英文好,中文唔好" 為榮,
邊幾間名校最多假鬼妹,唔駛我講。
D 人話家長比孩子入國際學校係唔重視中文,
我要佢地問心,佢自己想唔想孩子入英文中學?

39#
發表於 07-4-11 19:55 |只看該作者

traveller 寫道:

[/quote]

Ha Ha another possibilities, why not?? Friend of mine suggested me to join the summer camp in China too.

But choosing IS is more than the language (of course it is very very important), but it is the whole person development, the enjoyment of schooling and the attitude towards learning. NOT a copy machine or exam expert.

Really hope my boy can get accepted….Pray hard….

:-x

40#
發表於 07-4-11 20:10 |只看該作者

不過,大家做朋友,做親戚,見面開開心心就好喇,
在 bk,大家討論下國際學校同 local school 無問題,
但係同朋友親戚傾,遇著 d 特別鍾意同人 argue 的人,
就會沒完沒了,講得幾講傷感情真係無謂。

我都好怕 D 朋友成日要同我討論學校問題,
如果係友善的傾下計,冇問題,
最怕有 D 人,好似係都要話你個選擇係錯晒,
你孩子讀的學校係差的。