教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 2005年學之園PN班
樓主: TwinsMother
go

2005年學之園PN班 [複製鏈接]

521#
發表於 06-7-12 16:47 |只看該作者

Re: 2005年學之園PN班

Doris

If my son wakes up during the night, he normally fall into sleep again in about 15 to 20 minutes.  I know it's a good sign, but somehow I am worried that he cannot get enough sleep at night.  You know, as adult, we don't really need to go to toilet during the night.

I also think that they can only have at most 2 CE K1 class next year.  The limitation of classroom is another factor.

Do you think there will be Japanese attending CE K1 class next year ?  I haven't really asked the parents of his classmates.

522#
發表於 06-7-12 20:56 |只看該作者

ljsze, doris,
I don't know how many CE classess next year either. For me, doesn't matter, as long as the teacher to student ratio is OK and the teachers are nice, that's fine for me.
Does your son like to 包拗頸? Preston also does that and made me quite mad. E.g. you said this is a train, he'll say this is a MTR; red apple, he'll say green apple; you tell him to say 'thank you' , he'll say '唔該' on purpose,etc.......... I thought there is 'terrible 2', but recently I just heard there is 'horrible 3' and this can last till 4 years old.
http://www.studio123.hk/onlinealbum/2008-02-03/preston.html

523#
發表於 06-7-13 12:32 |只看該作者

Lydia

that my son likes to 包拗頸 does not happen to mine.  however, he certainly has his own thoughts & will say no to our proposal & ideas.  i can for sure that he sometimes likes to test our limits.  yet, i would say that he's much better than when he was 2.5 yrs old.

i do read book about parenting from time to time.  2.6 yrs old is difficult to handle because of his temper.  kid at aged 3 should be adorable for most of the time.  and, reaching 3.5 yrs old, it's hard to manage again.

524#
發表於 06-7-14 11:36 |只看該作者

Lydia,

Brian also has such type of strange behaviour.  He used to do it, simply because he wants to draw our attention.  I know he knows the correct answer, but he simply does it on purpose.

I have also heard of the theory quoted by ljsze.  Kids used to behave well for half a year and behave badly for the second half.  The pattern will go on for a few years.  Brian's behaviour fits this theory well.

525#
發表於 06-7-14 13:17 |只看該作者

ljsze, Doris,
I'm using a new reward system. When Preston behaves well, I'll give him a star and then after 5 or 10 stars, he'll get a prize. Sometimes it works but sometimes he doesn't care. It takes a lot of patience to deal with them at this age (which I don't really have enough). Have you  hit your son, I mean real hard?

526#
發表於 06-7-14 14:42 |只看該作者

Lydia

You raise a really good topic for discussion.  I have been using this same kind of reward system.  If he gets 10 stickers, he'll get a new toy.  It doesn't work all the time but can help.  You know sometimes kids are really stubborn.  However, even if he says no or opposite to you, if you don't insist immediately & give him a few minutes, he will say yes.  It works quite well.  As for the reward system, I try not to rely on it too much.  Otherwise, I suspect that the kid will be behaving well only when he knows he can get materialistic reward.

And, I don't hit my son even though sometimes I get very angry.  I guess I'm infuriated with what my in-laws do more than what my son does.

Last night, when my son was running at home, he fell down & hit his head (not serious).  His first reaction was to cry of course.  I then went to soothe him.  At the same time, my father-in-law said '去嬤嬤度﹐嬤嬤呵番'.  I was very angry at that moment.  I was here to help my son but then my father-in-law asked my son to go to his grandma.  Any respect to me ?  I'm not sure if I over-react on this but I ws really angry.  I almost wanted to scold him but I held.

527#
發表於 06-7-16 16:08 |只看該作者

ljsze,
I would be angry if I were you. How about your son, did he go to her m-i-l or go to you? I guess if there are a lot of people at home, the kid will be easily spoiled. Like my son will behave better if only I'm home but will go to my maid if I scold him. Anyway, nothing is perfect, you have to rely on them to take care of your son.

When shall we open a new topic at 'kindergarten'?

528#
發表於 06-7-16 16:30 |只看該作者

Lydia and ljsze,

I am in a similar situation.  Whenever I scolded my son, he would run to my father.  Whenever he wanted something and I said no, he would ask my father to give him.  I always told my father that we should teach the kid in the same way.  However, he said Brian is still very small and I have to make him happy all the time.

Lydia,

Do you know that last Friday (14/7) was the last day for Ms. Angelika?  I heard that she will teach German in an International School in the coming academic year.

529#
發表於 06-7-17 11:02 |只看該作者

Lydia, Doris

The result was that my son went to grandma (in her bedroom) for about 30 seconds & came back.  Though it was only 30 seconds, I was really hurt & angry.  This is not the same time.

At night after dinner, my mother-in-law mostly stay in bedroom to watch TV.  Yet, sometimes my father-in-law still asks my son to go to 嬤嬤 for something.  Though my son only go to her bedroom for less than 1 minute, I was still angry.

Lydia's right, if we have to rely on them to take care of my son, we have to tolerate.  That's why I always think of working part-time & taking care of my son when he goes to primary school.  I think this may be better for the kid in most aspects - to be taken care by parent iso grandparent.  More importantly, I have to move out.

Doris

Though your case is similar, at least you can ask what your father should do or should not do.  I cannot.  I can only get angry at them & swallow my hard feelings.

Lydia

Good idea to open a topic in kindergarten.  Pls do so & inform us once ready.

530#
發表於 06-7-18 13:11 |只看該作者

Doris,
Too bad Miss Angelika is not going to teach here anymore, she is nice and will discipline the kids. Hope the teacher for K1 is good as well.

Which K1 class will your kids be? Preston is in K1B.

531#
發表於 06-7-18 14:44 |只看該作者

Lydia, Doris

My son (Davin) is also in K1B (CE) class.  I asked the administrator & learnt that K1A is PE class while K1B is CE class.  There will also be one class in the afternoon.  So, a total of 3 classes.  If you know that Miss Lai will be teaching K1 class, that I guess most probably she'll be teaching K1B.  If so, I think we are also happy to hear about this.

532#
發表於 06-7-18 15:22 |只看該作者

Lydia,

Brian will also be in K1B class.  I brought Brian to school this morning and I saw Preston.  He was holding Hin Man's hand and they are very good friends.

Don't know why but many PNB kids were late this morning.  Ms. Hung and Ms. Cheung were very busy.  The kids came to the playground late and they missed the first two songs.

ljsze,

I can understand how bad the feeling was when your father-in-law asked your son to go to his grandma when you were enjoying the time with him.  But if you really want to move out, will they react in a negative way?

I haven't talked to Ms Lai before but I can see that she's nice to the kids.  During the morning exercise, she tried her best to take care of every kid and her partner would deal with those kids who were crying.

BTW, do you know who will be the other teacher in K1B?

533#
發表於 06-7-18 16:12 |只看該作者

Doris

Hopefully, I will move out in about 4 years.  It would be ideal if we can find 2 flats in the same building to minimize (1) the troubles bringing my son to & from in-laws' home (2) negative feeling.  Let my husband think of some way to make them feel ok.  I really don't want to sacrifice my own happiness & freedom for the rest of my life (after the experience of living with them for 5 yrs).

I've no idea who will be the other teacher in K1B.  Maybe I'll ask the school tomorrow.

Doris, Lydia

Somehow I feel a bit sad as school will end after tomorrow.  Sad in the way that the teacher in K1 class will not be the same.  Sad because many of his classmates will be studying in other schools.

534#
發表於 06-7-19 10:56 |只看該作者

ljsze,

That will be good if you can have two flats in the same building.  Your in-laws will feel more comfortable when they know you will be moving out.  Good luck!

I brought Brian to school this morning.  Same to you, the feeling was a bit sad.  Many parents (including me) took photos with the kids and teachers before morning exercise and we said goodbye to the teachers.  It seems that the kids understood they will not be in PNB after today.  They all behaved well and they enjoyed during morning exercise.

Lydia,

I talked to Preston this morning.  It's funny that he told me he's got lots of 'cookie favoured' candies.

535#
發表於 06-7-19 11:33 |只看該作者

Lydia, Doris

You're right.  Kids looked happy as usual.  It was too crowded since we could not enter the school using main entrance.

I met a few parents & talked for a while.  They asked Miss Lee who would be the teacher for K1B & Miss Lee said most probably would be Miss Cheng.  Is she the current teacher of K1 CE class ?

I'm also glad to know that quite some classmates of PNA will go to K1 CE class as well.  So, I guess kids will have less problem adpating to new class.

536#
發表於 06-7-19 13:17 |只看該作者

Doris,
I bought 'oreo' cookies for him to bring to school today, that's why he told you he has lots of cookies. Did you ask him or did he tell you by himself?

I told Preston yesterday that he'll finish PN class and go to K1 and Miss Hung will not teach you anymore. He's quite upset and said he wants Miss Hung. Actually, Miss HUng has taught him for 1 and 1/2 yr. I hope he'll like Miss Cheng.

Today, Preston will start his 1st swimming class, hope he enjoys it.

Today is the last day of PN, maybe I'll open a new topic in' kindergarten' session tonight and let you guys know later.

537#
發表於 06-7-19 18:43 |只看該作者

ljsze,

Your info about the K1B teacher will be more updated.  Actually, I don't know who Ms Cheng is.  Hope she is also nice and caring.

Lydia,

I was telling Brian that I would bring his favorite Sugus candies to pick him up after school.  Hin Man heard that and he told me that he's got strawberry candies.  Preston than came and told me that he's got 'cookie' candies.  But when I wanted to talk to him, he walked away to other kids.

BTW, how's Preston's first swimming lesson?

Dear all,

Have you read the portfolio of your kid?  I was touched when I went through each page with Brian.  The school has done a lot and they have kept a complete record of our kids.

538#
發表於 06-7-19 20:51 |只看該作者

Go to 學之園(海逸校)06K1! See you there!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題