用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 在九龍區除了蔡繼有及international school,還有甚麼學 ...
樓主: chunyatmama
go

在九龍區除了蔡繼有及international school,還有甚麼學校是提供IB [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 12-2-23 13:14 |只看該作者
回復 catyoyo 的帖子

Thanks for your further info.
Using IGCSE MYP PYP to predict IBDP and the throughput of students may not be a good apple to apple comparison, just an indirect measure of student performance.

Most or all public exam can't present students creativity,leadership etc.....
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

42#
發表於 12-2-23 13:28 |只看該作者
Thanks ANChan59,

[(1) Those students who have attended PYP and MYP; & (We need to follow the results of DSS, private, ESF and IS with accredited PYP and MYP programs.)
(2) Those students who have not attended PYP and MYP. (Like most DSS.)]

For (1), according to the data published by most IS, the results are quite good.  However these results could only be used as a reference only because my target, as with most local parents here, is bilingual diploma.  In respect of my expectation on Chinese, I hope my kid can achieve that which is comparable to local school.  In my opinion, no IS in Hong Kong could meet this requirement at the moment.

For (2), I think many parents are waiting.  As a matter of interest, in your son's class, how many students come from other schools?

cherubic

43#
發表於 12-2-23 16:00 |只看該作者
回復 cherubic 的帖子

Just for devil advocate.........

Reasonable good in Chinese, not necessary go for bilingual diploma.
My rationale is - if your son will have PG 38 and Chinese Syllabus A (L&LS) and score only 5, he can downgrade Chinese to Syllabus B and sure have 7 and the revised PG will become 40, and bare min for MBBS and Global Business..... His Chinese standard is still pretty good, even he took Syllabus B.

Just achieving bilingual diploma, but PG pretty low, what's for?

The same token, my son up to now still taking 4 HL, he will drop one to SL in July after reviewing the 2nd term exam results. That's what he means flexibility to maximise the score, of course, it's tough for him to take 4 HL.

44#
發表於 12-2-25 01:14 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

Christi
I replied your question in the high school forum.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖