搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 培僑interview.你哋覺得点呀?? ...
樓主: freema
go

培僑interview.你哋覺得点呀?? [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 05-10-25 19:57 |只看該作者

Re: 培僑interview.你哋覺得点呀??

I agree with you.  "2nd interview" is very common for school to select the appropriate students.  

Parents shouldn't be so nervous about this arrangement.  

42#
發表於 05-10-25 21:37 |只看該作者

My daughter also share the same with us. She also unable to complete the drawing.
不過等接小朋友時係小禮堂聽2位老師講解學校d嘢就not good at all. Strongly have the Mainland China feel. So far did not notice any fluent English feel in this school. The student also not giving me a good impression as well - still talkin lots in Cantonese and not very polite and accountable.
My daughter got a admitted by St. Margreat in Shum Shui Po, and the English and the student seems better than Pui kui.
The only reason that i still try Pui Kui is the location is much closer to my home (Ma On Shan).

Anyway, will wiat and see if any 2nd interview - but they neer mentioned to our interview group during the interview on last Sat.

43#
發表於 05-10-26 11:59 |只看該作者

其實有無CONFIRM 到PKC 係咪真係要2ND INTERVIEW?
我都覺得暫時PKC D學生唔太有禮貌同得體, 但始終新校, 學生表現如何暫時都唔太關PKC 事, 但再過多個學期, 如果學生比人感覺都係咁, PKC 就有責任了!

44#
發表於 05-10-26 14:35 |只看該作者

Re: 培僑interview.你

honeybbb 寫道:
其實有無CONFIRM 到PKC 係咪真係要2ND INTERVIEW?

前兩日我親自打過電話去學校度問,佢地confirm左會揀一批10月22日同23日1st in 左既小朋友,邀請佢地去2nd in.
http://bb5.babyhome.com.tw/UPLOAD7/123340/129075.10908320.72074.jpg

45#
發表於 05-10-26 16:31 |只看該作者

係咪出信通知, 定係自己去網睇呀?大約幾時有RESULT 呀?

46#
發表於 05-10-26 16:41 |只看該作者

[quote]
勞媽媽 寫道:
http://bb5.babyhome.com.tw/UPLOAD7/123340/129075.10908320.72074.jpg

47#
發表於 05-10-26 19:27 |只看該作者

Dear Parents,

I have just called Pui Kiu this afternoon and confirmed the same informaton as 勞媽媽.

The 2nd interview for the child or parents, or both are unknown yet.

Tony

48#
發表於 05-10-26 20:56 |只看該作者

If 原因係報名人數太多,好難揀. It's unacceptable.
They shoudl know how many students being invited for interview and how many seats they have.
If they really know what they are doing, even they have 5000 aplicant, and only take 50 student, they should know their process and how to rate the student. From the rating (by marks etc.) then short listed the Top ranking and offer a seat. The rest, PK can arrange another 10% Top student for the waiting list. That's is common for other school.
It's so simple for PK to do it, how come the Principal did not set this process up before the interview process. Thsi is not the first year as well.
Does it means that last year the quality of student or applicant is not good hence they do nto hav eprocess to get the existimg student? Then the qulaity of the student (and the teacher) may hav ethe same issue.

By the way, I did not prepare for any interview for my daughter even for the 1st interview as I just let my daughter perform what she is and see if the school is able to take her.

May be she got a seat in St. Margreat already and I really not care so much on the PK seat than before. I totally change my preception for PK after the school briefing and the 1st interview arrangement.
Hope PK able to change my preception after the 2nd interview (if any for my daughter).

good luck to all.

49#
發表於 05-10-26 22:21 |只看該作者

A lot of DSS schools require second interviews, so what's the big deal? (Actually I can't think of any famous ones that do not require second interview).

If the quality of the students is rather even, one can imagine the school will have a hard time deciding on the most suitable ones (and also to identify those who really want to get in the school rather than using it as a backup in case the lucky draw turns out badly). As someone in this forum has pointed out already, having a second interview to pick the best out of the lot should be good for both the school and the would be Pui-Kiu students. Arranging a second interview means a lot of extra work to the school. I guess if they can avoid it they would. It's a pain to parents because we have to take another day or half day off work but I guess we do not have a choice. (Unless we choose to give up?)

MonteVista: if you dislike the school and it's administration so much and your daughter has got a seat at St Margaret, why bother with the second interview? There are still plenty of students who appied after the deadline waiting for the chance of a FIRST interview.

50#
發表於 05-10-26 22:34 |只看該作者

Actually, after a year survey, I decided to apply Pui Kui. We onyl submit one application among all schools. We apply St Margret as a back up and use it as a pilot run for the interview. Both my wife and I did not expect my daughter got a seat as she told the principal that she will watch TV first beofre doing her homework!
I strongly believe Pui Kui's mission and direction if they deliver what they say. But it seems the reality is not the same....Or may still need time to prove it.
If my daughter go a chance for 2nd interview, I wil go for it as I stil need to decide which one is good for my daughter due to location issue, we liv in Ma On Shan and it's too far for St. Margreat unless we move house...we will if we don't have a seat in Pui Kui and if we find out that Pui Kui is 70% on Mandarin rather than seek the balance between Englsih and Mandarin.

What is your choice?

51#
發表於 05-10-26 23:19 |只看該作者

本來培僑係我心水, 不過如果真係突然又話因太多人要來多次interview, 唔多唔少會介意點解學校做嘢冇任何planning既?  因為可能新, 信心都係唔係好足夠, 所以如果我既小朋友真係好彩有2nd 機會, 我選擇唔會去. 我相信學校都未必仲意我呢d對佢信心唔足既家長

52#
發表於 05-10-27 10:19 |只看該作者

就正正因為培僑是新校您們便有這樣的想法,什麼政策常改沒
有事先說明有第二次面試, 什麼沒有信心如有機會亦不會考慮等等不公平的說法.
有無想到是今年報名的小朋友實在太標青,很難篩選為公平起
見再加第二次面試.如換轉是其他名校有這樣的安排, 相信一
定得到您們的盛讚, 哇!xx學校真公平呀, 看到這麼多小朋友報名就作出面試的調配方法, 不會做任何事也一成不變,真希望可以考到呀....等等.   其實您地明吾明白我想講什麼.
好好想一想吧.

53#
發表於 05-10-27 11:01 |只看該作者

waisiuchuen 寫道:
定得到您們的盛讚, 哇!xx學校真公平呀, 看到這麼多小朋友報名就作出面試的調配方法, 不會做任何事也一成不變,真希望可以考到呀....等等.   其實您地明吾明白我想講什麼.
好好想一想吧.

但你又明唔明我地既擔憂, 就係因為佢新, 信心仲未夠.  做家長既係希望個小朋友入一間學校可以順利完成12年教育, 唔好要半途要轉校.  無論係公司同學校, 一開始既形象都好緊要, 當然, 可能好多家長好似你好接受, 同樣都有少數家長好似我唔可以接受,  不過而家一早知自己接受唔到都好, 唔好浪費學校既資源, 早早離開都好.  我都希望培僑他日可以愈來愈好, 可以培養一班好既學生出來.  

54#
發表於 05-10-27 15:21 |只看該作者

Re: 培僑interview.你?覺得?呀??

It is so boring...I think you guys should express your views carefully. You are just expressing your views, but it seems that you are on behalf on the school...

Anyway...think twice before you speak. If they have 2nd in, then nothing can change that. If they are going to have 3rd in, nothing can change that...it is just up to the decision of that school. No matter you like it or not, you are not a member of that school, what say do you have? If you don't like it, quit the game then.

I think choosing a school is not an easy thing, but choosing students (esp parents) IS EVEN HARDER. Parent may have a long time doing research on analyzing a school before choosing it, but
have you ever thought about the school? How can they choose what they want by just doing one single round of interview? You have spent such a long time in choosing school and you don't give any chance for others to choose your kid? Is there any bias there? Hello?

Also, think about the "cost" of running an interview day, if they don't have "heart" to do it, one round is enough. Do you think teachers nowadays are having too little work to do? they are using their family day man! I think we as the parent (esp HK parents) should be more considerate instead of pointing at one or two trivial things and give such negative comments. Blaming doesn't help to build an environment for our kids, we are just teaching our kids to be someone like us...

55#
發表於 05-10-27 16:45 |只看該作者

AaronMummy,

You have said that:

"Blaming doesn't help to build an environment for our kids, we are just teaching our kids to be someone like us..."

I fully agree with you but I did not see that you have act like that.  May be my English is poor because it seemed to me that you are "blaming" others by requesting them to "express their views carefully".  Your act does not in line with your word.  If we need to act as a model to our kids, I think we should say and act in the same way.  

I like Pui Kee very much and wish my daughter to enter into the school.  But I do think Pui Kee has room to improve in their interview approach (at least the teachers or headmaster can announce the 2nd interview at the end of the first interview so that parents can know it in advance that they have such intention).

I would say other parents who like Pui Kee also want Pui Kee to improve in the future. We don't want to hide Pui Kee's weakness, and if there is room for improvement, we hope Pui Kee can improve.  Just like we love our children but we cannot love them blindly by accepting all their wrong doings.

別人笑我太瘋癲我笑他人看不穿
不見五陵豪傑墓無花無酒鋤作田
Heidi's bookself

56#
發表於 05-10-27 16:55 |只看該作者

waisiuchuen 寫道:
好好想一想吧.

waisiuchuen

真是我的心聲!!!! 絶對同意呀!

我只想說, 如果你真是很喜歡這間學校的話, 莫說是有2nd in. 3rd in. 4th in. 都冇所謂.  篩選得精密, 學生質素不是更有保障嗎??

我明白突然說要2nd in, 會有些失預算的感覺.  點解唔為有2nd in 而覺得學校謹慎而高興呢??? 很多私小及直資學校都要2nd in. 的.  要知道安排一次interview 學校所投放的人力物力有多大?????? 老師及校長們都沒有假放去篩選小朋友, 目的都是想學校收到最好的學生, 想多些時間去進一步了解你們的小朋友, 同時面試的家長更加可以進一步了解學校, 不好嗎??????  深深地想想吧!

57#
發表於 05-10-27 18:44 |只看該作者

學校在1st in 後才知道學生的水準及成績,咁在interview後說有機會有2nd in 都係好正常。明明是懂得應變,卻被說成朝令夕改。???

58#
發表於 05-10-27 19:25 |只看該作者

我也同意,樂觀D睇,比多D時間學校去做,收D有質素的小朋友仲好啦.

59#
發表於 05-10-27 20:19 |只看該作者

Yes, it might be an improvement if the school conducts 2nd interview for students to ensure that they are appropriately selected.  

60#
發表於 05-10-27 22:52 |只看該作者

Re: 培僑終於有書面回應啦!

From their intranet.
Well, Principal ~ Dr.Law has clarify most of our question.

{Click Here}

‹ 上一主題|下一主題