go

2007年9月入讀沙田培僑書院入來傾傾 [複製鏈接]

721#
發表於 08-1-12 11:29 |只看該作者
原文章由 YatYatmommy 於 08-1-11 15:37 發表
hi,
家教會呢個問題,真係諗左幾日,其實真係應該支持,
不過我係working mom,怕無時間參予,點好呢

我和其他家長都忙, 但有一個想法,  就是參加了之後再在選舉中投票, 選一些沒有那麼忙的家長去做家教會的事情, 幫我們說說話.

我所以參加了.

好像2月2日有個家教大會, 到時候除了可以投票選舉外, 對我來說就是可以和老師們談談

722#
發表於 08-1-12 18:56 |只看該作者
原文章由 lfcdhsbc 於 08-1-12 11:29 發表

我和其他家長都忙, 但有一個想法,  就是參加了之後再在選舉中投票, 選一些沒有那麼忙的家長去做家教會的事情, 幫我們說說話.

我所以參加了.

好像2月2日有個家教大會, 到時候除了可以投票選舉外, 對我來說就是可 ...

Good suggestion...so better join first and see how it goes and maybe we can help later!:)

723#
發表於 08-1-14 10:07 |只看該作者
咁又係既:

原文章由 hjm 於 08-1-12 18:56 發表
Good suggestion...so better join first and see how it goes and maybe we can help later!:)

724#
發表於 08-1-14 10:11 |只看該作者
我見校曆表寫jan/26家長日,唔知到時老師係一班班咁見,
定係個別接見呢.

725#
發表於 08-1-14 14:33 |只看該作者
Dear all PKC parents,

My daughter will join PKC G1 2008/09, could you please share some information to me ?

(1) What kind of homework they are doing now?
(2) How could the parents know what the childrens did daily at school? cos I saw they have some G1 worksheet (Eng) are quite difficult in the open day, I don't know if they will complete at school or at home
(3) How frequently the school required the children to read the books (books out of text book)  (chi/ Eng) ? what did they required children do after reading the books
(4) What do you think about their spoken lauguages (Putonhwa / English), do you think you children had improved after joining PKC?
(5) did you have many chance to discuss with their teacher about your child? they will report it to you consistantly?
(6) What do you think of their teacher quality?
(7) What do you think of their Math / Science? Will they train the student to think more or more creative...etc

Sorry for so many questions, as my daughter had accepted by PKC and HKBUAS, so I have to choose either one, please help!!

Regards,
Esther

726#
發表於 08-1-14 20:49 |只看該作者
原文章由 Esther-Hailey-J 於 08-1-14 14:33 發表
Dear all PKC parents,

My daughter will join PKC G1 2008/09, could you please share some information to me ?

(2) How could the parents know what the chi ...

Hello...in fact I had the same situation last year with these 2 schools and at the end chose PKC.  No regret...have been quite satisfied on the teaching quality, content and homework (still think it's a bit too much).  My son's Chinese has progressed a lot and Eng is maintained (he was better in Eng at kindy).  I do not want to influence you much but BU was the other one we liked too.  You may want to also check the same with their current parents!

727#
發表於 08-1-16 13:44 |只看該作者
Dear hjm,

thanks for your reply, by the way, what makes you give up HKBUAS and choose PKC in last year? Anyway, most of the performance in PKC are quite satisfied to me except their English standard (I mean speaking English), I still have some question mark on my head, besides, I also don't think it is good to teach Math in Putonghwa (primary) and change to English (Secoundary), do you think it is also a problem? please correct me if I'm wrong! One more thing, if there is not much homework, how did parents know what your child had learnt from school? please share as well! thanks and sorry for so many question!

原文章由 hjm 於 08-1-14 20:49 發表

Hello...in fact I had the same situation last year with these 2 schools and at the end chose PKC.  No regret...have been quite satisfied on the teaching quality, content and homework (still think i ...

728#
發表於 08-1-16 21:18 |只看該作者
原文章由 Esther-Hailey-J 於 08-1-14 14:33 發表
Dear all PKC parents,

(2) How could the parents know what the chi ...

Dear Esther,

My child is studying at G1. Let me give you some ideas in the order of your questions.

They have to do some English writing (not copying) for few tens of words every day.

(2) How could the parents know what the childrens did daily at school? cos I saw they have some G1 worksheet (Eng) are quite difficult in the open day, I don't know if they will complete at school or at home
They are difficult. If parents cannot help, some kids will certainly have difficulties.  The good thing is that there is no pressure from the teacher or the school even if the kids don't do it well.

(3) How frequently the school required the children to read the books (books out of text book)  (chi/ Eng) ? what did they required children do after reading the books
They encourage reading all the time. Once again, there is no pressure from the teacher. So do it at your own pace.

(4) What do you think about their spoken lauguages (Putonhwa / English), do you think you children had improved after joining PKC?
The teachers are good.  After a few months, my kid's PTH improves. At least he is bold enough to speak (though not very good).  Well, it takes time. As far as English is concerned, I can't say anything, since my child speaks English ever since he speaks.  But you mihgt like to know that apart from my kid, there are two more kids in his class having the ability to converse with my son in English.  That's probably becasue of family backgroudn.

(5) did you have many chance to discuss with their teacher about your child? they will report it to you consistantly?
No.  Some parents will take a more active role. But you can check up something you want from the intranet.

(6) What do you think of their teacher quality?
They are generally good.

(7) What do you think of their Math / Science? Will they train the student to think more or more creative...etc
When the teacher/student ratio is 1 to 30, frankly what do you expect? Using PTh as the instructing language in Math might be a handicap.  But I never complain, for some personal perspective. I think Math cannot be trained.  If someone is good at Math, whatever the language it is, his math is still good.
For me, it is just another chance to practise PTH.

Sorry for so many questions, as my daughter had accepted by PKC and HKBUAS, so I have to choose either one, please help!!
To me, everybody gets what they want.  If you are looking for reassurance from others before making your choice, there is nothing I can help.

729#
發表於 08-1-17 12:04 |只看該作者
Hi,

I keep contact with my son's teachers by e-mail.  They always give me prompt reply.  It is really great!
Moreover, teachers post the teaching outline on the e-class, so parents could check it very easily.  Students are encouraged to write in book report, "wow", diary ......etc.  

Yes, my sons told me he even speaks English or PTH during recess or lunch time sometimes, which he doesn't need to.  He told me "I just cannot change the channel back to Cantonese".  It is really funny and good for the kids.  He has classmates who studied in English speaking counties before.  

According to Principal Law, students will start to use English in Math at about G5 or G6.  They will change the language step by step.  Then kids will not have problem to use English in math in G7.

Yes, everybody should take what they want.

730#
發表於 08-1-17 13:32 |只看該作者
Thanks! Mummon and iamgiuliano, it was very useful to me!

原文章由 mummom 於 08-1-17 12:04 發表
Hi,

I keep contact with my son's teachers by e-mail.  They always give me prompt reply.  It is really great!
Moreover, teachers post the teaching outline on the e-class, so parents could check it ve ...

[ 本文章最後由 Esther-Hailey-J 於 08-1-17 13:34 編輯 ]

731#
發表於 08-1-18 19:32 |只看該作者
原文章由 Esther-Hailey-J 於 08-1-17 13:32 發表
Thanks! Mummon and iamgiuliano, it was very useful to me!

Actually I'm quite happy about the progress on PTH....CHinese isn't difficult anymore to my son (it was hard for him at kindy).  His English is maintained but i know they speak Eng at classes at least and with their Eng teacher.  HOmework is supposed to less, but I do find it not so less afterall.  There are some daily items (3-4) and some once a week (journal).  We are always missing the reading log because we never had enough time.  Maybe my son does his work too slow, every night we do need about an hour or so to do the writing.

732#
發表於 08-1-22 00:02 |只看該作者
Dear 1B 班mama,

大家收到Jan 26 的家長日通告未 ?  我們編排在早上 10:20 和班主任會面.  妳們呢 ?

733#
發表於 08-1-22 09:40 |只看該作者
hi esther:
我編排了8:40am見,見完剛剛好上班,省下半天假。
媽咪愛芝芝,芝芝愛媽咪。 :-D  :-D  :-D 請多多光臨芝心話姨姨鬧芝芝將水混入媽咪的潤膚油內。
芝芝:你估媽咪覺得我重要,還是嗰樽嘢重要!
@_@

醒目開學勳章

734#
發表於 08-1-24 15:08 |只看該作者
原文章由 YY(芝芝媽咪) 於 08-1-22 09:40 發表
hi esther:
我編排了8:40am見,見完剛剛好上班,省下半天假。

請問各位培僑家長,男同學是否穿黑皮鞋及白波鞋呢?

735#
發表於 08-1-24 15:30 |只看該作者
除非特別曰子,否則日日都穿白球鞋 (小學部)。

原文章由 luckymother 於 08-1-24 15:08 發表

請問各位培僑家長,男同學是否穿黑皮鞋及白波鞋呢?

736#
發表於 08-1-24 20:17 |只看該作者
原文章由 esther 於 08-1-22 00:02 發表
Dear 1B 班mama,

大家收到Jan 26 的家長日通告未 ?  我們編排在早上 10:20 和班主任會面.  妳們呢 ?

Not yet!!!!

737#
發表於 08-1-25 11:39 |只看該作者
hjm
如果未收到通告, 最好向老師查詢會面時間, 本星期已有通告, 手冊也是說1月26日是家長會.
原文章由 hjm 於 08-1-24 20:17 發表

Not yet!!!!

738#
發表於 08-1-30 12:23 |只看該作者
hi 各位,
見完老師覺得點呀?
我自己呢就終於可以鬆一口氣,
本來好擔心囝囝向學校攪唔掂,但經老師提點後,安樂晒 loo,
囝囝仲收到表揚信tim, 雖然只係象徵式(我估人人都有呢封信),
但囝囝就好興奮,真係好多謝1p班老師

原文章由 lam.mammy 於 08-1-25 11:39 發表
hjm
如果未收到通告, 最好向老師查詢會面時間, 本星期已有通告, 手冊也是說1月26日是家長會.

739#
發表於 08-1-30 22:31 |只看該作者
原文章由 YatYatmommy 於 08-1-30 12:23 發表
hi 各位,
見完老師覺得點呀?
我自己呢就終於可以鬆一口氣,
本來好擔心囝囝向學校攪唔掂,但經老師提點後,安樂晒 loo,
囝囝仲收到表揚信tim, 雖然只係象徵式(我估人人都有呢封信),
但囝囝就好興奮,真係好多謝1p班老師: ...

見老師倒沒什麼, 但評估在很多處都是錯的, 我最清楚孩子, 孩子不會的被評估成會, 孩子很好的又被評估成不會, 這樣的為交待而交待的評估不做也罷.

今天剛背默完中文, 又接到通知要在2月15日背默, 我想跟孩子練習一下, 他說 "No. Not again."

我問了兩位p2家長, 他們都說p1時是完全沒有功課的, 更不用說背默, 他們的意見是, p2的功課比p1多了很多, 當他聽到我說P1有很多功課 (每日一句, my day book, math work sheet, 網上英語和數學), 他們都很奇怪, 其中一個還說, 當初早知pkc有這麼多功課壓力也不會揀pkc, 反正和傳統學校一樣.

請問, 有沒家長有同感?  功課多嗎? 壓力大嗎?

[ 本文章最後由 bjdadishe 於 08-1-30 22:32 編輯 ]

740#
發表於 08-1-31 18:00 |只看該作者
我的個人意見 :

功課不算多 (if compare with those traditional school), 晚上我們還有時間和仔仔一起玩遊戲 & 睇 DVD.

我覺得1B班的評估幾正確, for example, 我仔仔的數學,
數 - 1,
學習 - 3,

我都同意自己最清楚自己的小朋友 ;  仔仔在數方面是不錯的, 但他在上課時的態度, 我不跟他在一起, 也知道他是心散的.

我覺得自己的小朋友每天都開開心心的上學才是最重要的, 同功課量不大有關係吧 ...........

原文章由 bjdadishe 於 08-1-30 22:31 發表

見老師倒沒什麼, 但評估在很多處都是錯的, 我最清楚孩子, 孩子不會的被評估成會, 孩子很好的又被評估成不會, 這樣的為交待而交待的評估不做也罷.

今天剛背默完中文, 又接到通知要在2月15日背默, 我想跟孩子練習 ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖