教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 維多利亞幼稚園
樓主: DaddyMum
go

維多利亞幼稚園 [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 06-12-21 00:48 |只看該作者

Re: 維多利亞幼稚園

Radiomama,

Thanks for your tips on HKBUK. It's very useful for me to make the final desicion  

62#
發表於 06-12-23 15:04 |只看該作者

merry christmas!

anyone know anybody have kids studying at ling liang churh, cwb?
cos my son got accpeted to both this ling liang and victoria, the belcher.
although the 2 kindergarten cannot be compared apple to apple, but still wants to know some comment on both of them.

thks
[img align=left]http://b3.lilypie.com/2YXjp9.png[/img]

63#
發表於 06-12-23 16:06 |只看該作者

They are very different kindergartens.
Ling Liang Church is quite traditional, their kids have good foundation in subject knowledge and are obedient.
Victoria provide the students with good language environment, they stress on thinking skills and have a lively schoollife. Their students are good at speaking fluent English, confident and motivated to solve problems by themselves.

64#
發表於 06-12-24 14:37 |只看該作者

thks beibie

btw, do you have friends who have kids staying at these 2 particular schools? i mean ling liang cwb and victoria the belcher?
how do they feel about the schools?

thks.
[img align=left]http://b3.lilypie.com/2YXjp9.png[/img]

65#
發表於 06-12-25 17:18 |只看該作者

Yes, both.

These are the opinions from my friends.

66#
發表於 06-12-27 15:03 |只看該作者

請問我囡囡揀边間幼稚園好,心水有以下三間?
家住:中西區
有25分

1) 維多利亞(寶翠園): IB課程 or
2) 聖保祿(causeway bay): 一絛龍 or
3) 聖士堤女子中學付屬幼稚園(西區): 一條龍

Thanks !!
妹妹豬 齊來做個好朋友)

67#
發表於 06-12-28 19:03 |只看該作者

zitaeric,

如果3間都收你囡囡, 我會選st stephen girls, 近你住的區, 又是非常好的學校!

radiomama

68#
發表於 06-12-28 19:37 |只看該作者

如果囡囡係文靜型, 但學野快,
咁就應該選St Stephen或聖保祿(學習氣份較嚴肅)
如果係活潑型, 但學野快,
就應該選Victoria.(學習氣份較活潑)

69#
發表於 06-12-30 08:46 |只看該作者

zitaeric

我揀:
1) 聖士堤女子中學付屬幼稚園(西區): 一條龍
2) 聖保祿(causeway bay): 一絛龍
3) 維多利亞(寶翠園): IB課程

70#
發表於 06-12-30 11:10 |只看該作者

Can anyone advise if 聖士堤女子中學付屬幼稚園(西區) is truly a 一條龍?  I found out from the website of 聖士堤女子中學 that they are gov't subsidized school, not private school or direct subsidized school, but I'm not sure for 聖士堤女子primary.  

thanks
daisy17772

71#
發表於 07-1-10 22:29 |只看該作者

My son is now studying in K2 at Victoria Belcher.  The school is good particularly the level of English language.  The children generally can communicate using simple sentence.  In this term, they start to read books by themselves and the progress is satisfactory.

72#
發表於 07-1-17 17:05 |只看該作者

Hi cherubic,

My daugther was born on Jan 2005 so I'll have to apply for kindergarden for her this year.  Victoria is one of my choice.  Nice to see a topic talking about this kindergarden.  

Do you know usually which primary school(s) do the students go?  

Any chance to be accepted by some of the popular school like St. Paul co-ed?

Or the students usually will go to Victoria Primary School?

Sorry for asking so many questions

Bema

73#
發表於 07-1-19 15:48 |只看該作者

Hi Bema,

The result of the primary school allocation can be found in Victoria official website.  In there, you will find that some of the students have been accepted by St Paul co-ed, etc.  Usually a high percentage have chosen to continue in Victoria Primary School.

For this matter, it is really a big dilemma.  Most parents, like me, hope that their children can get a place in traditional famous school.  However, this is only the beginning, and the worst thing is that my child cannot cope with the demanding programme.  Then what I have to do is to find another school.  Therefore the right choice at the beginning is very important.

I have discussed this with some other parents, and it is quite clear to me that Victoria Primary School is the first choice for my son.  Not because Victoria is more easy than the others, the most important is that I am not willing to deprive my son's opportunity of exposure to the bilingual environment of Victoria given that it is really effective.

Therefore, some of the parents, like me, will not even try to apply for famous primary school (it is a time consuming process if eventually you do not need it).

I think it is the quality of the kindergarten that most matters.

Cherubic

74#
發表於 07-1-19 19:44 |只看該作者

Dear Cherubic,

Thank you so much for your reply.  I'm so worried that you won't come back to this topic again.

I've browsed at Victoria's website many times and didn't notice that there is a result of the primary school allocation.  Thanks for your advise.

But now here comes another questions.  School fees.  I've read comments from other website, they said Victoria Primary School is a good one, but in order to study there, one at least need to spend around $10,000/month.  $5,XXX for school fees, a few thousands as extra-cirricular fee and may be a thousand for school bus fee etc.... That scares me.  What do you think?  Is it true that one should spend that much?

And also Victoria is using IB program (sorry if I use a wrong name), does that mean students from there don't take HKCEE and will eventually study abroad?

Sorry to bother you again but I really need someone to discuss with :wink: THANKS!

Bema

75#
發表於 07-1-21 18:15 |只看該作者

Hi Bema,

The primary allocation result can be found under "Nursery & kindergarten", and then click "primary allocation".  Four years' results are shown there.

Yes.  The school fee is a great concern (so I am now working hard to earn more money !).  The school fee, lunch and school bus fee are fixed and it is up to you on the extra curriculum activities.

Yes.  The students will not take the HKCEE.  If they want to apply for HKU then they have to follow the non-jupas route, and I find that the percentage of non-jupas entry is increasing each year.  That means the chance of getting a place in HKU will not be low if the student is really good.

You also can place your child to a traditional secondary school after completion of the primary school in Victoria.  They will allow the students to take part in the usual secondary allocation, and the good ones will go to Band 1 school and so on.

My plan is to give the best education to my son within my ability.  There is no universal formula to follow.  You need to understand you child's strengths and weaknesses.  

cherubic

76#
發表於 07-2-4 21:49 |只看該作者

我個女今年報

醒目開學勳章

77#
發表於 07-2-4 22:16 |只看該作者

一年好似係12個月,
包左茶點,美勞同雜費連生日強榚都包,但唔包書簿(幾百元一學期)同圖書館借用費(150/TERM)

我囡囡舊年8月開始讀PN,OK架,D老師幾NICE,仲教佢地自己著鞋咩書包,不過佢考到另一間,K.1會轉校LU!

我有全套女裝校服出讓
包括:
2件夏天校裙,冷氣褸,
書包,
夏天P E 衫及裙褲;
一件冬天校裙,一件恤衫,
一套冬天PE衫,
一件2合一(外褸連抓毛內膽)風褸(但係無校褸,用哩件代,因為件校褸老土,同埋條領太大,我嫌佢唔暖)

有興趣可PM我!

78#
發表於 07-2-4 22:48 |只看該作者

candietweety 寫道:
一年好似係12個月,
包左茶點,美勞同雜費連生日強榚都包,但唔包書簿(幾百元一學期)同圖書館借用費(150/TERM)

我囡囡舊年8月開始讀PN,OK架,D老師幾NICE,仲教佢地自己著鞋咩書包,不過佢考到另一間,K.1會轉校LU!

我有全套女裝校服出讓
包括:
2件夏天校裙,冷氣褸,
書包,
夏天P E 衫及裙褲;
一件冬天校裙,一件恤衫,
一套冬天PE衫,
一件2合一(外褸連抓毛內膽)風褸(但係無校褸,用哩件代,因為件校褸老土,同埋條領太大,我嫌佢唔暖)

有興趣可PM我!

candietweety,

好多謝你回應。想問你個囡讀邊間Victoria?我囡囡報

醒目開學勳章

79#
發表於 07-2-4 23:07 |只看該作者

我囡囡讀海峰園,因為銅鑼灣係無pn嘅,

我囡囡係細碼,我估都真係未必岩,佢果套係2號架,冬天3號,
雖然都好大,不過我諗你真係訂校服時佢地有齊size你度!你度完再決定啦!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題