搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 再有人打擊我為女兒選讀國際學校的決定 ...
樓主: play
go

再有人打擊我為女兒選讀國際學校的決定 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 07-4-18 21:26 |只看該作者

Re: 再有人打擊我為女兒選讀國際學校的決定

This Monday I had a chance to share my view on education with two parents in my son’s school.  One of them got two children.  Her elder daughter studies in a famous local girls’ Sec. School while her younger son studies in an IS.  She said she always has conflicts with her 13-year-old daughter concerning her homework & exams.  She has already submitted an application in our school for her but still hasn't been given an interview yet.  I was also told that one of her daughter’s classmates said to some friends that she felt very depressed about the pressure on the exams & competitions in the school & wanted to die.  Finally, that girl ended her life by committing suicide on a high rise last year.   

I’m so sorry to have shared this unpleasant thread here.  I don’t mean to convince anyone to choose IS but just want to share a true story with you all after reading Ruby’s thread.

Saturn.

chingyu 寫道:
yes... I love to read Ruby's sharing

[quote]
Ruby1219 寫道:
旻旻&思思,

I feel so sad for you. Your situation is really 'sticky', cos' the consensus between parents is very important for child's education.

When my son was applying for K.1, my husband also disagreed with me to put him into IS (although not as strong as your husband I think). But after I discussed with him the pros and cons, and brought him to visit the international school. He changed his mind.

From the visit (an int'l kindergarten), he saw the lively learning environment and the happy kids. Which really moved him.

Also, I asked him a fundamental question : What's your most important criteria for your kid's education ? We both agree that we want our son to be happy at learning. That's the most important. So, the conclusion of choosing IS is so natural and logical.

Also, I said we have to trade off our family time and even relationship if we choose local school for my son. From my sister's case, we can see that they spend almost all weekends and holidays on homework, dictations, tests, exams, etc. And they have fights when the pressure comes !

Now, my son is in P.2. He's been spending his last 4-5 years in international schools and our whole family is happy and proud for making the right choice.

Hope this would help.

Ruby

[quote]
旻旻&思思 寫道:
好多謝你地,但我點諗都諗唔掂
如果我自己比哂IS既學費,咁我小朋友就要放棄哂佢好鐘意既學外活動班,好似畫畫。。。。我老公係好反對IS收咁貴,所以佢覺得係『呃錢』
再同佢商討只會變成吵架。。。。
覺得對我的孩子很抱歉
[/quote][/quote]

82#
發表於 07-4-19 11:23 |只看該作者

"你自己亦都要調節一下個人思想,
唔好諗住係因為要遷就丈夫,作出這個決定,而耿耿於懷。"

But why in order to live in harmony, to have a happy family, the wife has to follow her man's decision?  Why didn't someone tell the man that in order to live in harmony, to have a happy family, he should follow his woman's decision?  And why, at the end, it is the daughter who has to be sacrificed?

83#
發表於 07-4-19 11:43 |只看該作者

I think針沒有兩頭利, if you want your daughter to learn fluent Enlgish and IS is your own choice.  Even most of the IS will offer Mandarin class for student. If you think it is not enough and then you can take some after school class to learn Mandarin for her.

Two years ago, I have some experienced of your case.  My daugher was studied at Primary local school and she was accepted by "Tak Nga Secondary School" which all my relative told me that it is a very good school and I have to take it.  However, I was planning to let her to study IS instead.  All my relatives was objected my decided.  I feel so sad and upset what they said.
At last, I choose IS.  Now my daughter is doing quite well and very happy with her school life at IS.  She got quite lot of friends  from different countries.  I have no regret to send my daughter to IS intead of local school.  

I would prefer my daugher to study at IS started from Kindergarten as she has came across a lot of problem in finding IS.  Most of IS will not accept her as she can't speak English and listen what people said.  She need to study at IS for ESL program for first year and then moved back to the Language arts after one year and the choice of IS which offered ESL program is very limited in HK. most of the IS will not offered ESL program to the student and they need your children 's English level is the same as native speaker.  I think if once you choose IS and then you must let her to study at IS and it is difficult to swift back to local school and I think she will not be happy with the style / school life of  local school and which she has already adapted to the IS.

The class size is very small (just 20-24 student in one class), the teacher can take care everyone in the class .  In this Easter holiday, her homeroom teacher brought a easter egg for whole class. It cost around 15 dollars each.  I am not talking about the money and I think it is showing how caring the teacher toward to the student.   Also, If you have any problem in your homework, they are very willing to help you after school.  

That's my own opinion and I hope it can help you to choose.

84#
發表於 07-4-19 11:45 |只看該作者

85#
發表於 07-4-19 11:46 |只看該作者

I think針沒有兩頭利, if you want your daughter to learn fluent Enlgish and IS is your own choice.  Most of the IS will offer Mandarin class for student. If you think it is not enough and then you can take some after school class to learn Mandarin for her.

Two years ago, I have some experienced of your case.  My daugher was studied at Primary local school and she was accepted by "Tak Nga Secondary School" which all my relative told me that it is a very good school and I have to take it.  However, I was planning to let her to study IS instead.  All my relatives was objected my decided.  I feel so sad and upset what they said.
At last, I choose IS.  Now my daughter is doing quite well and very happy with her school life at IS.  She got quite lot of friends  from different countries.  I have no regret to send my daughter to IS intead of local school.  

I would prefer my daugher to study at IS started from Kindergarten as she has came across a lot of problem in finding IS.  Most of IS will not accept her as she can't speak English and listen what people said.  She need to study at IS for ESL program for first year and then moved back to the Language arts after one year and the choice of IS which offered ESL program is very limited in HK. most of the IS will not offered ESL program to the student and they need your children 's English level is the same as native speaker.  I think if once you choose IS and then you must let her to study at IS and it is difficult to swift back to local school and I think she will not be happy with the style / school life of  local school and which she has already adapted to the IS.

The class size is very small (just 20-24 student in one class), the teacher can take care everyone in the class .  In this Easter holiday, her homeroom teacher brought a easter egg for whole class. It cost around 15 dollars each.  I am not talking about the money and I think it is showing how caring the teacher toward to the student.   Also, If you have any problem in your homework, they are very willing to help you after school.  

86#
發表於 07-4-19 11:47 |只看該作者

I think針沒有兩頭利, if you want your daughter to learn fluent Enlgish and IS is your own choice.  Most of the IS will offer Mandarin class for student. If you think it is not enough and then you can take some after school class to learn Mandarin for her.

87#
發表於 07-4-19 13:32 |只看該作者

*I would prefer my daugher to study at IS started from Kindergarten as she has came across a lot of problem in finding IS. Most of IS will not accept her as she can't speak English and listen what people said.*

I've got another thought. Your daughter has better foundation in Chinese during her primary study in a local school. Even though it is difficult to be admitted to secondary IS, she finally succeeded. In the long run, her English proficiency will be more or less as high as other classmates'. It means that she can manage both Chinese and English effectively. Hence, you choice is correct. Well done!   

88#
發表於 07-4-19 13:48 |只看該作者

Dear Sandy833,

Pls. check PM.

evatsoi

Sandy833 寫道:
I think針沒有兩頭利, if you want your daughter to learn fluent Enlgish and IS is your own choice.  Even most of the IS will offer Mandarin class for student. If you think it is not enough and then you can take some after school class to learn Mandarin for her.

89#
發表於 07-4-19 14:13 |只看該作者

Sandy833;
Hi; my daughter is study in local school P.5,can you tell me which IS has ESL course,and really can upgrade their english .How about Delia of Canada ?is it good? And which IS does ur kids study now?
thanks a lot!

90#
發表於 07-4-19 14:38 |只看該作者

yes, my daughter is now studied at Delia school of Canada in Grade 8.  I must say that the teacher and the student are very good and friendly.  I have applied for few IS for Grade 7. However, none of them will consider my daughter except DSC.  I think that DSC is a stepping stone for student swift from primary local school to IS.

91#
發表於 07-4-19 15:21 |只看該作者

Dear evatsoihk,

I am sorry that I can not locate the PM.  I would appreciate if you could let me know how to retrieve the PM as I have used this function before.  

Thanks !

92#
發表於 07-4-19 15:55 |只看該作者

Dear Sandy833:
My case is similar to you!
your kid is in  kln tong or tai koo shing campus?
  ESL course is useful or not?
can improve ur kids english ?
How about their academic and discipline?
thank you so much for ur help?

93#
發表於 07-4-19 16:53 |只看該作者

Dear Chisty,

My daughter is in TaiKooshing campus.  ESL program is very useful.  She has studies one year at ESL program and then moved back to LA class.  She can speak fluent English with both teacher and classmate.  However, her reading is not quite good and need to read more books to improve.  I understand that she has not read English book when she is in local primary school.
I can not compare DSC with the other IS as I have no idea.  DSC is quite disciplined.  When they are attended class.  The student will not talking and only listen to the teacher (I heard from my daugher about this and I feel quite surprised and unbelievable).  She got a lot of friend which is now studying at local school.  They told my daughter that they always talking, playing and sleeping while attend classes.  But sometimes the teacher will have chat with them and have party with them (sometimes they have pizza party).  Her homeroom teacher will buy them a doughnut and put it on the table in the early morning in their birthday.  If you want to know more please feel free to let me know.  May I know how old is your kid and which campus ?

94#
發表於 07-4-19 17:18 |只看該作者

snchiu 寫道:
"你自己亦都要調節一下個人思想,
唔好諗住係因為要遷就丈夫,作出這個決定,而耿耿於懷。"

But why in order to live in harmony, to have a happy family, the wife has to follow her man's decision?  Why didn't someone tell the man that in order to live in harmony, to have a happy family, he should follow his woman's decision?  And why, at the end, it is the daughter who has to be sacrificed?

我的意見係 for 樓主的,
並唔代表 generally 妻子要聽丈夫話,
你咁講對我好唔公道,
而我亦覺得反而你好 concious "妻子 vs 丈夫" ,
其實你真係諗多了,
如果樓主係男人,我一樣會有同一個建議,
因為我覺得,不論男女,同配偶死撐到底唔係一個好方法。

我亦唔覺得係 sacrifice 孩子。
其實,可能樓主丈夫眼中,讀國際學校先係 sacrifice。

95#
發表於 07-4-19 18:09 |只看該作者

Dear Sandy833;
many many thanks you for ur  help !
my kid is still study at local school at P.5,I still apply for some IS.
1)Do u know that kln tong campus is good or not cos I live in kln side!
2) would u change to  another more famous IS when her english ability is reach their standard  !
Sorry!I have so many questions!!!!

96#
發表於 07-4-19 22:49 |只看該作者

I know that KLN Tong campus only offered PG1 to P6.  If you want to study Form 1 which is Grade 7 and you need to study at Taikooshing campus.  I prefered Taikooshing campus because the campus size is bigger than KLN Tong campus.  
I also lived in KLN side.  It is very convenienced.  My daughter takes MTR only half hour to arrive school.  DSC started from PG1 to Grade 8 and then they will be graduated from elemetary section.  Grade 9 to Grade 12 belonged to Secondary school.  My daugher will be going to CAIS in Grade 9.   My daughter told me that she has enjoyed to study at IS than local school.   I will not comment IS or local school which one is better.  I think everyone have their right to choose the best way for their kid because we are the mother of the kid.     
該用戶已被刪除

97#
發表於 07-4-19 23:46 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

98#
發表於 07-4-25 21:08 |只看該作者

Ello~
Actually, are u talking about Chan's Creative School? (啟基)
If yes, I can help you because I was studying in CCS from grade 1 to grade 6. For me, I think that the english quality is kind of low. When you get to other local school in Hong Kong. your daughter will pick up so slow because CCS is teaching stuff too easy but CCS is a really creative school and they encouraged students to read and participate after-school activities. It is depends on you! I am grade 8 right now at IS but actually, no school will accept student (IS)when your english level is low. CCS can't really help with that even though they have phonics class and native english teacher. First, I chose Delia School of Canada in Taikoo Shing, because they have ESL course (English as a second language course) to help student to improve their english abilities. After two years, I can change to other international school because I have improved and I found out that CCS is not a good school.

99#
發表於 07-4-25 21:24 |只看該作者

I have similar experienced before.  My husband is also not willing (but not very strong) to have my daughter to study at IS.  However, I have made up my mind and now my daugher is studied at IS for 2 years.  He is now totally agreed with me because my daughter is doing quite well and enjoyed her school life very much.  
I think it is better to take your husband to visit the school and talk to those relative that they have kids to study at IS.  I think your husband will change his mind after hearing what the people say and what he saw from IS.  
I got some friend.  Their kid is now graduated from the University.  They told me that their kid also accepted by the HK university after finished high school at IS.  However, they prefer to study in UK university rather than local university.  That means you can also have chance to study at HK university. That's the benefit of studying at IS.

100#
發表於 07-4-26 07:12 |只看該作者

I think the problem is not whether you choose IS for your child or not, it is whether you choose to stay with this husband!

From what you wrote in the above, I could say he is an ultra-selfish person!  

Oh....Dear...
旻旻&思思 寫道:
好多謝你地
如果我可以有個同樣認同IS既老公,咁就好啦,可惜唔係,佢覺得緊係要讀唔駛錢既學校,佢話明明唔駛錢都唔讀,走去比幾千蚊一個月讀IS或私校,我一路都有同佢講過IS同LOCAL SCHOOL既分別,亦同佢去一間IS既OPEN DAY睇過、、、、佢竟然係個HALL到人地介紹緊學校時訓左覺,到人地同我地去參觀D設施時,佢話好悶要走先 最後我自己睇完間學校,佢地亦接受左我既入學申請
其實我可以堅持送我小朋友讀呢間IS,只要全部學費同支出我比哂,而我又要放棄幾個我小朋友上緊既跳舞同畫畫班,佢如果唔鐘意D班都話,但佢又好鐘意,我一個人既收入又比唔倒咁多,唔係唔得,係辛苦D去維持咁比D錢出去,而家都仲OK,但唔知遲D加下又加下D學費咁我就好難維持
你地真係好好,好多謝你地既安慰,可能最終我都要放棄IS,但我都希望你地既小朋友讀得開開心心

係呢,想請問如果我有能力比倒我小朋友讀IS,請問比佢地係邊度學中文好?有無介紹?同埋要幾多錢倒?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題