用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 根德園幼稚園 08/09年度 K1A 上午班 (KENT RD.) 報到!!
樓主: kattang
go

08/09年度 K1A 上午班 (KENT RD.) 報到!! [複製鏈接]

121#
發表於 08-9-26 15:09 |只看該作者
Weewee & Prestonmom,

I just had my 1st lesson last Saturday. It is very different from the Little Mozart course at 柏斯. At tomlee, all students sit in front of an organ (電子琴) with their parents. The teacher will play the CD and ask the students to follow her actions (like waving hands, pointing fingers, clapping hands etc). This course has a set of CD and textbooks. Our teacher reminds us to 'revise' the songs she played and actions we've done during the class.

i think it really depends on the teachers. If she's good and 俾心機, the kids will love the class. Otherwise, it'll be quite boring. (i got 2 fds who studied the course before and they said their kids were bored and moved around during class.)

原帖由 weewee 於 08-9-26 09:36 發表
marywmf & imjackie,

May I know how's the class in tomlee? 'cos Him Him will attend the class in coming Oct as he's not reached the age of 3 at the moment. Are the students required to sit back and li ...

122#
發表於 08-9-27 23:51 |只看該作者
thank u ! marywmf. I really hope music wonderful would be more fun..as i knew Little mozart has homework  and concentrate on music theory.  It is not my son's cup of tea.  

Hi weewee,

i finally found out why my son always mentions Himhim... Ms So asked Himhim to follow Preston when he queues up for school bus, and Preston will look after him.   No wonder Preston feels he is a big boy now.   

原帖由 marywmf 於 08-9-26 15:09 發表
Weewee & Prestonmom,

I just had my 1st lesson last Saturday. It is very different from the Little Mozart course at 柏斯. At tomlee, all students sit in front of an organ (電子琴) with their parents.  ...

123#
發表於 08-9-28 00:58 |只看該作者
Hi, everybody.  When I talked to Pak Yin about student names in his class, he looks very happy.  He told me that "yes", he/she is in K1A.  It seems he remember them.  Everyday, he can tell me what happen in the school, e.g. watch TV - maisy, jet jet, barney or hello kitty.  But one thing he is not happy - he is in banana group.  Actually he doesn't like banana whereas he likes apple very much but ....... he is not apple group.  Do you know where is the good place to learn "Mandarin"?  As I know most of them are only available for minimum 4 years old.  Now, Pak Yin only has painting and English class on Saturday morning.  Are you all full time mama?

124#
發表於 08-9-28 20:18 |只看該作者
Littlepau,

it's so amazing that our kids remember so many things after 3-week time.

yes, i'm a full time mom. how about you?

原帖由 LittlePau 於 08-9-28 00:58 發表
Hi, everybody.  When I talked to Pak Yin about student names in his class, he looks very happy.  He told me that "yes", he/she is in K1A.  It seems he remember them.  Everyday, he can tell me what hap ...

125#
發表於 08-9-29 09:11 |只看該作者
PrestonMom,

That's really great! I guess Him Him's kind of small in size (he's just reached 90cm now:;pppp: ), so that'd be good if there is a big boy to look after him at school bus.
原帖由 PRESTONMOM 於 08-9-27 23:51 發表
thank u ! marywmf. I really hope music wonderful would be more fun..as i knew Little mozart has homework  and concentrate on music theory.  It is not my son's cup of tea.  

Hi weewee,

i finally foun ...

126#
發表於 08-9-29 09:15 |只看該作者
LittlePau,

It's good that you can be a full-time mom. I always think that we have too little time to be with Him Him when we need to go to work in weekdays. So, we just try to squeeze all the time with him during weekends.
原帖由 LittlePau 於 08-9-28 00:58 發表
Hi, everybody.  When I talked to Pak Yin about student names in his class, he looks very happy.  He told me that "yes", he/she is in K1A.  It seems he remember them.  Everyday, he can tell me what hap ...

127#
發表於 08-9-29 09:18 |只看該作者
Yes, when we ate in a Chinese restaurant, Him Him picked up a spoon, put it in a horizontal position and told me that it's 中國一, it's really amazing to practice what he knew...haha

128#
發表於 08-9-29 10:29 |只看該作者
hi all mami...sorry for the late reply....as we went to Taipei from Friday for 3 days... i just mentioned in the handbook that "need to take a holiday on Friday" without any reason...as i m afraid KV will not allow....hehe....

back to tomlee's course...actually, Tungtung join this course before 3 years old. we joined more than 6 months...

For Tungtung, she enjoys so much, as during the lesson, she sing and dance and play the piano (a little only)..but for me, i feel boring...so, i will ask dady to attend with her sometimes then, i can take a rest...haha

after the first stage of tomlee's course, i want to give-up. But i asked Tungtung, whether she still want to join, she said "yes"...so, i applied the 2nd stage for her again....let see, whether we can finish the whole..

Hi Marywmf, where does Adrian attend the Tomlee's course? Tungtung also attend on Saturday at Megobox 10-11am.

Also, she is joing the English course at ESF, Saturday 2-5pm. During the course, she learns as similar as at normal kindergarten (i guess), eg. play, painting, story time and tea time. the different is all in English and the teacher is foreigner. Tungtung also enjoy so much.
But i just think whether any other English course can be attended instead of spending 3 hours on Saturday.

129#
發表於 08-9-29 11:26 |只看該作者
Hi iamjackie,

Thanks for your detail information.
I think i better to call Tom Lee again to see when exactly the course will start for Preston.  I have Preston on the waitlist at Mega Box and TKO.
Preston did tell me Tung Tung was absent on Friday..Do you know Tung Tung is sitting next to Preston?

Preston also attends an English playgroup at Hung Hom every Saturday called Candanian Workshop. Preston likes going there because occasionally they have cooking classes, but not always.

原帖由 iamjackie 於 08-9-29 10:29 發表
hi all mami...sorry for the late reply....as we went to Taipei from Friday for 3 days... i just mentioned in the handbook that "need to take a holiday on Friday" without any reason...as i m afraid KV  ...

130#
發表於 08-9-29 12:09 |只看該作者
Hi Prestonmon,

Preston is so clever, he could talk to you that Tungtung is absent last Friday...haha
Tungtung's teacher at megabox is quite good, Miss Ha, she is so nice..i saw most of the children also like her much (during the class)..
can you email me more details of the english course at Hunghom..as i live in Tokwawan, it's also near us...

原帖由 PRESTONMOM 於 08-9-29 11:26 發表
Hi iamjackie,

I think i better to call Tom Lee again to see when exactly the course will start for Preston.  I have Preston on the waitlist at Mega Box and TKO.
Pr ...

131#
發表於 08-9-29 12:29 |只看該作者
also, Tungtung sit the first seat near the door...
so i guess whether Preston is sitting next to her...
does Preston back to school early everydays? as i saw one cute boy who always arrive before 8:30. and when i talked to Tungtung, he must look at us and talk together....

原帖由 PRESTONMOM 於 08-9-29 11:26 發表
Hi iamjackie,

Pr ...

132#
發表於 08-9-29 16:15 |只看該作者
iamjackie,

Adrian goes to the TL at TKO every Sat from 5pm to 6pm. He just had 2 lessons so far. He doesn't pay full attention. He loves to look around and does not follow the teacher's instructions. He is driving me crazy!!!
How's the ESF course? Is it good? I agree. i prefer courses taken place on weekdays. but it's really difficult to find a good one!!!
btw, do you bring tungtung to KV every morning? maybe we met before! around what time do you arrive school?

prestonmom,
I'm also interested in the Canadian workshop and want to know more details about it. Cooking class sounds fun. do you know if they have a website?

littlepau,
I heard Tutortime got Mandarin courses for small kids. you could call them and ask for details.

133#
發表於 08-9-29 16:36 |只看該作者
Hi Maryemf,

No, Tungtung take school bus everydays. Just some days, if she cant, then i will bring her back...but not often...

ESF is quite good but just dont want to have 3 hrs course during Saturday with one lesson only, expensive ($450) and no more time to go for other course...

Weekday, i need to go to work, so, i dont feel comfortable if Tungtung go for learning with maid as she still "out of control" sometimes...
so, during weekday, she just attend the course near our home....

原帖由 marywmf 於 08-9-29 16:15 發表
iamjackie,

Adrian goes to the TL at TKO every Sat from 5pm to 6pm. He just had 2 lessons so far. He doesn't pay full attention. He loves to look around and does not follow the teacher's instructions. ...

134#
發表於 08-9-29 18:20 |只看該作者
Anson hasn't yet attend any courses at the moment as she is a "small B" and I want her to get comfort on KV schedule first.  Therefore, I will bring her to different places in weekend for social education and then read books with her at home.

I am planning to start joining activities from the 2nd semester as most courses start from age 4 only.

135#
發表於 08-9-30 00:21 |只看該作者
Dear Marywmf,

Thanks for your information about Mandarin Course, I will try to call them.  Yes, I am a full time mammy since Pak Yin was borned.  Today, Pak Yin told me that he has learned the word "Nose" in Chinese.  Also, he told me that there is "camera man" at school (informed by teacher).  If they are naughty, teacher will know about it.   Did all mammies send your children to designated clinic to body check about the problem of the milk product?

136#
發表於 08-9-30 09:51 |只看該作者
Hi Kattang,

it's not late to apply any course at 4 yrs old.
as i think Tungtung is a "big girl" borned in Jan. most of the school / people will think she must be more mature and know more than others...
and i dont know how to teach her by myself...that why, i applied some course for her when she just 3 yrs old.

原帖由 kattang 於 08-9-29 18:20 發表
Anson hasn't yet attend any courses at the moment as she is a "small B" and I want her to get comfort on KV schedule first.  Therefore, I will bring her to different places in weekend for social educa ...

137#
發表於 08-9-30 10:03 |只看該作者
Hi Littlepau,

you are so great be a fulltime mami...
as only be a fulltime mami in weekend, i also become "crazy".....

i think i will not bring Tungtung to check as she seldom eat chocolate and she just drink baby milk and some juice only.

why you have such thinking to bring yr child to body check? just play save..

原帖由 LittlePau 於 08-9-30 00:21 發表
Dear Marywmf,

Thanks for your information about Mandarin Course, I will try to call them.  Yes, I am a full time mammy since Pak Yin was borned.  Today, Pak Yin told me that he has learned the word " ...

138#
發表於 08-9-30 10:45 |只看該作者
Hi Marywmf & iamjackie,
I think they do not have a website.  It locates next to Kumon near the Ferry Pier.  The tel. no. is 23331629 and ask for Cindy.  You should check for a free trial lesson first, see if Adrian likes there or not.  They have different courses there.  Th group that Preston joined is called Treasury, it is more fun and game and learning english at the same time.  Because I want Preston to enjoy the class first.

原帖由 marywmf 於 08-9-29 16:15 發表
iamjackie,

Adrian goes to the TL at TKO every Sat from 5pm to 6pm. He just had 2 lessons so far. He doesn't pay full attention. He loves to look around and does not follow the teacher's instructions. ...

[ 本帖最後由 PRESTONMOM 於 08-9-30 11:11 編輯 ]

139#
發表於 08-9-30 11:06 |只看該作者
Hi iamjackie,

Preston takes the school bus to school, it arrives around 830 am....sometimes when he missed the bus...i shall take him to school.    Haha...i am not sure if it is Preston that u met....but he is very talkative. .

原帖由 iamjackie 於 08-9-29 12:29 發表
also, Tungtung sit the first seat near the door...
so i guess whether Preston is sitting next to her...
does Preston back to school early everydays? as i saw one cute boy who always arrive before 8:30 ...

[ 本帖最後由 PRESTONMOM 於 08-9-30 11:08 編輯 ]

140#
發表於 08-9-30 11:27 |只看該作者
Hi iamjackie,
Please check below details of the English playgroup.  
Preston is a "big" boy..and he used to attend full day nursery.  Therefore he could tell me more about his school life..but only when he is in good mood.  Sometimes he drives me mad ....   When he started KV ..he gets bored at the afternoon, he calls me to check on me when i shall return home.  Therefore i need to provide more activities to keep him occupied. Currently, we only joined activities nearby home during weekdays.  If there is a class available at Megabox, we can only join at the weekend..because to work and worried if my helper takes him out for longer distance.
原帖由 iamjackie 於 08-9-29 12:09 發表
Hi Prestonmon,

Preston is so clever, he could talk to you that Tungtung is absent last Friday...haha
Tungtung's teacher at megabox is quite good, Miss Ha, she is so nice..i saw most of the children  ...

[ 本帖最後由 PRESTONMOM 於 08-9-30 11:32 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖