發表於 09-6-28 22:56 |只看該作者
此校英文科已教高一級, 不知道你要求的英文程度如何? 及與怎麼名校比較呢?

原帖由 SAMKWAN424 於 09-6-27 11:00 發表
你好 ,我小兒今年讀小一 ,我怕蘇浙英文程度差,追不上外面名校 , 我想小三左石轉上男拔,可比下意見

122#
發表於 09-6-29 02:34 |只看該作者
原帖由 SAMKWAN424 於 09-6-27 11:00 發表
你好 ,我小兒今年讀小一 ,我怕蘇浙英文程度差,追不上外面名校 , 我想小三左石轉上男拔,可比下意見

It all depends on how you rate this.  I know quite a no of students (mother tongue: English) will choose to study KCS P1.  Their English standard is quite high.  

But I have no idea on the DBS - I believe their standard is very high too as they have a good foundation in English to start off with.

123#
發表於 09-7-7 03:39 |只看該作者
I don't know about the KCS - International Section, but the English of Kiangsu-Chekiang Primary school is at most average. But the Mandarin is no doubt quite famous.

I believe those native english students chose this school only for improving their mandarin.

原帖由 GIPW 於 09-6-29 02:34 發表

It all depends on how you rate this.  I know quite a no of students (mother tongue: English) will choose to study KCS P1.  Their English standard is quite high.  

But I have no idea on the DBS - I  ...

124#
發表於 09-7-14 13:01 |只看該作者
我囝囝嚟緊升小二, 想講講在蘇浙讀的感想, 我覺得最大收穫是他可以講得一口流行普通話, 記得我曾帶他到國內旅行, 他除了可以聽懂國內人的普通話外, 還可以做埋其他唔識講普通話的團友翻譯, 有些人仲讚他的普通話講得很準確, 還以為他在國內讀書TIM
雖然這只是少少的感想,  但我都想跟其他家長分享, 證明我沒有選擇錯誤 - 給囝囝由K1開始在蘇浙讀, 除了普通話外, 其他科目及德行培育方面也不錯哩 !

原帖由 sheepiedad 於 09-7-7 03:39 發表
I don't know about the KCS - International Section, but the English of Kiangsu-Chekiang Primary school is at most average. But the Mandarin is no doubt quite famous.

I believe those native english st ...

125#
發表於 09-7-21 00:25 |只看該作者
原帖由 winniecarson 於 09-7-14 13:01 發表
我囝囝嚟緊升小二, 想講講在蘇浙讀的感想, 我覺得最大收穫是他可以講得一口流行普通話, 記得我曾帶他到國內旅行, 他除了可以聽懂國內人的普通話外, 還可以做埋其他唔識講普通話的團友翻譯, 有些人仲讚他的普通話講得 ...

Hi Winnercarson

Do you know the exam timetable of KCS ?  Is it after Christmas or before Christmas ?

126#
發表於 09-7-21 17:18 |只看該作者

回覆 1# GIPW 的文章

GIPW, I have just asked my niece, it is before X'mas.

127#
發表於 09-7-22 10:52 |只看該作者
winniecarson,

Can you share more about your son in P2 in KCS in other area? I have no doubt on language ability of KCS, but how about other activities?
Sometimes, I doubt if KCS Primary students can have good allocation and good result in choosing secondary schools because of their family background that their parents are willing to pay more and put more resources on them. Or is it really only based on KCS's teaching? I am not sure. Please comment.

128#
發表於 09-8-4 12:13 |只看該作者
囝囝今年(2009)升K3, 據我所知, 9月開始要選小一.

請問蘇小難唔難入??
幾時開始小一interview?? 考d咩??
我囝囝本身好害羞, 佢表達能力沒問題, 但在陌生人面前會不揪不採, interview係咪一定面對面對答??
[img] http://tac.families.com/ezb/932337.png[img]
[img] http://tac.families.com/ezb/932338.png[img]
教養孩童, 使他走當行的道, 就是到老他也不偏離.

129#
發表於 09-8-5 12:16 |只看該作者
我想問問.....蘇小用的中, 英, 數, 常書本的係邊個出版社???

另外, 中文and 數學測試/考試會用乜形式考??
多唔多閱讀理解&文字題?? 亦想問下蘇小的媽媽會點同仔女溫中文and 數學??

因為ar 女理解比較差, 所以想知道蘇小的模式係點.....

130#
發表於 09-8-6 16:07 |只看該作者
此來英文是用LONGMAN, 中文&數學要CHECK CHECK先! 中文, 常識及數學唔難, 我同小朋友溫中文都係用廣東話, 因為唔及佢老師講得正, 但可放心佢地會識轉番普通話架! 其實蘇浙好傳統, 千其唔好同宜家的UPDATE 小學比, 因為無論設施及活動都無得比, 但勝在用純正普通話教學,因為出面好多學校的普通話老師都係好普通咋。參加課外活動唔駛錢, 不過都係一D好GENERAL嘅ACTIVITIES囉!可以JOIN ENGLISH CLUB但又收費不過都係$400(唔知有冇記錯) , 蘇浙一D都冇商業化嘅感覺, 除咗學費就冇其他特別收費, 算係幾好的一個POINT. 仲有一班都係22人倒算是小班教學, 老師都友善及照顧學生, 你地仲想知有關此校乜野資料, 可再問我, 我知道都會答你地嘅!

原帖由 tingting_mum 於 09-8-5 12:16 發表
我想問問.....蘇小用的中, 英, 數, 常書本的係邊個出版社???

另外, 中文and 數學測試/考試會用乜形式考??
多唔多閱讀理解&文字題?? 亦想問下蘇小的媽媽會點同仔女溫中文and 數學??

因為ar 女理解比較差, 所以想知 ...

131#
發表於 09-8-6 18:00 |只看該作者

回覆 130# winniecarson 的文章

Hi Winniecarson,  please help me as I don't know whether I should let my son to study P1 at KCS.  He is now studying at KCS-K3.  

(1) Is there a lot of homework?  I am planning to enroll him to P1 AM, not full day school.  Would it be too stressful?
If full day school, will the kids finish most homeworks at school then?  I know there are 3 tests and 3 exams each year.  Much more than other schools.

(2) Aside from English, are all textbooks in Chinese?  What about Maths?  Coz I know some schools use English Math books but teach in Chinese.

(3) I am not good at Chinese and I am really scared that I can't handle my son's academic requirements.  I am so scared that I can't coach him on his schoolworks.  Do you need to sacrifice a lot of time to look after you kids' homework?

Thanks so much for your help.

132#
發表於 09-8-6 23:59 |只看該作者
Hi BoBee,

My son is going to study in P2 AM class on coming school term. When he was in P1, he finished his homework himself in 2-3 hours. As I am a working mother; I just checked his homework and helped him to study dictation and exam after my worked. I know that there have 10 mines for students to do homework after school.

They are using Chinese text book of Maths but all subjects except English are teaching with Chinese (普通話). The culture of this school is so traditional style with insufficient outdoors activities for student. That’s so weak!

Anyway, it is a nice school for kids to study. My son enjoyed his study of P1 very much !

原帖由 bobee 於 09-8-6 18:00 發表
Hi Winniecarson,  please help me as I don't know whether I should let my son to study P1 at KCS.  He is now studying at KCS-K3.  

(1) Is there a lot of homework?  I am planning to enroll him to P1 AM ...

133#
發表於 09-8-7 11:28 |只看該作者

回覆 132# winniecarson 的文章

Thanks Winniecarson for your quick reply.  I just hope I can handle the stress as I know there are many tests/exams at KCS.  Frankly, I am not that kind of moms who would sit down and study with the kids.  It's really tiring after work.

134#
發表於 09-8-7 16:01 |只看該作者
Hi BoBee,

If your kid would take the initiative in study that it is fine. Otherwise, parents have to take lots of time to study with him but not only for KCS's students.
I think that there is less stressful for kids to study than other school. Anyway, you should think more about the educational objective of KCS whether meet the needs and wants of your kid.

THis is only my opinion .Hope that it could be help you to make decision for your kid.

If you want to know more about this school, please let me know again. I would appreciate answering for you as much as I can. ^.^

原帖由 bobee 於 09-8-7 11:28 發表
Thanks Winniecarson for your quick reply.  I just hope I can handle the stress as I know there are many tests/exams at KCS.  Frankly, I am not that kind of moms who would sit down and study with the k ...

135#
發表於 09-8-7 17:48 |只看該作者

回覆 134# winniecarson 的文章

Thanks Winniecarson for your advice.  It really helps.

I enrolled my boy to this school coz I want him to learn fluent Mandarin.  No doubt, KCS is extremely strong in this.  However, when viewing the curriculum, I am quite concern about the lack of extracurriculum.  I still want my boy to have adequate sports and music activities which the school can support.  But I am afraid KCS only concentrates on academic.  

By the way, the time when you chose the school for your kid, did you consider other schools too?  What's your rationale choosing KCS?  For that amount of tuition fees, you actually have other choices.  It would be very nice if you could share some of your views.  

I am thinking of HKUGP, Po Leung Kuk Camoes 保良局陳守仁小學, St. Paul's College.  I'm afraid HKUGP might be too Cantonese-based, but the extracurriculum is excellent.  Po Leung Ku well fits my boy but it's so difficult to get in.  Sometimes, I just wanted to give up and let my boy enters the government allocation system.  But I keep on telling myself, don't be that lazy.

Thanks!

136#
發表於 09-8-8 08:04 |只看該作者
原帖由 winniecarson 於 09-7-14 13:01 發表
我囝囝嚟緊升小二, 想講講在蘇浙讀的感想, 我覺得最大收穫是他可以講得一口流行普通話, 記得我曾帶他到國內旅行, 他除了可以聽懂國內人的普通話外, 還可以做埋其他唔識講普通話的團友翻譯, 有些人仲讚他的普通話講得 ...

係呀...我女K1-K3都係讀蘇幼....K2個年我地去海南島...都係靠佢炸....

137#
發表於 09-8-8 12:09 |只看該作者
My son allocated a seat in Hennessy Govt school by central allocation system but finally we chose KCS for him as I want him to study in fluent Mandarin's envirnoment. If your kid would have another seat in some famour school that you may consider them. 陳守仁 is also my favorite school but it is too far from our home. KCS is a good primary school but really not  enough extracurricular activities for their students.  

原帖由 bobee 於 09-8-7 17:48 發表
Thanks Winniecarson for your advice.  It really helps.

I enrolled my boy to this school coz I want him to learn fluent Mandarin.  No doubt, KCS is extremely strong in this.  However, when viewing the ...

138#
發表於 09-8-8 12:12 |只看該作者
呢個就係蘇浙學校成功嘅地方"所以學生都可以講一口流行普通話"

原帖由 joeytcy 於 09-8-8 08:04 發表

係呀...我女K1-K3都係讀蘇幼....K2個年我地去海南島...都係靠佢炸....

139#
發表於 09-8-8 18:25 |只看該作者

回覆 138# winniecarson 的文章

if it's just for fluent Mandarin, I won't be that lost.  I really don't want to sacrific my son's extra-curriculum and purely concentrate on academic...but for his future, he really needs to know Mandarin....WAAAA, so lost now...

Winniecarson, I really admire your determination in giving up Hennessy's.  I know this is a very good school too.  Thanks for your guidance and will seek for your advice later.

140#
發表於 09-8-9 21:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 bobee 於 09-8-8 18:25 發表
if it's just for fluent Mandarin, I won't be that lost.  I really don't want to sacrific my son's extra-curriculum and purely concentrate on academic...but for his future, he really needs to know Mand ...

Hi all

Just to give you my thought of choosing KCS.  My girl will be in P1 in the coming sept.  She had a few offer in hands both private and DSS.

First of all, I eliminated all the english speaking school, as I want her to have a strong foundation in Chinese.  I discover that if kids do not learn Chinese in their earlyhood, most of the them will be reluctant to learn them in the later stage.  Imagine, it is easier to spell "apple" "ant" than to write those words in Chinese character.  
I will let the school do the Chinese and I will give her English lesson outside.

I do not know how important that Chinese will become in 15 years of time.  But be prepared than sorrow.  How many Chinese company will be on the Fortune 500 ?   

But one drawback of KCS is their extra circullum activities.  What I will do for the girl is to let her join the outside activities.  They can't have a lot of activities when they are in a higher stage.  So the activities will be limited down.  So if the school has already given them a strict academic life, so the afterschool activities will be more on sport (that is for me) so that she will have a more balanced life.  Unless she refused.  

As for the orchester, I think what I will do is to let her to good in one instrument and then if she is interested or talent, I will let her join some outside organisation.  I have not figured out how this will work but maybe if you have any info, we can discuss here.

Well I am glad we have a group of devoted mum here, our children sure can much to learn from each other.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題