密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 SSCPS P1 RESULT
樓主: Longan
go

SSCPS P1 RESULT [複製鏈接]

121#
發表於 09-11-11 12:25 |只看該作者
I m really confused now.......... so the letters have been all sent out or not????

122#
發表於 09-11-11 12:43 |只看該作者
cmchang0927,

The acceptance letter have been all sent out.

原帖由 cmchang0927 於 09-11-11 12:25 發表
I m really confused now.......... so the letters have been all sent out or not????

123#
發表於 09-11-11 12:53 |只看該作者
Thank you........................

原帖由 JustinJustin 於 09-11-11 12:43 發表
cmchang0927,

The acceptance letter have been all sent out.

124#
發表於 09-11-11 13:06 |只看該作者
Don't worry, If SSCPS is your dream school, do write to principal.

原帖由 cmchang0927 於 09-11-11 12:53 發表
Thank you........................

125#
發表於 09-11-11 13:07 |只看該作者
Dear Littlemak,

I think English is better as the medium of instruction for St Stephen is English.

Don't think too much! Last year my son's  interview was in Cantonese only.  After 2 months in St Stephen, he builds up his vocab and speaks well in PTH.  He always feels confident to talk to foreigners.  So I think I did the right choice.:)

原帖由 littlemak 於 09-11-11 11:55 發表
Thank you very much, Yonniewong,

Should I write the letter in Chinese or English better?

My son's first "resume letter" was written in Chinese, would it be a factor that he failed in the first round ...

126#
發表於 09-11-11 13:42 |只看該作者
Shusiusiu, same case as you, my girl got accepted and we live in western district.  We got the impression that the school bus service does not extend to Kennedy Town, but will definately check with the school, otherwise we may think about transit or moving house...

What I'm impressed about SSCPS, enviroment, all-rounded teaching programme etc, the most important thing is their programme is between IB and tradition, they are not at all losing like IB programme but in the same time they are not demanding on homeworks, and kids will not be discriminate because they are not ranking the best in school.  As a mother, I really dont want to put my girl to the tradition school under the duck-stuffing programme everyday is just to catch up homework/assignments and tests.  I want my girl to have enjoyable school life and developed to be a confident person, with problem-solving skill and good interpersonal skill instead of having the ability to finish assignment like a robot!

My in-law is making some noise right now, saying it is a noble school and not suitable for my girl.  I wont argue with them as they dont understand half-day programme is not definately mean more time to communcation between kid/parent, it only means that kid will need to go to another school in the afternoon to do homework and prepare for test...I'm the mother I know what is best for my kid.

Sorry for the long-winded message, just like to share....

127#
發表於 09-11-11 15:01 |只看該作者
I think the same. When I notices a number of people in BK having the accetpance letter, i would think all the letters have been sent out already. It is worst that SPCC, DGS and DBS will not annouce the results before 23 Nov and that makes people pay the desposit to secure the place in advance. It seems that it will be a long term battle.

原帖由 Jack0128 於 09-11-11 12:03 發表
They are sending out all the letters already, and after the registration on Nov 23.
They call the second batch to fill up all the vacancy.

You can see more than 10 BK parents receive the acceptance  ...
Work hard moms!

128#
發表於 09-11-11 15:14 |只看該作者
Justin Justin, Jack0128,

Excuse me. How do you know that all the 99 acceptance letter had already been sent out?!

I am quite puzzled since my wife had called the school twice one each in the morning and afternoon today, asking the school if all the 99 acceptance letters had been sent out.

The staff answered her call in the morning said only some of the 99 acceptance letters were sent out. When asked how many, she said around 30-40.  But when she was asked for further details, the staff said she didn't know and it was up to the principal to give out the letters for mailing.  

The staff answered my wife in the afternoon said the same that only some of the 99 acceptance letters had been sent out.  But when she was asked "some" refers to how many, she said she was not sure but reconfirmed that some more letters will be sent out before 23 Nov.

Any other mummy or daddy had called the school or have other source of information to clarify this?

129#
發表於 09-11-11 15:15 |只看該作者

回覆 2# Yonniewong 的文章

Dear Yonniewong,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply and warm regards.
I have just sent out the appeal-letter in Chinese. I will write again in English tonite and sent again tomorrow.

My son's PTH and English are indeed not bad. He is from an Eng-Mandarin Kinder class. However, I recalled that interview day, he didn't perform well at the beginning (he got distracted, nervous and impatient as getting up too early and waiting for a bit too long to him. He woke up at 630am and got on the taxi at 740am and arrived the school at 815am!) What a pity, after the interview, we were very well cared by the student-helpers during the tour, and it was since that time my son got "warmed-up" and become very polite and cooperative and expressed he likes this school ! too late, interview finished already.
he is always like this, as he is a "slow-warm-up" type of boys. he always need about 1-1.5 hour to warm up and become a normally behaved good boy. So he almost fails all schools interviewed so far !! cry cry

but i really like this school. as the amount of homework is reasonable, the bilingual env is good, the kids are happy learning, co-ed nature, the student hostel life.................

i never treat this school as my "back-up" school. this is really my top-priority dream school!
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

130#
發表於 09-11-11 15:25 |只看該作者

回覆 128# grDaddy 的文章

Exactly what we got the same message within these few days from our calls to the school.

Though I tend to think that all should have been sent if for administrative conveniecne, we are still waiting for a hope!

Really confused.

131#
發表於 09-11-11 15:32 |只看該作者
littlemak
we have about one more week to wait .........................

[ 本帖最後由 grDaddy 於 09-11-11 15:34 編輯 ]

132#
發表於 09-11-11 15:33 |只看該作者

回覆 6# Yonniewong 的文章

Dear Yonniewong,
my hubby just asked me to stop writing the appeal letter again in Eng. He said it would be of no use at all, as no. of seats is limited and all parents would do the same and then the principal would also do the same action- polite but reject letter in reply, just like all other private schools would do! e.g. kowloon tong school, st. paul boys, etc............
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

133#
發表於 09-11-11 15:37 |只看該作者

回覆 128# grDaddy 的文章

Hi grDaddy,

Just called and nope, not all acceptance letters have been sent out.  Still more to come.  

I am just wondering how they group those acceptance letters - by interview language - chinese/english/mandarin?

for all those who got acceptance letters, do your kids belong to chinese or english or mandarin session?

134#
發表於 09-11-11 15:37 |只看該作者
I called and asked yestersday, the office lady seems to be a bit annoyed and told me that she didn't know anything................ it was all handled by the principal herself............. I repeated my Q one more time and she told me the same answer..........

135#
發表於 09-11-11 15:41 |只看該作者

回覆 2# grDaddy 的文章

grDaddy,

same feeling ............ difficult days for parents.

wait and wait and wait. I'd rather they sent out all letters in one time. To shorten the length of torture to us, wait and wait and wait .................

13 more days to 23Nov indeed.

Have you got any offer in hand by now? Is SSCPS your first?
We prefer it than DBS, as the philosophy of education is so different.

Anyway, my son didn't get any 2nd interview chance at DBS.
littlemak小麥 天行健,君子以自強不息!

136#
發表於 09-11-11 15:49 |只看該作者
Dear ngc_hk

I live in Bonham Road, and I checked the websit of SPCCPS saying that they have the school bus on Park Road.  Let's check together to ensure that our girls will have a transportation to go to sch.  I believe that I will give up the lucky draw coz I really can't bear a gambling.

原帖由 ngc_hk 於 09-11-11 13:42 發表
Shusiusiu, same case as you, my girl got accepted and we live in western district.  We got the impression that the school bus service does not extend to Kennedy Town, but will definately check with th ...

137#
發表於 09-11-11 16:35 |只看該作者
原帖由 littlemak 於 09-11-11 15:41 發表
grDaddy,

same feeling ............ difficult days for parents.

wait and wait and wait. I'd rather they sent out all letters in one time. To shorten the length of torture to us, wait and wait and wa ...

I do have offers, which are quite ok and are the first choice of some parents.

I think it is difficult to deny that SSCPS is my first choice as I feel most nervous while waiting its letter.  Perhaps, this is the only one letter really makes me feeling nervous.

Not only its campus, but aslo its brand name, its environment, its language atmosphere, its teaching method, its activities and its philosophy attract me a lot.

I think you are the minority that prefer SSCPS to DBS.  People may still think that you will choose DBS once you really get accepted by it.

[ 本帖最後由 grDaddy 於 09-11-11 16:44 編輯 ]

138#
發表於 09-11-11 17:30 |只看該作者
Really?

原帖由 bobee 於 09-11-11 15:37 發表
Hi grDaddy,

Just called and nope, not all acceptance letters have been sent out.  Still more to come.  

I am just wondering how they group those acceptance letters - by interview language - chinese/ ...

139#
發表於 09-11-11 17:33 |只看該作者
As far as I know it, the school bus covers Belchers.  So, it is highly likely that it covers Kennedy Tow and Bonham Road as well.

Suggest to check with the school bus provider.

原帖由 shusiusiu 於 09-11-11 15:49 發表
Dear ngc_hk

I live in Bonham Road, and I checked the websit of SPCCPS saying that they have the school bus on Park Road.  Let's check together to ensure that our girls will have a transportation to g ...

140#
發表於 09-11-11 17:39 |只看該作者
It seems that diff parents called at diff time/date had diff answers from their diff staff. Ow....... What is happening here? Do their staff answer qns by gut feelings?  

原帖由 cmchang0927 於 09-11-11 15:37 發表
I called and asked yestersday, the office lady seems to be a bit annoyed and told me that she didn't know anything................ it was all handled by the principal herself............. I repeated m ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題